Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (454478 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2023
I am still available for anyone who needs coaching and tutoring for the TEF/TCF exams. My details and TEF results are on my profile page.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 12:41pm On Jan 06
If you are having problems with your French listening, here is a useful resource that I used to improve my listening skills before I started attempting the listening tests of TEF. The website FrenchPod closed down over 4 years ago but the audios and transcriptions are still available.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shizzy7(f): 3:32am On Jan 07
Hello, I'm planning on learning French for TEF, as a beginner, I intend to dedicate the next 7 months to it, hopefully I find a a good personal teacher soon and resources to hel achieve this goal.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Remson23: 4:38pm On Jan 07
Good day members. Please for anyone who took TEF (new format) recently, how was the navigation on the computer screen during Compréhension Orale (listening)? I would also like to know your general experiences in all the test parts. Thank you.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 6:23pm On Jan 07
shizzy7:
Hello, I'm planning on learning French for TEF, as a beginner, I intend to dedicate the next 7 months to it, hopefully I find a a good personal teacher soon and resources to hel achieve this goal.

Congratulations and good job on taking that first step...
We have testimonials of this exam being done in that time frame.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We're gentle folks over here grin

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 9:31am On Jan 09
Remson23:
Good day members. Please for anyone who took TEF (new format) recently, how was the navigation on the computer screen during Compréhension Orale (listening)? I would also like to know your general experiences in all the test parts. Thank you.

If you go to lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr and search for new format of TEF, on the page that it shows, right at the bottom, there is a link to the simulation of the reading and listening tests. The software on those webpages is exactly the same as that of the exams.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ckizy: 11:23am On Jan 09
Goodday all, please I need a good French tutor. I'm just a beginner.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by suzzyrims: 3:19pm On Jan 10
79733139:
If you are having problems with your French listening, here is a useful resource that I used to improve my listening skills before I started attempting the listening tests of TEF. The website FrenchPod closed down over 4 years ago but the audios and transcriptions are still available.

God bless you for this. It is really helpful

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12
If she is looking to get 450 points in all four tests (which adds more than 50 points to CRS score), 6 - 7 months is very unrealistic, and outrightly impossible for Nigerians living in Nigeria who have a full-time job. However, if she is looking to get maybe like 5 - 10 points from French to add to her CRS score, then it is possible.

Popoola1527:

"Having been a tutor and a native speaker, from my experience, I have never seen or come across people learning French for 6-7 months and passing the exam. It's usually good to always tell ourselves the truth. French is quite challenging, with exceptions to master in both listening, speaking, reading, and writing.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Remson23: 4:51pm On Jan 12
79733139:

If you go to lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr and search for new format of TEF, on the page that it shows, right at the bottom, there is a link to the simulation of the reading and listening tests. The software on those webpages is exactly the same as that of the exams.

Thank you.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 11:46pm On Jan 15
Remson23:

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Sidenote: I am still available if anyone here needs help with studying for TEF/TCF exams.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 11:07pm On Jan 16
Hey guys, I’m sorry if this question has been asked before, I tried to search for it but didn’t find it. Was the price of TCF recently increased or it has always been 289k, asking because I want to make a choice of countries to write it in and want to know which is cheaper. Thanks in advance!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 10:45am On Jan 17
Dauphine:
Hey guys, I’m sorry if this question has been asked before, I tried to search for it but didn’t find it. Was the price of TCF recently increased or it has always been 289k, asking because I want to make a choice of countries to write it in and want to know which is cheaper. Thanks in advance!

Recently increased. It was around 185k or so before...
Be Careful when choosing countries.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 12:34pm On Jan 17
aurorae1:

Recently increased. It was around 185k or so before...
Be Careful when choosing countries.

Thanks for your response, I would like to know what you mean by the latter part. The thing is I reside in Europe (non-French speaking) but I’ll be visiting Nigeria in the coming weeks. The country I’m in has not yet published dates for exams till now and they are not responding to my emails so I thought I can register and write the exam while I’m visiting Nigeria. The price they gave me last year is considerably cheaper than what I’m seeing on AF Lagos site that’s why I’m asking
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 1:45pm On Jan 17
Dauphine:

Thanks for your response, I would like to know what you mean by the latter part. The thing is I reside in Europe (non-French speaking) but I’ll be visiting Nigeria in the coming weeks. The country I’m in has not yet published dates for exams till now and they are not responding to my emails so I thought I can register and write the exam while I’m visiting Nigeria. The price they gave me last year is considerably cheaper than what I’m seeing on AF Lagos site that’s why I’m asking

I understand better what you meant.
I'd say weigh your options, if time is of the essence and you're ready for the exams and the price difference isn't a limiting factor, just take it here in Lagos. Yes, it's way more expensive now angry , the naira is fairing badly cry.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 2:42pm On Jan 17
aurorae1:

I understand better what you meant.
I'd say weigh your options, if time is of the essence and you're ready for the exams and the price difference isn't a limiting factor, just take it here in Lagos. Yes, it's way more expensive now angry , the naira is fairing badly cry.

Time is always of the essence in these things and I can’t say I’m 100% ready but I still have sometime to the exam even if I do it earlier in Nigeria. Money is not a limiting factor, I’m just worried that with the way they haven’t announced any dates in the country I’m at and how slow they are to responding to emails maybe I’d be better off writing in Nigeria. Thanks a lot for your assistance, I really appreciate ❤️
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 7:39pm On Jan 17
Dauphine:

Time is always of the essence in these things and I can’t say I’m 100% ready but I still have sometime to the exam even if I do it earlier in Nigeria. Money is not a limiting factor, I’m just worried that with the way they haven’t announced any dates in the country I’m at and how slow they are to responding to emails maybe I’d be better off writing in Nigeria. Thanks a lot for your assistance, I really appreciate ❤️

I understand. The Alliance Française here is on top of communication if that's something.
There's no 100% readiness. French must keep you on your toes grin.
I wish you all the best with your exam.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 11:58am On Jan 18
Dauphine:

Look for TCF past/sample questions and attempt them like you were in exam conditions. Get a French speaker who is on a higher level to give you a mock speaking test... do this at least 5 times for all tests...and you will have a clear idea if you are good enough to write the TCF exam.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 12:53pm On Jan 18
79733139:

Look for TCF past/sample questions and attempt them like you were in exam conditions. Get a French speaker who is on a higher level to give you a mock speaking test... do this at least 5 times for all tests...and you will have a clear idea if you are good enough to write the TCF exam.

Thank you, this is exactly what I’m doing right now.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19
Dauphine:

Thank you, this is exactly what I’m doing right now.

Okay, all the best.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 12:46pm On Jan 19
79733139:

Okay, all the best.

Little update:

I eventually got through to the exam centre over here and their price is the same as last year, I guess they are not getting a lot customers 😄 so I decided to do the exam with them when I get back from my vacation so I can buy myself more time. Thank you for the assistance

Cc: aurorae1

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (182) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.