Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (455677 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aestake: 1:51am On Apr 19
79733139:

It was this sort of thing that got Alliance Française suspended for months in 2022. Don't cause problems for others.
hahaha...respond to the guy.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Gsilk(f): 2:08pm On Apr 21
thelma76:
In the spirit of transparency and sharing, j’ai voulu vous partager que j’ai passe mon examen aujourd’hui. If I could go back, what would I do differently?

1. I’d stick to Madam Bizang (but only because her foundational classes are exceptional). I know someone had raised a complaint about her attitude and I mentioned it could be due to a barrier in language and culture. However, I eventually got a glimpse of what this person had described which honestly demoralized me and I had to call it out to her.

2. However, in addition to madam Bizang and the immersion (French podcasts etc) I’d honestly focus fully on using the past questions packs on réussirTCFcanada point com. I’ll tell you for free that a lot of the questions in EE and EO were all in their past questions which made these sections super breezy for me. Sharing some at the end of this message.

3. I’d request an adapted keyboard. The keyboard being used at AF Lagos is despicable. The keys are stiff and most times, you have to go back to correct what you’ve written because the keys are jammed somewhat. Also, adding the accents is tougher because you have to consciously pause and select the accent on the screen. A candidate who had written previously had requested for this during his registration and he received a wonderful adapted Azerty keyboard during the exam to all our envies.

4. I cannot repeat this enough. Practice the exam packs on that website over and over and over again for all épreuves! My only regret is not starting them earlier than last week. Even for CO and CE, saw a few repeated questions.

Things to note: you don’t control the time with CO. Each question has a set duration so you have to wait till the timer runs out to go to the next question. It would have been preferable to have control over the pace of CO. For CE, you control the pace.

Finally, I got B2 in both CO and CE but now I heard there’s a B2 haut and B2 Bas. And I didn’t pay attention to the scores because I thought the grades mattered most. Additionally, I had to leave the room immediately after so little to no time to take note of it. Now I’m anxious because I’m not sure I got B2 haut as I can’t remember seeing any 500s in either scores. I guess we’ll wait and see in three weeks as they advised. I’m super anxious and don’t even feel as relieved as I thought I would.

Finally, practice past questions till you’re sick of it!! I wish I had and if I have to rewrite this, I wouldn’t fret at all given this experience I now have. Again, it’s me…the one who started actively learning in September…I think all things are possible with a little determination. I’ll definitely try again if that’s required eventually!

Well done! Do you remember your EO and EE questions please? EO especially.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 10:17pm On Apr 21
thelma76:
Finally, I got B2 in both CO and CE but now I heard there’s a B2 haut and B2 Bas. And I didn’t pay attention to the scores because I thought the grades mattered most. Additionally, I had to leave the room immediately after so little to no time to take note of it. Now I’m anxious because I’m not sure I got B2 haut as I can’t remember seeing any 500s in either scores. I guess we’ll wait and see in three weeks as they advised. I’m super anxious and don’t even feel as relieved as I thought I would.

Finally, practice past questions till you’re sick of it!! I wish I had and if I have to rewrite this, I wouldn’t fret at all given this experience I now have. Again, it’s me…the one who started actively learning in September…I think all things are possible with a little determination. I’ll definitely try again if that’s required eventually!

Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations in advance. Tbh, you have really done well whether you get the B2 haut or bas, because girl look at how far you’ve come in just seven months! I started earlier than you did in July and I’ve postponed my exam twice now because I don’t feel ready yet 🫣 Dieu m’aide!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by thelma76(f): 8:02am On Apr 22
Dauphine:

Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations in advance. Tbh, you have really done well whether you get the B2 haut or bas, because girl look at how far you’ve come in just seven months! I started earlier than you did in July and I’ve postponed my exam twice now because I don’t feel ready yet 🫣 Dieu m’aide!

Thanks a lot! I know this feeling and that’s what stopped me from registering in February. I realized I wasn’t sure I’d ever feel “ready” (it’s a language proficiency exam with two subjective tests), you just have to take that leap either way. I wish you success in advance!!

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 5:21pm On Apr 23
Dauphine:

Before you take the exams, it is best that you get a French teacher (or a francophone) to test you on the speaking and writing test. Tell your "mock examiner" to be as clear-eyed and as unsparing as possible in his assessment of your performance. The exams have become too expensive now (except you don't live in Nigeria). You don't want to be going in with "I hope", you want to go into the exam hall with super confidence that someone else has objectively tested you and assured you that your level is good enough.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by thelma76(f): 9:59am On Apr 24
Gsilk:

Well done! Do you remember your EO and EE questions please? EO especially.

Sorry for the delayed response. I actually responded since the day you asked but they keep banning and deleting my posts.

I’ll have to find a way to share it. Does anyone know if a picture screenshot would also lead to a ban if the questions are in French?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by thelma76(f): 12:50pm On Apr 24
Okay lovely people! The results are out and in exactly one week smiley. As promised, breakdown below:
CO: 448 - B2
CE: 496 - B2
EO: 11 - B2
EE: 10 - B2

If you’re familiar with the requirements, you’d already know I have to rewrite as I needed 10 extra points in CO only, for this result to suffice. All this to say, please practice the past questions to stupor lol. It’s annoying because it’s just one section making me spend this money again and worst, the earliest date is June 3rd. But c’est pas grave, people have had it worse and they didn’t relent so we go again. Thanks for all your support and encouragement. Btw, would try responding again to the moniker who asked for the questions, if this site doesn’t ban me

11 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by NwunyeAlberta: 3:35pm On Apr 24
Bon courage, Thelma!
Sleep on TCF Formation and practice the CO questions. Looking forward to your testimony.

thelma76:
Okay lovely people! The results are out and in exactly one week smiley. As promised, breakdown below:

If you’re familiar with the requirements, you’d already know I have to rewrite as I needed 10 extra points in CO only, for this result to suffice. All this to say, please practice the past questions to stupor lol. It’s annoying because it’s just one section making me spend this money again and worst, the earliest date is June 3rd. But c’est pas grave, people have had it worse and they didn’t relent so we go again. Thanks for all your support and encouragement. Btw, would try responding again to the moniker who asked for the questions, if this site doesn’t ban me
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Gsilk(f): 5:02pm On Apr 24
thelma76:

Sure you'll ace it next time! Bon courage. I guessed it banned you. Could you type it in English instead ? Thank youu.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 7:58pm On Apr 24
79733139:

Before you take the exams, it is best that you get a French teacher (or a francophone) to test you on the speaking and writing test. Tell your "mock examiner" to be as clear-eyed and as unsparing as possible in his assessment of your performance. The exams have become too expensive now (except you don't live in Nigeria). You don't want to be going in with "I hope", you want to go into the exam hall with super confidence that someone else has objectively tested you and assured you that your level is good enough.

Thank you for the advice, I already have a tutor been working with one since I started

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 8:02pm On Apr 24
This is a very good effort 🤗 you will smash in the next exam, Bon courage!

thelma76:

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by zaramM: 10:20pm On Apr 24
Hello everyone. Pls where can i get past questions for TEF Canada exam?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by wright005: 12:16am On Apr 25
NwunyeAlberta:
Bon courage, Thelma!
Sleep on TCF Formation and practice the CO questions. Looking forward to your testimony.

Please where can I find these CO practice questions? Please.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by wememore03: 10:12am On Apr 25
thelma76:

Congratulations, May i ask how you studied and Materials used?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by zaramM: 10:22am On Apr 25
Pls can someone help point me in the right direction, thanks you!

zaramM:
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 11:00am On Apr 25
thelma76:

TCF has nothing on you!
You did real good!! Please be proud of yourself and how far you've come.
Everyone knows TCF listening is a real casse-tête...
Let RFI and the formation site be your partners and you'll smash it out the box...
It will all work out.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by deyplay: 1:04pm On Apr 25
zaramM:

check facebook, there are alot of TEF groups check. Join the one with the highest followers.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 2:21pm On Apr 25
zaramM:

Have you started your exam prep? I Do send a mail, I didn't take TEF but on a few groups.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 3:03pm On Apr 25
zaramM:

1.) YouTube
2.) PrepMyFuture - https://prepmyfuture.com/tef-english
3.) Search on Google for TEF past questions, you will see a few free PDF downloads
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Theflint1(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25
Enculer2:

You have a good point.

Some people seem to think that TCF is easier. I have a very good level of French and I live in the country, work in the language and have seen people take both exams. Many people on the French TEF Facebook group feel the same.

I have written both exams in the past (general versions) but not for immigration purposes but rather to test my knowledge of French. I had a C2 in expression orale back then in both exams. I scored lower than C2 in the comprehension bits though.

In the end, it is about passing and passing well. There are fine margins.

If I had a candidate with B1 level of French I would advise them to go for TEF Canada rather than TCF given the TEF resources available.

The truth is without past questions, TEF texts would appear tougher than the TCF ones, considering the time

Candidates can go for whichever one they feel would give them points.

I am interested in seeing scores. Let candidates post their TCF and TEF scores and let us see what the performance is like.

Hello, good evening. Please can you advise on TEF materials to go from B1 to at least C1... My wife is at the B1 level (TCF) and we're trying to move up levels.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by NuCypher: 6:20am On Apr 26
thelma76:

It's an excellent result nonetheless. Good job! Looks like you are going to nail the rewrite, when you do it.
if you don't want to get banned, don't put accents on your French

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by zaramM: 9:57pm On Apr 26
ok, thank you very much!

deyplay:
check facebook, there are alot of TEF groups check. Join the one with the highest followers.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by zaramM: 12:41pm On Apr 27
yes i have. started months ago.

aurorae1:

Have you started your exam prep? I Do send a mail, I didn't take TEF but on a few groups.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by zaramM: 12:45pm On Apr 27
been doing a lot of youtube practices. will try the other areas you suggested.

thank you!

79733139:

1.) YouTube
2.) PrepMyFuture - https://prepmyfuture.com/tef-english
3.) Search on Google for TEF past questions, you will see a few free PDF downloads
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by NwunyeAlberta: 10:53pm On Apr 29
formation-tcfcanada.com
It's $49.99 for 2 months for Comprehension Orale and Ecrite.
That should be the silver package or so

wright005:

Please where can I find these CO practice questions? Please.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by tobe1997: 3:52pm On Apr 30
I greet the house!

I’m new in this space and I want to start my French journey. I’m a beginner and I’m looking to write the exam by the end of November.

Can I please get recommendations for tutors that can help me speed up this process.

Thank you
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by tobe1997: 3:59pm On Apr 30
I sent an nairaland message to you. Please reply when you get a chance @79733139
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by deyplay: 5:45pm On Apr 30
tobe1997:
I greet the house!

I’m new in this space and I want to start my French journey. I’m a beginner and I’m looking to write the exam by the end of November.

Can I please get recommendations for tutors that can help me speed up this process.

Thank you
Well, you can check through the pages, recommended tutors are on this page. Start from page 1. Also, to achieve that feat within that time frame, you must learn French and practice as if your life depends on it. As for my recommendation, you can contact AF and Tobidam and choose whichever fits your plan.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by tobe1997: 9:02pm On Apr 30
deyplay:
Well, you can check through the pages, recommended tutors are on this page. Start from page 1. Also, to achieve that feat within that time frame, you must learn French and practice as if your life depends on it. As for my recommendation, you can contact AF and Tobidam and choose whichever fits your plan.

Thank you. Will do
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by SA24: 8:14am On May 01
Good morning all

Please is TCF only writing in portharcourt ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.