Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (454107 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 2:41pm On Mar 13
How far? Have you written your exams? If not, I still have CFA 7000 from my 2022 trip, I live in Lagos, so if you are interested we could meet up and do an exchange at the current rate.

AlamuBiyi:

You don't need to fly, go by road it's safe
You only need to sleep one night, nobody knows you, book a cheap hotel
If you were in Nigeria 🇳🇬 you'll feed won't you, not like you're staying for days

I can beat my chest you're not even spending 500k in total. Except if you don't want to be economical!
Like I said I went there to verify, I'll write there!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by AlamuBiyi(m): 12:09pm On Mar 15
79733139:
How far? Have you written your exams? If not, I still have CFA 7000 from my 2022 trip, I live in Lagos, so if you are interested we could meet up and do an exchange at the current rate.

Funny ☺, 7k cfa at current rate?
What's the point meeting up then?
The only consideration would have been a way cheaper rate. If not, what's the point meeting up for 7k cfa from a total of about 200k cfa that is needed, when I'll still have to go change the balance at the current rate.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by NwunyeAlberta: 1:34pm On Mar 15
Please can you share your tutor's contact? I want to try someone new.

PurpleHibiscus7:
Hello house,

I am back with my testimony. After three attempts of being stuck at band 6 in EE and changing structures, I have finally shattered the nclc 7 ceiling at my fourth attempt! CE B2 CO C1 EE B2 EO B2. Just for someone here, please don't give up and always believe you can improve. I threw in the towel many times and picked it back up because... 50 points makes a world of difference. Thank you to everyone who encouraged me here. So, what I did for this last attempt:
1. Registered for a McGill online TEF writing course structured by a former TEF examiner (this demystified the entire EE for me)
2. Kept my former Cameroonian tutor. She's very patient; she will deal with your grammar warmly, making you want to learn. I can drop her contact if anyone is interested. She followed me through all my ups and downs and never let me go.
3. Attempted Madame Bizang, but after a few classes, I realized that her attitude was not tailored for me. I did all my homework and attended classes early, but she'd talk down on every piece of classwork I produced, saying my grammar was pretty much zero without offering any solid solution. She once told me I couldn't get the desired score in her opinion, and I started losing confidence in both my written and oral French. So, I quietly quit.
4. I listened to 8 milliard de Voisin on RFI daily. Anytime I heard a new word, I'd stop, check the meaning and how to use it, and then use it in conversation with my tutor. I also watched French movies on Netflix.
5. Prepmyfuture is a powerhouse. I cannot overemphasize the content there. Please NOTE: they have now updated their content to suit the new format of the TEF starting from Dec 11, 2023.
6. Joined a Cameroonian TEF prep WhatsApp group called Dr. Manfred C2. I used it to study how the native French write and just followed their convos.
5. I praised God ahead of test day. I almost missed my test due to unforeseen traffic, but we thank God.
If you've followed my story, you'd know I have been through the fire... but other testimonies encouraged me, so I'm encouraging someone else; it is worth every sleepless night, frustrated days, tears, mental, physical, and emotional exhaustion. In total, I got an extra 62 points from TEF.

Apologies for the long write-up; I promised to come back with my praise report, and here it is. Have a blessed evening, everyone!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 4:30pm On Mar 15
AlamuBiyi:

Funny ☺, 7k cfa at current rate?
What's the point meeting up then?
The only consideration would have been a way cheaper rate. If not, what's the point meeting up for 7k cfa from a total of about 200k cfa that is needed, when I'll still have to go change the balance at the current rate.

Okay then, no need.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 7:33pm On Mar 15
AlamuBiyi:

Maybe it was 160k cfa at a time in 2022, I can't remember
But my point is, up to last week it was 140cfa across West Francophones. It just increased, in fact I still have the schedule where it was 140k cfa. Maybe after 2022 it was decreased or maybe your registration agency charged you. I've known it to be 140k cfa for a while!
That being said, 160k cfa is about 400k in naira now. It better to write there than... 700k Ngr

When do you plan to take the test and what's the process of registration. I go to Cotonou often and I think I'll prefer to take it there. However, do you not think the grading system will be a lot different considering that is a francophone country?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by wondychiqe: 11:39pm On Mar 16
Please i am a newbie here, age is about to cut me off hence my presence here.

Please is there anywhere in Abuja I can learn french or online for a beginner? This tef new price weak me sha but it is well. Let me learn first. Please help me.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 12:52am On Mar 17
wondychiqe:

Please is there anywhere in Abuja I can learn french or online for a beginner? This tef new price weak me sha but it is well. Let me learn first. Please help me.

There should be an Alliance Française branch in Abuja. They are a good option for physical classes. There are online resources shared in the first few pages of this thread as well. Do well to check them out. I would however recommend a physical class for a complete beginner in French.

Bon chance!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by wondychiqe: 8:20am On Mar 17
Thank you so much 👏. Please any recommendations for physical French tutors?

DerFuhrer:

There should be an Alliance Française branch in Abuja. They are a good option for physical classes. There are online resources shared in the first few pages of this thread as well. Do well to check them out. I would however recommend a physical class for a complete beginner in French.

Bon chance!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 6:26pm On Mar 17
wondychiqe:
Thank you so much 👏. Please any recommendations for physical French tutors?

I don't, unfortunately.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by AlamuBiyi(m): 10:13am On Mar 18
DerFuhrer:

The earliest date I can get will be fine
To register you have to be physically present as a Nigerian
You can mail me on leresponsableavatar@gmail.com
Well maybe the grading system could be different but don't think it will fall on the negative. Because it's francophone I expect it to even be better.

When do you plan to take the test and what's the process of registration. I go to Cotonou often and I think I'll prefer to take it there. However, do you not think the grading system will be a lot different considering that is a francophone country?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by AlamuBiyi(m): 10:14am On Mar 18
wondychiqe:

You can send a mail me on leresponsableavatar@gmail.com
I don't think the site wants us to drop contacts
I can recommend GOOD French Tutor

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by AlamuBiyi(m): 10:15am On Mar 18
wondychiqe:

Leresponsableavatar@gmail.com
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by AlamuBiyi(m): 10:16am On Mar 18
DerFuhrer:

Leresponsableavatar@gmail.com since ee cannot drop contacts
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 9:40pm On Mar 20
In case you need those books for the speaking and writing tests of TEF.

TEF Canada Expression Écrite: 150 Topics To Succeed by Jean K. Mathieu
TEF Canada Expression Orale: 150 Topics To Succeed by Jean K. Mathieu
Réussir Son TEF/TEFAQ/TEF Canada: Expression Orale by Hourieh Marvi

Send an email to tayomassive@gmail.com with subject title: "The three books for TEF speaking and writing tests" and I will send them to you.

Need a French tutor? Check my profile.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 5:24pm On Mar 21
Concerning the reading and listening tests of TEF which were changed recently, this web page gives you all the details:

https://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/en/tef-changes-2023/

For simulations of the reading and listening tests (exactly how it is in the exams, using the same software environment), check out these links:

https://cci-paris-idf.assessmentq.com/?treeStructureAccessCode=1a60d46f-10e1-4166-9732-ba0253d22538&userAccessCode=3BC43E1C-DF95-4261-892B-0AA6482FEEB2&log=1

https://cci-paris-idf.assessmentq.com/?treeStructureAccessCode=e3c24e35-e484-4508-a206-89285dc62935&userAccessCode=3BC43E1C-DF95-4261-892B-0AA6482FEEB2&log=1

I completed both test simulations and as someone who took the old format TEF twice (the writing and speaking tests are still the same format), the new reading and listening tests are slightly easier if you focus on learning French because the time remains the same but the number of questions have been reduced and the difficulty level hasn't been increased.

If you are more concerned about past questions coming out, you will be disappointed because right now, although there are many sample questions on YouTube and PrepMyFuture that can help you a lot, not too many "actual past questions" have been "leaked" yet.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by BiyiTudors: 8:49pm On Mar 21
Good evening everyone, thank you so much for all you do. I got a notice of interest from Ontario today after setting up my profile earlier this morning. I realise that I made a mistake when setting up the form because the site was really buggy. I included my surname as part of my first name and left out one of my middle names. Herein lies my question: would updating the form to reflect the correct name invalidate my NOI from Ontario?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 9:25pm On Mar 21
BiyiTudors:
Good evening everyone, thank you so much for all you do. I got a notice of interest from Ontario today after setting up my profile earlier this morning. I realise that I made a mistake when setting up the form because the site was really buggy. I included my surname as part of my first name and left out one of my middle names. Herein lies my question: would updating the form to reflect the correct name invalidate my NOI from Ontario?

I don't think so, your notice of interest is based on things like your degree, age, language tests and not on the order of your names. That said, you need to put your name the way it is on your passport. You can also ask your question on the main Express Entry thread, you will get more experienced folks to advise your accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 10:14pm On Mar 22
How To Improve Your Writing For TEF’s L’Expression Ecrite (Section B – La lettre d’argumentation)

(I removed the accent marks in the French texts to prevent Nairaland autobot from hiding my comment or banning my account. If your French is good enough, you will still be able to understand despite the lack of accent marks.)

Hello,

Concerning the writing test of the TEF exams. I scored a B2+ on both my two attempts of TEF and I would like to reveal some of the insights that I discovered during my preparations and self-learning.
In my preparation for the writing exam, I focused at least 70% of my efforts on Section B, particularly the letter-writing component (because it carries more marks), where we are tasked with responding to a given topic by presenting and supporting at least three arguments. Below, I outline the strategy I developed and utilized for that part of the writing exam.

From various sources and my own experience, I learned that consistency in argumentation, cohesive writing, and the use of sophisticated grammar are more crucial than error-free typing. Even minor errors, such as missing accents or endings, are forgivable as long as the overall structure and coherence remain intact, enabling one to achieve a B2+ level.

Time management is paramount, as we must allocate sufficient time for Section A (le fait divers/the newspaper story). While 250 words may initially seem daunting, with a prepared structure, it's feasible to write over 400 words in under 20 minutes.

Examiners scrutinize the letter's argumentative structure. The structure that I followed consists of an introduction, three argument paragraphs, and a conclusion. It looks something like this:

Paragraph 1: Introduction
Paragraph 2: Argument #1 (argument, explanation, example)
Paragraph 3: Argument #2 (argument, explanation, example)
Paragraph 4: Argument #3 (argument, explanation, example)
Paragraph 5: Conclusion

If your letter adheres to this structure alone, your score will already surpass B1.

The key to swiftly generating and composing an argumentative letter is to already have a fully formed letter prepared in your mind before you even know the topic.

Introduction

I consistently used the same introduction in all of my argumentative letters whilst practising. Having a single introduction applicable to any topic presented in the exam is both simple and efficient. I used sophisticated grammar in sections I've preplanned, thereby conserving time and effort during the exam. Each of my introductions followed this format:

------
Madame la redacteur en chef,
Apres la lecture d'un article captivant dans votre journal, je souhaite partager mes reflexions a ce sujet en tant que lecteur fidele. L'auteur de l'article observe que... [here, I rephrase the topic provided for discussion. It's much better to avoid repetition and instead utilize synonyms to paraphrase the topic as you are much likely to get more points for doing that.]... Quant a moi, je suis en desaccord avec lui et je souhaiterais exposer les raisons de cette divergence d'opinion.
------

That is the introduction I always use. It fits in with any topic, has complex grammar (many phrases in one sentence), and you've got it all planned out beforehand. You memorize those French sentences and then you reword the topic. And the best part is, this introduction already has more than 50 letters!

Argument 1

From what I've learned, I've found that the argument itself doesn't need to be based on real events or actual research. It doesn't even have to be logical! What really matters is the structure. It's essential to show the examiner that you grasp the task (writing an argumentative letter) and that you know how to use language to present and back up your argument. In the TEF exam, you're not required to come up with brilliant ideas. Your arguments could be uninteresting, unrealistic, or even silly, but if you use the correct structure, you can still achieve high scores.

I followed this pattern in all my argument paragraphs:

Sentence 1: State the argument briefly
Sentence 2: Explain the argument (explain the why and how of the argument)
Sentence 3: Give an example (it could be real or fabricated, it doesn’t matter)

It's really important to provide an example to back up your argument. You must always remember to include one. My first argumentative paragraphs always follow this pattern:

La premiere remarque importante que je voudrais faire est que... [Here, I share my initial argument, which I thought of and wrote down in my plan (I'll explain the planning more later in the article). Then, I expand on the argument: I try to say it differently or explain it in a simpler way, as if I'm explaining it to a child, using easy words.] ... Un exemple concret serait le sondage realise au Canada en 2019, ou il a ete revele que 30% des personnes interrogees... [Here, I include an example that I completely made up. Once more, it's crucial to provide an example, but it doesn't matter if it's a real or sensible one. As long as you have it to back your argument, you're fine.]

That is the first argumentative paragraph that I use. I've already got the start and the example part planned out in my mind, which helped me save time and effort during the exams.

Argument 2

I follow the same format for all my arguments. However, I do change the words slightly, of course. I write:
Maintenant, nous devons examiner l'argument que... or De plus, il faut noter que... [I also present my other argument. If my second argument is very similar to my first one, I use the phrase " De plus, il faut noter que..." again. After stating the argument, I try to explain it in simpler words. Then, I include an example, of course.] ... Prenons un exemple, considerons l'article publie dans Le Monde en France en 2001 ou [I use a different way to introduce the example, and instead of using an actual research, I create a fake article to support my argument (it is allowed, your mastery of the French language is what is being tested). Everything is made up by me to support my argument. Having the right structure is important].

Argument 3

Mon point final est que ... [here, I'm using shorter phrases because I've already written more than 200 words]. Les etudes menees a l'universite de Toronto demontrent que... [now, I sometimes just write 'par exemple' because I've already shown enough to the examiner].

Conclusion

The ending of our letter is really important. It's essential to wrap up your writing well to show that your letter makes sense and has a logical flow. When I conclude, I basically say whether I agree or disagree with the writer and sum up my points quickly. Then, I finish the letter by saying goodbye, like this:

Pour conclure, je voudrais souligner que je ne suis pas d’accord avec l'auteur de l’article car ... and I briefly restate my arguments. Je vous prie d'agreer, Madame, mes salutations distinguees.

Like I said at the start, the secret to doing well in the writing section part B is to have most of your work memorized before the exam. This ensures you have the right structure, plenty of words, and it helps you finish writing quickly. Here's the letter I used in both exams:

------

Apres la lecture d'un article captivant dans votre journal, je souhaite partager mes reflexions a ce sujet en tant que lecteur fidele. L'auteur de l'article observe que... ... Quant a moi, je suis en desaccord avec lui et je souhaiterais exposer les raisons de cette divergence d'opinion.

La premiere remarque importante que je voudrais faire est que... ... Un exemple concret serait le sondage realise au Canada en 2019, ou il a ete revele que 30% des personnes interrogees...

Maintenant, nous devons examiner l'argument que... or De plus, il faut noter que...Prenons un exemple, considerons l'article publie dans Le Monde en France en 2001 ou...

Mon point final est que ... Les etudes menees a l'universite de Toronto demontrent que...

Pour conclure, je voudrais souligner que je ne suis pas d’accord avec l'auteur de l’article car … Je vous prie d'agreer, Madame, mes salutations distinguees.
------

We're almost at 150 words out of 250! That's most of a letter already planned out in your head before the exam even starts.

Another important part of my plan is using outlines. Since I always have the basic structure of my future letter in mind, all I need to do is think of the arguments. After reading the topic, I use the first set of arguments that I think of, even if they don't all make perfect sense (because at the end of the day, the examiners are assessing your mastery of the French language and not the strength of your arguments). Then, I use these arguments in the opening sentences of my paragraphs. During the writing itself, all I do is expand on these arguments.

That's it, really. It's a simple strategy that got me a B2+ level score. I hope it helps you too, and feel free to use it in your TEF writing practice sessions.

11 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by TimIron: 8:36am On Mar 23
79733139:
Merci bien.

Please check your Nairaland email, I sent you a message. I am interested in your French tutoring.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 10:23am On Mar 24
Madame la *redactrice en chef

79733139:

The first e is e accent aigu.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 4:16pm On Mar 25
Hello house,

Has anyone here used the PrepMyFuture platform to prepare for TEF Canada, and how likely are you to recommend it? I have above-average knowledge of French (lived in a francophone country) but would like to use the next two months to improve on that and prepare for the exam.

Is it a good option?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 6:34pm On Mar 25
DerFuhrer:
Hello house,

Has anyone here used the PrepMyFuture platform to prepare for TEF Canada, and how likely are you to recommend it? I have above-average knowledge of French (lived in a francophone country) but would like to use the next two months to improve on that and prepare for the exam.

Is it a good option?

I subscribed in Dec 2021 for a year and at that time, my French wasn't very good, so it helped me a lot.

For the reading questions: the platform explains why the wrong answers are wrong and the correct answers are correct in both French and English.

For the listening questions: There are transcripts for each question for you to cross check the parts that you didn't hear properly.

For the writing section: You get some writing questions (Sections A and B) and detailed explanations of their different formats.

For the speaking: There are only sample speaking questions, and a link to YouTube videos of real speaking tests for both Section A and B.

Grammar: There are lots of tutorials and tests to help improve your grammar.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by kevoh(m): 10:36am On Mar 27
Good day tout le monde,

Does anyone know if Abuja has centers for taking the TCF or TEF?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 12:52pm On Mar 28
kevoh:
Good day tout le monde,

Does anyone know if Abuja has centers for taking the TCF or TEF?

Maybe check:

Institut Français
52 Libreville Street Off Amino Kano Crescent, Abuja, Nigeria
0805 947 8456
0805 945 4020
contact@institutfr-nigeria.org

https://www.facebook.com/institutfrancais.nigeria
https://www.instagram.com/ifnigeria
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 1:13pm On Mar 28
etrange:

Is it possible? Yes, I think it is. But then again, you have to consider what "pass" means in TEF

Unlike DELF where you write either A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2 and then pass or fail any of these levels, TEF is a singular exam that will place you on the right level based on your performance. In other words, you do not usually fail or pass TEF. The exam only grades you. Whether the outcome is acceptable or not then depends on the level required by the institution requesting for the exam. Canadian immigration is asking for CLB4 if French is presented as a second language. This can be likened to B1 according to the information I got at Alliance Francaise.

So the question is, can you attain B1 in 8 months?

Like I already answered, I believe you can. But that will take some serious dedication. Bearing in mind that your migration to Canada might depend on it should be a good source of motivation. Again, you must engage in personal studies asides class room lectures, make friends with those that speak the language and never give up even when it seems impossible. The last point is very important because there is always that point in foreign language learning where you feel you can't move on or that you are just wasting your time. Pass that stage and success is guaranteed. As they say, the seceret of learning a language is speaking the language. Speak, speak, speak. Even when it sounds horrible. It can only get better.

As for me, I was exposed to French in secondary school. I have been learning on my own since then. I wrote and passed DELF in 2013 cool

hello, I just stumbled on this thread and I think it would be good I present my issues here.

I currently live and work in the UK with my wife and looking at the possibility of moving to Canada through the express entry route.

I hold a masters degree in Finance and Accounting where I finished with a distinction and recently converted my result at the university of Toronto.

I have a 6 years accounting experience, will be 30 in July and my wife studied French where she can write and speak French.

I also have a family that lives in Canada.

I understand that the information provided above will give me good points to move to Canada but I don’t understand the processes involved.

I would appreciate it if you or anyone here could put me through on the steps to go about it.

A link would also be appreciated.

Many thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aworhmabel: 10:46pm On Mar 28
You don't really need to do much because you are on the right part:

Does ur wife have a masters degree? If yes she can stand in as the principle applicant. So, all u guys need to do are as follows

-Get both of ur masters degrees verified by WES.
-Both of you need to prepare and take the IELTS General test (pls aim for high scores in listening, reading, writing qnd speaking. Minimum of 8 in listening, 7 in reading, 7 in writing and 7.5 in speaking. It would be perfect if u get 7.5 in reading and 7.5 in writing cos the higher ur scores the higher your CRS in language.
-Since ur wife studied french, she willdo better in the TEF Canada exam. And that's why i suggested her to be the pricipal applicant (hope she is not more dan 30, cos if she is then you should be d principal applicant, there will be a drop in age for you guys)
-The relative u av in Canada, is it a sister or brother? It has to be an immediate family member for you to av additional in ur CRS score)
-I will advise you take the Ielts and do ur WES first, afterwich u create an express entry profile and enter d pool. You can always update ur profile with ur TEF result wen it is out.

Fortunately they do the french draw on a reg, and u both qualify, coupled with d fact dat u stand a higher chance too with the general draw.

I wish you guys all d luck u can get.

bharkarh:
hello, I just stumbled on this thread and I think it would be good I present my issues here.

I currently live and work in the UK with my wife and looking at the possibility of moving to Canada through the express entry route.

I hold a masters degree in Finance and Accounting where I finished with a distinction and recently converted my result at the university of Toronto.

I have a 6 years accounting experience, will be 30 in July and my wife studied French where she can write and speak French.

I understand that the information provided above will give me good points to move to Canada but I don’t understand the processes involved.

I would appreciate it if you or anyone here could put me through on the steps to go about it.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by NuCypher: 11:38pm On Mar 28
bharkarh:

Many thanks.
YOu seem in good position to get ITA and quality. But bros, nobody can help you as much as you can help yourself. You'd need to start on Page 1 of the Express Entry thread and work through what you need to gather as requirements. That's what everybody did, even those who had never heard of the program. Information on Page 1 has been carefully collated over the years by different people with amazing expertise. Honestly, I don't know anywhere else on the internet where you can get as much detailed information on this process specific to Nigerian applicants. I encourage you to go to the Page1 on that thread, read through, and figure out what you need to qualify.

Your wife speaks French. That's already a massive advantage right there that could qualify you and your spouse under the French category. You also have a masters degree. That's another advantage. You look set, but you need to put in the work.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aworhmabel: 5:12am On Mar 29

Does ur wife have a masters degree? If yes she can stand in as the principle applicant. So, all u guys need to do are as follows

-Both of you need to prepare and take the IELTS General test (pls aim for high scores in listening, reading, writing qnd speaking. Minimum of 8 in listening, 7 in reading, 7 in writing and 7.5 in speaking. It would be perfect if u get 7.5 in reading and 7.5 in writing cos the higher ur scores the higher your CRS in language.
-Since ur wife studied french, she willdo better in the TEF Canada exam. And that's why i suggested her to be the pricipal applicant (hope she is not more dan 30, cos if she is then you should be d principal applicant, there will be a drop in age for you guys)
-The relative u av in Canada, is it a sister or brother? It has to be an immediate family member for you to av additional in ur CRS score)
-I will advise you take the Ielts and do ur WES first, afterwich u create an express entry profile and enter d pool. You can always update ur profile with ur TEF result wen it is out.

Fortunately they do the french draw on a reg, and u both qualify, coupled with d fact dat u stand a higher chance too with the general draw.

aworhmabel:

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aworhmabel: 5:22am On Mar 29
Hi House,

Please, does anyone know if the Tef result takes longer than 4weeks to be out (I'm asking those dat av taken d exam ladt month or even dz year)?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 6:59am On Mar 29
aworhmabel:
Hi House,

Please, does anyone know if the Tef result takes longer than 4weeks to be out (I'm asking those dat av taken d exam ladt month or even dz year)?

The results come out after one week. They send it to your email, so after one week of taking the exams, start checking your inbox and spam mail.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Lastbornbuns: 8:46am On Mar 29
Haiddi:

I did two months of study with her.
Good morning. I've sent you a pm.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by SeunnlaA: 1:39pm On Mar 29
Hello,

To simplify things, I'll say that you should go through this link.
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239666

But, since you already made some details about you and your wife, I would advise that you a should get into the pool with the plan of getting into the French category. This category is one of the fastest at the moment. In that case, your wife should take the French exam while you take the English. I also think she should be the main applicant since you have similar duration of work experience.
What I mean is this, someone may have higher points as main applicant than if their spouse is the main applicant. But if their spouse is the one with the French proficiency, that French would be the significant factor in getting invited. Because people get invited even with points less than 400 simply because they speak French. While many with 500 are still waiting.

So, start by reading through that link above. But, quickly do these
1. Your wife should write the French exam
2. You should write English Test (CELPIP General.and
PTE Core tests are suggested as simpler)
3. You both should do a WES Evaluation (ECA) of your highest degree.
You need these 3 to get into the pool.
With the monthly French invitations, you may get called in within a month of getting into the pool.

bharkarh:

Many thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.