Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (454552 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 1:45pm On Mar 29
bharkarh:
hello, I just stumbled on this thread and I think it would be good I present my issues here.

I currently live and work in the UK with my wife and looking at the possibility of moving to Canada through the express entry route.

I hold a masters degree in Finance and Accounting where I finished with a distinction and recently converted my result at the university of Toronto.

I have a 6 years accounting experience, will be 30 in July and my wife studied French where she can write and speak French.

I also have a family that lives in Canada.

I understand that the information provided above will give me good points to move to Canada but I don’t understand the processes involved.

I would appreciate it if you or anyone here could put me through on the steps to go about it.

A link would also be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Whats up bro, I and my wife also live in the Uk and we are exploring the express entry route too, i just did my french exam at Alliance francais Glasgow in Scotland.

Send me a pm if you don’t mind.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 3:46pm On Mar 29
rs172:

Whats up bro, I and my wife also live in the Uk and we are exploring the express entry route too, i just did my french exam at Alliance francais Glasgow in Scotland.

Can I send a pm? Aiming to write TEF in a couple months and would like to connect.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29
DerFuhrer:

Can I send a pm? Aiming to write TEF in a couple months and would like to connect.

No probs boss
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aworhmabel: 6:04am On Mar 30
Thank you so much.
79733139:

The results come out after one week. They send it to your email, so after one week of taking the exams, start checking your inbox and spam mail.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Pablo9090: 11:12am On Mar 31
Good morning Everyone, Happy Easter to the Christians!!!. Pls now there is delay in entry to Canada , I don't know whether i should pull out the money in the proof of funds account , am already done with my biometric, pls answer is highly needed
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by canadamustgo24: 4:06pm On Mar 31
It will really be nice if we can all sign up for this petition. I just did. 700k is too crazy

aurorae1:

I saw it and didn't even know what to say.
It's highly disappointing. Furthermore they believe Nigerians will say nothing, take it in stride and still struggle to raise the money. It's plain extortion.
We need these bodies to charge naira rates for these exams, we don't earn in Euros.
I saw a change.org petition for it today, dunno how much good it'll do but I did sign up.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31
Pablo9090:
Good morning Everyone, Happy Easter to the Christians!!!. Pls now there is delay in entry to Canada , I don't know whether i should pull out the money in the proof of funds account , am already done with my biometric, pls answer is highly needed

What delay are you referring to?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by canadamustgo24: 4:40pm On Mar 31
Please I have an inquiry. From the last french draw, was it only for those that have clb 7 in french and used the language as first language.

My friend's result is out, but she has a clb 6 in french. Her score is currently 354. Please I just want to know if they also consider clb 6 provided you meet the crs cut-off for the current draw,

Thank you
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 4:45pm On Mar 31
canadamustgo24:
It will really be nice if we can all sign up for this petition. I just did. 700k is too crazy

I replied your Nairaland email but there is a problem. My contacts are in my signature and on my profile.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Pablo9090: 5:48pm On Mar 31
79733139:

What delay are you referring to?

What I mean is delay in processing visa to Canada, can I make use of the money in my proof of funds and later return it back ? Is it going to affect me now that I have done my biometric since January?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 7:50pm On Mar 31
canadamustgo24:

Omo! It would be but truthfully mobilising people for this cause would be difficult. I don't know if people can directly contact the Institut Français en France...
Nevertheless, people are already paying and booking out the the dates.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 8:03pm On Mar 31
canadamustgo24:
Please I have an inquiry. From the last french draw, was it only for those that have clb 7 in french and used the language as first language.

My friend's result is out, but she has a clb 6 in french. Her score is currently 354. Please I just want to know if they also consider clb 6 provided you meet the crs cut-off for the current draw,

Thank you

Unfortunately no. She needs a CLB 7 across the 4 competencies.
If the clb 6 is in either EO or EE she can request for a remark, there's a chance her score will increase.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 8:08pm On Mar 31
Pablo9090:

What I mean is delay in processing visa to Canada, can I make use of the money in my proof of funds and later return it back ? Is it going to affect me now that I have done my biometric since January?

I strongly advise you not to until you get your PPR. It's not unheard of people failing eligibility for touching their POF.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Guest911: 8:23pm On Mar 31
Please any French group please add me . I wanna learn French . MERCI BEAUCOUP

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 10:02pm On Mar 31
canadamustgo24:

Thank you

For her to qualify for the French category draw, it has to be CLB7. However, she can still get some point, but she wouldn't get the extra 50 bonus points from CLB6, she needs CLB7 to get that.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Pablo9090: 10:07pm On Mar 31
aurorae1:

I strongly advise you not to until you get your PPR. It's not unheard of people failing eligibility for touching their POF.

Sorry to bother you , please what is PPR?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 9:35am On Apr 01
rs172:

hello bro, many thanks. Will do right away.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 9:39am On Apr 01
SeunnlaA:
Hello,

To simplify things, I'll say that you should go through this link.
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239666

But, since you already made some details about you and your wife, I would advise that you a should get into the pool with the plan of getting into the French category. This category is one of the fastest at the moment. In that case, your wife should take the French exam while you take the English. I also think she should be the main applicant since you have similar duration of work experience.
What I mean is this, someone may have higher points as main applicant than if their spouse is the main applicant. But if their spouse is the one with the French proficiency, that French would be the significant factor in getting invited. Because people get invited even with points less than 400 simply because they speak French. While many with 500 are still waiting.

So, start by reading through that link above. But, quickly do these
1. Your wife should write the French exam
2. You should write English Test (CELPIP General.and
PTE Core tests are suggested as simpler)
3. You both should do a WES Evaluation (ECA) of your highest degree.
You need these 3 to get into the pool.
With the monthly French invitations, you may get called in within a month of getting into the pool.

thank you for your response. I’d like to dm you if you don’t mind. Hoping to hear back from you.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by SA24: 9:42am On Apr 01
Please kindly share to me via dm or via email Adesokanismail@gmail.com I need to get in touch with them .

Thanks in advance .
I can send you their email and Whatsapp number. The body organising TEF/TCF in Benin is L'Institut Français in Cotonou.[/quote]
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 9:49am On Apr 01
NuCypher:

YOu seem in good position to get ITA and quality. But bros, nobody can help you as much as you can help yourself. You'd need to start on Page 1 of the Express Entry thread and work through what you need to gather as requirements. That's what everybody did, even those who had never heard of the program. Information on Page 1 has been carefully collated over the years by different people with amazing expertise. Honestly, I don't know anywhere else on the internet where you can get as much detailed information on this process specific to Nigerian applicants. I encourage you to go to the Page1 on that thread, read through, and figure out what you need to qualify.

Your wife speaks French. That's already a massive advantage right there that could qualify you and your spouse under the French category. You also have a masters degree. That's another advantage. You look set, but you need to put in the work.
thank bro. Can you help with the link to the express entry thread? I don’t mind starting from pg1. Thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 9:49am On Apr 01
NuCypher:

YOu seem in good position to get ITA and quality. But bros, nobody can help you as much as you can help yourself. You'd need to start on Page 1 of the Express Entry thread and work through what you need to gather as requirements. That's what everybody did, even those who had never heard of the program. Information on Page 1 has been carefully collated over the years by different people with amazing expertise. Honestly, I don't know anywhere else on the internet where you can get as much detailed information on this process specific to Nigerian applicants. I encourage you to go to the Page1 on that thread, read through, and figure out what you need to qualify.

Your wife speaks French. That's already a massive advantage right there that could qualify you and your spouse under the French category. You also have a masters degree. That's another advantage. You look set, but you need to put in the work.
thanks bro, could you please help me with the link to the express entry, I don’t mind starting from pg1. Thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by SA24: 9:50am On Apr 01
Please kindly share with me sir
79733139:

I can send you their email and Whatsapp number. The body organising TEF/TCF in Benin is L'Institut Français in Cotonou.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by bharkarh(m): 9:54am On Apr 01
aworhmabel:
You don't really need to do much because you are on the right part:

Does ur wife have a masters degree? If yes she can stand in as the principle applicant. So, all u guys need to do are as follows

-Get both of ur masters degrees verified by WES.
-Both of you need to prepare and take the IELTS General test (pls aim for high scores in listening, reading, writing qnd speaking. Minimum of 8 in listening, 7 in reading, 7 in writing and 7.5 in speaking. It would be perfect if u get 7.5 in reading and 7.5 in writing cos the higher ur scores the higher your CRS in language.
-Since ur wife studied french, she willdo better in the TEF Canada exam. And that's why i suggested her to be the pricipal applicant (hope she is not more dan 30, cos if she is then you should be d principal applicant, there will be a drop in age for you guys)
-The relative u av in Canada, is it a sister or brother? It has to be an immediate family member for you to av additional in ur CRS score)
-I will advise you take the Ielts and do ur WES first, afterwich u create an express entry profile and enter d pool. You can always update ur profile with ur TEF result wen it is out.

Fortunately they do the french draw on a reg, and u both qualify, coupled with d fact dat u stand a higher chance too with the general draw.

I wish you guys all d luck u can get.

She holds a B.ed and will be 30 in May.
The sister is my immediate
I hold the MSc.
I have converted my result with University of Ontario (as it was cheaper)
Should she still be the main applicant?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 10:19am On Apr 01
Pablo9090:

Sorry to bother you , please what is PPR?

Passport Request
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by SeunnlaA: 12:11pm On Apr 01
If you're gunning for the French category, she should be the main applicant.
Check the CRS tool to know your possible points. You can see whose points will be higher as main applicants. It may be yours. But, her points may still be high enough for French category, which will definitely be fastest. I explained this in a previous quote.

Also, is 'conversion with University of Ontario' acceptable as ECA for Canada? If not, it won't be useful.

bharkarh:

She holds a B.ed and will be 30 in May.
The sister is my immediate
I hold the MSc.
I have converted my result with University of Ontario (as it was cheaper)
Should she still be the main applicant?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Lastbornbuns: 2:42pm On Apr 01
79733139:

The results come out after one week. They send it to your email, so after one week of taking the exams, start checking your inbox and spam mail.
Hi, is it for the paper based tef or e-tef?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 4:36pm On Apr 01
SA24:
Please kindly share with me sir

Check the screenshots that I attached to this comment.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 4:38pm On Apr 01
Lastbornbuns:

Hi, is it for the paper based tef or e-tef?

E-TEF. I don't know if AF still offers paper based option. It is always computer-based.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by mbapelvis: 5:13pm On Apr 01
SeunnlaA:
If you're gunning for the French category, she should be the main applicant.
Check the CRS tool to know your possible points. You can see whose points will be higher as main applicants. It may be yours. But, her points may still be high enough for French category, which will definitely be fastest. I explained this in a previous quote.

Also, is 'conversion with University of Ontario' acceptable as ECA for Canada? If not, it won't be useful.

Please will tef add my points if I apply on EE and use French as my second language?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by NuCypher: 8:11pm On Apr 01
bharkarh:
thank bro. Can you help with the link to the express entry thread? I don’t mind starting from pg1. Thanks
This is where you start: https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 10:02pm On Apr 01
mbapelvis:

Please will tef add my points if I apply on EE and use French as my second language?

Definitely... Play around with the CRS Calculator... You can even use french as your first language if you're yet to do your English, who knows, there might be a french draw.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DerFuhrer: 11:46pm On Apr 01
aurorae1:

Definitely... Play around with the CRS Calculator... You can even use french as your first language if you're yet to do your English, who knows, there might be a french draw.

Please just to confirm, to qualify in the French proficiency category, must I use French as my first language? Or I can enter English as my first language and still qualify in the French category by virtue of my TEF result?

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.