Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (461855 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aestake: 4:19pm On May 01
SA24:
Good morning all

Please is TCF only writing written in portharcourt ?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by deyplay: 5:43pm On May 01
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by deyplay: 5:44pm On May 01
[quote author=aestake post=129732192][/quote]

TEF,TCF, DELF and DALF are all written there
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Cooljavs: 3:22am On May 02
Hello everyone. I’m preparing to take tef soon and I have a few questions about the grading system especially the comprehension segment (orale et ecrite). I understand there are 40 questions in both cases. Can anyone explain how the scores are gotten over 300 for ecrite and 360 for orale, and over 699 eventually.

In CO for example, is it simply score/40 x 360 to get the score over 360 and that score is then taken over 360 x 699 to get the score over 699? I think this is the logical way, however, this math doesn’t add up in some of the results I have seen.

Hoping to get clarification. Thanks guys.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by pabu(m): 5:20am On May 02
Please is anyone coming to Vancouver or any part of Canada from Abuja. Kindly contact me it's very important

Patrickugwupabu@gmail.com
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by koreanlord: 5:46am On May 02
Hello guys

Please who knows a shipping company that can help bring my laptop and other gadgets from nigeria to canada?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by deyplay: 4:37pm On May 02
SA24:
Good morning all

Please is TCF only writing in portharcourt ?

Also in Lagos
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Cousin9999: 6:28pm On May 02
Another good resource for studying French is Pimsleur. I don't know about the other resources within it. I'm only talking about utilizing it for pronunciation and improving speaking.

You can subscribe to audio classes on the website for 15 USD/month. They have five levels for each language. And it's an excellent thing to combine with your other resources. If you look around, you can probably find the audio free elsewhere, but I don't have any links for you.

Here's an official link for the single-language, audio-only course: https://www.pimsleur.com/learn-french/subscription-audio/

It's basically 30 minutes of audio, and I think 30 recordings in each level (five levels total).

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Theflint1(m): 3:19pm On May 05
Saw this post on Reddit on difference between TEF and TCF, thought to share.

For those of you who want to gain those additional juicy 50 points for French language skills, I would like to share my experience with you as I went through this journey recently. Often people wonder whether they should go for TEF Canada or TCF Canada. Since I went through both exams, I think I can offer my opinion. Obviously if you’re weak in French, then both exams will be difficult for you but I would like to give my opinion nonetheless. Let’s start with my overall perception of two exams.

I did TEF Canada and then TCF Canada. In general, I found that TEF was much more difficult for reading and writing whereas TCF Canada can be difficult for those who are weak in listening. In my TEF exam I got a B1 in writing C1 in speaking, C1 in listening and inferior B2 in reading. This implied that since I got an inferior B2 and B1, I would not get additional 50 points for FSW.

Then I looked at the methodology of TCF and I found that it is a tiny bit similar to DELF. In fact, it is organized by the same company that conducts DELF examinations. Therefore, if you’re someone who learned French the traditional way (doing DELF and then preparing for your immigration exams), you will find that TCF Canada might be a little bit more suited to you since there is lot of focus on the methodology. Also, one very important thing: TCF Canada does not have a B2 inferior. This means that if you get a B2 in TCF Canada, let’s say for example by scoring 10/20, you will still get your 50 points. Whereas in TEF there is a B2 inferior (0 points) and then B2 superior (50 points).

Now let’s look at the individual parts of the two tests:

Writing part

I find that the writing part for TEF was particularly hard. In the first task, you’re supposed to write a “fait divers”, and for those of you who do not know- a fait divers is a type of story that often appears in the newspapers in France- they’re supposed to be a bit controversial and at times provocative. This task requires a certain level of creativity and a good level of vocabulary at the same time. I found it particularly hard because I was not able to properly translate my ideas into French. The second part is a formal letter (often to an editor of a magazine). This task is much easier and if you learn the methodology then you can write a good letter.

In my case I think I messed up big time in the first part and hence my grade was only a B1.

In TCF, you have three different tasks. One short letter, one blog post or a slightly longer letter and then for the third task, you have to make a resume of two documents and express your point of view on it. Even though it might sound a bit complicated, I personally believe that it is a bit easier because they’re not asking you to do something very different or out of your comfort range. Therefore, if you practice then you should be able to get a B2 level.

Speaking

In TEF, the speaking part is slightly easy, you only have two tasks. You have to do a roleplay in both of the tasks and if you can have a conversation in French, then you can easily get a B2.

In TCF, you have three tasks and the first task is ALWAYS the same. It’s basically presenting yourself. So, if you can prepare yourself in advance for that task, you can start off really well. The second task is a roleplay and unlike TEF, you get 2 minutes to prepare for the roleplay so you can quickly jot down all the questions that you may ask. The third task is a bit complicated because you have to speak on a subject or a statement for more than 4 minutes WITHOUT any preparations. However, if you do well in your first two tasks and mess up a bit in the third one, you’d still get your B2.

Listening

There is not much difference in the two exams. In this one, I would say TEF is slightly easier because they allow you to read the questions for a bit before the recordings start. In TCF, they just line up one after another with almost no time to read the multiple-choice answers. Although if you are someone who watches French movies and Netflix Series and practices, you should be fine.

Reading

This is where TCF Canada is clearly and undeniably easier than TEF Canada. First of all, you have 39 questions in 60 minutes. In TEF you have 50 questions in 60 minutes. One of the main reasons I personally performed so poorly in this section when I did TEF was the time limit.

In TEF, the first 10-15 questions are relatively easy and then the difficulty immediately increases where you have extremely long and very complicated articles from French literature. Once you get through those, then it becomes easy again. So basically, the first 10-20 questions are easy, the next 20-35 questions are extremely hard and long and then the last 15 questions become easy again.

I was scratching my head thinking who was the person responsible for creating this part of the TEF Canada. Overall, it is a massive time game and to finish all questions on time, you will have to rush through the easy questions like crazy.

In TCF, the questions get progressively difficult and yet I found that although they did become quite hard towards the end, they were not quite as challenging as the questions in TEF. Not to mention that I still had 15 minutes left after I completed all the questions and I was able to revise some other difficult questions in my spare time.

Conclusion

Obviously, everyone has an opinion but for me personally- I found that TCF Canada was much more practical and if I may say- easier. In TCF Canada, I scored a C1 in listening and reading and B2 in writing and speaking. After I finished TEF and got an unsatisfactory score, I was quite worried that I will potentially need to spend many more months to get a decent score to get over the reading and the writing hurdle.

However, when I got to know more about TCF Canada, I felt that it was something doable with my current level and although I did practice to hone up my skills, I did not feel like it was a massive challenge. For your information, I’ve been learning French in the last 3 years.

At the end, I must say that TCF Canada does not get a lot of publicity and there were less resources available online to prepare for it. However, for myself, I found clear advantages in regards to TCF Canada over TEF Canada.

Disclaimer: your opinion may be completely different and I respect that.

I wrote this article post because even though I often see some questions here and there on this form about this subject, there is rarely ever a through perspective on the two exams. As someone who went through both exams, I feel like I am qualified to opine on the advantages and the problems that one may face. Obviously, I hope that you will do your own research and due diligence before reserving any exams but if my post can give you some insights then I’d be happy.

Please feel free to like and share this post with your friends if you found it helpful! Good luck getting your bonus points!

7 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Cousin9999: 10:59pm On May 05
I don't want to post the link here because the material could get taken down.

But I do want to let you know that Pimsleur French (audio lessons), all five levels, are available free. And it's not hard to find.

Definitely use them. If you already have significant exposure to the language, you'll get more out of them faster. But they're very valuable for beginners too because French is kind of quirky.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Bilingualism: 10:07pm On May 06
If you're looking to learn French, I highly recommend a proficient teacher I know. He's a native speaker and experienced in teaching both French and Spanish. Despite my not utilizing his services personally due to being a native speaker myself, my friend began from scratch with him and now speaks fluently, even passing her TEF exam. Should anyone be interested, feel free to reach out to him at Zéro, Nine Zéro. One Six, Eight ,Six ,nine, four Three Eight
His name is Marius, and I can vouch for his excellence.
You can read about me and see that I cannot be advertising for no one.
But I feel someone needs him. The exam is expensive right now and one would not want to spend that huge sum and have a retake.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shadow12345: 3:51pm On May 07
Hi guys,

It would be criminal of me not to give back to a thread which has helped me so much in meeting my goals with regards to french for express entry.

There are monikers who have been and remain so helpful in this thread. My shout out goes out to you all. I don't want to @ because the list goes on. But thank you .

I've been a silent but vivid reader of this thread since July 2023.. I decided to give TEF a go in September.. My result were fine (C2, B2+, B2+, B2-)but I missed out on CLB 7 by 8 marks in EO category with a 442. It was heartbreaking.
Not wanting to wallow in my almost-situation, I went in again in November.. others were perfect(C2, C1, C1) except EO.. again!!! Funnily enough with the same score 442.. I didn't even know how I was feeling(there's an unexplainable weakness, for those who can relate). ..just 8 marks again. It felt like a joke. I tried to appeal but you can imagine the response.
At some point, you'd feel like giving up, especially in some peculiar situations. But I had a goal and it had to be accomplished as long as I had the resources necessary.
I finally re-strategized and decided to consider TCF (at this point, it felt like TEF was after my life).
I sat for TCF in April, the result came out within the same month and they were what I needed some CLB 9s and 8s. I have attached photos of my results also

In summary, where there's a will there's a way. I hate to sound like a motivational speaker lol but please, once you've committed to this journey, just keep persevering.. your breakthrough is always a step away. And please don't be shy to share your struggles and victories with others here. Freely we have received from our predecessors in this group (in terms of valuable and priceless info), freely should we also give in return.
Goodluck to all those in preparation right now, feel free to ask for directions when needed. We are here to help.
Merci!

12 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 5:02pm On May 07
shadow12345:
Hi guys,

It would be criminal of me not to give back to a thread which has helped me so much in meeting my goals with regards to french for express entry.

There are monikers who have been and remain so helpful in this thread. My shout out goes out to you all. I don't want to @ because the list goes on. But thank you .

I've been a silent but vivid reader of this thread since July 2023.. I decided to give TEF a go in September.. My result were fine (C2, B2+, B2+, B2-)but I missed out on CLB 7 by 8 marks in EO category with a 442. It was heartbreaking.
Not wanting to wallow in my almost-situation, I went in again in November.. others were perfect(C2, C1, C1) except EO.. again!!! Funnily enough with the same score 442.. I didn't even know how I was feeling(there's an unexplainable weakness, for those who can relate). ..just 8 marks again. It felt like a joke. I tried to appeal but you can imagine the response.
At some point, you'd feel like giving up, especially in some peculiar situations. But I had a goal and it had to be accomplished as long as I had the resources necessary.
I finally re-strategized and decided to consider TCF (at this point, it felt like TEF was after my life).
I sat for TCF in April, the result came out within the same month and they were what I needed some CLB 9s and 8s. I have attached photos of my results also

In summary, where there's a will there's a way. I hate to sound like a motivational speaker lol but please, once you've committed to this journey, just keep persevering.. your breakthrough is always a step away. And please don't be shy to share your struggles and victories with others here. Freely we have received from our predecessors in this group (in terms of valuable and priceless info), freely should we also give in return.
Goodluck to all those in preparation right now, feel free to ask for directions when needed. We are here to help.
Merci!

Not TEF after your life! grin
Félicitations !!
Good on you for coming back to share. It's encouraging. This thread is gold.
Next draw, ITA is yours!!!

5 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 8:42pm On May 07
Félicitations 🎉

Really commend your dedication and drive and I’m interested in learning more about the resources you used to get these results, thanks

shadow12345:
Hi guys,

Merci!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 9:21pm On May 07
shadow12345:
Hi guys,

Yeah man... so this is your moniker Sheddy?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shadow12345: 6:25am On May 08
aurorae1:

Not TEF after your life! grin
Félicitations !!
Good on you for coming back to share. It's encouraging. This thread is gold.
Next draw, ITA is yours!!!

Merci beaucoup grin
It felt personal at some point lol mais comme on dit en francais : tout est bien qui finit bien!
Amen to the ITA prayer !!! I hope your process is gaining good traction mademoiselle.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shadow12345: 8:13am On May 08
Dauphine:
Félicitations 🎉

Really commend your dedication and drive and I’m interested in learning more about the resources you used to get these results, thanks

Thank you Dauphine 🐬

I'll divide this into two sections.. First will be general french.. and second will be exam specific french

So personally I picked up french naturally. I was opportune to work with some french citizens within Nigeria for an extended period of time , that helped me develop the interest.. and with passion, nothing is impossible.

Probably funny but a very tangible factor for me is that I have quite a number of french girlfriends. Some I met online with language exchange platforms like Hello talk ( majorly during the pandemic, we were all idle grin), others I met physically . The unique positive of this was the fact that they liked to speak and always had gists, so it was my duty to listen lol. Unconsciously, this made comprehension a quick strength for me as understanding the funny gists became a necessity for me and not a choice grin. In addition to this, radio channels such as RFI, France culture, France Inter became a daily stuff for me because I actually found some of the programs interesting (one of the qualities of listening to the radio is that they speak very very fast, so it becomes beneficial to you because once you get familiar with the rhythm, it feels like a good number of regular people speak in slow-mo. The ability to express myself whether in speaking or writing also improved with time.

At this point I didn't even know anything about Express Entry or the important role french would later play.. I was playing with french just for me, just because I found it interesting.. so this was a solid advantage for me when I finally discovered express entry.

I realise that most people don't have the time luxury to do all that so I'll go straight to the point as it concerns preparations to sit the examinations

For my first attempt at TEF.. It was literally on vibes and inshallah, I just registered and tried to prepare generally.. I reached out to Tayo here two/three days to the examination to get some exam tips and know what to expect in terms of the how the sections would play out . He was very helpful and even gave me the two 'Matthieu books'.. it was kind of too late for me as I had no time to even study them.. I just breezed through lol.. Exam day was good, not perfect but good enough.

Second attempt, I was well informed and prepared.. In hind sight, this is the one of the most important element of this examination.. preparation and mastering of the format.. No one cares if you've been speaking French for ten years or 5 months (PS: I know a senegalese who couldn't even get the B2 required... And he speaks fluently as imagined). The important thing to note here is that it's an examination, especially for the expressions, there's a marking format and structure, there are dos and don'ts .. there are things that add to your marks irrespective of how funny you sound in french, there are things that will take away from your marks even if you are a native fluent speaker.

I found a lot of materials :
CE... the 100 long texts and the new additions (80 percent of the long texts on the exam day for CE came from this ). YouTube clips also

CO.. the YouTube clips were very useful .. some questions came out from those long conversations that are repeated twice

EE.. I got a summary list with lot of topics from past questions (for both the fait divers and the letter).. so I indulged.. I also mastered dialectic writing as called by Gracious words.. the Frenchies really like that thing lol (if you are able to execute it properly and produce a general good letter, a C1 is guaranteed). I practised all the topics I saw on the summary list, then I impute it in Chat GPT to grade me and correct me (no-one corrects better than Chat GPT, it basically even rewrites it for you in your own idea, so you can steal new words and phrases and paragraphs for yourself) . Chat GPT also helps with structuring.
At the end of the day, the two EE topics (fait divers and letter) on my exam day came from the summary list I got.. as I had already written them before, I didn't even have to think on the exam day.. it was just flowing grin grin grin.. The C2 I got is a testament to how easy I found the exam on that day.
PS: it helps to also convert your keypads to the french AZERTY.. imputing accents manually by clicking is a major time waster in this exam.. it was the culprit in me not finishing my EE during my first sitting.. So I wasn't going to let that affect me again.
I asked for an AZERTY keyboard during my examination and it made the difference for me in terms of time and putting the required accents (you need all the advantage you can get while writing this exam)

EO.. I also saw a summary list of topics (for section A and section B) from past questions.. problem is that I didn't practise that enough.. as both questions I saw on the exam day were questions I had already seen in the list.. so this was absolutely an oversight from me.

For my most recent examination, TCF.. Thelma and Aurorae have already treated the savoir-faire as regards to this.. There's a golden site for preparation.. the longer you practise there, the higher your odds of success.

J'espère que cela vous aiderait.

6 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shadow12345: 8:17am On May 08
79733139:

Yeah man... so this is your moniker Sheddy?

Tu m'as démasqué cry. I've lost my invisibility cloak lol.

Thanks for your assistance always Tayo .. Big shout out to you bro

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Theflint1(m): 10:08am On May 08
shadow12345:

Thank you Dauphine 🐬

I'll divide this into two sections.. First will be general french.. and second will be exam specific french

So personally I picked up french naturally. I was opportune to work with some french citizens within Nigeria for an extended period of time , that helped me develop the interest.. and with passion, nothing is impossible.

Probably funny but a very tangible factor for me is that I have quite a number of french girlfriends. Some I met online with language exchange platforms like Hello talk ( majorly during the pandemic, we were all idle grin), others I met physically . The unique positive of this was the fact that they liked to speak and always had gists, so it was my duty to listen lol. Unconsciously, this made comprehension a quick strength for me as understanding the funny gists became a necessity for me and not a choice grin. In addition to this, radio channels such as RFI, France culture, France Inter became a daily stuff for me because I actually found some of the programs interesting (one of the qualities of listening to the radio is that they speak very very fast, so it becomes beneficial to you because once you get familiar with the rhythm, it feels like a good number of regular people speak in slow-mo. The ability to express myself whether in speaking or writing also improved with time.

At this point I didn't even know anything about Express Entry or the important role french would later play.. I was playing with french just for me, just because I found it interesting.. so this was a solid advantage for me when I finally discovered express entry.

I realise that most people don't have the time luxury to do all that so I'll go straight to the point as it concerns preparations to sit the examinations

For my first attempt at TEF.. It was literally on vibes and inshallah, I just registered and tried to prepare generally.. I reached out to Tayo here two/three days to the examination to get some exam tips and know what to expect in terms of the how the sections would play out . He was very helpful and even gave me the two 'Matthieu books'.. it was kind of too late for me as I had no time to even study them.. I just breezed through lol.. Exam day was good, not perfect but good enough.

Second attempt, I was well informed and prepared.. In hind sight, this is the one of the most important element of this examination.. preparation and mastering of the format.. No one cares if you've been speaking French for ten years or 5 months (PS: I know a senegalese who couldn't even get the B2 required... And he speaks fluently as imagined). The important thing to note here is that it's an examination, especially for the expressions, there's a marking format and structure, there are dos and don'ts .. there are things that add to your marks irrespective of how funny you sound in french, there are things that will take away from your marks even if you are a native fluent speaker.

CE... the 100 long texts and the new additions (80 percent of the long texts on the exam day for CE came from this ). YouTube clips also

CO.. the YouTube clips were very useful .. some questions came out from those long conversations that are repeated twice

EE.. I got a summary list with lot of topics from past questions (for both the fait divers and the letter).. so I indulged.. I also mastered dialectic writing as called by Gracious words.. the Frenchies really like that thing lol (if you are able to execute it properly and produce a general good letter, a C1 is guaranteed). I practised all the topics I saw on the summary list, then I impute it in Chat GPT to grade me and correct me (no-one corrects better than Chat GPT, it basically even rewrites it for you in your own idea, so you can steal new words and phrases and paragraphs for yourself) . Chat GPT also helps with structuring.
At the end of the day, the two EE topics (fait divers and letter) on my exam day came from the summary list I got.. as I had already written them before, I didn't even have to think on the exam day.. it was just flowing grin grin grin.. The C2 I got is a testament to how easy I found the exam on that day.
PS: it helps to also convert your keypads to the french AZERTY.. imputing accents manually by clicking is a major time waster in this exam.. it was the culprit in me not finishing my EE during my first sitting.. So I wasn't going to let that affect me again.
I asked for an AZERTY keyboard during my examination and it made the difference for me in terms of time and putting the required accents (you need all the advantage you can get while writing this exam)

EO.. I also saw a summary list of topics (for section A and section B) from past questions.. problem is that I didn't practise that enough.. as both questions I saw on the exam day were questions I had already seen in the list.. so this was absolutely an oversight from me.

For my most recent examination, TCF.. Thelma and Aurorae have already treated the savoir-faire as regards to this.. There's a golden site for preparation.. the longer you practise there, the higher your odds of success.

Hello, congratulations on your score, very impressive. Preparing for the TCF and trying to get materials ahead of it...please can you provide information on some of the materials you used in preparation, and maybe where I can get them from?

1. The 100 long texts for your CE...what's the full name of the book/material?

2. What YouTube clips did you use to prepare for the CO?

3. The summary list of topics for EE, where can I download it?

4. The summary list of topics for EO, where can I download it?

5. The "golden site" for preparation, please can you help with the website's name?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 10:21am On May 08
shadow12345:

Thank you Dauphine 🐬

Oui monsieur shadow ☺️
Merci pour votre réponse et bonne chance pour la prochaine étape du EE 🙏🏾
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 10:24am On May 08
Theflint1:
Hello, congratulations on your score, very impressive. Preparing for the TCF and trying to get materials ahead of it...please can you provide information on some of the materials you used in preparation, and maybe where I can get them from?

1. The 100 long texts for your CE...what's the full name of the book/material?

2. What YouTube clips did you use to prepare for the CO?

3. The summary list of topics for EE, where can I download it?

4. The summary list of topics for EO, where can I download it?

5. The "golden site" for preparation, please can you help with the website's name?

Hi, I think I can assist. For your questions 1-4 they primarily concern TEF exams. As you stated that you’re preparing for TCF you may not need them

The site is, formation (dash) TCFcanada (dot) com
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Theflint1(m): 10:35am On May 08
Dauphine:

Hi, I think I can assist. For your questions 1-4 they primarily concern TEF exams. As you stated that you’re preparing for TCF you may not need them

Thank you very much, seems I already had the site bookmarked for subscription when my preparations are more advanced. So the site can serve as like a credible alternative to past questions for the TCF exams yea?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by kevoh(m): 12:55pm On May 08
Dauphine:

I am preparing for the TEF. Could you be kind enough to assist with the resource/link for questions 1 - 4 as I will need them. I's appreciate this. Thanks a lot in advance.

cc: shadow12345
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by kevoh(m): 1:02pm On May 08
shadow12345:

Congratulations on your score! Please can you point me to the materials/Youtube videos that you used on your second attempt at TEF. I would really appreciate your help in this. Thanks in advance.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine: 2:57pm On May 08
kevoh:

I am preparing for the TEF. Could you be kind enough to assist with the resource/link for questions 1 - 4 as I will need them. I's appreciate this. Thanks a lot in advance.

cc: shadow12

Please go through the thread, previous posts have mentioned the resources ad nuseam especially posts from njbybrth.nly. Additionally this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q1Tks5RoSUdGJS4bRdIwXaRiADnw1jeU/view should be helpful
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by kevoh(m): 3:10pm On May 08
Dauphine:

Please go through the thread, previous posts have mentioned the resources ad nuseam especially posts from njbybrth.nly. Additionally this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q1Tks5RoSUdGJS4bRdIwXaRiADnw1jeU/view should be helpful
Thanks a lot. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by SA24: 9:40pm On May 08
If you are looking for a French tutor you can reach out to MR JULIUS on (+234 901 686 9438) I got his number from Mrs Bizang and I can tell that he is a good tutor with just few month with him.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 10:26pm On May 09
After completing a grammar text book, "Schaum's outlines: French Vocabulary" can help you in building your written vocabulary. It is easy to get a free PDF download online.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by suzzyrims: 6:36pm On May 14
Good evening people. I am on B1 level and I wish to write tcf in the next two months. Kindly suggest any tutor that is budget friendly and can take me on exam preparations for the next two months
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by PurpleHibiscus7: 2:14am On May 15
Bonjour a tous,
I know it’s been a while I was here and I’m sorry to those I didn’t get to reply on here. It has been a ride gathering documents and all.

I just wanted to let everyone know that my process is now complete thanks to TEF. My story is somewhere in the thread so I won’t go back but I will say that this is one year after I joined here and as of yesterday, I became a permanent resident of Canada. I came to encourage anyone who’s looking at the road ahead as ‘looong’. One day at a time and it will all make sense (the frustrations, the pain, the financial strain…) I sometimes wonder to myself that if I gave up a year ago, I’d still be where I was a year ago. I know the French category scores are going up but compared to the general draws?

It is worth the wait. I submitted my EE application February 3rd and did my landing yesterday. Now, I qualify for free 1 year french courses and can apply for jobs as ‘bilingual’. So whether TEF or TCF, keep learning and please don’t give up. The benefits are huge. God bless everyone here. For the times I needed help, you guys came through. I wish you all success and speedy ppr ahead. Thank you to all the OGs that keep this platform alive. May you always find help when needed. Have a blessed night all.

Shalom.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by PurpleHibiscus7: 2:16am On May 15
suzzyrims:
Good evening people. I am on B1 level and I wish to write tcf in the next two months. Kindly suggest any tutor that is budget friendly and can take me on exam preparations for the next two months

Go through the thread carefully, you will see multiple recommendations. Goodluck.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by demolagilbert: 10:15am On May 15
I know this is a TEF thread, but IELTS and TEF go hand-in-hand as far as this journey is concerned, so I enjoin you to hop on the trend.

So, I created a petition that seeks to end the rip-off IELTS keeps perpetrating with the 2-year validity of their test results, particularly for high scorers who scored btw Band 8-9. Surely, someone who got a band 9 shouldn't, wouldn't, couldn't have lost the skill that earned him/her a band 9 after 2 years.

Pls join the petition and let's make this change happen. Share across all platforms, as millions stand to benefit, and if successful we can replicate this with TCF/TEF results as well.

Lifetime validity of test results!

https://www.change.org/LifetimeValidity4IELTSresults

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.