Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (456096 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Worldtaker: 11:51am On May 11, 2020
Goodnigga:
Going better Egbon. I have started hitting targets consistently, I believe soon, Monsieur will give a go ahead to go and write. I can't wait.
Du courage ! Anytime he tells you, is the time. That's the time. I passed through the same process. If you get tired/discouraged or think I can continue myself, let me just continue on my own and go and write, you may be surprised at what you will see. But I'm 100% sure , with your dedication and by following instructions, you'll come out in flying colours.

Peace!!!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 4:23pm On May 11, 2020
Lol. Full cruise.

Starting a free mentorship program soon for persons starting French from scratch and need some help or need help generally with the exam.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Chriswazo(m): 8:54pm On May 11, 2020
My brothers I need your help and advice please

So I have concluded to start the French learning, I am looking at writing the TEF Canada exam early next year.

Since am not in Nigeria, I have made an online search and with the recommendation of my Morocco friend, I want to apply for institute of Francaise here in Berlin to start their intensive class lectures scheduled for June. The spaces remaining is just for 3 persons now I checked.

My concern is the price and if this goal is very realistic considering am new to the language and will be starting from A1.1. The price for the class lecture is 315€ which is about 130k, that means a complete A1 will be about 260k. I have interest in class organisation since am just starting off. By the time I would have learnt til B2, it will be 1m plus. My major concern is if this is achievable. Language is not easy, only the German language I did, I know how e be for me.

Guys please advise me on how to go about this, possibly to cut costs and meet my target. Any suggestions for other alternatives will be welcome as this Institute of Francaise Is not specifically structured for TEF exams writing.

I can also boast of a lot of contact here that are native French that I will be meeting for more assistance like my Morocco guy.

Please is the price not too much? What other suggestions guys abeg will u give me? I have procastinated this too much and just had my birthday last Monday, so e dawned on me am already getting old and late.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Goodnigga: 10:19pm On May 11, 2020
Worldtaker:
Du courage ! Anytime he tells you, is the time. That's the time. I passed through the same process. If you get tired/discouraged or think I can continue myself, let me just continue on my own and go and write, you may be surprised at what you will see. But I'm 100% sure , with your dedication and by following instructions, you'll come out in flying colours.

Peace!!!
Amen Boss.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Goodnigga: 10:20pm On May 11, 2020
Fabguen:
Lol. Full cruise.

I'm starting a free mentorship program soon.

If you're starting French from scratch and need some help or need help generally with the exam,

Send an expression of interest to:
thefrenchchase@gmail.com

@Revman @olalekan9320

Uncle Fabguen. Wetin dey sup?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 10:22pm On May 11, 2020
Chriswazo:

So I have concluded to start the French learning.

Sir, I hear 2 concerns. 1 is : Can I realistically take the TEF exam early next year starting prep from June? Well, Yes. at least 2 people here have passed the TEF learning from scratch in 6 months.

2. Can I subsidize my learning approach? Yes. I'm personally biased towards self-study. However I recommend a blended approach. Start using self study resources (especially Michel Thomas and Frenchpod), practice (structured) with your French friends..and then register for a higher level class (B1/B2) later. You need to be disciplined however. Find a schedule and stick to it. If this is difficult, I strongly recommend the class you're wary of paying for (see it as motivation price I.e...you can't afford to lose it).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 10:32pm On May 11, 2020
Fabguen:
Lol. Full cruise.

I'm starting a free mentorship program soon.

If you're starting French from scratch and need some help or need help generally with the exam,

Send an expression of interest to:
thefrenchchase@gmail.com

@Revman @olalekan9320

Putting it out there that initiative is not a direct substitute for French classes and tutors. See it as an additional layer of support.

We will be collaborating with people who have been successful with the TEF and who are available to provide mentoring/coaching at zero cost.

The key objective is to provide guidance, point you in the right direction, and to help you help you.

Pleased to announce that our very own veteran and President, @Mamaroon will be part of the squad.

A few words, Madame la Presidente...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 10:33pm On May 11, 2020
Goodnigga:
Uncle Fabguen. Wetin dey sup?

Greetings, your majesty!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 11, 2020
Fabguen:

Putting it out there that initiative is not a direct substitute for French classes and tutors. See it as an additional layer of support.

We will be collaborating with people who have been successful with the TEF and who are available to provide mentoring/coaching at zero cost.

The key objective is to provide guidance, point you in the right direction, and to help you help you.

So major caveat...we are NOT replacing any language school (online or physical)....we urge you to absolutely continue with those.

We are just people who have travelled this road and have come out on the other side victorious; we have done so with the gracious help of others like Etrange, Danmisla & Njbybrthnly, and we're just looking to play it forward.

Of course, we are all still here to respond on NL as well, so please feel free to shout for help on here. I can't think of any resource that was useful to me that hasn't already been shared here on the TEF thread.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 12:02am On May 12, 2020
Chriswazo:

So I have concluded to start the French learning, I am looking at writing the TEF Canada exam early next year.

Since am not in Nigeria, I have made an online search and with the recommendation of my Morocco friend, I want to apply for institute of Francaise here in Berlin to start their intensive class lectures scheduled for June. The spaces remaining is just for 3 persons now I checked.

My concern is the price and if this goal is very realistic considering am new to the language and will be starting from A1.1. The price for the class lecture is 315€ which is about 130k, that means a complete A1 will be about 260k. I have interest in class organisation since am just starting off. By the time I would have learnt til B2, it will be 1m plus. My major concern is if this is achievable. Language is not easy, only the German language I did, I know how e be for me.

Guys please advise me on how to go about this, possibly to cut costs and meet my target. Any suggestions for other alternatives will be welcome as this Institute of Francaise Is not specifically structured for TEF exams writing.

I can also boast of a lot of contact here that are native French that I will be meeting for more assistance like my Morocco guy.

Please is the price not too much? What other suggestions guys abeg will u give me? I have procastinated this too much and just had my birthday last Monday, so e dawned on me am already getting old and late.

Truth is anything worth doing well will probably cost you. In time, in resources AND money!!!

It seems very expensive but I would advise you to start with the initial set of classes and see how it goes. You may decide after A1 that you are confident (and disciplined) enough for self study. Also explore getting a tutor, they must abound in Cotonou, surely!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Chriswazo(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2020
Fabguen:

Sir, I hear 2 concerns. 1 is : Can I realistically take the TEF exam early next year starting prep from June? Well, Yes. at least 2 people here have passed the TEF learning from scratch in 6 months.

2. Can I subsidize my learning approach? Yes. I'm personally biased towards self-study. However I recommend a blended approach. Start using self study resources (especially Michel Thomas and Frenchpod), practice (structured) with your French friends..and then register for a higher level class (B1/B2) later. You need to be disciplined however. Find a schedule and stick to it. If this is difficult, I strongly recommend the class you're wary of paying for (see it as motivation price I.e...you can't afford to lose it).

Thank you my brother, you answered it all, I appreciate. I will stick to your advise to find a way of cutting cost. I will do some self study, write the level language exam to be sure I got it all. Thank you.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Chriswazo(m): 7:00pm On May 12, 2020
Mamaroon:

Truth is anything worth doing well will probably cost you. In time, in resources AND money!!!

It seems very expensive but I would advise you to start with the initial set of classes and see how it goes. You may decide after A1 that you are confident (and disciplined) enough for self study. Also explore getting a tutor, they must abound in Cotonou, surely!

Yes brother. I am willing to burn this bridge. I have reached out my Sec. School teacher, we will finalize and I know if he can coach me too. I don't know how to get the Cotonou tutors, if u have any reliable one there, u can show me. Thanks for commenting.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Chriswazo(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2020
Guys am looking at textbooks and materials to buy now, have gotten this recommended study material one from the Institute for Francaise.

Textbook: Cosmopolite 1 - A1 - course book with DVD [978-3-19-003386-7]

Please suggest other ones to start off from for basics.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Yinkaexpress: 9:18pm On May 12, 2020
Mamaroon:

So major caveat...we are NOT replacing any language school (online or physical)....we urge you to absolutely continue with those.

We are just people who have travelled this road and have come out on the other side victorious; we have done so with the gracious help of others like Etrange, Danmisla & Njbybrthnly, and we're just looking to play it forward and GINGERING peeps!

Of course, we are all still here to respond on NL as well, so please feel free to shout for help on here. I can't think of any resource that was useful to me that hasn't already been shared here on the TEF thread.

BTW Ayandee's on board too......oya sis, inspire us biko!

Awesome, would like to be onboard as a new learner.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:26am On May 13, 2020
Fabguen, Mamaroon, Ayandee (and anyone else who is involved that I don't know), God bless you guys for this thoughtfulness. I really appreciate you for putting this together to help we the beginners. May you all never lack helpers in your time of need.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 9:18am On May 13, 2020
Thank you all for your interest in the upcoming mentorship program. Sadly, we cannot afford to take on any more EOIs.

Nonetheless, as always, we will be here on the thread to take all of your questions and provide you with support as much as is possible.

If you would like to volunteer to mentor someone, do let any of us know (mamaroon, ayandee).

Bon courage!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Sejouraucanny: 7:25pm On May 13, 2020
I like the act of service going on here. I want to also contribute hence anyone looking to learn french but living within AJAH environs can reach out to me ,i can help with FREE tutorials for A1 TO B2 STRICTLY TEF PREP weekends only!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ebuncrown: 12:16am On May 14, 2020
demmy79:
If you are interested in French tutorial .kindly WhatsApp me on 08186177259

Is it online or physical classes?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ebuncrown: 12:19am On May 14, 2020
Sejouraucanny:
I like the act of service going on here. I want to also contribute hence anyone looking to learn french but living within AJAH environs can reach out to me ,i can help with FREE tutorials for A1 TO B2 STRICTLY TEF PREP weekends only!!!

I am interested. Your contact details please
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 5:39pm On May 14, 2020
Bonjour à tous.

Je m'appelle étrange.

La collaboration et l'interdépendance ici sont vraiment époustouflantes et j'encourage tout le monde à continuer dans cette direction.

I've noticed a couple of off-thread/offline language learning assistance strategies. That's very commendable and I challenge everyone to take advantage of this as much as possible. However, in a bid to keep our thread alive, I also encourage us to bring the results of whatever we learned outside to this place so we can get more insight, share knowledge and have fun while at it. Essays, questions on grammar and vocabulary, etc. can be shared here for contributions (it's been long I saw an essay here).

A couple of people contacted me and asked if they could send thier essays to me for review, I agreed but I didn't get any eventually. undecided

Shout out to everyone keeping the thread alive, Mamaroon, Fabguen, etc. You guys are helplessly passionate and we're here for it! cheesy

NB: Fabguen, you sent me a mail which I've responded to twice but you never got back to me cry

Good luck and best regards to everyone! wink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 14, 2020
etrange:
Bonjour à tous.

Je m'appelle étrange.

A couple of people contacted me and asked if they could send thier essays to me for review, I agreed but I didn't get any eventually. undecided

Chef !!!

It not easy to put one's essays out there grin Sometimes people are shy......

Guys...be brave....post your essays here, type it out and share the screenshot, if you think we will know who you are from your writing!!!! At least 2 people will respond giving you valuable insights into the areas that require improvement.

To give the thread more uuummmphhh, I suggest we share something new about the French language we have learnt recently, last week, last month. It may seem mundane, but it just might help someone else.

It can be a word, a concept, anything French.

I'll go first ...I learnt (from etrange) that there is always a space between the word and an exclamation mark. Try it in EE and blow the examiner away. grin

Voila !

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 14, 2020
cool
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 7:32pm On May 14, 2020
etrange:
[i]Bonjour à tous.

Je m'appelle étrange.

La collaboration et l'interdépendance ici sont vraiment époustouflantes...

NB: Fabguen, you sent me a mail which I've responded to twice but you never got back to me cry

Bosssss! chaiii...is you really be this?? good to have you branch visit us today! apologies forgot my moniker was linked to yahoo mail. Vex pas.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 7:35pm On May 14, 2020
Mamaroon:

To give the thread more uuummmphhh, I suggest we share something new about the French language we have learnt recently, last week, last month. It may seem mundane, but it just might help someone

Voila !

What comes to mind when you hear l'exercice...learnt it can mean financial year. �
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 10:39pm On May 14, 2020
Mamaroon:

To give the thread more uuummmphhh, I suggest we share something new about the French language we have learnt recently, last week, last month. It may seem mundane, but it just might help someone else.

I learned not too long ago that amour, orgue and délice are masculine when used in the singular form and feminine when used in the plural form. Is French not crazy like this? cheesy

I also learned a new word 'abracadabrantesque' which simply means 'exaggerated'. Thought it was a joke till I looked it up. Lol

NB: Did you say shy? Being shy and learning a foreign language is a terrible combination. If you're shy on a faceless forum, how can you then practice oral expression?

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 10:42pm On May 14, 2020
Fabguen:

Bosssss! chaiii...is you really be this?? good to have you branch visit us today! apologies forgot my moniker was linked to yahoo mail. Vex pas.

Patron, I greet you!

I've seen and responded to your mail.

Thanks for the good work!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Yinkaexpress: 2:53am On May 15, 2020
Fabguen:
Thank you all for your interest in the upcoming mentorship program. Sadly, we cannot afford to take on any more EOIs.

Nonetheless, as always, we will be here on the thread to take all of your questions and provide you with support as much as is possible.

If you would like to volunteer to mentor someone, do let any of us know (mamaroon, ayandee).

Bon courage!
. Bonjour chef, I miss seed the zoom session and I don't know if I can get the recorded version. Please help.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Yinkaexpress: 2:57am On May 15, 2020
Mamaroon:

Chef !!!

Guys...be brave....post your essays here, type it out and share the screenshot, if you think we will know who you are from your writing!!!! At least 2 people will respond giving you valuable insights into the areas that require improvement.

I'll go first ...I learnt (from etrange) that there is always a space between the word and an exclamation mark. Try it in EE and blow the examiner away. grin

Voila !

Bonjour tout, I have been learning through the online course of learnfrenchwithAlexa I don't know if anyone is using this medium also. Then I have a tutor that we have some seesions online through whatsapp but I wanna ask how to keep up with so much things to memorise such as verbs and nouns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Yinkaexpress: 3:03am On May 15, 2020
Mamaroon:

Chef !!!

Voila !

Bonjour tout, I have been learning through the online course of learnfrenchwithAlexa I don't know if anyone is using this medium also. Then I have a tutor that we have some seesions online through whatsapp but I wanna ask how to keep up with so much things to memorise such as verbs and nouns.
Fabguen:

What comes to mind when you hear l'exercice...learnt it can mean financial year. �

Just learnt that words like aimer can act as auxiliary verbs . E g J'aime a jouer au football
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 3:16am On May 15, 2020
etrange:

Patron, I greet you!

I've seen and responded to your mail.

Thanks for the good work!

Mercii!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (183) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.