Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend (18910 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / Update On Gombe Muslim Students That Murdered A Female Christian Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by simmy(m): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2007
Hmmmmmm, (shakes his head) and wonders why only muslims are allowed to have fundamentals who go around killing people who insult their religion.

Where are all the :
Xtian
Budhist
Sango
Jehovah Witness
Eckankar
Shinto
fundamentalist!!!!!!

Why dont they go around killing people??

The only logical conclusion is that there is something in Islam which promotes (or at best) seems to condone senseless killings and wanton violence

I have nothing against muslims o, i believe in religious freedom; but happenings like these make muslims a nuiscance to say the least. Who the hell is safe? What if my muslim fundamenatlist neighbour reads this blog and decides ive blasphemed then it means my life is in danger?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2007
belloti:

just like the majority of armed robbers and cultists who are mostly christians. These are bad eggs who are beyond our reach.

Did you really have to stoop this low with another fallacy? Why is lying a part of islam?

Since when did anyone conduct a census for armed robbers and cultists and discovered majority of them were christians? Even the armed bandits from Niger and Chad are christians too?

Assuming they were christians, do armed robbers attack houses based on christian obligations? Unlike islam the bible expressely commands "THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT KILL! There is no ambiguity there, if you steal on behalf of Jesus you are going straight to hell!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by buluti(m): 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2007
@ belloti you need to understand nobody has anything against you or islam.

simmy raised good questions why don't the other fundamentalist go around killing and  david put it clearly its because the other religions are explicit.

I keep reading your post and wonder how u don't see the contradiction. You are proud of your religious obligations and agree with islamic positions on any aspect of life how then can you disagree with reckless and brutal murder of innocent soul who desecrate the Koran, when is it the Hahyth now of Koran that instructs such people should be killed, can't u see the people are innocent (as per the rules of a civil society) not your koranic rules.

Its okay you can't change anything and keep being the moderate muslim u are.

There is no need trying, everyone including muslims if they are honest can see through it, the ideology of the violence is gotten from Islamic teachings. Its the application that you are concerned with and attempting to interpret, the extremist are just interpreting it the way they deem fit, but the ideology of violence is from Islam.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by olutomiwa(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2007
belloti:

I don't need your symphathy baby. i am proud to be a muslim and proud of my religious obligations. Even if i was born a non-muslim and knowing what i know about islam now, i will still have converted to Islam.

I very much agree with islam positions on any aspect of life but i disagree with reckless and brutal murder of any innocent soul. i have said enough about the killing in gombe and there is nothing more to add except if you want me to renounce islam to appease you and your fellow demi-gods.

We have a situation in the world where some extremists kills in the name of religion, we wish they don't do that but we can only pray for God guidance. Everyone is accountable for his action, islam does not send anyone to kill innocent soul, just like the majority of armed robbers and cultists who are mostly christians. These are bad eggs who are beyond our reach.
What the hell?what on earth made you to write that majority of armed robbers and cultists in nigeria were christains?where did you get your facts?if at all they are what will you say of your brodas SHAGARI,BABAGINDA,ABACHA AND ABDUSALAM who looted our treasury?are they christains too?they are not armed robbers but PEN ROBBERS AND THEY ARE WORST THAN ARMED ROBBERS,armed robbers robbed just some of us,while your MUSLIM BRODAS ROBBED ALL OF US.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2007
belloti:

I don't need your symphathy baby. i am proud to be a muslim and proud of my religious obligations. Even if i was born a non-muslim and knowing what i know about islam now, i will still have converted to Islam.

I very much agree with islam positions on any aspect of life but i disagree with reckless and brutal murder of any innocent soul. i have said enough about the killing in gombe and there is nothing more to add except if you want me to renounce islam to appease you and your fellow demi-gods.

We have a situation in the world where some extremists kills in the name of religion, we wish they don't do that but we can only pray for God guidance. Everyone is accountable for his action, islam does not send anyone to kill innocent soul, just like the majority of armed robbers and cultists who are mostly christians. These are bad eggs who are beyond our reach.

The more you open your mouth,the more you talk from both sides of the mouth.
We all know [b]taquiyyah,[/b]the act of deception in Islam whereby Muslims are allowed to deceive others with "holy"lies is at work in you,it is infact an Islamic duty.
Allah may appreciate it but I am not deceived,neither are any reading from you.
Try again!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by gbadex1(m): 11:56pm On Apr 19, 2007
Lol, belloti's in deep sh*t cheesy . . .
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by MP007(m): 7:00am On Apr 20, 2007
And with all this going on in all part of the world, let nobody tell me that islam is a religion of peace, i have never heard of christian radicals, buddist radicals,athethist radicals, al we heard and seee is islamic radicalls, keep blowing ur self up cos u wanna get 70 virgins(thats a stupid notion by the way), so people are just senseless, no respect for human diginity, aint blaming them since ur women are treated like objects, like stuff u toil with , judgement dey heaven ,
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by alexis(m): 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2007
buluti is behaving like an ostritch, he is burying his head in the sand in the midst of a storm thinking that it will not affect him. He does feel sorry about the incident personally but he doesn't want to admit that islam is the cause of the young womans death. Doing that will jeopardize his religious belief and the very foundation of so many other muslims.

How can you say you agree with islam positions on any area of your life yet condemn the very same teaching that inspires your fellow muslims to kill and commit violence in the name of your god?. Are you hearing yourself at all.

Listen, you may not believe what I believe and I may not either - but don't impose your beliefs down my neck. Apply your laws to yourself, cut off your own hands, stone your young women and leave we christians out of it. Where you can't - then we will have a problem, a big one. Enough is enough!, we are tired of this Islam is all about peace crap.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by alexis(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2007
I meant belloti and not buluti. Sorry about that buluti, my bad
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by feelgood(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2007
The Punch newspaper of yesterday carried a story culled from Daily Trust of 17th April and captionned: 'Not in the name of Islam' on the matter. I summarize:
Toyin was said to have rightly seized a set of books a student had smuggled into the exam hall with the intent of cheating in the paper islamic religious knowledge. Unknown to her, a copy of the quran was discreetly hidden among the confiscated books which she angrily threw away. Soon after the exams, the affected student played the victim and cried fowl. Thereafter, a mob swooped on the hapless and unsuspecting woman and killed her for desecrating the quran.
There, you have the real story as culled from Daily Trust - and this should be condemned by all, no matter your religious leaning. No need to be apologetic or defensive about it; the action was a calculated, callous, wicked and despicable behavior by the cheating student. That the 'mob' did not ask questions but immediately embarked on jungle justice was rather unfortunate. Sadly, the student and her cohorts are yet to be arrested. And this is supposed to be one Nigeria. It is things like this and lame excuses from belloti et al that makes it difficult for me to convince my kids of the beauty of a united Nigeria and the senselessness of going our different ways. I truly feel I belong to the old school.
By the way, Daily Trust condemned the criminality and called for the arrest and prosecution of the culprits unlike the apologetics of the so called moderates.
I really feel for the future of my Country during my children's time - how sad. Perhaps it is just as well
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stimulus(m): 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2007
The incident still leaves me baffled. Of course, no one would stop to ask if cheating in exams was wrong; and one can argue that cheating is morally permissible (just like al-taqiyya) in matters relating to testing one's knowledge about Islam in an examination setting.

However, people wonder that the perpetrators of such a heinuos crime still roam our streets freely: no arrests made; no one questioned; and the matter was brushed aside sooner than expected. In fact, it would have been surprising indeed if any arrests were and justice sought - for that would have been a positive sign of true democracy in our country Nigeria.

Apart from the otiose claim of desecration of the Quran (which applies only to non-muslims, and not to Muslims themselves), perhaps readers should understand why NO arrests would be made. Al-taqiyya and cheating aside, it is yet another belief in Islam that Muslims can get away with any heinuos crime committed in their commune. It is a sort of Islamic immunity that cannot be enjoyed by anyone unless he or she was a muslim.

Here is the hadith that licences the act of Muslims killing non-Muslims and going scot-free.

Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 3, Num. 111 -

Narrated Ash-Sha'bi:
Abu Juhaifa said, "I asked Ali, 'Have you got any book (which has been revealed to the Prophet
apart from the Qur'an)
?' 'Ali replied, 'No, except Allah's Book or the power of understanding which
has been bestowed (by Allah) upon a Muslim or what is (written) in this sheet of paper (with me).'
Abu Juhaifa said, "I asked, 'What is (written) in this sheet of paper?' Ali replied, it deals with The Diyya
(compensation (blood money) paid by the killer to the relatives of the victim), the ransom for the
releasing of the captives from the hands of the enemies, and the law that no Muslim should
be killed in Qisas (equality in punishment) for the killing of (a disbeliever)

Okay, there you have it: Qisas!! No Muslim should be killed for killing a non-Muslim. So, readers can now understand why crimes continue to be perpetrated by some Muslims (referred to as "the bad eggs among us" by other Muslims), and no one dare asks any questions or make any arrests. Heaven knows what's next; for only when the crimes have been committed do we hear such glibs as "the entire Muslim community condemns such acts of barbarity!"

Is Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 3, Num. 111 and other interpretations of Islamic laws the reason why we read statements like:

Islam do not just endorse anyone to kill anyone but i am sure by now you are very familiar with the sharia legal system which is wholly derived from the islamic dictates. Its not a situation of lawlessness neither is it a state of anarchy. There are constituted authorities to deal with legal and communal issues.

I applaud the mettle of the gentleman who has come under fire for defending the tenets of his religion; and this where people like babs787 should be man enough to show their spunk, instead of ducking real issues and asking silly questions of why Muhammad's tales are worth the daylight that no one else should see for being non-muslim.

Last note, on reading such Hadith as quoted above for Qisas, I wonder what to make of this other line:

]We muslims loves you all and your continued hatred can not get you any result but more anguish and frustration
source: Oga belloti himself!.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Horus(m): 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2007

As a result of bomb explosions at the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania on August 7, 1998, 224 people were killed and hundreds were injured.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2007
Was anyone in doubt that the "kids" who made such a monumental "mistake" for which the "entire muslim community" has duly gone the al-taqqiya route by "comdemning" such act (an euphemism for "there is nothing you can do about it so live with it") would go scot free?

1. the government immediately pre-empted any unbiased investigation of the incident by quickly claiming it had no religious undertone - a clear case of dishonesty.

2. the criminal silence of islamic "leaders", who less than a month ago threatened us with mayhem should the ajami inscriptions be removed from the naira.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 22, 2007
God bless Seun for this forum.
I'm sure there are several things many have learnt of Islam that they did not know before.
Thanks for that hadith stimulus.

We now know why allah is said to be great.
He is the greatest deceiver of all.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 22, 2007
A typical sermon in a mosque,any wonder they act the way they do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9_KcNJBuS4&NR=1
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 4Play(m): 1:27am On Apr 22, 2007
@Davidylan & Babyosisi

One day they will issue a fatwa against you two grin Leave our peace loving Muslim brothers alone now grin
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 22, 2007
4 Play:

@Davidylan & Babyosisi

One day they will issue a fatwa against you two grin Leave our peace loving Muslim brothers alone now grin

ha ha ha.
how can a peaceful person harm another.It is only the few bad eggs that do such things,only about a few tens of millions are the violent ones.islam is a religion of peace,peace and more peace. grin grin
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 4Play(m): 2:00am On Apr 22, 2007
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 22, 2007
4 Play:

Very interesting article from a former jihadist-http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/book_extracts/article1685726.ece

interesting indeed.

[b]In supermarkets I only had to be away from Faye for five minutes and Saudi men would hiss or whisper obscenities as they walked past. When Faye discussed her experiences with local women at the British Council they said: “Welcome to Saudi Arabia.”

After a month in Jeddah I heard from an Asian taxi driver about a Filipino worker who had brought his new bride to live with him in Jeddah. After visiting the Balad shopping district the couple caught a taxi home. Some way through their journey the Saudi driver complained that the car was not working properly and perhaps the man could help push it. The passenger obliged. Within seconds the Saudi driver had sped off with the man’s wife in his car and, months later, there was still no clue as to her whereabouts.

We had heard stories of the abduction of women from taxis by sex-deprived Saudi youths. At a Saudi friend’s wedding at a luxurious hotel in Jeddah, women dared not step out of their hotel rooms and walk to the banqueting hall for fear of abduction by the bodyguards of a Saudi prince who also happened to be staying there. [/b]
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by debosky(m): 2:34am On Apr 22, 2007
they are just as Hot if not hornier than all the other men around, and because of their pent up aggro they resort to kidnappings shocked

Hooray for Islamic Supression!

Those guys should simply gather and blow up themselves in the name of Allah, then they'll have their virgins with self-regenerating hymens grin grin grin
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 4Play(m): 11:55am On Apr 22, 2007
Did you see the video of the 12 year old who was beheading a man?This happened in Pakistan

@Babyosisi
Please vote 4 me on this thread.Biko grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-49076.800.html
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2007
who is j-girl before I vote,I don't want you ending up with some efulefu or ogbanje grin grin
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by debosky(m): 2:08am On Apr 23, 2007
Mamaosisi don't vote for 4Play oh, you know he is happily married to Coco, and I know you don't support polygamy wink

vote me instead grin

David you too oh!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 23, 2007
debo i already cast my vote 4 u. grin best of luck
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 2:54am On Apr 23, 2007
who is this j-girl,has she been investigated yet and found worthy?
you know crazy girls bokwu for this nairaland.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 3:02am On Apr 23, 2007
@ babyosisi, she sounds ok i guess for debosky and 4play to fight over her. cheesy
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by belloti(m): 11:02am On Apr 23, 2007
You know when i read your replies it just expose more and more the real motives behind them. You dont love Islam and you feel so bad about it, wish it could just disappear perhaps. But its ok, we are stuck together for good and thats exactly why i keep on explaining things to you for a clearer and objective assessment. Islam can not be the inspiration for the kids but certainly our continued mistrust and hatred for each other which you are encouraging here. The kids probably share your kind of hatred for the other religion and were just waiting for a reason to strike. Am sure if your kids share your kind of sentiment they could kill a muslim for a lesser offence?.

The fact is those kids can not go free and that killing was a big crime that must be punished. But dont go looking for source of inspiration to spite the muslims. The hadith about killing of non-muslim was related in the context of a war era and may not be given such type of interpretation now. Toyin is dead, May the good Lord give her family the fortitude to bear the loss and may the culprits be brought to justice accordingly and may you guys one day understand the real islam from an objective view point. Amen
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by batu: 11:21am On Apr 23, 2007
belloti:

You know when i read your replies it just expose more and more the real motives behind them. You don't love Islam and you feel so bad about it, wish it could just disappear perhaps.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Am sure if your kids share your kind of sentiment they could kill a muslim for a lesser offence?.

@Belloti,
The only portion of your diatribe that is true is the first parapgraph! Yes, we do NOT love Islam; because the living God asked us to Love God and hate all forms of evil. Islam is a work of evil and we can't close our eyes to that: from the basic tenets of deception in it's doctrine, to the life and ministry of it's acclaimed perveted prophet called muhammed. There is nothing good about Islam, thus it is appropriate not to love Islam. However, those who are still blinded by the gods of this world cannot see the evil in it, but will try to rationalise and reason it out. But if you 'see' with the light of the true God in whom is no darkness (1st John 1 vs 5), then you'll know Islam for what it really is: DECEPTION, EVIL, PERVERTION, HEDONISM etc.

Our kids who are being raised in the ways of the living God (,,,through faith in the "only way, truth and life"wink will definitely share our sentiment of hating all works of evil; BUT rather than kill a muslim they will go to God on their knees and interseed for a muslim to see the light of the Gospel of truth. Because our kids know that "if you fight all your battles on your knees, you will win everytime."

NB: By the way, you can all read this brilliant editorial on the 'state of the Nigerian kid' in today's Guardian newspaper. It is about the muderous "kids" of Gombe. Although, it should have been approapriately titled the "state of the Nigerian kid raised in the ways of Islam." http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/editorial_opinion/article03
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by nossycheek(f): 12:28pm On Apr 23, 2007
@batu

Well spoken, you have said it all!

May God show the likes of Belloti, Mukina2 and babs787 the light and when that happens, they will be Peter and Paul in the Holy Bible
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2007
belloti:

The kids probably share your kind of hatred for the other religion and were just waiting for a reason to strike. Am sure if your kids share your kind of sentiment they could kill a muslim for a lesser offence?.

The way you refer to those murderous barbarian kids, one would think they were trained killers the way you portray them s "just waiting for a reason to strike". For the sake of almighty God, these were teenagers! When did Nigerian teenagers start learning to "wait for a reason to STRIKE"? What sets them apart from armed robbers and islamic terrorists? It is clear these are not ordinary "kids", but children indoctrinated with the islamic doctriine of hate, intolerance and murder as a virtue.

Our kids cannot share the kind of sentiments with those of the Gombe kids. The difference? The Gombe kids are raised as murderers for Allah, ours are raised in the fear of a just God, a God of love who enjoins his children to PRAY FOR THEIR ENEMIES and LOVE THEIR NEIGHBOR AS THEMSELVES.
The christian pulpit has never and will never be the platform for inciting hatred against muslims!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2007
an excerpt,interesting.

[b]Now more curious than ever, I found copies of the five oldest Islamic books and spent two years studying Muhammad and his message. What I found was bone chilling. The depiction of the prophet by the most revered Muslim sources is horrendous. Nearly every page reveals behavior that is immoral, criminal, and violent. I soon learned just how fortunate we are that most Muslims don't follow in the footsteps of Muhammad - that most don't know their prophet, their religion, their scriptures, or their history very well. If they did, and followed Islam, the whole world would be enveloped in war.

With their words, Muslims tell Westerners that they and their religion are peace loving. But this is because their holy books order them to deceive us. They are told to tell us "peace" until it’s too late. America’s president seems to have taken their bait, and the media doesn't seem to care. Yet Islamic history, both ancient and modern, shouts out an entirely different story. So which do you believe? If their words are true, why do you suppose they kill us?[/b]

http://www.prophetofdoom.net/Prophet_of_Doom_Prologue.Islam

http://www.prophetofdoom.net/Prophet_of_Doom_Prologue.Islam
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2007
An important fact no Christian or non Muslim should[b] NEVER EVER [/b] forget.
Never believe anything they tell you,research it for yourself because Islam encourages its adherents to deceive non Muslims for the benefit of Islam.

[b]taqiyya, which essentially means to lie for the sake of Islam. The intention is to deceive unbelievers about Islam, for the explicit purpose of assuaging doubts and concerns about Islam, and encouraging conversion. Taqiyya underlies the whole gamut of Muslim propaganda which is disseminated in the West, from the claim that Islam promotes equal rights for women, to the attempts at inflating the perceived number of Muslims. All are designed to draw people to Islam, by hook or by crook. The example given before of the Durham imam who went so far as to claim that he would be compelled by his religion to prevent a vandal from destroying the property of a church or synagogue is a typical example of taqiyya. It was said in a public forum for the express purpose of giving an appearance to the Islamic religion which does not reflect reality. Certainly, as has been seen, the historical attitudes of Muslims toward churches and synagogues has NOT been to protect them from vandalism, just the opposite is in fact the case. But, the lie must be told in the public forum so as to present Islam in a positive and tolerant light which will appeal to Westerners, which will cause them to believe that the image of Islam as an intolerant and violent religion are just myths created by Islam's enemies to defame the True Faith.[/b]

http://www.studytoanswer.net/myths_ch8.html#ch8-7

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

3 Types Of Churchgoers / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / Coronavirus: Anglican Church Stops Communion From One Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.