Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend (18925 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / Update On Gombe Muslim Students That Murdered A Female Christian Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 31, 2007
kebab:

i just read the editorial in the punch newspapers

and at times like this, i most certainly do not want to be a muslim or be associated with ISLAM.

its really a sad sad story

and it amazes me how some people can take a life that they didnot and can never create.

From the stark illiteracy prevalent in the North,you are more likely to be a Southern Muslim than a northerner.
The reform needed in Islam especially in Nigeria  will only begin with Muslims from the South who are obviously more enlightened, and have demonstrated peaceable co habitation and intermarriage between their Christian neighbors for decades.

That reform has to start with school curriculum on tolerance and living peacable with all people in Islamic studies and a lesson that there is no such thing as desecration of the Koran warranting death in Nigerian soceity.

One does not need a rocket scientist to conclude that these hooligans were taught by someone to act this way.They heard it and read it somewhere and it must become a criminal offence to incite acts of terrorism in the minds of children and when carried out,they ought to be tried as adults and sentenced to death.
At the rate these animals are going,it is only a matter of time when strapping bombs become attractive.
A stitch in time,they say,saves nine.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 31, 2007
On so many religious threads,I've been called names,branded a hater of Islam by Muslims and some so called Christians.
I have always maintained that Islam and sharia are incompatible with democracy and events prove that,see Saudi Arabia,the ideal Islamic state if you are in doubt and note the state of non Muslims there.
Saudi is the model for Nigeria.

Their sole plan for implementing sharia in Northern Nigeria is to dominate and eliminate Christians and Christianity by first subjecting them to second class citizens in their own country and since allah instructs them to fight us,hunt us down until all of us submit to his will,they take it literally and will stop at nothing to achieve this aim.
The other day,it was my relatives,last week it was Oluwatosin,who knows who the victims would be tomorrow.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 31, 2007
This is however,a common occurence in the Islamic world,it only hits home when it happens in our own country.
case in point,Pakistan.

Islamic zeal is intense across the province. On 28 June, in Nowshera, 40km east of Peshawar the NWFP capital, an illiterate Christian cleaner named Yousaf Masih (60) burnt paper rubbish that unknown to him had verses of the Quran written on it. When young boys saw this, they cried out that a Christian had desecrated verses of the Quran. Islamic rage ignited quickly. Angry Muslims went to Yousaf's house, and as he was not home, they beat his sons and brother and manhandled his wife and daughters. Police arrested Yousaf later that evening. According to the All Pakistan Minorities Alliance, announcements were made in the local mosques to burn Christians. At around 10pm a riotous Muslim mob burnt down the Hindu Lamba Vera temple (some thinking Yousaf was Hindu) before they burnt, looted and ransacked some 200 Christian and Hindu homes across the district, forcing families to flee.

even  handwritten koranic veses would turn the paper into a koranoid paper.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 31, 2007
babyosisi:

Their sole plan for implementing sharia in Northern Nigeria is to dominate and eliminate Christians and Christianity by first subjecting them to second class citizens in their own country and since allah instructs them to fight us,hunt us down until all of us submit to his will,they take it literally and will stop at nothing to achieve this aim.
The other day,it was my relatives,last week it was Oluwatosin,who knows who the victims would be tomorrow.

A close friend used to be so proud of having been born in Kaduna state. After a close shave with death, he and his family have since relocated to Lagos. My uncle who started life out in Kaduna as a young corp member had to seek transfer back to Lagos after several threats to his life. Thankfully God used his maiguard then to save him from the hordes of demons masquerading as allah's footmen.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 4Play(m): 12:52am On Mar 31, 2007
Whatever you say about Muslims, you can't deny that they have a brilliant sense of humor,whatelse can be said about their characterisation of Islam as a "religion of peace".
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by BECCIA(m): 12:59am On Mar 31, 2007
****EVEN NIGERIAN MUSLIMS ARE ISOLATED ON THIS ISSUE.******
****MUSLIMS ALL OVER THE WORLD CONDEMN THIS ACT********

Let me make it clear that this incident has gone far and wide beyond the shores of
Nigeria across the Atlantic, to Canada, the Carribean, to Spain, to Latin America
and all other African countries and some International Human Rights Organisation.

If some Nigeria Moslems are directly or indirectly in support of
this, THEN THEY ARE ISOLATED.

Even their fellow Moslems from Saudi Arabia, and other parts of
the Middle East when they got the details of the case were completely shocked

and I quote one " THIS IS WORSE THAN THE NIGER DELTA CRISIS, THIS IS A CRIME AGAINST
HUMANITY, YOU GUYS LIVE WITH VAMPIRES AND BLOODHOUNDS IN NIGERIA".

Hear another " THE LOGIC BEHIND HAVING CONTACT WITH THE QUR'AN AND GETTING BURNT
IS COMPLETELY MONSTROUS AND INSANE, WHO GAVE THEM THOSE TEACHINGS,
DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE BOOKSHOPS AND LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA
WHERE THE QUR'AN IS AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE, I USED TO THINK NIGERIANS ARE
SMART PEOPLE".

And another " Don't you guys have responsible people in that town, ,the police, ,or even
the ordinary people,, If this can happen to a Nigerian, then a foreigner is completely
helpless, those guys do not practise ISLAM, they should be executed?".

So Fellow Nigerians, if the custodians of the Moslem faith themselves,
those who are custodians of the Holiest Places of Mecca and Medina
can condemn this outrightly,
I still await ONE MUSLIM who will justify this.

I therefore charge all the Moslems in Nigeria to teach themselves and their children,
in their mosques, market places, to desist forthwith all these acts of savagery in the name of
religion.

See, the way this issue is spreading all over the world and here in the UK,
If you are a Nigerian Muslim and especially from the North, you will have to be extra nice
here in Scotland BECAUSE the silent thoughts that welcomes you everywhere is:-
HERE IS ONE OF THOSE SAVAGES-BEWARE!

This is not good for christians, for moslems, for Nigeria, for Tourism and for dignity of our
Nigerian citizenship. They are beginning to think we are less than human beigns.
YOU AND I CAN STOP THIS BY SPREADING THE MESSAGE OF TOLERANCE.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by fatliar(m): 1:12am On Mar 31, 2007
total wickedness, may her gentle soul rest in peace

may GOD give them a change of heart
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 31, 2007
BECCIA:

****EVEN NIGERIAN MUSLIMS ARE ISOLATED ON THIS ISSUE.******
****MUSLIMS ALL OVER THE WORLD CONDEMN THIS ACT********

Let me make it clear that this incident has gone far and wide beyond the shores of
Nigeria across the Atlantic, to Canada, the Carribean, to Spain, to Latin America
and all other African countries and some International Human Rights Organisation.

If some Nigeria Moslems are directly or indirectly in support of
this, THEN THEY ARE ISOLATED.

[b]Even their fellow Moslems from Saudi Arabia, and other parts of
the Middle East when they got the details of the case were completely shocked

and I quote one " THIS IS WORSE THAN THE NIGER DELTA CRISIS, THIS IS A CRIME AGAINST
HUMANITY, YOU GUYS LIVE WITH VAMPIRES AND BLOODHOUNDS IN NIGERIA".

Hear another " THE LOGIC BEHIND HAVING CONTACT WITH THE QUR'AN AND GETTING BURNT
IS COMPLETELY MONSTROUS AND INSANE, WHO GAVE THEM THOSE TEACHINGS,
DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE BOOKSHOPS AND LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA
WHERE THE QUR'AN IS AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE, I USED TO THINK NIGERIANS ARE
SMART PEOPLE".

And another " Don't you guys have responsible people in that town, ,the police, ,or even
the ordinary people,, If this can happen to a Nigerian, then a foreigner is completely
helpless, those guys do not practise ISLAM, they should be executed?".

So Fellow Nigerians, if the custodians of the Moslem faith themselves,
those who are custodians of the Holiest Places of Mecca and Medina
can condemn this outrightly,
I still await ONE MUSLIM who will justify this.[/b]
I therefore charge all the Moslems in Nigeria to teach themselves and their children,
in their mosques, market places, to desist forthwith all these acts of savagery in the name of
religion.

See, the way this issue is spreading all over the world and here in the UK,
If you are a Nigerian Muslim and especially from the North, you will have to be extra nice
here in Scotland BECAUSE the silent thoughts that welcomes you everywhere is:-
HERE IS ONE OF THOSE SAVAGES-BEWARE!

This is not good for christians, for moslems, for Nigeria, for Tourism and for dignity of our
Nigerian citizenship. They are beginning to think we are less than human beigns.
YOU AND I CAN STOP THIS BY SPREADING THE MESSAGE OF TOLERANCE.

Please give us a link for those beautiful quotes from Saudi Arabia and the Muslim world for all to see.
I find it strange that you are a newly registered member and your very first posting on nairaland happens to be on this very topic.
If you cannot provide us a verifiable link for the quotes you made above,you will not be taken seriously,I'll conclude that you're one of the regular Muslim apologists on this site who is returning as a new member which is my first hunch about you.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stellose(f): 1:35am On Mar 31, 2007
MAY GOD PUNISH ALL THE MUSLIMS, AND THEIR ENTIRE GENERATION FOR THIS UNHOLY ACT. IMAGINE?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by TheOne2(m): 2:15am On Mar 31, 2007
@babyosisi

BECCIA is a new member because I directed him to this site. He's the one that actually told me about this event as relating to our mutual friend and he discussed it with coursemates from the countries he mentioned. Hope this eases your suspicion.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 3:29am On Mar 31, 2007
I apologise Beccia
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by BECCIA(m): 10:19am On Mar 31, 2007
babyosisi, apology accepted, I think we should all work together whether christians or muslims to stop this trend. It affects all of us.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by goodbobo: 10:28am On Mar 31, 2007
who is fooling who . where on earth is the peace in islam . As a person . i keep asking me why on earth can some one decide to be a Muslim . well for the stack iIiterate in the north , it can be a little bit understandable cos its takes a muron to be . But how on earth can an educated person who knows his right from his left follow a faith that tells u to kill another human being simply because he is not of ur own faith ( infidel as they call it ).
This is a big puzzle that i just can not figure out till date .
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by yongbabe(f): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2007
this is sick!!
how culd they?
i serously hope that they would pay 4 it in
d worst way imaginable no kidin they deserve it!
i can just hope that hey soul rests in peace.
once opun a tyme a thougt religion dosent matter,
right now i fink d muslim religion is lame ( i am just being honest).
i just hope her soul rests in perfect peace cry cry
if someone hands me a quran now i will burn it8 thats after i piss on it)!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by TheOne2(m): 11:34am On Mar 31, 2007
People,

I think for ths thread to be productive, we should share ideas on how these types of incidents can be curbed. Like it or not, some Christians will still get posted to these states for NYSC or some other thing might take them there. We shouldn't stop at condemning the action, we should go further to suggest ways of preventing a re-occurence. I for one suggest as follows:

1) If you know your representative, either at state or national level (even senators) write protest letters to them. By the time they get inundated woth these lletters, they will be forced to raise it in the house. This might be difficult right now as they are all occupied with elections and don't seem to have time for anything else but we should still do it anyway.

2) Let us flood newspaper houses with letters condemning this incident in unprecedented numbers. They are a powerful tool that could be used to drive home this point.

3) Engage any muslim you know, especially those from the north, as you might just get them to be agents of change in their communities. If they can see reason and be convinced about it, I believe they should be able to talk to their people. I'm not saying this will work, but I believe the people will be more willing to listen to people from amongst themselves.

Any other suggestions?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by texazzpete(m): 12:18pm On Mar 31, 2007
There was a time i felt i was getting to cold, too hardened to the ways of this world. I felt i had seen it all, i was too jaded to even be shaken by anything.

No longer! I read the link
http://www.christianpersecution.info/news/nigeria-muslims-club-christian-teacher-to-death/

i haven't cried in a long time. tears were in my eyes when i read the story. . .
May her gentle soul rest in peace.

@The One
I feel your pain. we need to work to curb these kind of things from happening again.
I'm not afraid to say this; by the very act of keeping silent, the Sultan of sokoto, the Imams and rulers of the north are all part and parcel of this evil and they too will reap the punishment that will come on them. Ditto all the Sharia governors (including Yar'Adua himself) and an increasingly uncaring pseudo-born again christian President.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by DisGuy: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2007
Any other suggestions?

Yes, lets not only stand up to do something when a relative/friend is involved; lets stand up to take actions when ordinary citizens are callously murdered,cheated,accused. . . for whatever reason be it religion or ethnicity!

May God help all of us!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Genial(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2007
The One:

People,

I think for ths thread to be productive, we should share ideas on how these types of incidents can be curbed. Like it or not, some Christians will still get posted to these states for NYSC or some other thing might take them there. We shouldn't stop at condemning the action, we should go further to suggest ways of preventing a re-occurence. I for one suggest as follows:

1) If you know your representative, either at state or national level (even senators) write protest letters to them. By the time they get inundated woth these lletters, they will be forced to raise it in the house. This might be difficult right now as they are all occupied with elections and don't seem to have time for anything else but we should still do it anyway.

2) Let us flood newspaper houses with letters condemning this incident in unprecedented numbers. They are a powerful tool that could be used to drive home this point.

3) Engage any muslim you know, especially those from the north, as you might just get them to be agents of change in their communities. If they can see reason and be convinced about it, I believe they should be able to talk to their people. I'm not saying this will work, but I believe the people will be more willing to listen to people from amongst themselves.

Any other suggestions?

The ONE,

I served with her husband in the same hospital. We lived in the same quarters. I knew when they were getting married - I knew her on a personal basis, and I'm still suffering mental and emotional stress as a result of the news.

Unlike you, I heard the news the day after it happened, and a mutual friend, who was also with us, was one of those that retrieved her body (or what was left of it).

I have not, however, recovered fully from it.

It will probably take me a while to do so.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Horus(m): 2:17pm On Mar 31, 2007
Muhammadan stone-casting: rock heads

Let’s analyze this (casting of pebbles at the devil) situation. Here you have thousands of hot Muslims gathered around three stone pillars, desperately trying to get there twenty-one stones inside of the pits. If you really took the time to analyze this you would see that this ritual had to have been man-made, unless you think that your God, “Allah” would set you up to get hurt. Think about it, thousands of pilgrims are all gathered around these pits, throwing rocks. That means thousands of rocks, some large, are being thrown towards the front and all of the people in the front are getting knocked in the head. Is any body shouting a prayer for these people?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by BECCIA(m): 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2007
Thank you THE ONE and Genial.
We were together also in the Univ. and she was
one of those caring big sisters that would always be there for you.

Yes, the line of action is something we need to fashion out.

1) I have thought of really getting this to the House and Floor of the Senate.
and the personal attention of the highly enlightened Oby Ezekwensili,
the Minister of Education. If any one has access to her, she is a veritable instument of change.

2) To curb further recurrence, we need to embark on a very long journey
of re-educating the entire Moslem populace of the North. I have been taking up
some useful discussions here and the follwing recommendation have been made:

a) Introduce a subject called " Religions and Religious Practices in Nigeria" at all levels of the
educational system in Nigeria even as compulsory elective courses in all the Universities.

b) This should be taught not only in English but in all the Nigerian languages.

c) The focus should be " Awareness of the different Religions in Nigeria and emphasis
on tolerance for other religions as a result of our Nigerian brotherhood.

d) Emphasis that to be a Nigerian is more important than to be a part of any religion.
It should also be emphasised that severe punishment awaits those who commit crimes in the
name of religion.

e) All the teachers in Nigeria should be trained specially for this.

f) Parents, Religious leaders, Pastors, Imams, Clerics should also take
this message to their followers.

THIS IS NOT A DAY'S JOURNEY, BUT THE RESULTS ARE SURE.
But thE PROBLEM IS IN THE MIND, And only RIGHT, CONSCIENTIOUS and SUSTAINED TEACHING
will educate these dark minds.

Because I tell you the minds of those young students and many others are completely dark
without any form of light. I welcome additions to these lines of thoughts.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by babs787(m): 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2007
@the one

I saw your post directed to me and I have decided to honour the invitation.

Firstly, I am very sorry for the death of the woman that happened tobe your friend, May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

I dont even know what to write but honestly the truth of the matter is that, no muslim support killing of another victim. God too does not support extremism or whatever as the case may be.

Thought we may be of different religion, ehtnicity, tribe, colour etc but the fact still remains that we are the children of Adam. So no soul is special compared to another.

ISLAM does not condone taking of another person's soul.

I wish I could continue but have to stop here, I am sincerely sorry for the incident. May Allah give her family fortitude to bear the loss. I am very sorry for the incident.

Accept my condolence pls.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by mukina2: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2007
@theone
i will never support the killing of others
i am a muslim yes but that doesnt make me heartless .
i sympathise with her family on their loss .i hope they take heart .
may her soul rest in peace
like i told babyosisi in that other thread Islam does not support terror of any kind
to kill a human being in Islam is a major sin.

i sincerely extend my heart felt sympathy to her husband and kids .
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by drixie: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2007
First, I will offer my sincere condolences to the relatives and friends of this woman who lost her life to these cold - blooded animals. May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

I will also try to correct some notions here. I am a Yoruba muslim from Ogun State who happen by the worst of ill - luck
to be schooling in the North.

The problems we have in Nigeria are not religious. they are basically borne out of tribal sentiments. most of what these guys have incorporated into their version of Islam is their culture and islam has become the means thru which they cover their atrocious acts. the main goal of the northerners is to take over the entity called Nigeria that was forged by the british and this is reflected in Sir Abubakar tafawa Balewa's statement before the british handed over in 1960, "I pray you people leave soon so that we can continue our interrupted conquest to the sea". As such, every form of atrocity meant to discomfort other nigerians especially in their lands has been perpetuated. I can state here that the Nigerian Northerners are not practicing Islam (i dont mean all).

I've been there and I have witnessed it and i'm still witnessing it

They kill Muslims from other parts of the country in their so called fights to purge out infidels. A mention was made in that article of a similar incidence that happened in Bauchi in february 2006.it was just the same thing that happened. only the corper involved was adequately protected. I was there and it wasnt funny. Yoruba Muslims were killed as much as christians. The State government had to compensate the local NASFAT branch.

This is basically a Northern problem, once u are from another part of the country, the only thing is for u to hope and pray you dont get killed because the only people who would have come to ur aid would be scared. these people dont dare touch other northerners who are not Hausa. Remember what happened in Jos the last time. It wasnt a religious problem as everybody has been led to believe. it was a head on clash between the Hausa and the native people of that local government. there was killing and maiming on both sides.

Also, those people you call little SS1 children are street urchins who have been forced to go to school. I have an uncle who was invited to the wedding of a JS2 student of his. A man who sells oranges in the market marries four wives and gives birth to so many children he cannot cater for and pours them out on the street with little bowls to go and gain Islamic education by begging off people(isnt that insane?). isnt that enough to get a child frustrated and harken to the voice of people who feed him everyday to kill someone else? this is a very good tool which some of their politicians employ in disturbing peace. This same man who has four wives and plenty children he cant cater for would divorce his first wife and marry another young girl to produce more children. You have to be here to believe it. There was a guy who washes my uncle's car (the guy's job from office) every day. My uncle gives this guy cash gifts most times he comes around beacuse of the dirty tattered form he appears in. my uncle stopped giving this guy money when the guy invited us to his wedding - with his third wife. and his job is just washing cars.

The North has the highest percentage of Indian hemp smokers (believe me). Indian hemp is placed in kiosks near your normal chewing gums. I've seen a policeman barter hemp in a market in broad daylight.

Islam is a religion which preaches peace. basically.full stop. if anybody calls himself a muslim and says someone should be killed for touching the Quran, ask him why Prophet Mohammed (SAW) allowed some travelling christians to pray in his mosque. People who commit atrocities around the world under the guise of Islam are just tools Shaitan use in defacing Allah's religion in the faces of the people. and they shall definitely be punished on judgement day

This activities are not what Islam preaches. If they are, i would have stopped being a muslim. If i wasnt in the North too, I wouldnt have understood. I sincerely plead with people like davidylan, stellose and babyosisi to be calm. I know that everyone has a right to be incensed. I read the story myself and I was shaken. If you want to know about islam. tell me and i'll gladly talk with you on chat. please, dont generalise muslims as bad people or islam as a religion of blood - thirsty human beings.

if anybody has questions. i'm still around.

note: not all northerners are so - called monsters. there are stories of some who harboured their yoruba and hausa neighbours during the bauchi crisis and got their houses burnt. remember the principal too in that article.

May Almighty Allah forgive me if I have made any mistake above.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2007
drixie:

First, I will offer my sincere condolences to the relatives and friends of this woman who lost her life to these cold - blooded animals. May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

I will also try to correct some notions here. I am a Yoruba muslim from Ogun State who happen by the worst of ill - luck
to be schooling in the North.

The problems we have in Nigeria are not religious. they are basically borne out of tribal sentiments. most of what these guys have incorporated into their version of Islam is their culture and islam has become the means through which they cover their atrocious acts. the main goal of the northerners is to take over the entity called Nigeria that was forged by the british and this is reflected in Sir Abubakar tafawa Balewa's statement before the british handed over in 1960, "I pray you people leave soon so that we can continue our interrupted conquest to the sea". As such, every form of atrocity meant to discomfort other nigerians especially in their lands has been perpetuated. I can state here that the Nigerian Northerners are not practicing Islam (i don't mean all).

I've been there and I have witnessed it and i'm still witnessing it

They kill Muslims from other parts of the country in their so called fights to purge out infidels. A mention was made in that article of a similar incidence that happened in Bauchi in february 2006.it was just the same thing that happened. only the corper involved was adequately protected. I was there and it wasnt funny. Yoruba Muslims were killed as much as christians. The State government had to compensate the local NASFAT branch.

This is basically a Northern problem, once u are from another part of the country, the only thing is for u to hope and pray you don't get killed because the only people who would have come to your aid would be scared. these people don't dare touch other northerners who are not Hausa. Remember what happened in Jos the last time. It wasnt a religious problem as everybody has been led to believe. it was a head on clash between the Hausa and the native people of that local government. there was killing and maiming on both sides.

Also, those people you call little SS1 children are street urchins who have been forced to go to school. I have an uncle who was invited to the wedding of a JS2 student of his. A man who sells oranges in the market marries four wives and gives birth to so many children he cannot cater for and pours them out on the street with little bowls to go and gain Islamic education by begging off people(isnt that insane?). isnt that enough to get a child frustrated and harken to the voice of people who feed him everyday to kill someone else? this is a very good tool which some of their politicians employ in disturbing peace. This same man who has four wives and plenty children he can't cater for would divorce his first wife and marry another young girl to produce more children. You have to be here to believe it. There was a guy who washes my uncle's car (the guy's job from office) every day. My uncle gives this guy cash gifts most times he comes around beacuse of the dirty tattered form he appears in. my uncle stopped giving this guy money when the guy invited us to his wedding - with his third wife. and his job is just washing cars.

The North has the highest percentage of Indian hemp smokers (believe me). Indian hemp is placed in kiosks near your normal chewing gums. I've seen a policeman barter hemp in a market in broad daylight.

Islam is a religion which preaches peace. basically.full stop. if anybody calls himself a muslim and says someone should be killed for touching the Quran, ask him why Prophet Muhammad (SAW) allowed some travelling christians to pray in his mosque. People who commit atrocities around the world under the guise of Islam are just tools Shaitan use in defacing Allah's religion in the faces of the people. and they shall definitely be punished on judgement day

This activities are not what Islam preaches. If they are, i would have stopped being a muslim. If i wasnt in the North too, I wouldnt have understood. I sincerely plead with people like davidylan, stellose and babyosisi to be calm. I know that everyone has a right to be incensed. I read the story myself and I was shaken. If you want to know about islam. tell me and i'll gladly talk with you on chat. please, don't generalise muslims as bad people or islam as a religion of blood - thirsty human beings.

if anybody has questions. i'm still around.

note: not all northerners are so - called monsters. there are stories of some who harboured their yoruba and hausa neighbours during the bauchi crisis and got their houses burnt. remember the principal too in that article.

May Almighty Allah forgive me if I have made any mistake above.

You and beccia are like a breathe of fresh air on this thread.
For a year now,I've been on nairaland and I had been deeply troubled by the responses we get regarding violence perpertrated in the name of Islam and the consistent response we get is that Islam means peace and that the Muslims must have been provoked or why did the pope say such a thing.or why were those cartoons drawn,in effect blaming the dead for causing themselves to be killed.
What differentiates us from wild animals is not just our ability to walk on two feet and drink garri with a spoon but our ability to be self controlled and respect the sanctity of human life.
No group has a monopoly to offence.

You have spoken very well,I always knew that a Yoruba Muslim or Igbo Muslim can never be compared to their Northern conterparts in Nigeria.
During the Benny Hinn Muslim riots in Kano,a reknowned Muslim professor,a Yorubaman was killed in broadlight even though he yelled out to them that he was their brother in Islam,they said he was a yeye Muslim and slit his throat.

I read a fine article written by a brilliant female journalist in Nigeria,a Muslim about a near fist fight aboard a Nigerian aircraft between a Muslim man and a man in suit,a non Muslim.
The Muslim man nearly attacked his fellow passenger because the man in suit had placed his bag on top of the Muslim's bag on the overhead compartment thereby desecrating his Koran in his suitcase.
So I ask you beccia,what is it about Koran desecration?
What are you typically taught in Koran education about the koran that makes it almost a death sentence for a book that is sold freely in book stores all over to loose it's holy status when touched or stepped on such that the culprit must be killed to appease it?
When Beccia talks about education,this is part of it.

As a Christian,it is hard for me to fathom this,that is why I ask these questions.
Daily with occurences such as this,I regret being in the same country with these people,they have caused untold agony to so many and sadly,it is just a matter of time and we'll be at this topic again.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by drixie: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2007
babyosisi. i hope u dont mind if i answer ur question.

The Quran is a holy book containing all the laws as regards to living your life as a true muslim who believes in Allah. As such, u should keep it holy and free of all acts of desecration.
Its true you can get it from bookstores but as a muslim, you should take appropriate care of your own quran. anything any other person does with his or her own is his own business and they will face judgement from God.

But the problem with people especially we africans is that we tend to overact about things. the man in the aeroplane u mentioned could have just done it so people around would know he's so serious about his religion. theres nothing wrong in simply telling your co-passenger that ur quran is in the bag and u would like to remove it. most of these things depend upon personalities and people's insividual intelligence. when i want to travel, i envisage the fact that someone's baggage might be placed above mine, so i put my quran in a small bag i carry in my hand when i'm travelling. simple as ABC. at least, no one would put his bag or sit on a bag that is in my hands.

Personalities matter. I will urge and implore all nairalanders not to judge a religion based on the acts of some foolish people.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by mukina2: 10:57pm On Mar 31, 2007
Drixie

you are right about the Quran .
when  i started learning arabic .i mistakenly dropped my Quran on the florr
the caning i received that day i can never forget
tho i was among the best reciters there . i got caned
my Oustass just told me that the Holy book came down with  Ink, whip and writing stick .
he also told me never to Drop it again
if Quran was dropped it must be picked up fast and kissed on both sides.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stimulus(m): 11:27pm On Mar 31, 2007
mukina2:

my Oustass just told me that the Holy book came down with Ink, whip and writing stick .

And you believed him?

There's another al-Taqiyya. . . he lied to you, and sent koboko on your back!! And you took it almost gratuitously because he "just told" you so.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by drixie: 11:43pm On Mar 31, 2007
@stimulus
you should understand when one is younger and older people want to give you a reason for not not doing something properly. if they explain to u as is, u might not really understand. now that she's older and she knows why she should keep her quran well, do u think she still does that because of the fear of koboko?

when u were 5 years old, did u know why u were going to school?

i really want this to end here so another chain of argument will not start.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stimulus(m): 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2007
@drixie,

This is not about starting another chain of argument or debate. There's no reason why I should want to drop a book - whether as an infant or an adult. And there's just no plausible reason for an adult to cane a child in the name of "explaining" anything with a lie.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by mukina2: 11:49pm On Mar 31, 2007
yeah Drixie you right after that caning  . i never dropped my Quran again
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by egoldman(m): 4:03am On Apr 01, 2007
cool
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by egoldman(m): 4:20am On Apr 01, 2007
sorry guys,i seem to have goofed as am posting via gprs ,i seemed to have wrongly edited the topic,my post should be ;what happens when one drops the koran by mistake ?

n.b ; am back ,oga admin weldon oooh grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How Those Who Took Money From Jonathan Turned Against Him – Bishop Kukah / Iyami Aje - My Mother, The Witches / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.