Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,369 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary (14414 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary / KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 12:48am On Jun 23, 2010
Gekko:

abeg, just remove the word Waste from dictionary and replace it with yakubu, in fact anyone with the name Yakubu should consider a name change.

Interestingly, I am looking at a proposal on my desk right now (as the Chief Lexicographer at OED) seeking the same substitution!

Whao. . .Gekko, you must be an out-and-out genius - Take that to the bank; tell 'em Canuck said so!  cheesy
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by EzeUche(m): 12:50am On Jun 23, 2010
lol
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ivynwa(f): 12:51am On Jun 23, 2010
@Canuck
Glad to see that you are at it again, people sure need your laughing medicine now. I was asking after you in the thread below when people started getting depressed and moody after the ball. You can visit there and lighten them up.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=457503.msg6264970#msg6264970

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 7:30pm June 22 @ World Cup 2010
« #1004 on: Yesterday at 09:54:09 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANUCK, Where is Canuck?
   Please people are depressed here and right now I think that they need your laughing medicine, who are we fixing up in our good old dictionary. As for me , I am chilling and being happy that my boys were not defeated. I am hanging up my shoulder because they stood up against others ane equalized. They said to the world "African ain't all spineless" and for that I am happy.

@Ogidi Boy
Your suggestion to man 190 made my evening with enough laughter.

@Ruq
Abeg leave Canuck make he make person laugh but the thing be say make we just jolly over these and not take it to heart.

Canuck I think it's still good you attach the warning of the chief lexicographer(whatever) general so that some don't carry things far enough to attack or accost Mr. Yakubu. Some people are that much affected by this ordinary game of football.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 12:52am On Jun 23, 2010
philip0906:

@ruq
its late go and sleep cos u need it b4 u get yakubued and pass d kaitomainian flu to other nairalanderscheesy grin grin *whatever dat means* grin grin grin

All in favour, say "Aye"

"Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Motion carried! Sweet dreams Ruq  cool
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by landtraza(m): 12:55am On Jun 23, 2010
they say every disappointments is  a blessing, i agree to that, but not when you yakubu your country.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 12:56am On Jun 23, 2010
Ivynwa:

@Canuck
Glad to see that you are at it again, people sure need your laughing medicine now. I was asking after you in the thread below when people started getting depressed and moody after the ball. You can visit there and lighten them up.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=457503.msg6264970#msg6264970

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 7:30pm June 22 @ World Cup 2010
« #1004 on: Yesterday at 09:54:09 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANUCK, Where is Canuck?
   Please people are depressed here and right now I think that they need your laughing medicine, who are we fixing up in our good old dictionary. As for me , I am chilling and being happy that my boys were not defeated. I am hanging up my shoulder because they stood up against others ane equalized. They said to the world "African ain't all spineless" and for that I am happy.

@Ogidi Boy
Your suggestion to man 190 made my evening with enough laughter.

@Ruq
Abeg leave Canuck make he make person laugh but the thing be say make we just jolly over these and not take it to heart.

Canuck I think it's still good you attach the warning of the chief lexicographer(whatever) general so that some don't carry things far enough to attack or accost Mr. Yakubu. Some people are that much affected by this ordinary game of football.

Whao! Are you kidding me?! You're talking about Canuck on another thread? Na so persin own dey beta o! Thank you my sis!  wink
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 12:59am On Jun 23, 2010
[center]MESSAGE FROM THE CHIEF RESIDENT LEXICOGRAPHER
(World Renowned for Introducing KAITA and YAKUBU, the Latest Words in the English Oxford Dictionary)

For the sake of full disclosure, wishing YAKUBU dead or committing suicide is way out of the scope and intent of this fun-way-to-vent thread. Such posts are hideous, atrocious and completely in bad taste.

Cease and desist immediately, otherwise, our highly influential organization will have no option but to create a new word with your NL username. You will have no place to hide. cheesy

If you doubt our reach, see what we did to YAKUBU!

Signed,

Canuck grin[/center]
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by landtraza(m): 1:01am On Jun 23, 2010
am on my way to bed, for a great sleep by GOD grace, to wake up sound and healthy.  please help me god, for me not to yakubu at work tomorrrow smiley smiley
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Rhydem: 1:10am On Jun 23, 2010
God have mercy, my dog has been Yakubu-ing for some months now, and has now been diagonsed with Kaitaitous. What have I done to deserve Super Eagles misfortunes sad
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by COOLDK(m): 1:15am On Jun 23, 2010
O Father! Send down ur YAKUBING power and destroy all forms of YAKUBIC people on NL & 9ja @ large. Let dem reap dr agony of their YAKUBO(deads). 1ok u father cos uve heard 4 they shall be YAKUBUED in a KAITASTROPHIC way.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 1:19am On Jun 23, 2010
Rhydem:

God have mercy, my dog has been Yakubu-ing for some months now, and has now been diagonsed with Kaitaitous. What have I done to deserve Super Eagles misfortunes sad

Eeeeyyyyyaaaa! Take heart, ndo. cheesy
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Iceugwa(m): 1:20am On Jun 23, 2010
his miss is the worse i have ever seen
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Rhydem: 1:25am On Jun 23, 2010
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Princek12(m): 1:41am On Jun 23, 2010
"yepa"; "oriyami"; "olodumare"

Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Medlabgirl: 1:59am On Jun 23, 2010
Yaku[b]beast[/b]ic: Anything that causes you to be an animal and spoil the show of others.

Yaku[b]bumbastic[/b]: having a highly inflated opinion of your abilities when you are in fact a piece of crap.

I hope I tried. I no be Canuck oh!
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by paddylo1(m): 4:12am On Jun 23, 2010

FK THIS DUDE. YAKUBU. WHAT A LOOSER
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by dallasbeau(f): 4:57am On Jun 23, 2010
@ OP, your command of the english language is commendable, so is your humor! You made me LOL. smiley
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by megawax8: 5:31am On Jun 23, 2010
[color=#550000][/color]May he continue to yakubu his opportunities in life, amen!!! How i wish i could kaitarize the fool, oloriburuku
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ikibeh(m): 5:32am On Jun 23, 2010
In addition to the Catastrophe of Cosmic Proportion caused by the Lazy assed Yakubu and the Elephantiasis body-liked Shittu who could not even lift his full body from the field, the Unfortunate Oyibo (COACH) with his OGORO (frog) throat, who found Nigeria as a golden opportunity to eat our money (#50,000,000 every month), contributed to the downfall to hell of Nigeria.

That Hungry Coach should be probed and he should refund part or if not all the money given to him for not even scoring one f**king GOALLLLL!!!
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by davidif: 5:39am On Jun 23, 2010
They yakubued alot at their defence, but yakubu yakubued all of them! This is TRAGIC

nearest,
you need to check in to a mental institution grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 23, 2010
_
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by akwaowoudo(m): 7:28am On Jun 23, 2010
I love your post. It's a nice one. Ride on!
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by akwaowoudo(m): 7:30am On Jun 23, 2010
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by akwaowoudo(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2010
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by seguntijan(m): 7:59am On Jun 23, 2010
Argentina has already open the door for us but intentionally yakubu just closed the door just because he is fat,strong than any other person in the team.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Dizzy10: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2010
Did u kno dat d dico meaning of yakabu insult on a black man
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by sayso: 8:19am On Jun 23, 2010
thank God for given Seun the talent for this site,see talent for 9ja.Please what ever you people do,do not Yakubu your talents.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ranoscky(m): 8:20am On Jun 23, 2010
Omo mehn, i just tire for this match, cry i no know wetin i go talk sef  undecided    make i go play with my gurlfriend jare! smiley
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by btlasisi(m): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2010
I hope the people threatening Kaita can now add Yaku'booo to their list.

I said in my earlier comment the we have not produced best teams for this world cup, some were busy causing the day Kaita was born.

We would no be yakubised again by this Super chiken super disgrace.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by linn(f): 8:28am On Jun 23, 2010
What a disgrace!!!! yakubu and kaita. it was horrible.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Iyineda(m): 8:41am On Jun 23, 2010
Chuck Norris is the man who is known for sneezing with his eyes wide open and his mouth closed.

Chuck Norris cheered for Nigeria at the World Cup. He decided to make Nigeria win their match by telepathically guiding each ball struck by a Nigerian striker.

In spite of all his efforts Yakubu somehow managed to put his shots wide. . . regardless of the distance from goal. Nigeria crashed out of the competition.

Hence, Yakubu is the 1st person on planet Earth to have pushed Chuck Norris to his limits.

Chuck Norris is now one of many fans who got Yakubued.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by chakula: 8:49am On Jun 23, 2010
btlasisi:

I hope the people threatening Kaita can now add Yaku'booo to their list.

I said in my earlier comment the we have not produced best teams for this world cup, some were busy causing the day Kaita was born.

We would no be yakubised again by this Super chiken super disgrace.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Right, And i reasoned with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD UCL FINAL: Juventus Vs Real Madrid 1-4 2017 All Goals & Highlights / Before You Place Another Bet, Read This / Computers Will Decide Next Season’s Champions League Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.