Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary (14417 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary / KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ivynwa(f): 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ghana playing Germany now, wishing that Ghana will score real good and restore more of Africa's lost glory. What is this?
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by hdwada: 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
I hope they would not yakubu their chance grin
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by D1KeleVra(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
who?
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by MONAGHAN: 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2010
YOU SON OF A YAKUBU
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by D1KeleVra(m): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
mutallab oshi. . . zangief
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2010
Yakubu is a type of plague caused by an unredeemable curse placed on it's victim by a coven of witches from his/her village. It last manifested on ayegbeni yakubu during his infamous world cup miss. Earlier reported case dates back to the 12th century. Anybody under this spell can neva be of any usefulness to the society any longer.

Some countries just passed into law that any of their citizens infected with yakubu should be executed to just send them of their misery, not until yesternight, the yakubu plague was thought to have been just a myth.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Litmus: 11:54pm On Jun 23, 2010
Academic sure, but if Yak had scored would the goal not have been offside?
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by hardejorke(f): 12:02am On Jun 24, 2010
grin grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Joezik(m): 6:18am On Jun 24, 2010
I luv dis thread. E beta mk we no qualify than 2 yakubu'ed 4 world cup.hahaha
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Myself2(m): 8:28am On Jun 24, 2010
@ Canuck

You're a genius,woulda given you a kiss for this masterpiece,but since you're not female,I guess a hi 5 will suffice
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by dmy(m): 9:14am On Jun 24, 2010
How in the world can a human being miss this!!!!!!!!!!!Even a Blind Person will score this!!!!!!!

Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by eruudy(m): 9:45am On Jun 24, 2010
Please Armed Robber do not Yakubu (waste ) my life , I have so many un-Yakubued life ahead of me , Please you can kaitalise me instead ,
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by D1KeleVra(m): 10:13am On Jun 24, 2010
dmy:

How in the world can a human being miss this!!!!!!!!!!!Even a Blind Person will score this!!!!!!!

That's an example of "anywhere belle face"
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by heryyy(m): 10:25am On Jun 24, 2010
As they kolonbi our Eagles
As they faasi Enyeama
As they disobey Largerback
We come they get plenty wahala
As they dribble Obasi
As Yakubu commit the disaster
Just because Odiah they there
He follow enter the yawa,
Implicationnnn
grin grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ranoscky(m): 11:00am On Jun 24, 2010
^^^lol. kinda funny though!
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2010
Myself2:

@ Canuck

You're a genius,woulda given you a kiss for this masterpiece,but since you're not female,I guess a hi 5 will suffice

Shuo! I dey collect k.i.s.s. abeg!

K-Kudi
I-Ishu
S-Scratch
S-Stash of cash!

Thanks Myself2  grin
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by royalicon(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2010
Afolabi Yakubu'ed the ball off the goal post causing the Super Eagles to be Yakubu'ed out of the 2010 world cup.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by chelseabmw(m): 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2010
useless yak
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by mrjingles(m): 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2010
U guys dont get it his rel name is IYAKUBURAT
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Emmysteve(m): 5:41am On Jun 25, 2010
I think is hightime we kaiterzed Lagerback before he yakubu_ed our 2014 wc.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by pritypeety(f): 10:30am On Jun 25, 2010
this thread got me cracking my nerves already. NLanders are just so funny. grin
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 11:19am On Jun 25, 2010
@poster
INFACT YOU TOO MUCH.WE PREFER YOUR OWN DICTIONARY TO THAT OF WOLE SOYINKA.KEEP IT UP JO.we dey feel you.tank God you dont yakubulize dis glorious opportunity to bring out your star on nairaland.dont worry i will try and make that word part of my word in addresing people and it will soon be know to many especially here amoung my frnds
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 11:21am On Jun 25, 2010
i must paste this on my facebook account.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by joeswatch: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2010
I hope and pray dat we guys will not YAKUBUED , if not,
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Princegemini(m): 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2010
God bless me and my family,
pls do not kaitalise our hope of entering heaven,
And above all, yakubu any enemy on ma way.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by alanbolo(m): 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2010
Princegemini:

God bless me and my family,
pls do not kaitalise our hope of entering heaven,
And above all, yakubu any enemy on ma way.

Pls pray fervently that your enemies should not Turai U.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Drkul(f): 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2010
Guys easy o dat's my in-law u're kaitarising.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ivynwa(f): 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2010
I no dey follow you guys understand the rules of football well well even though I enjoy football game when I make out time for it. Wetin come pain me today be say i watched the Ivoriens and the koreans play this afternoon and after getting all excited and (making inyanga in the lunch room at my place of work) that an African team is finally restoring the glory of Africa, person come tell me say Cote d' ivoire still no qualify.
So all those beautiful goals are for nothing? Can somebody say something that can comfort me here because I no follow find that funny.
Drogba did us proud, he understands the mathematics of football and knows the angle to take his headings. I was proud of them and at one point in time he was being attacked by two koreans yet he steadied the ball for some minutes "like the king of football that he is", quickly did his calculations and found an escape route.
Even when they did not qualify, I am happy they still brought some of Africa's pride home. I was even wondering why all the African teams were being beaten by the Europeans and American teams if Cote d' voire can stand up to the Koreans and play them serious half field like they did today. Is it that these other teams were brow-beating the African teams or that the African teams gets some inferiority complex before these teams. All the same it's all a game and we should not take things to heart. Well done Cote d' ivoire
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by An0nimus: 1:15am On Jun 26, 2010
OXFORD pidgin ENGLISH DICTIONARY
Yakubu(v.): To dey dull when u suppose use ya head.
E.g: ''Oboy dey there dey Yakubu i don dey go house'';
''meehn, guyz jus dey Yakubu anyhow when dem see fine girl.''
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ranoscky(m): 8:33am On Jun 26, 2010
Dull moment!
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by tlops(m): 5:12pm On Jun 26, 2010
yakubu's yakubued open net opportunity has never ceased to make the swedish football news, since the swedish television has decided to show nigeria march in support for lagerback, they kept showing that "one" goal that would have made nigeria play uruguay today,
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ivynwa(f): 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2010
Oh my God, somebody get the fan and begin to fan me cos right now

I AM LOSING MY BREATH

THE GLORY OF AFRICA HAS BEEN BROUGHT HOME BY THE GHANA TEAM, Now I am loving Ghanaians and their beautiful accent triple times.

Somebody get the fan, yes fan me fan me, don't let me lose all my breath----------------w-o-o-o-o-ow--w-w-w-w-ww-w-----o-o-o-op----s-s-s-s-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Computers Will Decide Next Season’s Champions League Draw / Before You Place Another Bet, Read This / Kante Signs Five Year Contract With Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.