Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Prayers And The Nigerian National Team - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers And The Nigerian National Team (3910 Views)

God Has Not Been Answering My Prayers And Its 5years NOW.. Please What Should I / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / I Need Your Prayers And Advice; Deliverance From Near Success Syndrome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Meldrick(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2010
Oh here comes another thread by the anti-christ.

Be careful people.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by jovi: 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2010
The bible says--heaven helps those who help themselves, That is why we should all try and read and understand the Bible so that we can protect ourselves from such statements, How can they win when they did not prepare?, Its like going for an exam without studying and saying you prayed, how dumb can people get?,
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by PurestBoy(m): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2010
@Poster:

Please get a life, you don't pray to win, you only pray for God to let his will be done regarding what you're doing.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by amefi(m): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2010
jovi:

The bible says--heaven helps those who help themselves, That is why we should all try and read and understand the Bible so that we can protect ourselves from such statements, How can they win when they did not prepare?, Its like going for an exam without studying and saying you prayed, how dumb can people get?,

NO, IT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE, IT IS A MERE SAYING , BUT COULD BE ADDUCED TO SOME OTHER SCRIPTURAL VERSES LIKE, CAST YOUR BREAD UPON THE WATERS AFTER MANY DAYS YOU WILL HAVE IT( ECLLESIASTES11:1), OR THIS BOOK OF THE LAW SHALL NOT DEPART FROM YOUR MOUTH, BUT THOU SHALL MEDITATE ON IT DAY AND NIGHT AND LEARN TO OBSERVE ALL THAT IS WRITTEN THEREIN, SO THAT YOU CAN MAKE YOU WAYS PROSPEROUS AND HAVE GOOD SUCCESS (JOSHUA1:cool OR DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD AND HE SHALL GRANT THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART (PSALMS37:4), SOW SPARINGLY AND YOU WILL REAP SPARINGLY, OR BOUNTIFULLY AND REAP BOUNTIFULLY OR MANY MORE,
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by VALIDATOR: 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2010
The colonial masters who sold our people the dummy called prayer have moved on.They plan, strategize and train well for events.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by PastorOla1: 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2010
Prayer without work will produce just the same result The Nigerian National Team will always have, Remmember God can.t be UNJUST.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Osama10(m): 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2010
There is no God in football.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Mudley313: 7:30pm On Jun 29, 2010
Intercessory prayer does not work. In fact, if christians actually studied their faith's dogma they would understand why prayer can not possibly work.

Does it make sense to believe that an all-knowing, all-powerful and all benevolent god has to be reminded that their followers need help?

Christians believe that god has a divine plan for everyone so praying is pointless. This means that if god has everything planned out then things are going to happen the way God planned it, whether you pray or not.

According to christian beliefs, god has a plan for us all and has our best interests at heart. So, when they pray to him they are, in effect, saying "hey God, I don't like the way you are running things and this is what I want you to do, "

Prayer does not affect outcomes anymore than animal sacrifices, astrological events, or voodoo spells. The fact that prayer never works in situations where the desired result is not already probable within reason, is either proof that prayer does not work at all or that "God" is limited in power.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2010
@ Poster- Fool what is ur point exactly, I will direct you to JOS section that's where u belong, Nama hausa !
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by mamagee3(f): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2010
Heavens help those who help themselves.

Yakubu missed a golden goal even when the ball was at his feet.

Was he waiting for Jesus to come down from heaven and kick the ball into the net? undecided
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by kobikwelu(m): 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2010
the above post is just a microcosm of the Nigerian situation,

we are a very religious nation yet, sin is more here, poverty is glaring

abeggiiii
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Image123(m): 11:06pm On Jun 29, 2010
mamagee
Methinks if truly the super eagles were praying (a thing I so much doubt), well yakubu was not in agreement with the prayer. He was nonchalantly busy with his boots instead, watch the beginning of that match's 2nd half, so he's a lesson to many. hahahahaha. I wonder who they were probably praying to sha.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by mamagee3(f): 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^Yakubu and his brother Kaita should have never been in the World Cup games.

They were both a disgrace!

Now, no football fan would ever look up to Nigeria when it comes to football. . .

Trust England, few weeks from now. . .he would be pulled out from his everton club.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by kobikwelu(m): 11:40pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^Yakubu and his brother Kaita should have never been in the World Cup games.

They were both a disgrace!

Now, no football fan would ever look up to Nigeria when it comes to football. . .

Trust England, few weeks from now. . .he would be pulled out from his everton club.

move on,
life continues
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by ladej(m): 12:03am On Jun 30, 2010
kobikwelu:

move on,
life continues
exactly. hes already richer beyond his dreams from playing footie, miss or no miss
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by asunaobi(m): 1:03am On Jun 30, 2010
One thing is to pray, another thing is the will of of God to be done. Nigerian's dont pray, they command God to grant their own will to be done instead of God's will.

Here goes Nigerian prayers: In the name of God we are going to win Brazil and break all their legs even if we walk around the pitch like lazy idiots with no brain in Jesus name, Amen!   

In the name of God I am going to win this forth coming election so that I subject Nigerians to more poverty by stealing as much money as I can and bank the money abroad and moreso whenever I die may they never have a trace of the money because I prefer foreign countries to have good life than Nigerians in Jesus name, Amen!

In the name of God, I want to make millions in a short time even though I am not doing anything for income because I want to buy and drive two or more prados at the same time. I know Lord that our roads are very bad and there are a lot of hungry people around me but it doesnt matter Lord. I just want that to happen very quick in Jesus name, Amen!

If you live in Nigeria and you dont pray this way, people will see you as a negative person. The pastors in Nigeria always encourage people to claim it from God. Excuse me, claim what? God does not owe me anything, I owe God.

The favour of God is won by being humble  and pure respect for all that He Has made. We as human beings all over the world has been given everything by God to live a very sustainable life unless if people choose otherwise. Nigerians should stop wasting their time praying over what God has given them already instead of using very well to the best of their ability what God has given them.

In short, we should be praying to praise God to glorify Him for His majesty.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Kgdavid(m): 1:55am On Jun 30, 2010
most of those guys out there are adulterers, fornicators, drunks and age cheats, who are they fooling themselves they are praying to? besides i God supposed to come down and play for them? what about the south koreans? what if they also prayed though privately? or did you not also see lee young pyo kneeling, praying and in tears after the game? i guess prayers worked for him didnt they? its a mark of our societal degeneration that this made the home page
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Ranoscky(m): 6:07am On Jun 30, 2010
peeps wey go-go hell fire for here plenty O! shocked shocked shocked. . .father forgive them, for they know not what they do cry cry cry
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by NextProdigy(m): 6:35am On Jun 30, 2010
It doesnt matter what you believe, what matters is the truth of a matter, if you dont believe in gravity, if you jump from the top of a building you will fall down but if you are in space, gravity doesnt exist. Anyways, whether the team prayed or not, it was obvious they were not prepared, but that doesnt negate the efficacy of prayers. The greatest Nations of the world were grounded and founded on prayers. YOU WILL BELIEVE IN PRAYERS WHEN YOU NEED A PRAYER AND YOU KNOW YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 30, 2010
unbelievable, the Eagles were not prepared, period.

God helps those who helps themselves.

It's like praying to pass an exam you didnt study for.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Ranoscky(m): 7:36am On Jun 30, 2010
This thread na very dirty, useless, senseless, rubbish, disgustin, pathetic, moronic, oloshi, buruku, make i go on? grin
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by marvelck: 8:06am On Jun 30, 2010
TOO LATE TO SHINE,

It's our time to shine,
as our African skies are lite up with stars,
Celebrating the love of the game,
and the coming together of nations,
who bask in the euphoria of a vivacious crowd,
and surrounded by the deafening but exciting sound
of the vuvuzelas,
blown from dusk to dawn,
as teams battle among themselves,
for the coveted trophy.
and as the world cup enters it's crucial stages,
there've been so much struggles, surprises and upsets,
even fears and tears,
from an aged and spineless Italian side,
a crisis-prone and colourless French team,
and an highly rated but fearful "Three Lions",
who had so much, but gave so little.
and not to forget our own
ever woeful Nigerian Eagles,
and a disappointing Ivorien and Camerounian teams,
who failed to seize the opportunity
of a tired and wobbling European contigent,
to shine.
like the South Americans,
led by Argentina and Brazil,
who have shone like a million stars,
leaving many dazed and stunned,
with their sublime skills and determination,
to excel and be counted among the best.
This could have been our time,
on our own motherland,
to make "HISTORY"
if not for our emissaries,
who ended up misery,
and made mockery of us,
before our adversaries,
unable to do what,
even a "5 year old"
could have done so easily.
but for Ghana and South Africa,
who gave us a few to flaunt,
our story would have become history.
And as the contest get tougher,
the "real" contenders can only get stronger,
like true champions,
and with enough passion to aim higher,
and become like heroes,
and not zeroes,
like our own Eagles,
with over-bloated egos,
but with less laurels and Euros,
compares to other Eto's.
and as the rest wave their flags,
it's definitely too late to shine for the likes of Yakubus, Martins, Osazes and the Kaitas,

Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by ezyra(m): 9:20am On Jun 30, 2010
We all have the right to believe in whatever we wish to. If the Super Eagles choose to pray, that's great! Why does that bother you?

I watched them pray, but I would have thought they were asking for protection against injuries as supposed to winning.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by cliveland: 10:05am On Jun 30, 2010
@ Poster all in support of u;

Excuses, excuses, excuses. It is amusing reading the word 'superstitious' as if a belief in the efficacy of prayer is not superstitious. What a pity, all those 'prayer-hours' in churches and mosques all over the land wasted on a regular hours.
Prayers do not work - as for having faith - pastors pray everyday for Nigeria to become a decent place for its citizens to live. It has not happened yet. I assume that those pastors do not have faith.
Get real and get out there and do something positive.

hhhhmmm, its a real pity that a human being not just a naija man is posting this trash here, agreed you entitled to your opinion, that same way you should not despise others for their own belief, if you say and believe that pray does not work the Almighty God shall permanently NEVER allow it to work in any circumstances in your ignorant life, AMEN BY 1TRILLION TIMES.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by glt: 10:49am On Jun 30, 2010
POSTER, I WILL LIKE TO SAY THAT U HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED SPIRITUAL BATTLES THAT IS WHY U ARE UNDERMINING THE POWER OF PRAYERS, FOR YOUR INFORMATION, SATAN HIMSELF KNOWS THE POWER OF PRAYERS. I CAN PERCEIVE THAT SATAN THE FATHER OF ALL LIES IS LAUGHING AT YOUR IGNORANCE.
FOR YOUR PRAYERS TO BE ANSWERED, U MUST HARKEN DILIGENTLY TO THE COMMANDMENTS AND LAWS OF GOD AND OBSERVE THEM ALL, THEN YOU BEGIN TO RECEIVE ANSWERS TO YOUR PRAYERS. THE PRAYER OF A SINNER IS AN ABOMINATION BEFORE GOD. YOU MUST HAVE SHARES IN GOD'S KINGDOM (INVESTMENT) BEFORE YOU CAN RECEIVE ANY DIVIDENDS, OTHERWISE U PRAY IN VAIN AND THE DEVIL WILL PAY U THE DIVIDENDS (PAIN), READ: DEUTERONOMY 28:1-13, ISAIAH 1:19, JOSHUA 1:8, 2CHRONICLES7:14. ECCLESIASTES 11:1-6, 1THESSALONIANS 5:17, JOHN 3:16, ROMAN 3:23, 1JOHN1:8-10, HAVING READ ALL THAT, THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU, GO DOWN ON YOUR KNEELS AND START CONFESSING CHRIST AND PRAY AS THOUGH YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT, AND EXPECT GOD'S VISIT TONIGHT . GOOD LUCK.

That's just the word i know that if u believe in this it'll work cos it has work 4 some people.
Then might loose the game because God even say that we should ask BUT no in doubt and know this that the effectual fervant prayer of the righteous availeth much. Though they prayed but they never believe nor work 4 it they counted it to be the normal thing they've been prayer since and it has been working but no one complain then why now i think super eagles should check themselves 4 their loss cos my God is a faithful God who has promise to do just what He says he'll do. Let's learn 4rm this smiley
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Ranoscky(m): 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2010
To all those that say's prayer dosen't work - may it never work for u (BE U CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM) when u need 'em in JESUS name, Amen! And any1 that believes that prayer's doesn't work, also believe's that their's no HELL FIRE right?. . .GOOD!!! If u believe their's HELL, then good for u! but if u believe that their's no HELL, then, may HELL FIRE be ur portion in JESUS name, Amen!
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by asunaobi(m): 11:28pm On Jun 30, 2010
Ranoscky:

To all those that say's prayer dosen't work - may it never work for u (BE U CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM) when u need 'em in JESUS name, Amen! And any1 that believes that prayer's doesn't work, also believe's that their's no HELL FIRE right?. . .GOOD!!! If u believe their's HELL, then good for u! but if u believe that their's no HELL, then, may HELL FIRE be your portion in JESUS name, Amen!

You sound to me like somebody who is already living and languishing in HELL! For your information a lot of decent and good minded people knew long time ago that Hell do exist, NIGERIA of course!
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by manmustwac(m): 1:07am On Jul 01, 2010
Prayers don't work and prayers will never work. Goodluck Jonathon is clever enough to realize this so has decided to disband the National Team for the next two years in order to improve it.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by coschuks(m): 10:05am On Jul 01, 2010
they prayed and yakubued with south African girls, that was why their prayers didn't work.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Ranoscky(m): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2010
@Asunaobi

I been wan tell u 1 harsh word b4, but i just look say make i chill, say Na fustration dey worry u!

since u say NIGERIA na'em be d HELL, na dia me n u dey, so make we dey languish inside dey go!

i wish u happy surfering! wink
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by asunaobi(m): 2:48am On Jul 02, 2010
Ranoscky:

@Asunaobi

I been wan tell u 1 harsh word b4, but i just look say make i chill, say Na fustration dey worry u!

since u say NIGERIA na'em be d HELL, na dia me n u dey, so make we dey languish inside dey go!

i wish u happy surfering! wink

Forgive me the way I write and please do not take it too personal. I am very very frustrated, Yes! you got it right but hang on there, who wont be? Why should our leaders allow many Nigerians to deteoriate into this kind of psychiatric mess that you are in? You feel that you dine with God everytime and therefore have the right to curse people when ever they say their opinion on an issue?

I loved your wish for a happy suffering which to me is like putting a crown on my head. Let me tell you my friend, life is not easy. There is no human being on earth that is not going through one kind of suffering or the other, but for it to be a happy suffering is a big bonus, so thank you for that.

But, I still insist that you must change! I know it is not your fault, it is the system that your are born into. That not withstanding, it is still your God given right to look for ways to liberate yourself mentally and start thinking right.
Re: Prayers And The Nigerian National Team by Ranoscky(m): 9:03am On Jul 02, 2010
^^^I don't even know that u have an idea that i dine with GOD! don't worry brov, na poverty dey worry all of us but it's just that, mine is a bit fair b'cos i dine with GOD, according to u. we'll soon make it out of the surfering ok? just chill, E go better! wink ***what else do u want me to say?***

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of The Most Religious Countries In The World; Checkout Nigeria's Position / Divine Revelation || The Emergence Of The Queen Of Coast: How She Came To Be!! / Obama Was Never Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.