Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,662 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! (2517 Views)

Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates / Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2018
angry sad shocked shocked tongue
Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2018
mrcoolautofix:
I was driving last night with four 5 passengers from area 1 to mpape n untop of bergger bridge a Honda was in the middle of the speed lane with no c caution but hazard light on,

Due to that hidden details, the first venza dogged it, I am supposed to have hit the car from behind and I tilted my steering to right side and my car started tumbling from top of the bridge,

My car don't have poor headlamps so have that checked while making your analysis.

I came out with minor injuries on my hands and saw three guys that boarded my car seriously injured and we're rushed to hospital,

My car was damaged, people came to help us out, my note 3 Samsung cellphone was missing we called the number but the person who have it refused picking,

Road safety came to place c caution a distance before the car, because rights in that spot another accident was up to take place again, the driver of the car ran away, right now the both of mine car and his car is at the police station,

I need your advice on how to go about this case cos I don't know what will come up next, folks around who witness it urged me to push towards getting me another car, the car that caused this mayhem is 4 times more expensive than mine. Please i need your candid advise. .

1) Apparently your headlights were not bright enough.

2) You are following too closely just like a typical Nigerian driver. The Venza in front blocked your forward vision and you were just following along.

3) The value of the stationary vehicle has nothing to do with appropriating fault.

4) This accident is your fault. The other vehicle had a breakdown, he didn't plan to break down in the middle of the road.

If I were him and if you brought any suit then I would defend it and ask for a jury trial. Let average citizens of peers judge the circumstance. Others avoided the stationary vehicle but you didn't. Why? Did the police perform a DUI test on you?

2 Likes

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by ivoryhouse(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

1) Apparently your headlights were into bright enough.

2) You are following too closely just like a typical Nigerian driver. The Venza in front blocked your forward vision and you were just following along.

3) The value of the stationary vehicle has nothing to do with appropriating fault.

4) This accident is your fault. The other vehicle had a breakdown, he didn't plan to break down in the middle of the road.

If I were him and if you brought any suit then I would defend it and ask for a jury trial. Let average citizens of cosset judge the circumstance. Others avoided the stationary vehicle but you didn't. Why? Did the police perform an DUI test on you?

grin grin ..when last were you in Nigeria? We don't have jury system here..the car that broke down should have placed a c-caution to alert drivers but Abuja drivers are the most dangerous in Nigeria, and perhaps the whole of Africa. Unfortunately, I'm not sure any of the cars involved has comprehensive insurance.. I advise the op to cash out on the other driver's 3rd party insurance, if it is genuine, then settle with the other driver if the insurance pay out isn't sufficient to fix or replace the car

1 Like

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by ThatErha: 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
Plenty story.
No pictures.
Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
ivoryhouse:

grin grin ..when last were you in Nigeria? We don't have jury system here..the car that broke down should have placed a c-caution to alert drivers but Abuja drivers are the most dangerous in Nigeria, and perhaps the whole of Africa. Unfortunately, I'm not sure any of the cars involved has comprehensive insurance.. I advise the op to cash out on the other driver's 3rd party insurance, if it is genuine, then settle with the other driver if the insurance pay out isn't sufficient to fix or replace the car

I’m in Nigeria at least four months of the year. Thankfully I don’t sample the legal system.

There’s a prudent amount of time necessary between a breakdown and getting the c caution out.

C caution or not, an attentive driver should be able to avoid a broken down vehicle. The Venza ahead of him did.

3 Likes

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by ivoryhouse(m): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I’m in Nigeria at least four months of the year. Thankfully I don’t sample the legal system.

There’s a prudent amount of time necessary between a breakdown and getting the c caution out.

C caution or not, an attentive driver should be able to avoid a broken down vehicle. The Venza ahead of him did.

I'm actually almost completely in agreement with you..Abuja is a dangerous city to live in due to it's many untrained drivers..my point is that the man may be able to get the defaulting driver to pay him

1 Like

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by mrcoolautofix(m): 7:06am On Aug 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

1) Apparently your headlights were not bright enough.

If I were him and if you brought any suit then I would defend it and ask for a jury trial. Let average citizens of peers judge the circumstance. Others avoided the stationary vehicle but you didn't. Why? Did the police perform an DUI test on you?

Sorry to say that you sound totaly clueless, you have no previous expirience driving at night, you have not technical analyses to address this issues, you are completely off,

The first thing first, you have no information on my kind of headlamp and you just jumped into conclution that i was at fault, ,

If the car didnt park at the speed lane slop, the will be no casualties or damage to my car,

You have no previous knoledge about road sign, at this point i am sure you are not a driver, cos your daftness conclution is not illogical,

As the matter of fact road safety and police investigation came on board place a c caution at the scene to prevent more acidrnt from taking place, the person whoms car was in the middle of the road was a friend to a senior barister,

If i had colide with that car parked at the midfle of the road, the chances of me and five life suvival will be 5 %

Before i go, did you know anything about car? Driving at 80 to 90 at 8 :30pm?

Did you know anyrhing about headlamp and the best grades?

Did you know the penalty of leaving your faulty car in the middle of the speed lane without c caution placed 20 mitres distance before your car?

Have you ever by your skill or driving make a gorgement at a critical moment that either save or tale life?

If no, you have no audacity to vomit any rubish you excreted over this place,

I needed inteligent advice onnchoice to make not display of illitracy andvfoolishness

1 Like

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by mrcoolautofix(m): 7:19am On Aug 15, 2018
ivoryhouse:

You said it all bro you i will post my car pictures later including number plate,
Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by radautoworks: 7:31am On Aug 15, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

Sorry to say that you sound totaly clueless, you have no previous expirience driving at night, you have not technical analyses to address this issues, you are completely off,

The first thing first, you have no information on my kind of headlamp and you just jumped into conclution that i was at fault, ,

If the car didnt park at the speed lane slop, the will be no casualties or damage to my car,

You have no previous knoledge about road sign, at this point i am sure you are not a driver, cos your daftness conclution is not illogical,

As the matter of fact road safety and police investigation came on board place a c caution at the scene to prevent more acidrnt from taking place, the person whoms car was in the middle of the road was a friend to a senior barister,

If i had colide with that car parked at the midfle of the road, the chances of me and five life suvival will be 5 %

Did you know the penalty of leaving your faulty car in the middle of the speed lane without c caution placed 20 mitres distance before your car?

Have you ever by your skill or driving make a gorgement at a critical moment that either save or tale life?

I needed inteligent advice onnchoice to make not display of illitracy andvfoolishness

Yeah, now we are really sympathetic to your case. Ever hear of defensive driving?

no c caution but hazard light on,

How do you not see that? YOU. HIT. THE. OTHER. CAR. FROM. THE. REAR. WHEN. IT. WAS. STATIONARY. Please don't try to blame your headlight.

You were going fast, you didn't see the other car in time to compensate plain and simple. You had 5 PASSENGERS in your car and should definitely have been driving now carefully. Yes, the car was parked in the speed lane but he DID have his hazards on according to you. Would you have been able to push your car out of the speed lane alone? He did the best he could given what little we know about the circumstances. How many countries do you know that still use c caution?

To answer your original question, I think you should take the L and move on. If I was one of your passengers, you'd definitely be paying me some money just sayin'.

1 Like

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by radautoworks: 7:37am On Aug 15, 2018
ivoryhouse:

I'm actually almost completely in agreement with you..Abuja is a dangerous city to live in due to it's many untrained drivers..my point is that the man may be able to get the defaulting driver to pay him

I'm not seeing where the other driver defaulted
Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by ivoryhouse(m): 8:32am On Aug 15, 2018
radautoworks:

I'm not seeing where the other driver defaulted

He didn't place any warning sign for other road users to warn them of a breakdown so he caused an obstruction which resulted in a crash. His car will be impounded and perhaps he may pay for the damages..may[i][/i]..
Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by radautoworks: 8:43am On Aug 15, 2018
ivoryhouse:

He didn't place any warning sign for other road users to warn them of a breakdown so he caused an obstruction which resulted in a crash. His car will be impounded and perhaps he may pay for the damages..may[i][/i]..

He had his hazards on and in most countries that's enough because who really has c caution or triangles any more? They don't even put them in cars nowadays
For all we know, he went to seek help. I guess what I'm asking is had your been in the guy's shoes, what would you have done?

Also, OP collided with a stationary object. There's no changing that. What if it had been a tree that fell across the road? Would your opinion change?

3 Likes

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by diportivo: 8:52am On Aug 15, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

the irony of the bolded grin grin

let's assume that,with all ur claim of being learned and all,you av a comprehensive insurance taken out on ur car,u won't be here looking for solution

stuff can happen at anytime,hence the need for insurance

that being said,it's between you and the other driver....and I'm sorry,you guys will argue back and forth so much so that each one will eventually go and fix his car

you jam motor for back,na ur fault....as in,u blind ni..

your third party insurance is even for u to fix the other car grin

where are the pictures tho undecided

2 Likes

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by ivoryhouse(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

Oh my, I'm just seeing this. Oga, there's really no need for you to insult anyone. If the driver of the other car had left their hazards on, then you should have avoided the accident, unless you were driving at a high speed or you were following the Toyota Venza really close. You may try your luck and see if the owner will pity you and offset some of your expenses, but remember if you HIT him from behind, you're at fault already. You came here to seek advise and I advise you take all opinions with humility. Goodluck
Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by radautoworks: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Oh my, I'm just seeing this. Oga, there's really no need for you to insult anyone. If the driver of the other car had left their hazards on, then you should have avoided the accident, unless you were driving at a high speed or you were following the Toyota Venza really close. You may try your luck and see if the owner will pity you and offset some of your expenses, but remember if you HIT him from behind, you're at fault already. You came here to seek advise and I advise you take all opinions with humility. Goodluck

Welcome to the dark side grin

Actually, re-reading (which I had to do a lot), seems he avoided rear ending the car by flipping his car and sending three of his passengers to the hospital with serious injuries.. so I'm even more confused about who the other party is that is supposed to pay for this.
Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

I’ve probably been driving before you were born. And on many continents too.

In any case I’m not the dunce that crashed his piece of shyte car grin

I wish I could get this admittance of fault that you typed into the hands of the insurance of the other guy.

An ungainly CUV avoided the vehicle but you Mr. Expert car driver couldn’t grin

5 Likes

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
ivoryhouse:

You keep saying this c caution stuff.

Isn’t there a certain amount of time between when the car stopped and when he’ll get the c caution out?

He’s admitted now to doing 90mph at 830pm. In Nigeria? shocked

Even I don’t even drive that fast during the day here.

This is not an issue of c caution but of an inept and inattentive amateur driver.

1 Like

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by asamwababy: 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2018
You are clearly at fault sir.

If this is how you will be flipping over your vehicle at the site of stationary vehicles in the middle of the road then we might as well give you the Mr Flip it title.

You were just to close to that Venza.

If you had maintained a reasonable speed and space with the vehicle in front then the worst that would have happened would have been a light rear impact.

Once again the broken down car didn't tell you to flip yours.

3 Likes

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by dasphinx1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I’ve probably been driving before you were born. And on many continents too.

In any case I’m not the dunce that crashed his piece of shyte car grin

I wish I could get this admittance of fault that you typed into the hands of the insurance of the other guy.

An ungainly CUV avoided the vehicle but you Mr. Expert car driver couldn’t grin

Chai!! Egbon Egun, you aint nice sha grin

1 Like

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by diportivo: 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2018
radautoworks:

Welcome to the dark side grin

Actually, re-reading (which I had to do a lot), seems he avoided rear ending the car by flipping his car and sending three of his passengers to the hospital with serious injuries.. so I'm even more confused about who the other party is that is supposed to pay for this.

tell him!!!

2 Likes

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by Originalsly: 4:45am On Aug 16, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

Due to that hidden details, the first venza dogged it, I am supposed to have hit the car from behind and I tilted my steering to right side and my car started tumbling from top of the bridge,

Do you have a driver licence?....did you get it legally? Your licence should be revoked...you charged for reckless driving and thrown in jail...then sentenced to prison. On release..you shouldn't be seen in or near to a car. It is arrogant, ignorant and reckless people like you that be causing carnage on the roads. Thank God for bad roads..or the carnage would be worse with ignoramus like you behind the wheels. I just hope the injured would get their hands on this your statement/thread and use it in a court to get whatever compensation they can from you.

My advice.....go to the Police as soon as possible. ... make a report of the accident...tell them exactly what you told us... make it very clear he had no c caution sign but the hazard lights were on..., they will know what to do.

3 Likes

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by radautoworks: 5:04am On Aug 16, 2018
Originalsly:

Do you have a driver licence?....did you get it legally? Your licence should be revoked...you charged for reckless driving and thrown in jail...then sentenced to prison. On release..you shouldn't be seen in or near to a car. It is arrogant, ignorant and reckless people like you that be causing carnage on the roads. Thank God for bad roads..or the carnage would be worse with ignoramus like you behind the wheels. I just hope the injured would get their hands on this your statement/thread and use it in a court to get whatever compensation they can from you.

My advice.....go to the Police as soon as possible. ... make a report of the accident...tell them exactly what you told us... make it very clear he had no c caution sign but the hazard lights were on..., they will know what to do.

Quiet but mighty smiley

1 Like

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by VillagePipu: 2:49am On Aug 17, 2018
Originalsly:

OP, sorry for your crash, I hope you and the other injured passengers get well soon.

If you follow the advice of the gentleman I quoted, I can assure you that you'll decamp to prison.

@originalsly, you must be a senior member of the village people. You wan ruin that guy?
I just hope it's not what he wrote here that he wrote in his statement to the police.

1 Like

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by Originalsly: 4:49am On Aug 17, 2018
VillagePipu:

@originalsly, you must be a senior member of the village people. You wan ruin that guy?
I just hope it's not what he wrote here that he wrote in his statement to the police.

The guy is refusing to see how he is wrong . He learned nothing . As a helpful guy....I am just trying to help him along the path he chose...the path to self ruin.

1 Like

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by mrcoolautofix(m): 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
Originalsly:

the police cant be as stupid useless, heartless, worthless as you are, if you must know road safety corps, police and lawyers are involved in the case too, an guess what your ass is the only thing that was roasted like a corn over there.. fool!
Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by mrcoolautofix(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Originalsly:

since you did't see anything wrong with someone leaving his car in the middle of the speed lane, you will face the same situation my prayer is that you should be alive after the incident to live the rest of your life in jail.
Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by AceRoyal: 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

since you did't see anything wrong with someone leaving his car in the middle of the speed lane, you will face the same situation my prayer is that you should be alive after the incident to live the rest of your life in jail.
Highest he'll be charged with is not having a C caution sign in his car. As long as he had his "HAZARD" lights on, he'll go scout free with just a fine.
You on the other hand will be charged with reckless driving amongst other charges that will/might be brought against you by the passengers/Police. Aside jail term and monetary expenses you'll incure, you might lose your license.
You were wrong, for your car to flip over means you were probably doing 100km/h and above, and also driving so close to the car in front of you that it didn't give you adequate response time.
If you take up this case with the other driver, you'll LOSE! Better cut your loses and move on. Or appeal to him for some form of financial assistance based on empathy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by radautoworks: 2:11am On Aug 18, 2018
AceRoyal:

Highest he'll be charged with is not having a C caution sign in his car. As long as he had his "HAZARD" lights on, he'll go scout free with just a fine.
You on the other hand will be charged with reckless driving amongst other charges that will/might be brought against you by the passengers/Police. Aside jail term and monetary expenses you'll incure, you might lose your license.
You were wrong, for your car to flip over means you were probably doing 100km/h and above, and also driving so close to the car in front of you that it didn't give you adequate response time.
If you take up this case with the other driver, you'll LOSE! Better cut your loses and move on. Or appeal to him for some form of financial assistance based on empathy.

Amen.

And maybe stop being a douche when people don't tell you what you want to hear. It's not like they came looking for you. You put it out there asking for opinions. You were told gege-ly first, you came back with insults then got more offended when you got rudeness in return! EVERY SINGLE PERSON HAS TOLD YOU IT WAS YOUR FAULT. Either we're all dunces or you could learn something from this.

If you don't want to hear the truth, simply don't read the thread!!

2 Likes

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by radautoworks: 2:13am On Aug 18, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

Dude. What is your problem?

1 Like

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by radautoworks: 2:17am On Aug 18, 2018
Actually all, never mind. This explains a lot https://www.nairaland.com/4560502/best-oil-cars-nigeria-under
Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:06am On Aug 18, 2018
op, u are just like the majority of car owners in Abuja......

learners........ infact I wonder how u guys get licensed.

I'm sure u were racing the venza with ur car so u can come sometime in future to brag about it. but the venza played a very smart one on u...... if ur headlamps are standard, u gave the Venza a safe following distance, ur brakes were functional and ur suspension parts are in top shape then I don't even see how this thread would exist.

as for me, i see nothing wrong with the broken down vehicle, all I see is u trying to extort the owner because the car looks new, flashy and expensive like u earlier informed us.

hope u have paid the bill of those ones u risked their lives with ur need for speed unlimited.........

just hope u learnt something from this experience, cos it'll be damn sad if after all these, the only lesson learnt is "if u r going to have an accident, make sure there is a flashy car around to pass on the blame"

5 Likes

Re: When your car becomes a drinker, and your gf Sugarcane addict! by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:15am On Aug 18, 2018
mrcoolautofix:
I was driving last night with four 5 passengers from area 1 to mpape n untop of bergger bridge a Honda was in the middle of the speed lane with no c caution but hazard light on,

My car don't have poor headlamps so have that checked while making your analysis.

I came out with minor injuries on my hands and saw three guys that boarded my car seriously injured and we're rushed to hospital,

My car was damaged, people came to help us out, my note 3 Samsung cellphone was missing we called the number but the person who have it refused picking,

Road safety came to place c caution a distance before the car, because rights in that spot another accident was up to take place again, the driver of the car ran away, right now the both of mine car and his car is at the police station,

I need your advice on how to go about this case cos I don't know what will come up next, folks around who witness it urged me to push towards getting me another car, the car that caused this mayhem is 4 times more expensive than mine. Please i need your candid advise. .

oga tell us the truth, no policeman here....
u take something shey?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Car Dealer Is A Scammer / Justin Bieber’s Custom Rolls Royce: Futuristic Hit Or Miss? / Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.