Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination (49064 Views)

Top Ten Institutions Chosen As First Choice By Candidates In 2018 UTME / Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Proflere: 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2018
damosky12:
hmm. These jambites are naive o. How would you choose Unilorin over the University of first choice and the Nations pride; UNILAG?
You don't understand;the lower the number of applicants, the higher the risk of not getting admission in UNILAG. UI, OAU and UNILAG got lower applicants because students are aware of the extra fight needed to be considered if at all you are going to even sit for their exams.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Lilimax(f): 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2018
Humility017:
I know UNIBEN will be there.proudly UNIBEST.
Yes! My Alma Mata. #unibest smiley
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by boyfwend(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
Why I'm i seeing mostly north and west been rake as the first and second? how about south east and south south institutions?
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by enonche85(m): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2018
hyfr:
Unizik with 48000+ students when they won’t even take up to 8000... quick question is what will the 40k+ students do?.
Education is overrated

They will write jamb nxt year again.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by yumubelek(m): 10:50pm On Sep 01, 2018
Jabarzee:

mothernize secondary school

What's the name of your school and do you have pedigree?
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by qanda: 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ok
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
slawomir:
where is auchi polytechnic?
anyway am not surprise about that of Uniben
because even the crowd when come write jupeb exam for Uniben today too plenty.

so no body want learn work again
every body want go school

hmm. isokay
mehn fine fine girls everywhere for ict center. I collect one number sef grin
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Drabrah(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
It's not surprising dat we're always at d top. We're Better By Far.
If u know u know
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
Lilimax:
Yes! My Alma Mata. #unibest smiley
u suppose don old by now grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by sarcasticdude(m): 12:38am On Sep 02, 2018
An observer with a keen eye,will notice that those costly UNI such as covenant,afe babalola,babcock,bowen et al did not even make this LIST!! So u can understand my befuddlement when some says there're the best
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 2:03am On Sep 02, 2018
wow!

Quite funny how some people now celebrate their universities for making the list! In another words,this is now one of the criteria in ranking universities.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by DonroxyII: 2:14am On Sep 02, 2018
abokibuhari:
Proud of my UNILORIN grin
Na dem dey rush us .... No be small ooo 86k .... To enter no be beans , to grad no be beans too !!
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by tijehi(f): 5:09am On Sep 02, 2018
damosky12:
hmm. These jambites are naive o. How would you choose Unilorin over the University of first choice and the Nations pride; UNILAG?

Heard so much about unilag, was so happy when I got admitted to study for a master degree......alas, the best lecturers that taught me there, were the ones on sabbatical from UI and OAU. The real unilag lecturer....hiann, let me not start...anyways was so disappointed at the end of the day......the school wasn't what I expected.

So that school of first choice....na massive wash.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by sykeng(m): 5:21am On Sep 02, 2018
oluwaseyi000:

the reality is that Nigeria population is far overboard, far more than resources and infrastructure, note that most northerners don't go to school if they do some schools will have almost half-a-million applicants; please don't mention corruption even China and Indian are among world poorest due to huge population. we seriously need a strong and effective birth control and China-like one-child policy will be a good starting point

Birth control? when the north are given birth as if their life depend on it.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by omoelerin1: 5:45am On Sep 02, 2018
oluwaseyi000:

the reality is that Nigeria population is far overboard, far more than resources and infrastructure, note that most northerners don't go to school if they do some schools will have almost half-a-million applicants; please don't mention corruption even China and Indian are among world poorest due to huge population. we seriously need a strong and effective birth control and China-like one-child policy will be a good starting point

And the dullard president we have believes Nigerian youths are lazy, they don't want to go to school, all they want is free money; since Nigeria is an oil producing country.
If he is a someone who is academically sound and intelligent, he ought to be aware of this.
About 1.5 million candidates sit for JAMB annually in which more than 60% passed. And the total number of the candidates which all the Nigerian higher institutions both university and polytechnic can admit is not more than 150, 000. But he is not aware of this fact.
Nigeria is already suffering from over population basically because the rate of our economic and infrastructural development is not at par with our population growth.
Unfortunately, we don't have competent leaders in Nigeria. Govt lacks good planing policies. Which is the bane of our development.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by omoelerin1: 6:01am On Sep 02, 2018
Jabarzee:

mothernize secondary school
'mothernize' indeed. This shows the one you attended is a very standard one.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by qanda: 7:42am On Sep 02, 2018
Unilorin my Alma mater.

Have you heard about Q and A App - A platform for sourcing study materials and Past Questions and Answers for Job Test, Professional Exams and Career resources. Most of the available materials are free- including WAEC, NECO, JAMB, NABTEB and POST UTME Resources.

Q and A App – New Resources Alert
-KPMG Job Test Questions and Answers
-NLNG Job Test Questions and Answers
-Total Petroleum Job Test Questions and Answers
Don’t have Q and A App installed on your phone yet? – don’t be left out.
Download Q and A App from Playstore
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by damosky12(m): 8:13am On Sep 02, 2018
tijehi:

Heard so much about unilag, was so happy when I got admitted to study for a master degree......alas, the best lecturers that taught me there, were the ones on sabbatical from UI and OAU. The real unilag lecturer....hiann, let me not start...anyways was so disappointed at the end of the day......the school wasn't what I expected.

The quality of UNILAG is not confined to your experiences there...

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by NNAMDIII(m): 8:26am On Sep 02, 2018
Proud to be a Lion

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by psalmmycapo(m): 9:16am On Sep 02, 2018
old record thats from the 27th of june as for the post ume only 38k wrote for unilorin
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

This is one of the reason why I like UNIBEN, even though I graduated from UNILAG. Using catchment area is a pure discrimination, there is a certain University in the Southwest that discriminates when it comes to admitting graduates for Direct entry from certain polytechnics/colleges of education.

Unilag? Lol
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by ADMAF(m): 10:02am On Sep 02, 2018
tijehi:

Lol. I don't know why ppl argue with the fact that UI is by far the best Uni in Nigeria. It is the only Nigerian Uni in the top 1000 in the world. There is more than 800 unis between UI and the next uni on any of the world uni rankings including Time Uni and webometrics rankings. Please, try to crosscheck my figures first before coming to nairaland to argue. Thank u
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Cation(m): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2018
MTN SME data .....Its fast and reliable with 90days validity.

1 gig @ #750

2 gig @ #1350

3 gig @ #2100

5 gig @ #3200

Contact me on whatsapp, sms or phone call zero eight one three eight seven two five five three eight. Your data starts working after transfer is received.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by genepury(m): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2018
you4me:
Greatest abusites to be,welcome in advance,to the home of intellects.
guy, are u a student of Abu?
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by AYFikayomi: 11:34am On Sep 02, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

This is one of the reason why I like UNIBEN, even though I graduated from UNILAG. Using catchment area is a pure discrimination, there is a certain University in the Southwest that discriminates when it comes

Are you kidding, It's common Knowledge that Uniben uses Catchment area for their admission as well. So I wonder what you mean.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by odigbosky(m): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2018
slawomir:
where is auchi polytechnic?
anyway am not surprise about that of Uniben
because even the crowd when come write jupeb exam for Uniben today too plenty.

so no body want learn work again
every body want go school

hmm. isokay

You know say Auchi own fit reach like 30,000 people both morning and spat. Uniben no b skool jare...dem just dy admit pple any how
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
AYFikayomi:

Are you kidding, It's common Knowledge that Uniben uses Catchment area for their admission as well. So I wonder what you mean.
Uniben don't use catchment area. It is what I know. I have guys that graduated from that school they were never from South-South they got admission on merit.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by kowalsky: 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2018
oluwaseyi000:

China is not poor.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Ugosample(m): 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2018
tijehi:

which dept?

university of Lagos is actually a good school, one of the best in the country

especially at undergraduate level.

it's just that the thing varies from dept to dept

But in General, it's a very good school

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Ugosample(m): 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
omoelerin1:
And the dullard president we have believes Nigerian youths are lazy, they don't want to go to school, all they want is free money; since Nigeria is an oil producing country.
If he is a someone who is academically sound and intelligent, he ought to be aware of this.
About 1.5 million candidates sit for JAMB annually in which more than 60% passed. And the total number of the candidates which all the Nigerian higher institutions both university and polytechnic can admit is not more than 150, 000. But he is not aware of this fact.
Nigeria is already suffering from over population basically because the rate of our economic and infrastructural development is not at par with our population growth.
Unfortunately, we don't have competent leaders in Nigeria. Govt lacks good planing policies. Which is the bane of our development.

The population growth rate needs to be arrested

That's the main danger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I.G Yusuf: "Mercy And Her Boyfriend Kidnapped And Humiliated Me" / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola / Nigerian Representatives At Indonesia 2017 World School Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.