Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination (49062 Views)

Top Ten Institutions Chosen As First Choice By Candidates In 2018 UTME / Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Ugosample(m): 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
ADMAF:

Lol. I don't know why ppl argue with the fact that UI is by far the best Uni in Nigeria. It is the only Nigerian Uni in the top 1000 in the world. There is more than 800 unis between UI and the next uni on any of the world uni rankings including Time Uni and webometrics rankings. Please, try to crosscheck my figures first before coming to nairaland to argue. Thank u

That's a fact that no one can argue

But saying Unlilag na wash is a ridiculous statement
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by ADMAF(m): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2018
Ugosample:

That's a fact that no one can argue

But saying Unlilag na wash is a ridiculous statement
I didn't say that. To be honest, UNILAG retains its reputation in post graduate education but in my personal opinion,there is a need to rediscover that magic wand that helped it rank consistently in the top 3. Same goes for OAU, I think.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
Yes
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Findschoolnews: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2018
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by AYFikayomi: 2:26pm On Sep 02, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Uniben don't use catchment area. It is what I know.

They do

https://www.nairaland.com/2073989/nigerian-universities-catchment-areas-states

I have guys that graduated from that school they were never from South-South they got admission on merit

And you can't say the same about UniLag? You think all Akokites are from the South West?
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2018
AYFikayomi:

They do

And you can't say the same about UniLag? You think all Akokites are from the South West?
Unilag considers catchment area in their merit lists while, Uniben do not consider catchment in their merit lists. It is what I know. Many students were admitted through the merit list just because they are from Southwest. Cut off would be 65, a guy from Oyo or Lagos that got 62 would be considered just because the cutoff for the catchment area is 61, while a student from non-Southwestern state that got the same score (62) won't be considered.
Catchment area should be stopped in all Nigerian universities, it is nonsense.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by JeogahII(m): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2018
Unijos our Unijos! Good luck to all Unijos applicants. Once a jossite always a josite!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by oofjm: 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2018
JeogahII:
Unijos our Unijos! Good luck to all Unijos applicants. Once a jossite always a josite!
I tell you,we dt talk too much...is only he who goes to this school that will know the thick and thin.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Shikena(m): 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2018
tijehi:

Heard so much about unilag, was so happy when I got admitted to study for a master degree......alas, the best lecturers that taught me there, were the ones on sabbatical from UI and OAU. The real unilag lecturer....hiann, let me not start...anyways was so disappointed at the end of the day......the school wasn't what I expected.

So that school of first choice....na massive wash.
It is disappointing that someone with a bachelor's and master's degree would indulge in this kind of skewed conclusion. Your experience was in a single department and you think that defines a university? Really?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Shikena(m): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2018
ADMAF:

Lol. I don't know why ppl argue with the fact that UI is by far the best Uni in Nigeria. It is the only Nigerian Uni in the top 1000 in the world. There is more than 800 unis between UI and the next uni on any of the world uni rankings including Time Uni and webometrics rankings. Please, try to crosscheck my figures first before coming to nairaland to argue. Thank u
Please stop quoting those useless online rankings. Nobody takes them serious outside the third world. Have you ever seen their ranking criteria? Can any of them tell you which Engineering program is better between OAU and Unilorin, for example? Can they give you the ranking of UI medicine vs UNILAG medicine? There is no university ranking in Nigeria. Universities are not high schools and ranking them goes far beyond searching for research publications on the web or checking quality of their websites.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Unilag considers catchment area in their merit lists while, Uniben do not consider catchment in their merit lists . It is what I know. Many students were admitted through the merit list just because they are from Southwest. Cut off would be 65, a guy from Oyo or Lagos that got 62 would be considered just because the cutoff for the catchment area is 61, while a student from non-Southwestern state that got the same score (62) won't be considered.
Catchment area should be stopped in all Nigerian universities, it is nonsense.
check your bolded. you are not right. my name came out on merit list tho I didn't make the cut off yet still I was admitted on first batch cos I'm from Delta which is under uniben's catchment

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2018
[quote author=AYFikayomi post=70835660]

They do

[/quote ] don't mind that that ITK. I'm in uniben, my aggregate didn't make up my course' cut off, yet i was admitted on first batch cos I'm Deltan.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
check your bolded. you are not right. my name came out on merit list tho I didn't make the cut off yet still I was admitted on first batch cos I'm from Delta which is under uniben's catchment
Really! Then I give up on all govt owned universities in Nigeria. Catchment area should be stopped. Because when I had admission into Unilag in a 2010, guys that entered Uniben, were picked on merit in their first list, catchment wasn't used back then. Policies do change.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Really! Then I give up on all govt owned universities in Nigeria. Catchment area should be stopped. Because when I had admission into Unilag in a 2010, guys that entered Uniben, were picked on merit in their first list, catchment wasn't used back then. Policies do change.
you don already graduate ni. no allow make e bother u.
only UI and UNIPORT don't use catchment
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by ADMAF(m): 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
Shikena:

Please stop quoting those useless online rankings. Nobody takes them serious outside the third world. Have you ever seen their ranking criteria? Can any of them tell you which Engineering program is better between OAU and Unilorin, for example? Can they give you the ranking of UI medicine vs UNILAG medicine? There is no university ranking in Nigeria. Universities are not high schools and ranking them goes far beyond searching for research publications on the web or checking quality of their websites.
Well, Times higher rankings is the most reputable higher education ranking body in the world.you may like to cross check that fact again. You can also take a bit of time to check its ranking criteria b4 u just conclude.The ranking criteria is diverse and consistent
The only controversial one is webometrics because it's believed it considers only online presence but it has also greatly widened it's scope. Thank you
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
you don already graduate ni. no allow make e bother u.
only UI and UNIPORT don't use catchment
That is true sha.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Shikena(m): 2:06am On Sep 03, 2018
ADMAF:

Well, Times higher rankings is the most reputable higher education ranking body in the world.you may like to cross check that fact again. You can also take a bit of time to check its ranking criteria b4 u just conclude.The ranking criteria is diverse and consistent
The only controversial one is webometrics because it's believed it considers only online presence but it has also greatly widened it's scope. Thank you
Dude, Times Higher Ranking may be reputable but it has no reliable data on Nigerian universities. I see their ranking criteria listing teaching, research, citations, industry income and international outlook but can you see anywhere there where you can compare the data for UI vs OAU, for example? Sorry I did not see any diversity or consistency. I see unreliable data that gives me no real information for Nigerian universities no matter how I try to slice and dice it. We love fooling ourselves, there is no reputable higher education ranking for Nigerian universities. They simply do not have the data or resources to gather reliable data to rank Nigerian universities. It is as simple as that. Even for now your NUC can only accredit individual courses not rank the universities.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Findschoolnews: 9:05am On Sep 03, 2018
nice
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Lilimax(f): 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
u suppose don old by now grin
Huh? undecided angry
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by HigherEd: 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
sarcasticdude:
An observer with a keen eye,will notice that those costly UNI such as covenant,afe babalola,babcock,bowen et al did not even make this LIST!! So u can understand my befuddlement when some says there're the best
Sule how many people do ypu think can afford Covenant or abuad
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Lilimax:
Huh? undecided angry
which year did you grad?
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by CodeTemplar: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
sarcasticdude:
An observer with a keen eye,will notice that those costly UNI such as covenant,afe babalola,babcock,bowen et al did not even make this LIST!! So u can understand my befuddlement when some says there're the best
The highest jamb scorer this year is heading for a private university. Keep talking like a kid there. By the way how much does govt spend on the public university grads?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by HigherEd: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The highest jamb scorer this year is heading for a private university. Keep talking like a kid there. By the way how much does govt spend on the public university grads?
Tell the sule
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by dalexz4(m): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Findschoolnews: 9:44am On Nov 29, 2018
Na so
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 29, 2018
hyfr:
Unizik with 48000+ students when they won’t even take up to 8000... quick question is what will the 40k+ students do?.
Education is overrated
Admitting 8000 is too much. The lecturer student ratio is poor
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 29, 2018
Humility017:
I know UNIBEN will be there.proudly UNIBEST.
Unistress I suppose
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 29, 2018
damosky12:
hmm. These jambites are naive o. How would you choose Unilorin over the University of first choice and the Nations pride; UNILAG?
Uniilorin is chosen by many jambite because of stable academic calendar.
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Findschoolnews: 1:01am On Dec 01, 2018
asuustrike1:

Unistress I suppose
noted unistress
Re: Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination by Kayprincefav: 10:26pm On May 23, 2021
COEWAKABIU Admission List for 2020/2021 Academic Session - 1st & 2nd Batch

This is to inform prospective candidates that the authorities of the College of Education Waka-Biu (COEWAKABIU) has released the list of candidates offered provisional admission into its various programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.

How to Check COEWAKABIU Admission List

College of Education Waka-Biu (COEWAKABIU) prospective students can check their admission status from the list of names which has been posted on the notice board within the school premises.

Candidates can also check their admission status on the JAMB admission status checking portal
Read more here [https://www.latestadmissionnews.com.ng/coewakabiu-admission-list-for-2020-2021-academic-session-1st-2nd-batch/]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I.G Yusuf: "Mercy And Her Boyfriend Kidnapped And Humiliated Me" / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola / Nigerian Representatives At Indonesia 2017 World School Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.