Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Victor Moses Retires From International Football - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Moses Retires From International Football (54598 Views)

Victor Moses Is Still Playing For Spartak Moscow In Russia / Ahmed Musa Reacts As Victor Moses Retires From Super Eagles / Javier Mascherano Retires From International Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by monaPhilz: 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
NgwaManNaija4LF:
Hope he can make an impact in China where they needed him most.

For us over here, we don't miss him..no single goal from world cup.
penalty issa goal, goal.
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by PHILipu1(m): 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
Forget his football age. Moses is almost 40 years old and he knows that he can no longer meet up again.
How old are Ronaldo and Messi that are still playing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by vascey(m): 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
Catalyst4real:
What a fool! He's just 27

We really need to start focusing on home based players, these half casts are only joining super eagles to gain popularity.
We do so well in U-17. But when it comes to super eagles, we start looking for bench warmers who want to use the national team to prove to their club that they're good enough. Or players in small teams who want to catch the eyes of big clubs.

I'm almost 100% sure that if we manage to qualify for the next world cup. This guy will come out of nowhere and asked to be selected

Victor Moses has done great things for his country. He's taking the road less travelled by making room for younger players, something our leaders struggle to do. He should be celebrated and thanked for choosing to represent a country which did nothing for him over England. Your insult is uncalled for and represents some of the things wrong with us as a nation. In representing us he's done more for Nigerian youths than many other Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by yewawa: 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
Wise guy.-----leaving when the ovation is loud---Goodluck bro
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Rindo69: 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
27 football age equals 40 actual age

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Pacesetter123(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
This is one of the problems we are having in Nigeria football;Early retirement.Oliseh,Amokachi,Amunike,Okocha,Enyema,etc. and now Moses,these guys retired in football rather too early thereby denying the upcoming players the opportunity to learn and take over from them gradually.Our football is suffering today partly because of this lack of gradual transition.But look at the whites...Andrea Pirlo,Buffon,Iniesta,etc.Though some of our players i mentioned above did it due to life threatening injuries,but others did it without any cogent reason like the one we are just talking about now.It is so annoying angry angry
angry

4 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by siesen16: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
i think his real age is 40. hehehw..... i am shaking a table right now
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
This Thing Is Painful O

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
monaPhilz:
penalty issa goal, goal.

I see.
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2018
Favor99:

He scored that penalty kick against Argentina and he got an assist in another game.
Who knows why he retired. I noticed the high levels of tribalism against him. Everyone was jumping down his neck during that game and now.
He was above average in that World Cup, there was no need for that level of bashing.
Who would want to represent a tribalistic country that don’t even appreciate him.

I see.
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by maryalloy(f): 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2018
wow, super eagles and naija will certainly miss you Moses, best of luck in your future
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2018
Sainty92:
Who scored your goal against Argentina??

Oh, I can't remember losing team.
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by linearity: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2018
Melonny:
I don't believe this. Let me run to his Instagram page.
This guy is a fool. He knows he played nonsense at the world cup. He should go to hell mother_fucker.
So his club career is more important than Nigeria?

Which of the two do you think is putting food on the table, roof over the head and clothes on the back of him and his family....club career or Nigeria football?

Let’s stop been hypocritical and assume that, for some illogical reasons, he that pays the piper must not somehow also dictate his or her tunes.
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by zinizta: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nigeria, develop your own players stop looking abroad for quick fixes na Victor moses una still see very soon Iwobi go announce international retirement. ..
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by ogtavia(m): 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
Melonny:
This guy is a fool. He knows he played nonsense at the world cup. He should go to hell mother_fucker.

You know you are the one feeding him na! Asking if his club career is more important than Nigeria.
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by excanny: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
Thanks for quitting. Your output was hellish to be in a Super Eagles jersey.

Thought the silly guy was working on improving his poor output, then he comes up with this shit.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Sleekfingers: 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
Melonny:

Yes. His club career is highly important. And as a matter of fact he grew up there. If he retires in England is far more better than retiring here. There are far more better package over there than here.

Our footballers are not well taken care of. And we don't even celetrate them. Eg rasheed yekini, oparaji, etc

Best decision. Good luck
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Temptee101(m): 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
Victor moses 27? shocked

By the way, it's long overdue. He's of no use to the entire country
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Zarazzini: 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
He is finding people that will be begging him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neFqQKToT7M
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Temptee101(m): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
Catalyst4real:

We really need to start focusing on home based players, these half casts are only joining super eagles to gain popularity.
We do so well in U-17. But when it comes to super eagles, we start looking for bench warmers who want to use the national team to prove to their club that they're good enough. Or players in small teams who want to catch the eyes of big clubs.

I'm almost 100% sure that if we manage to qualify for the next world cup. This guy will come out of nowhere and asked to be selected
It's good riddance i must say, what has been his contribution so far to SE? The guy has been awful for quite some time now and gets worse as the day goes by. I seriously doubt his age, old age is catching up with him
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Lhimeet(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ogbuefienubiaka:
Good one and thanks for your commitment to your country. A young man like you is already thinking of allowing the younger generation to access their opportunity but our great-grand-father President is campaigning for nonsense 2nd term. God will not allow this affiliation for a 2nd time
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by omoiyalayi(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
He made his debut in 1994 and he is 27yrs old in 2018

Tiri gbosa 4 u
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Duru009(m): 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
He will certainly play African cup of nations 2019
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by gentlegenius(m): 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
Catalyst4real:

You should be thankful to him for even choosing to represent Nigeria instead of England.
Have you forgotten his story in a hurry?
That guy shouldn't even represent Nigeria at all considering what he passed through in this zoo that you call a country.
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by gentlegenius(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2018
Drinkwater:
Good luck. Dwindling club career affected your output on the international stage, good to focus on one now.
This guy needs to revive his career...
He has taken the first step by retiring from the National team.
The second step he needs to take is to leave Chelsea.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Melonny(m): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
linearity:

Which of the two do you think is putting food on the table, roof over the head and clothes on the back of him and his family....club career or Nigeria football?

Let’s stop been hypocritical and assume that, for some illogical reasons, he that pays the piper must not somehow also dictate his or her tunes.
like he played for Nigeria for free.
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Adescomolly: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
Not yet
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
ALL THE BEST.
Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by bigtt76(f): 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
Paper age naaa! Baba respect himself before body tell am grin grin

Catalyst4real:

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Retires From International Football by solid3(m): 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
Why is he retiring do young at 27yrs when others are retiring at 42?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AFCON 2019: Prize Money For Algeria, Senegal, Nigeria To Be Received From CAF / Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' / Michail Antonio Crashes His Lamborghini On Christmas Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.