Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances (14441 Views)

Ebonyi Govt Declares Linus Okorie Wanted Over Statement On FacebooK / Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life / Ganduje Commissions 7 New Ambulances (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by murphyibiam15(m): 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
Obinna Odogwu, Abakaliki
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State, on Wednesday, announced that the state government would start an airport project in the state early next year. He said that arrangement has been set in motion towards the actualisation of that project.
Governor Umahi disclosed this while hosting some officials of the Ethiopian Airline led by its Traffic and Sales Manager (Enugu), Mr. Solomon Mengistu, who paid him a courtesy call in Government House, Abakaliki, the state capital.
“We will start an airport project in Ebonyi early next year. The airport we will build may not be the biggest airport in the country but it will be the most beautiful. And there is nothing we say in this government that we cannot do”, he announced.
Meanwhile, the governor complained bitterly about the “substandard” aircrafts some international airlines send to Nigeria whereas they fly the best in their home countries and other western countries.
“I once complained to (name withheld) airline. I asked them why is it that they send substandard plane to Nigeria and when you get to Dubai, you now fly beautiful aircrafts even the one that you can take your bath inside if you’re in first class.
“If I were the President of this country, I will not allow it. We need to be treated like other countries”, he said.
READ ALSO: Voters’ registration: Delta declares two-day public holiday
Meanwhile, the governor had earlier commissioned 39 tricycle ambulances procured by the state government for onward distribution to some primary health centres across the 13 Local Government Areas of the state.
Umahi said that the gesture was part of the government’s numerous arrangements to revamp the health sector in the state in the best interest of his countrymen. He said that his administration would not leave any stone unturned until he repositions the health sector in the state.

http://sunnewsonline.com/ebonyi-govt-to-establish-airport-distributes-39-keke-ambulances/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by murphyibiam15(m): 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
cc lalasticlala mynd44

this is a good news...provide infrastructure first like airport and watch investors come down to invest coupled with the job creation it was gonna create..

keke ambulance is widely used in India and some other developed nations to access uneasy to reach areas...Umahi is making the right choices

8 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by YorubaAssasin: 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
This is the real definition of "Misplaced Priorities". angry

Here-portu.. abi? When the people need basic infrastructures like stable power, constant water supply, good roads, quality schools et al..

Good job indeed... Keep it up! undecided

19 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by Rowlandjude(m): 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
Na wa oo, some States are backward sha oo.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by cosmatika(m): 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nigerian politicians and misplaced priorities. Wat does Ebonyi need airport for? Na these dere handkerchief sellers in Lag abi barrow pushers in Onitsha go dey enter d plane? Build industries and employ ur teeming youths

15 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by neoclassical: 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
This is a misplaced priority. Ebonyi State needs human capital development more than the infrastructural development the Governor is aggressively pursuing. There is high level poverty and hunger in Ebonyi State. Civil Servants in Ebonyi State are earning peanuts. Since the inception of Umahi's administration, no formal recruitment exercise has been conducted in the State, yet graduates of Ebonyi State origin are turning out every year from higher institutions of learning. Let industries be set up in the real sector of the economy to create jobs and increase per capita income. In this, the vicious circle of poverty, which is prevalent in the state will be severed. Politics is the only viable business in Ebonyi State, hence, it is deadly as that is the only means of survival.

Human Capital Development is key to socio-economic development of a young State like Ebonyi. Let the standard of living of Ebonyians be improved instead of building elephant projects that have no direct impact on the common man in the state. Tell me how a hungry man will think of going to an airport for a flight when he/she cannot afford t-fair for a public bus. Umahi should look inwards and pursue economic policies that can trickle down to ordinary man in the street.

27 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by Damidave1124(m): 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
Every state capital is supposed to have an airport... Dont really know why some states are backward
Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
Great news
Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by Houseofglam7(f): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
It's about time!
Besides, it's the people's money
Y'all were elected to do stuff....
Do it and shut up undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by linkers: 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
At what cost? Let's see the debt profile of Ebonyi state. Wretched creatures

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
Keke ambulance that he will never use as a governor..

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by iammo(m): 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
grin
Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by Pavore9: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
With Enugu airport nearby, should an airport be a priority now?

15 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by donbachi(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
Keke ambulance for hospital with only malaria medicines...the governor should have used the money,to upgrade one of its medical centers...instead of buying keke.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by anthony533(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
This governor should try and pay 2017 batch B stream 1 corp members their state allawee for we are passing out soon.
Even though he don't want to pay copper allawee he should please refund the money we used for documentations

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by DWJOBScom(m): 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
Na wa o
There's Enugu airport down the road na

I tire for this people

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
murphyibiam15:
Obinna Odogwu, Abakaliki
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State, on Wednesday, announced that the state government would start an airport project in the state early next year. He said that arrangement has been set in motion towards the actualisation of that project.
Governor Umahi disclosed this while hosting some officials of the Ethiopian Airline led by its Traffic and Sales Manager (Enugu), Mr. Solomon Mengistu, who paid him a courtesy call in Government House, Abakaliki, the state capital.
“We will start an airport project in Ebonyi early next year. The airport we will build may not be the biggest airport in the country but it will be the most beautiful. And there is nothing we say in this government that we cannot do”, he announced.
Meanwhile, the governor complained bitterly about the “substandard” aircrafts some international airlines send to Nigeria whereas they fly the best in their home countries and other western countries.
“I once complained to (name withheld) airline. I asked them why is it that they send substandard plane to Nigeria and when you get to Dubai, you now fly beautiful aircrafts even the one that you can take your bath inside if you’re in first class.
“If I were the President of this country, I will not allow it. We need to be treated like other countries”, he said.
READ ALSO: Voters’ registration: Delta declares two-day public holiday
Meanwhile, the governor had earlier commissioned 39 tricycle ambulances procured by the state government for onward distribution to some primary health centres across the 13 Local Government Areas of the state.
Umahi said that the gesture was part of the government’s numerous arrangements to revamp the health sector in the state in the best interest of his countrymen. He said that his administration would not leave any stone unturned until he repositions the health sector in the state.

http://sunnewsonline.com/ebonyi-govt-to-establish-airport-distributes-39-keke-ambulances/amp/

I don't think that we have a president that will think like this, both active and acting.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by eaglefrank(m): 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2018
One of the tinx I don't really understand is why sum ppl choose never accept that Governors' like Umahi has tried his best in giving the young state (Ebonyi) one of the best infrastructures. Ride on my infrastructure governor.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by WisdomFlakes: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
Another Airport? Ok o.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by murphyibiam15(m): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2018
NgwaManNaija4LF:

I don't think that we have a president that will think like this, both active and acting.
you're right
Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by ThinkSmarter: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
It will atleast boost the asthetic look of the state one thing i like about Umahi is #classical projects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by deomelo: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2018
lmao @ typical ipob village rubbish comedy...

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by murphyibiam15(m): 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2018
DWJOBScom:
Na wa o
There's Enugu airport down the road na

I tire for this people
Enugu is not Ebonyi...Ebonyi needs to build its own infrastructure To attract its own investors

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by murphyibiam15(m): 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
ThinkSmarter:
It will atleast boost the asthetic look of the state
and bring in investors and create jobs

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by murphyibiam15(m): 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
donbachi:
Keke ambulance for hospital with only malaria medicines...the governor should have used the money,to upgrade one of its medical centers...instead of buying keke.
he has already upgraded the health centers for your information... keke ambulance is found in most countries like India and China

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by donbachi(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
murphyibiam15:

he has already upgraded the health centers for your information... keke ambulance is found in most countries like India and China
noted
Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by murphyibiam15(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
Pavore9:
With Enugu airport nearby, should an airport be a priority now?
yes..to create jobs and bring in investors to the state...infrastructure brings in investors
Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by murphyibiam15(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Keke ambulance that he will never use as a governor..
your president too doesn't use your health facilities in Nigeria... at least he uses health facilities in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt To Establish Airport, Distributes 39 Keke Ambulances by eleko1: 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2018
sad Thieves. Wetin Hapun to Ebeano Airport/pota Airport? i greet una PIGS ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Not Happy With PDP – Ohanaeze / Ramadan: Dangote donates 80,000 Bags Of 10kg Rice, bread To Vulnerable Lagosians / The Adulteress' Diary - By Lamido Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.