Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (117860 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
Chapecoense:

Permanent resident. The requirement for a non US citizen to be pilot in the US requires a Green card and the minimum hours of flight time, But i hardly see any Nigerian flying airplanes in the US. Most only come for training and go back to Nigeria to take up Jobs.. Do you happen to know of any Nigerian pilot in the US?

The green card requirement is not only for pilots but for any employment. I think it will be rare for any major airline to hire green card holders. Commercial Pilots have hundreds of thousands invested in them for training.

I don’t know of any personally but an Igbo lady flew me on Southwest years back.

This was before 9/11 when you could still look pilots in the eyes. Now they’ll just say “we’re denying you flight due to an abundance of caution for the flight, crew and passengers” grin

4 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2018
oyb:

grin grin

heh. egunmogaji is a erm cold dead hander

if we set him off he will flood this thread with gif of black chicks with guns cheesy cheesy

You know me too well.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by ApexTitan(m): 11:14pm On Aug 28, 2018
It never fails to amaze me how black people easily swallow the leftist narrative on current events.

Then again the lure of victim mentality and identity politics has a pull unmatched by very few things out there.

3 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
radautoworks:

Easy. IT'S. IN. THE. CONSTITUTION.

I'll take that as a yes on the Trump vote.

It has been amended before, and for good reason. Did you have an anchor baby in the USA?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2018
I support anything that ends the births tourism and anchor baby whatever,they dont make sense to me.
does that make me a trump fan?.absolutely NO

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2018
radautoworks:

Not true with this administration. All foreigners are targets. Even with green cards. Google and you'll find many without records being shipped off.

have some questions for you though.nice inputs so far.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2018
oyb:

the trump administration is simply looking to stop citizenship of undesirables [non whites]. anchor babies are only one of the naturalizationavenues they are trying to shut down. regurgitating right wing whataboutisms is dodging the larger question - where does it end?

are those asylum seekers whose children were taken from them also MIS 13? or they are undeserving of a better life?

Nothing has been changed relative to the 1965 Immigration act, which largely barred European Caucasian immigration. There is not GOP platform to alter that act/law. People sneaking into the country to have a baby, ok fine. You can take your baby when deported lol. Anyone can do an BS asylum claim. USA can't take 5 billion people.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2018
Dremca:
I believe this car will soon be auctioned as a result of flood and may make its way to Nigeria after the insurance company must have indemnify the owner. This brings me to asking if using insurance is mandatory in the US and its there a law created to enforce that because I've read that insurance is a BIG BUSINESS in the US

How you doing?..

Are you based in Lagos or Abuja or somewhere close by ?...
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
i support anything that ends the births tourism and anchor baby whatever,they dont make sense to me.
does that make me a trump fan?.absolutely NO
Basic common sense. If an American citizen, with no ties to France, has a baby there the baby is not a French citizen. Soil birth citizenship was an enticement for immigration a long time ago. The USA had no immigration laws until about 1924.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
If you don't like that then you're definitely not going to like that it's also in the Constitution that if a child under five years old is found and parents can't be determined, it's automatically a US citizen.

America was a country founded on immigration. Hell, the people trying to lay claim to it now are immigrants! Don't like it, live somewhere else. With that, I'm done with this stupid conversation.

5 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 11:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
radautoworks:
If you don't like that then you're definitely not going to like that it's also in the Constitution that if a child under five years old is found and parents can't be determined, it's automatically a US citizen.

America was a country founded on immigration. Hell, the people trying to lay claim to it now are immigrants! Don't like it, live somewhere else. With that, I'm done with this stupid conversation.

Don't get what the "stupid conversation" was all about but immigration argument has been on in the US for a long time and there seem to be no end to it.America has been generous with their immigration laws/policies but a lot of people have abused the process,reason they are trying to reform it now and in doing so,some people are going to get hurt one way or the other.
For me,immigration is good so far it's done in the right way.

5 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 29, 2018
radautoworks:

[b]America was a country founded on immigration. Hell, the people trying to lay claim to it now are immigrants! Don't like it, live somewhere else. [/b]With that, I'm done with this stupid conversation.

I believe I can feel a tear shedding from my eye.

Barkeep, please pass the lady a drink will yah. Make it a non alcoholic one, she’s with child grin

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 12:33am On Aug 29, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

Don't get what the "stupid conversation" was all about but immigration argument has been on in the US for a long time and there seem to be no end to it.America has been generous with their immigration laws/policies but a lot of people have abused the process,reason they are trying to reform it now and in doing so,some people are going to get hurt one way or the other.
For me,immigration is good so far it's done in the right way.

The US still has a lot work to do when it comes to immigration , lots of hardworking and contributing people can not be become legal residents through self petition unless they have lots of money to invest .You either need to be born here or need someone to petition for you. Also contrary to Popular belief , there are illegal immigrants who get green card but it’s mostly through marriage.

3 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by ApexTitan(m): 12:43am On Aug 29, 2018
Babyvet:

Actually Canada is looking to do away with their birthright citizenship.

Actually, in the Great White North its the conservative party that is looking to do away with this. The current liberal government has condemned the move by the conservative party recent resolution to end jus soli. The people who think this policy change will go nowhere in Canada may be in for a big surprise in the near future. If the liberals lose to the conservatives in the next general elections this can be a sure thing... and with the many missteps they are currently making the liberals are quietly alarmed.

If the canucks eventually do this then the yanks will be the only developed nation in the world with such a policy. Interesting times eh?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 4:46am On Aug 29, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You’re right but they’ll still argue.

Two prominent citizens, natural born not naturalized, were detained at an airport for hours.

Do you know exactly why those two prominent citizens were detained at the airport for hours?

I'm also a natural born citizen not naturalized.

I'm planning a trip back home hopefully by next year.

I already have my United States Passport from the Department of State.

Currently waiting for my Certificate of Citizenship from USCIS.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 4:53am On Aug 29, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The green card requirement is not only for pilots but for any employment. I think it will be rare for any major airline to hire green card holders. Commercial Pilots have hundreds of thousands invested in them for training.

I don’t know of any personally but an Igbo lady flew me on Southwest years back.

This was before 9/11 when you could still look pilots in the eyes. Now they’ll just say “we’re denying you flight due to an abundance of caution for the flight, crew and passengers” grin

True.

After 9/11 the rules were tightened.

You have to pass a minimum of 5 year - 10 year Background Check conducted by the TSA in conjunction with the FBI.

Unfortunately most newly arrived immigrants who are Green Card holders will not be able to pass the Background Check.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 5:05am On Aug 29, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I usually fly American Airlines, Delta Airlines & United Airlines since I signed up for their frequent flyer program and usually earn miles on every flight I take.

I'm yet to see a Black Pilot. I haven't seen a female Pilot either

All my flights so far have been with White Pilots who are male.

And Majority of them are usually of age with White hair.

I can also assume most of them are United States Citizens.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 5:14am On Aug 29, 2018
Chapecoense:

Permanent resident. The requirement for a non US citizen to be pilot in the US requires a Green card and the minimum hours of flight time, But i hardly see any Nigerian flying airplanes in the US. Most only come for training and go back to Nigeria to take up Jobs.. Do you happen to know of any Nigerian pilot in the US?

You have to pass a Comprehensive 5 year - 10 year Background Check conducted by the TSA in conjunction with the FBI inorder to work in the airport.

Also any Criminal offense other than a Misdemeanor automatically disqualifies you from obtaining the Job.

So most Nigerians who have resided in the United States for less than 5 years might not be able to pass the Comprehensive Background Check.

I recently applied to work as a TSA Agent in Miami International Airport & as a Passenger Service Agent at Fort Lauderdale International Airport.

As of now I'm still waiting for my Background Check results to come out.

Both jobs pay very well.

TSA Agents make around $16.67/hr While Passenger Service Agents make around $13.98/hr
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 29, 2018
LUCAS99:

I usually fly American Airlines, Delta Airlines & United Airlines since I signed up for their frequent flyer program and usually earn miles on every flight I take.

I'm yet to see a Black Pilot. I haven't seen a female Pilot either

All my flights so far have been with White Pilots who are male.

And Majority of them are usually of age with White hair.

I can also assume most of them are United States Citizens.

A few years back, maybe 5, I flew United from Houston to Lagos and the Pilot was an African American male. Now, to get such cushy routes like that it means that he is high in seniority. Many years in the airline.

I've been here way too long, since 1986, so I've seen quite a bit.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 29, 2018
LUCAS99:

Do you know exactly why those two prominent citizens were detained at the airport for hours?

I'm also a natural born citizen not naturalized.

I'm planning a trip back home hopefully by next year.

I already have my United States Passport from the Department of State.

Currently waiting for my Certificate of Citizenship from USCIS.

I'll try to find the link.

One I remember was because his name matched to some list. The other I'm not sure but they have both sued the federal government.

The constitution guarantees us free travel without unnecessary delays or interference.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 5:56am On Aug 29, 2018
EgunMogaji:

One I remember was because his name matched to some list. The other I'm not sure but they have both sued the federal government.

The constitution guarantees us free travel without unnecessary delays or interference.

His name probably matched the TSA Watchlist.

The TSA Watchlist contains names of individuals who are known and suspected of being involved in Terrorist Activities.

They are barred from flying within and into the United States and are usually not allowed to board an aircraft.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 29, 2018
LUCAS99:

His name probably matched the TSA Watchlist.

The TSA Watchlist contains names of individuals who are known and suspected of being involved in Terrorist Activities.

They are barred from flying within and into the United States and are usually not allowed to board an aircraft.

True but this is exactly what the constitution addressed. They are trying to use 9/11 to subvert constitution hence why those chaos are suing.

Sorry if I come across as uncaring to law enforcement efforts but I am an unapologetic constitutionalist.

If we can go to the moon in the 60's, have vehicles roving on Mars, etc then TSA/Immigration should be able to discern facts from fictions. These guys are not terrorists and I even think one is an ex Mayor.. I will find the link.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Chapecoense(m): 6:35am On Aug 29, 2018
LUCAS99:

You have to pass a Comprehensive 5 year - 10 year Background Check conducted by the TSA in conjunction with the FBI inorder to work in the airport.

Also any Criminal offense other than a Misdemeanor automatically disqualifies you from obtaining the Job.

So most Nigerians who have resided in the United States for less than 5 years might not be able to pass the Comprehensive Background Check.

I recently applied to work as a TSA Agent in Miami International Airport & as a Passenger Service Agent at Fort Lauderdale International Airport.

As of now I'm still waiting for my Background Check results to come out.

Both jobs pay very well.

TSA Agents make around $16.67/hr While Passenger Service Agents make around $13.98/hr
Wow, I am just now seeing this here.. But dont you think the 5-10yr background check will be waved since they havent been in the US that long? As long as they have the right to work legally, they should be fine? And the background check will likely span the entire history of the immigrant in the US. Even if its less than 2yrs.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by timifakay(m): 7:31am On Aug 29, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You know me too well.
Or

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 7:56am On Aug 29, 2018
Am currently in Nigeria grin
Nig4Greatness:

How you doing?..

Are you based in Lagos or Abuja or somewhere close by ?...
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lillaowow(m): 8:18am On Aug 29, 2018
Get rid of the 14th amendments grin grin grin. Clowns!!!

US with it's history of discrimination, wants to get rid of 14th amendments and immigrants (probably first generation immigrants) are the ones championing this cause ? Hahahaha

Some people don't think long term they just think what is beneficial and/or sounds good to them at the present moment.

Maybe they should bring back black people sitting at the back of the bus/airplane so we immigrants (especially blacks) can be "humble". grin grin or some laws before pre civil Rights movement

Y'all (Trump people) just love creating chaos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 9:48am On Aug 29, 2018
Unfollowing you wasn't intentional. I have replied your pm
Mobilia:

Thank you for welcoming me.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 10:33am On Aug 29, 2018
US should introduce start up just like Canada to encourage new startup by immigrants and as the same time creating jobs for Americans.
Babyvet:

The US still has a lot work to do when it comes to immigration , lots of hardworking and contributing people can not be become legal residents through self petition unless they have lots of money to invest .You either need to be born here or need someone to petition for you. Also contrary to Popular belief , there are illegal immigrants who get green card but it’s mostly through marriage.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2018
Dremca:
US should introduce start up just like Canada to encourage new startup by immigrants and as the same time creating jobs for Americans.

Start up like what?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 10:39am On Aug 29, 2018
Chapecoense:

Wow, I am just now seeing this here.. But dont you think the 5-10yr background check will be waved since they havent been in the US that long? As long as they have the right to work legally, they should be fine? And the background check will likely span the entire history of the immigrant in the US. Even if its less than 2yrs.

Let's just assume that the 5 year - 10 year Background Check requirement is waived and one of the new hires end up crashing an air plane into a tall rise building killing thousands of people again who do you think would be held responsible?

I don't think the Background Check should be waived since it has worked great since 9/11.

The last thing we need is someone from oversea trying to cause harm to the American People.

Remember it only takes just one person...

3 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 10:43am On Aug 29, 2018
But using only their name on the TSA watch list is not enough. Using their biometric should be the best form of identification.
EgunMogaji:

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (73) (Reply)

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.