Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (117800 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
Dremca:
What's this global entry all about. Please explain it in a lay man language.
How can one unquote a quote in nairaland sef undecided
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2018
Izognok:

Ok. Nice so far.

We will not just fold our arms and not check your intentions for this thread. As long as it is for the benefit of educating young men (they easily get attracted to this kind of thread), you have our blessings to carry on. Every good gesture is not a blessing. The initial intent is the main issue.

I read the thread "Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy", and I took note of some points.

hiawathia1981 - -> Bsuedu - -> Backfornow. I hope this is the last bus-stop. And I expect the other one Kh/iaa to show up very soon.

We are watching. Ok?

For now, it is all good. Let us not derail your thread. We just need to let everyone know that we will protect Nigeria's good image. We are very intelligent and God fearing set of people.

You can continue.
The more time I spend here, the more I learn it just doesnt pay to be a good person.
You have a great day, sir.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
Those infos are fake news. Lets make this thread great again.
Backfornow:

The more time I spend here, the more I learn it just doesnt pay to be a good person.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
Izognok:

Honestly, why are you doing this to Nigeria? Why not focus on the intent of this thread? Are you planning to overstay when you get there? Why ask for people who did such foolish act? Your intent in this thread is questionable.

Guy, you can make it nicely. When you travel to the US and return, you have better chances of making it. What you need to do is scout for opportunities when you are there. It is a land of opportunities. No doubt, it is. You always have a return ticket with visiting visa; therefore, do not over stay. Return home and re-strategize if you spot an opportunity while under visiting visa.

Believe me, the US loves Nigerians. They know we are very intelligent. They like many things about us. Take advantage of that.

Our accent, our native attires, our Nigerian necklaces, our very bold ways of responding to situations, and our charisma are what they love about us. Leverage on these things.

I can give you tips on how to go about things legally and intelligently. You can make it. No need to announce "working codedly" publicly under a visa type that makes it illegal. Foreigners read nairaland every blessed day.

On this thread, there are 2 or 3 people who you should send PMs to for advice. If you read through very well, you can easily spot them.

Be good. If you must ask because of desperation, please, do it with the person privately and stop embarrassing us on public forums like this. We have our reputation to protect. Thanks!

Keep to the intent of this thread.

#NaijaForLife

Applause for you sir.

4 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:12pm On Aug 25, 2018
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
Backfornow:

Don't let it get to you. It looks like all Nairaland threads at some point devolve for a bit. It will right itself in a few posts. Stick with it. There are people who genuinely need the knowledge we have. Ignore the rest.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2018
Hey backfornow, you asked for the derailers and I knew they would come in droves when they see the thread has kicked off properly.
Just come in and have fun and stop thinking about the trolls. E-warriors ain't worth it babe.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 26, 2018
Good news about credit score reporting.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/08/24/credit-agencies-cleanse-peoples-reports-of-certain-blemishes.html

Your credit score may have just gone up. Here's why.
Sharon Epperson | Annie Nova
Published 9 Hours Ago Updated 2 Hours Ago
CNBC.com
Your credit score might have gotten a boost recently.
That's because the three major credit reporting companies are doing things a little differently.
Here's what you should do if you find yourself with a higher score.

Your credit report might be getting a makeover.

And the three-digit credit score we all carry around, which can determine how likely we are to get a favorable loan to buy a house or a car, could be moving up as a result.

The reason behind the potential boost is a change in the way the three major credit rating firms deal with negative credit information, including unpaid bills and debts.

Some of new practices by Equifax, Experian and TransUnion include more updated reporting, such as noting when an overdue balance has been paid, along with the exclusion of certain debts and items of questionable accuracy.

"To the extent that the bureaus are looking and seeing what's accurate and cleaning up the report, it can improve family financial security," said Caroline Ratcliffe, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute, a nonpartisan think thank.

Library fines and traffic tickets are also being scrubbed. Medical debts that have been or are being paid by insurance companies will disappear from profiles.

In response to these changes, Americans' credit reports are already showing fewer blemishes and scores are rising.

In June, the number of individuals with a collections account on their credit report fell to 25 million, down from 33 million the previous year, and the total collections balance reported on accounts declined by about $11 billion during that time, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

In addition, some people might have seen their scores take a jump earlier this year when the three major credit companies scrapped tax liens from their reports.

More from Personal Finance:
Here's the real reason why your 401(k) fees are falling
Here's why robo-advisors won't replace human financial advisors
Your retirement finances may not be as bad as you think, survey finds

You can see if your score is higher for free on websites like Credit Karma or Credit Sesame.

If it has, resist the urge to go deeper into debt or take a break from checking in with your score.

"Anyone who has experienced a jump in their credit score resulting from these changes should take advantage of the momentum and strive for even more progress toward improving their credit health," said Bruce McClary, vice president of communications at the National Foundation of Credit Counseling.

Consider calling your bank or credit card company and negotiating a lower interest rate. Doing so can result in major savings.

For example, if you have $10,000 in credit card debt with a 25 percent annual percentage rate, you'll have paid around $2,500 in interest over the year. But if you could get that rate down to 18 percent, you'll pay $1,800 over 12 months, and save yourself $700.

You might also consider making other financial moves with that better score, such as refinancing your car, taking out a new loan for a mortgage, checking insurance rates or getting a better credit card, said Kimberly Palmer, personal finance expert at NerdWallet. However, you'll want to be strategic, she added.

"Every application can cause a small ding to your credit," she said. "And if you are planning a big purchase like a car or a home in the next six months, hold off on credit card applications."

To keep your score moving up, pay every bill on time and try to keep your credit utilization low, she said

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by rinzaugustine: 5:25am On Aug 26, 2018
Backfornow:

You don't be a good person to please anybody but to just be who you are .Never let go of those values you learnt from your mother or family for anybody or any situation
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
Backfornow:

please don't take any offense, lots of people on this forum are desperately trying to leave Nigeria to live that abroad dream. Some of the them may not be thinking straight and only want to hear the positives about the abroad, so take any offense to their lashings.

4 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 27, 2018
revontuli:

She was either too lazy or reckless. As soon as she got married, all she had to do was to leave the country and her husband could file a green card application for bringing spouse. Those take priority over other immigration cases. Shw could also leave before marriage and have the husband file for a K-1 visa.

She could legally re-enter then. She chose to remain illegal and trusted the government officials who said she is low risk for deportation. Never trust the government.

She did not leave the country as directed so once she left she would be under a ban. An immigration ban could be five to ten years or lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
Babyvet:

please don't take any offense, lots of people on this forum are desperately trying to leave Nigeria to live that abroad dream. Some of the them may not be thinking straight and only want to hear the positives about the abroad, so take any offense to their lashings.

Hi BabyVet, havent heard anything from you in awhile. How are you, hows work?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
rinzaugustine:
You don't be a good person to please anybody but to just be who you are .Never let go of those values you learnt from your mother or family for anybody or any situation

I will always continue to be a good person, I enjoy helping people. I will just diminish the amount here is all. I do not have the time for rudeness and mean spiritedness.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Ayodejioak(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
This saved a lot of time, expenses and energy as at when needed.

Thought it might as well be helpful to someone right now or later

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
Backfornow:

Hi BabyVet, havent heard anything from you in awhile. How are you, hows work?

I'm fine and work has been fine, just limiting my time on nairaland.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hello, please tell us intending immigrants the opportunities that are available in the US for new immigrants.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by rinzaugustine: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
Backfornow:

I will always continue to be a good person, I enjoy helping people. I will just diminish the amount here is all. I do not have the time for rude mean spirited people.
God might be using mean spirited people to prepare you for a purpose in future, so I advice you to stop running from them as you never know..
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dremca:
Hello, please tell us intending immigrants the opportunities that are available in the US for new immigrants.

If you can think it up, it's available. 11 year old girls getting rich off selling lemonade!
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
Please tell us more about this girl's story.
radautoworks:

If you can think it up, it's available. 11 year old girls getting rich off selling lemonade!
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
To Rent or to Mortgage

https://www.mykcm.com/2018/08/27/rent-or-buy-either-way-youre-paying-a-mortgage-2/

Rent or Buy: Either Way You’re Paying A Mortgage! | MyKCM
There are some people who have not purchased homes because they are uncomfortable taking on the obligation of a mortgage. Everyone should realize, however, that unless you are living with your parents rent-free, you are paying a mortgage – either yours or your landlord’s.

As Entrepreneur Magazine, a premier source for small business, explained in their article, “12 Practical Steps to Getting Rich”:

“While renting on a temporary basis isn’t terrible, you should most certainly own the roof over your head if you’re serious about your finances. It won’t make you rich overnight, but by renting, you’re paying someone else’s mortgage. In effect, you’re making someone else rich.”

With home prices rising, many renters are concerned about their house-buying power. Mark Fleming, Chief Economist at First American, explained:

“Over the last three years, renter house-buying power has increased fast enough to keep pace with house price appreciation, so the share of homes that a renter can afford to buy has remained the same since 2015.

Although mortgage rates are expected to rise, they are still low by historic standards, and real household incomes are the highest they have ever been. Assuming this trend continues, our measure of affordability, which takes into account income, interest rates, and house prices, indicates that homeownership is still within reach for renters.”

As an owner, your mortgage payment is a form of ‘forced savings’ which allows you to build equity in your home that you can tap into later in life. As a renter, you guarantee the landlord is the person building that equity.

Interest rates are still at historic lows, making it one of the best times to secure a mortgage and make a move into your dream home. Freddie Mac’s latest report shows that rates across the country were at 4.51% last week.

Bottom Line
Whether you are looking for a primary residence for the first time or are considering a vacation home on the shore, now may be the time to buy
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
News made today that the NAFTA trade agreement has been renogiatied. This agreement was between US, Canada, and Mexico, made in the 1990s. For now this agreement removes Canada, which will be interesting to watch since Canada is the US second largest trade partner. The US imports oil and wheat mainly from Canada.

Translation: Possible higher prices

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/08/27/mexican-official-says-nafta-talks-with-us-have-concluded.html

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dremca:
Please tell us more about this girl's story.

Simply Google. So many examples. I too won funding on shark tank for a Lego mind storms coding camp idea during my graduate program but didn't need it. I just did it because wanted to be top of my business class. Gave my two teammates permission to use the idea but don't know if they ever did. We secured about 300k in funding if I remember correctly.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4277590/whole-foods-bees-lemonade
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
Backfornow:
News made today that the NAFTA trade agreement has been renogiatied. This agreement was between US, Canada, and Mexico, made in the 1990s. For now this agreement removes Canada, which will be interesting to watch since Canada is the US second largest trade partner. The US imports oil and wheat mainly from Canada.

Translation: Possible higher prices in

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/08/27/mexican-official-says-nafta-talks-with-us-have-concluded.html

This is not concluded yet. Still in negotiation. Canada might still join. Just closed latest update and now I can't find the stupid link.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

This is not concluded yet. Still in negotiation. Canada might still join.

True.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

Simply Google. So many examples. I too won funding on shark tank for a Lego mind storms coding camp idea during my graduate program but didn't need it. I just did it because wanted to be top of my business class. Gave my two teammates permission to use the idea but don't know if they ever did. We secured about 300k in funding if I remember correctly.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4277590/whole-foods-bees-lemonade

Were you on Shark Tank? Do tell us about your experience. This may be the most interesting thing ive read all day.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2018
Backfornow:

Were you on Shark Tank? Do tell us about your experience. This may be the most interesting thing Uve read all day.

Not the TV one. They came to our college to judge. University of Houston downtown. It was to determine the best of the inaugural graduate business program.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

Not the TV one. They came to our college to judge. University of Houston downtown. It was to determine the best of the inaugural graduate business program.

But it was still a competition that you won funding for?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2018
Backfornow:

Were you on Shark Tank? Do tell us about your experience. This may be the most interesting thing Uve read all day.

Not the TV one. They came to our college to judge. University of Houston downtown. It was to determine the best of the inaugural graduate executive MBA business program. We were the only ones to get funding.

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
Backfornow:

But it was still a competition that you won funding for?

Yup. I still have the proposal. It was called "The RoboSTEM box". It was aimed at minority/low income children to teach coding through Lego minds storm robot sets. The best of each group would go on to compete with their robots worldwide. Each competition had specific functions the robots should do autonomously and varing levels for different ages.

It was cheap to implement which was one of the biggest draws. They probably changed the came if they went through with it.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

Yup.

Do you mind explaining the concept of your idea. Im not tech savvy so I don't haveva clue of what you are talking about.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
Backfornow:

Do you mind explaining the concept of your idea. Im not tech savvy so I don't haveva clue of what you are talking about.

Modified post above you to explain
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

Yup. I still have the proposal. It was called "The RoboSTEM box". It was aimed at minority/low income children to teach coding through Lego minds storm sets. The best of each group would go on to compete with their robots worldwide.

It was cheap to implement which was one of the biggest draws. They probably changed the came if they went through with it.

What is Lego mind set?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (73) (Reply)

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.