Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,093 members, 7,957,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:59 AM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (122100 Views)

Us-based Nigerian Man Shows Sleeping 'box' Costing $80/8hrs / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
please what's your view on this?
radautoworks:

Finally something we disagree on!
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
radautoworks:
Yeah. Got notification of this idiocy at 5am. I don't think he can legally do it through executive order and it will be challenged. It's a constitutional right so can't be "trumped" grin by executive order.

Banning foreign nationals from entering the US because of their religions and others is unconstitutional but the scotus said otherwise. Trump had his way and I can bet he will have his way again this time but let's say he doesn't, what happens to those thousands or millions of new born babies that would be affected before the reversal because the legal process might take some time to end?.
Watch this space,if republicans still control the Congress,consider this constitution amendment a done deal.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It definitely can and will get worse because Trump will unfortunately get a second term.

Pence is rumored to actually be worse than Trump if that’s humanly possible. At least towards immigration and civil right.

But I do support this his initiative though.

The child of a citizen and that of a foreigner should never have the same legal right. US is one of the few industrialized country that still does this. It’ll put a quick end to pregnancy tourism by Chinese and others. I’m in full bore support of this.

May be it’ll force impoverished countries like Nigeria to rethink our medical facilities.

I support this 100%..it doesn't even make sense to me.
I live and work in the US,my obligations to the US should be spent on my children period!!!.
I love the bolded,let Nigeria elites begin to rework their medical facilities since they have no other choice.dont be surprised if Canada follow suit.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

Banning foreign nationals from entering the US because of their religions and others is unconstitutional but the scotus said otherwise. Trump had his way and I can bet he will have his way again this time but let's say he doesn't, what happens to those thousands or millions of new born babies that would be affected before the reversal because the legal process might take some time to end?.
Watch this space,if republicans still control the Congress,consider this constitution amendment a done deal.

I don't see this is happening anytime soon. It is a very complicated issue for him to dive into at this time.

I think Trump is just saying this to change the healine discussion of the mainstream media which he has eventually succeeded in doing...lol!

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2018
radautoworks:

Finally something we disagree on!

Madam, I understand how you must feel about the issue, as a mother.

Mrs. EgunMogaji has labeled me a facist and a traitor to the cause.

Jack In The Box was my dinner last night grin

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

I doubt that it will be retroactive.

And what about all those children that were stolen from their parents by HomSec? We can’t find most parents anymore so do they get citizenship?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

I support this 100%..it doesn't even make sense to me.
I live and work in the US,my obligations to the US should be spent on my children period!!!.
I love the bolded,let Nigeria elites begin to rework their medical facilities since they have no other choice.dont be surprised if Canada follow suit.

This is how I feel exactly.

My blood and sweat were poured in this land so that my children can benefit.

Non citizens waltz in across the border to have children and then apply for aid.

They haven’t paid into the system to collect that aid.

Sometimes I understand, not agree with, some of those looney bin racist pigs. They sometimes have a point but they falter Becca they want to throw the baby out with the bath water.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
EgunMogaji:

This is how I feel exactly.

My blood and sweat were poured in this land so that my children can benefit.

Non citizens waltz in across the border to have children and then apply for aid.

They haven’t paid into the system to collect that aid.

Sometimes I understand, not agree with, some of those looney bin racist pigs. They sometimes have a point but they falter Becca they want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Hmmm...I think it was Jeb Bush that called them "Anchor Babies". The mothers were using them to get benefits, remain on those benefits and at the same time remaining in the US illegally.

Texas tried to decline some of those women who came into the US illegally from getting the automatic citizenship for their babies if those mothers delivered at some location border between Mexico and US. If I'm not mistaken it was struck down somehow by the lower court in Texas.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2018
Beautyaddy:

I don't see this is happening anytime soon. It is a very complicated issue for him to dive into at this time.

I think Trump is just saying this to change the healine discussion of the mainstream media which he has eventually succeeded in doing...lol!

Bingo!
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lillaowow(m): 12:31am On Oct 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It definitely can and will get worse because Trump will unfortunately get a second term.

Pence is rumored to actually be worse than Trump if that’s humanly possible. At least towards immigration and civil right.

But I do support this his initiative though.

The child of a citizen and that of a foreigner should never have the same legal right. US is one of the few industrialized country that still does this. It’ll put a quick end to pregnancy tourism by Chinese and others. I’m in full bore support of this.

May be it’ll force impoverished countries like Nigeria to rethink our medical facilities.

I whole heatedly disagree with you.

It will create an even more systematic form of oppression.

Knowing the US and it's history with oppressing minority group and others , it this ever happened, the implications will be more severe than civil rights/ housing discrimination issues.

What happens to kids of expatriates that has been on H1b, J, O and other kinds of visas for years?

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 31, 2018
lillaowow:

Knowing the US and it's history with oppressing minority group and others , it this ever happened, the implications will be more severe than civil rights/ housing discrimination issues.

What happens to kids of expatriates that has been on H1b, J, O and other kinds of visas for years?

I welcome your disagreement.

As I’m not a policy maker, it’ll be up to them to iron out the nitty gritty.

From my standpoint children of non citizens should not get citizenship.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 1:08am On Oct 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Wow!...what about those kids who were born in the US by a parent who has either a green card or are one of those temporary resident visas like HB-1 and the likes?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 31, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Wow!...what about those kids who were born in the US by a parent who has either a green card or are one of those temporary resident visas like HB-1 and the likes?

I know that we're are not going to agree on this and all I can do is to quote you my previous post below:

EgunMogaji:

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Yeah he wanted to change the discussion currently going on in the mainstream media as regards the killings but the media are not falling for the bait.they know is all about campaign rhetoric for the coming election.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 2:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
lillaowow:

There won't be any form of oppression or discrimation whatsoever.A law is a law and it applies to everyone and everybody knows his or her status in the US.
Non immigrants type of visas have their limitations.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Taal17: 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2018
Beautyaddy:

It's not rocket science. Other developed countries have work visas temp visas and resident visas and their kids don't get citizenship by birth.
It can be done. Jus soli in other developed countries were mainly stopped for 'birth tourism and anchor babies'

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
Taal17:

It's not rocket science. Other developed countries have work visas temp visas and resident visas and their kids don't get citizenship by birth.
It can be done. Jus soli in other developed countries were mainly stopped for 'birth tourism and anchor babies'

Very true.

People are forgetting two crucial facts.

1) Republicans control Congress and

2) Trump has put in a lot of Judges in various circuits.

Also, this is not a new discussion.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 4:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
Taal17:

Okay.

However, the current US is on a different mindset from the way it was like 20 years ago.

Even though yes, Trump just happens to be the wrong person to bring this birthright citizen by jus soil to the limelight. I don't see how in anyway, it will ever be addressed talk less of being changed.

Some people have even brought up the argument that the US immigration laws cannot be compared to most European countries because of how it was founded.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Very true.

People are forgetting two crucial facts.

1) Republicans control Congress and

2) Trump has put in a lot of Judges in various circuits.

Also, this is not a new discussion.

Huh, I hear you.

Unfortunately, the current Republicans in congress, most of them are cowards when is comes to making any drastic changes with immigration.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by hammed71(m): 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2018
Guys what do you think about the huge caravan headed for the usa
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
hammed71:

One has to do what one has to do.

They'll arrest/release the males, steal the children and imprison the women.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lillaowow(m): 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2018
hammed71:

I don't see a big deal about it. It shouldn't even be a talking point.

They turned themselves in at the boarder, fingerprinted and their details taken

Asylum claim filed.

Asylum accepted or denied.

Ones denied go back home. Anyone that stayed is violating immigration law. Simple.

People that cross the boarder illegally don't come in a "caravan"

So, why is it a talking point?

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by PDPGuy: 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2018
Latest polls

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2018
Funny thing is with what he wants, Trump himself would not have been a citizen. E don enter wan lock door behind am

3 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2018
radautoworks:
Funny thing is with what he wants, Trump himself would not have been a citizen. E don enter wan lock door behind am

Melania Trumps parents just became citizens grin
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Melania Trumps parents just became citizens grin

Yeah. But Trump's grandparents were not citizens and neither was his mother when he was born. His dad won't have been and ergo him

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 31, 2018
radautoworks:

Yeah. But Trump's grandparents were not citizens and neither was his mother when he was born. His dad won't have been and ergo him

I agree with you.

Blacks and Women didn't use to vote but that was corrected. As an example on changes in the US.

The good thing with the constitution is that it's a living book and can be amended.

The true natives have no more say which is sad. I've been here continuously since 1986 and I've never met a family of Indians.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Taal17: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2018
lillaowow:

I don't see a big deal about it. It shouldn't even be a talking point.

They turned themselves in at the boarder, fingerprinted and their details taken

Asylum claim filed.

Asylum accepted or denied.

Ones denied go back home. Anyone that stayed is violating immigration law. Simple.

People that cross the boarder illegally don't come in a "caravan"

So, why is it a talking point?

How does that work though?
You can't compare
Where do you house that many people coming pending asylum case approvals? The costs for verifying and vetting cases who bares that? Even deportation (if they ever find them) comes at a cost.
The filing burden nko? The backlogs for USCIS and NVC are bad enough.

People are organising themselves via whatsapp groups and Facebook, so this is just the beginning it's a very erious matter that will soon become a security and healthcare burden for the countries in between.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Taal17: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Huh, I hear you.

Unfortunately, the current Republicans in congress, most of them are cowards when is comes to making any drastic changes with immigration.

Sadly true.
Real reform is being traded over red/blue childish bickering
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 01, 2018
Taal17:

You can't compare
Where do you house that many people coming pending asylum case approvals? The costs for verifying and vetting cases who bares that? Even deportation (if they ever find them) comes at a cost.

People are organising themselves via whatsapp groups and Facebook, so this is just the beginning it's a very erious matter that will soon become a security and healthcare burden for the countries in between.

It really is a big deal.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 2:18pm On Nov 01, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It really is a big deal.

It may be but that's what America was created for. To be a country of immigration. A safe Haven for those who need it. And those people in the caravan need it.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2018
Taal17:

You can't compare

They find it very easy to find places to incarcerate minorities and displaced immigrant children they separated from their parents. They make quite a lot of money doing it actually. So yeah, I think they can figure out where to put 3,500 people temporarily.

Kind of like the argument of where to find money for special programs. The same place they find money for that massive war mongering budget whose well never seems to run dry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (73) (Reply)

10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.