Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,877 members, 7,956,314 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:46 AM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (122068 Views)

Us-based Nigerian Man Shows Sleeping 'box' Costing $80/8hrs / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
radautoworks:

It may be but that's what America was created for. To be a country of immigration. A safe Haven for those who need it. And those people in the caravan need it.

Right!

However, like everything in life that was created for also has its limits.

When are you taking some of the caravan into your house to help? cool
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Right!

However, like everything in life that was created for also has its limits.

When are you taking some of the caravan into your house to help? cool

When I'm asked to despite the fact it's the government's job not mine.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2018
radautoworks:

That's what we pay taxes for. Personal and business taxes.

Some of the refugee/assylum seekers are actually released into he custody of their relatives.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2018
radautoworks:

EgunMogaji:

That's what we pay taxes for. Personal and business taxes.

Some of the refugee/assylum seekers are actually released into he custody of their relatives.

The government does not create money...the citizens are the ones that pay taxes(money) to the government to use that same money for their needs and not necessary for other people needs that do not pay into it.

See how Canada is not struggling with their asylum crisis after telling all those that left the US through the US-Canada border to come to them with open arms when trump got though on asylum seeker in the US.

https://www.nairaland.com/4820718/canada-deport-asylum-seekers-walked
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2018
Beautyaddy:

The government does not create money...the citizens are the ones that pay taxes(money) to the government to use that same money for their needs and not necessary for other people needs that do not pay into it.

See how Canada is not struggling with their asylum crisis after telling all those that left the US through the US-Canada border to come to them with open arms when trump got though on asylum seeker in the US.

I don't live in Canada and frankly don't care about Canada and how they operate. But I saw this in the travel section yesterday https://www.nairaland.com/4820718/canada-deport-asylum-seekers-walked

We pay taxes in the USA so that government can use that money to take care of her business. Part of that business is running an immigration system. Just like Madam said, they can find money in the budget to deal with the asylum seekers just as they find money in the budget for wars.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Umm... Actually, the government DOES create money lol. It's called the treasury. They also "create" money by charging taxes and printing it as necessary but these dumbasses would rather keep it and reduce taxes leaving the government with less money and the elites with more. As a business owner you would think I would like this. No. The amount we were paying was not unfair and I am willing to pay taxes for the greater good. You never know what can happen and God forbid but one day I or someone I know might need the services I am paying for.

Everyone keeps touting how wonderful the services Scandinavian countries have are. Go find out how much they pay in taxes. And they do it happily and they all benefit.

Do I also need to point out that while I love America, the USA caused the instability in a lot of the countries of the asylum seekers? So go ahead and "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2018
radautoworks:

Umm... Actually, the government DOES create money lol. It's called the treasury. They also "create" money by charging taxes and printing it as necessary but these dumbasses would rather keep it and reduce taxes leaving the government with less money and the elites with more. As a business owner you would think I would like this. No. The amount we were paying was not unfair and I am willing to pay taxes for the greater good. You never know what can happen and God forbid but one day I or someone I know might need the services I am paying for.

Everyone keeps touting how wonderful the services Scandinavian countries have are. Go find out how much they pay in taxes. And they do it happily and they all benefit.

Do I also need to point out that while I love America, the USA caused the instability in a lot of the countries of the asylum seekers? So go ahead and "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

I no longer going to go back and forth with you. It's obvious we see and accept things differently and that is okay.

Nice to bring up the quote but I still maintain that everything has limits.

Yes, Scandinavia is a blessed country with its citizens enjoying greats benefits due its citizens also paying very high taxes. However, they are not immigrant-friendly.

However, I do agree with you with that statement that it was the US past mistakes the has caused most instability in some of those countries where its citizens are now running away seeking asylum.

Sadly, some hardworking US citizens might have to suffer for it with their hard earned money(taxes).
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2018
Beautyaddy:

I no longer going to go back and forth with you. It's obvious we see and accept things differently and that is okay.

Sadly, some hardworking US citizens might have to suffer for it with their hard earned money(taxes).

I respect your right to disagree as well. Now why can't the rest of the country do the same?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 12:59am On Nov 02, 2018
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lillaowow(m): 1:35am On Nov 03, 2018
I've been canvassing everyone to vote. I don't understand why the relatively young Americans aren't interested.

Sadly, can't vote in this election till 2020.

The really good news about Trump administration and currently political climate is that it has gotten more people involved in (talking about) politics

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by hammed71(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2018
The results on November 6 is going to determine what happens after
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Bossman(m): 12:43am On Nov 04, 2018
Did my early voting today.

lillaowow:
I've been canvassing everyone to vote. I don't understand why the relatively young Americans aren't interested.

Sadly, can't vote in this election till 2020.

The really good news about Trump administration and currently political climate is that it has gotten more people involved in (talking about) politics
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 2:01am On Nov 04, 2018
I agree with EgunMogagi....for those of us who came in through the legal process and paid huge fees in filing for shittt....its bullshity when someone tries to get in through the backdoor and gets free benefits just because they had a child here. The damn govt takes about a third if my hard earned check and then pays it out as benefit to a damn illegal....that's some damn bullshit angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 04, 2018
Holocene:
I agree with EgunMogagi....for those of us who came in through the legal process and paid huge fees in filing for shittt....its bullshity when someone tries to get in through the backdoor and gets free benefits just because they had a child here. The damn govt takes about a third if my hard earned check and then pays it out as benefit to a damn illegal....that's some damn bullshit angry angry angry

There are a lot of Americans who feel like us hence why Trump won. I'm not a Trump guy, but I can see where he's coming from and why he was able to easily fan up his base with rhetoric.

I absolutely detest tourist births. Absolutely.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 3:03am On Nov 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

There are a lot of Americans who feel like us hence why Trump won. I'm not a Trump guy, but I can see where he's coming from and why he was able to easily fan up his base with rhetoric.

Yeah, at least one of the parents should be a citizen or even a green card holder for the kid to be given citizenship. I ain't a Trump guy cos of his obvious racism but there are a lot if issues which should be looked into. If you want to come to the US and enjoy its benefits, then pay your dues like we have done. Shikena

3 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2018
Holocene:

Okay. There is a fundamental misunderstanding here. These people also DO pay all the fees for naturalization and have to go through the process. Only the children get benefits. They do not.

Also, there are some situations where you can wait. Like when you are being murdered or way drove you out off you home. That's when you are referred to as a refugee or seek asylum and Trump doesn't want those either.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
hammed71:
Guys what do you think about the huge caravan headed for the usa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=quz5A87Oqgc
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Birth tourism is really big with Chinese and Russians.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
OyinbowithaTan:

The daily wire is a known conservative far right news outlet that has similar views to Breitbart. It is also known for publishing false narratives. But considering who posted this here I am not surprised. This thread is for facts and not fake news.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Wire
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
Taal17:

It's not rocket science. Other developed countries have work visas temp visas and resident visas and their kids don't get citizenship by birth.
It can be done. Jus soli in other developed countries were mainly stopped for 'birth tourism and anchor babies'

I think the federal policy of granting citizenship to a baby, whose parent is not a citizen of the USA, is unconstitutional. The 14th Amendment says
"subject to the jurisdiction thereof". So a Chinese women on a tourist visa is not a subject of the USA. The same for a woman who is in the USA illegally from Honduras.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
radautoworks:

The daily wire is a known conservative far right news outlet that has similar views to Breitbart. It is also known for publishing false narratives. But considering who posted this here I am not surprised. This thread is for facts and not fake news.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Wire

I believe that it is right leaning. However there is no denying the material support, food, water, medicine, transportation being given to these people, thus the clear NGO manufactured event. It is also important to note that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN etc., are all leftist driven. I actually heard an ABC news radio reporter, Aaron Ketersky (spell check) say on the radio that NFL football players are indentured servants.....it was last February. I am not kidding, and he was serious. What does Aaron make? $200,000 vs a Football player who makes $10 Million. That kinda mindset is rampant in the main stream media.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2018
OyinbowithaTan:

I think the federal policy of granting citizenship to a baby, whose parent is not a citizen of the USA, is unconstitutional. The 14th Amendment says
"subject to the jurisdiction thereof". So a Chinese women on a tourist visa is not a subject of the USA. The same for a woman who is in the USA illegally from Honduras.

The interpretation of this quote has been neglected for many decades.

I guess with the high rise of abuse from birth tourism and anchor babies government benefits that people just started to pay attention to it.

It is only with the intervention of the US Supreme court can this be eventually interpreted correctly and addressed.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2018
OyinbowithaTan:

Birth tourism is really big with Chinese and Russians.

For sure.

Immigration just busted a Chinese Birth House near me here a few months ago. They turned a million dollar home in a private community to a birth center.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

For sure.

Immigration just busted a Chinese Birth House near me here a few months ago. They turned a million dollar home in a private community to a birth center.

Chinese Americans got busted big in Los Angeles. They own apartment complexes that they fill with pregnant Chinese women on a tourist visa preparing to give birth. I guess the illegal aspect is coaching them on who to fill out the visa application and concealing the pregnancy from Customs at the airport.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2018
OyinbowithaTan:

I have mixed feelings.

As a Nigerian I understand why they are coming, not in agreement but I get it.

As an American I say F this BS. You just can't appear at the border in the thousands and claim asylum. Some of them passed through many countries, so why not ask for asylum there? Isn't asylum just a means to get to a safe harbor?

It's messy and will get messier and I am just glad that I don't have a job that will require me to have to make some of these hard decisions that will affect families.

Frankly I can't wait to bounce out of here.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2018
Beautyaddy:

I guess with the high rise of abuse from birth tourism and anchor babies government benefits that people just started to pay attention to it.

It is only with the intervention of the US Supreme court can this be eventually interpreted correctly and addressed.

Eventually a court decision would be the best way to manage this. It is also important to remember that the 13th,14th and 15th Amendments were expressly designed for African Americans, and inserted shortly after the Civil War. As best as I know regarding constitutional things, the actual language matters then there is "intent".
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

For sure.

Interesting!

Sadly, Trump(as most disliked he may be sometimes tells the bitter truth) was complaining about it during one of his rallies right before the midterms. Also he complained about how those two countries hate Americans but want to have American babies.

I think China does not encourage dual citizenship but not sure about Russia.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqiaNPsC69g

Mexican parents who have a US citizen child, moves to city near the US/Mexico border on the Mexican border. Parent puts child across the border to board bus to school.

@RadAutoWorks, what fees did the parents contribute to their kids getting US education, hospital, social services?

I can understand as a family person and the potential usefulness to the US society if these kids should become the next Einstein BUT........
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2018
Beautyaddy:

And Trump is bringing it up.

I'm a card carrying Democrat who crosses the aisle to vote on issue if necessary. I am certain that no Democrat would bring it up.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I have mixed feelings.

As an American I say F this BS. You just can't appear at the border in the thousands and claim asylum. Some of them passed through many countries, so why not ask for asylum there? Isn't asylum just a means to get to a safe harbor?

It's messy and will get messier and I am just glad that I don't have a job that will require me to have to make some of these hard decisions that will affect families.

I don't blame you.

Some of those law makers in Congress are benefiting from the broken US immigration system and are not ready to make changes...sadly.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

And Trump is bringing it up.

I'm a card carrying Democrat who crosses the aisle to vote on issue if necessary. I am certain that no Democrat would bring it up.

No, and you already know the reason why? VOTES.

Most if not all those children born from those illegal immigrants parents have a higher chance of voting Democrats into office.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I have mixed feelings.

Mexico offered asylum. If I was Honduran I would probably do the same thing. Nonetheless the money behind it creating an intentional conflict aimed to subvert USA law. It is also really no different than being "caught" by border patrol, not enough beds then they are released with a deportation court date that they never show up to, and vanish into America. There are some good docs on youtube about illegal immigration from the Darian Gap up through all of C. America. A smuggler can have a group 20-30 they can be from anywhere, India, Congo, Nigeria, Venezuela, Haiti, Brazil etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (73) (Reply)

10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.