Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (117880 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 20, 2018
stonemasonn:
I’ll try gym. Church I’m bored with church same thing every Sunday.

Wait, are you trying to meet people in general or women?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 2:03am On Aug 20, 2018
lillaowow:

Do like me, talk to lots of girls you ain't interested in. Be really firendly. You will always get invite every week to somewhere, that way you ain't bored. grin

Don't forget the number 1 rule, don't ever get intimate with coworkers

Very true,like they don't shit where you eat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lillaowow(m): 2:20am On Aug 20, 2018
You can also use self lender to help build credit.

Your credit history, socre and matters a lot and counts towards your overall success in America.

You need to have credit (be in debt per say), a good one by that to be able to achieve "American dream" easily

When I bought my car, I could have paid fully for it but I got a good deal and a really low interest rate due to my credit.

I used the money for other pending business..

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by rinzaugustine: 4:25am On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

If handled right from the start,all it takes is 6 months for a 750
How?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 4:32am On Aug 20, 2018
Backfornow:

Wait, are you trying to meet people in general or women?
people in general.................but women won’t be bad.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:50am On Aug 20, 2018
Kenyag:
Hello Friends,

My brother got a fellowship which is accompained with a fully funded scholarship for a master's programme.

After series of discussions, the VO mentioned that the 1-20 carried personal funds, which he clarifed that the organization would be responsible for paying that to the school and handed the Organization's Statement of account to the VO, who gave him a white paper placing his status on Administrative Processing.

What should he do as school resumes on the 26th? He mentioned that the VO also said school resumed on the 26th hence he will hear from them.

Any advice friends?

I'm not sure what advice you're asking about. He seems set...
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:53am On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
Shed more light on C-Corporation and S-Corporation. From the information I got, S-Corp enjoy more tax privileges and its only open to PR/Citizens.

LLC is all you need to protect your s assets. Once you start going Corp, your enter A WHOLE lot of caveats and requirements that will require you to pay a VERY good full time accountant. Unless you are a huge company, not worth it m

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:55am On Aug 20, 2018
Backfornow:

I believe what she is referring to is hourly employees (not salary) who work more than their normal 40 hours a week are considered overtime. Overtime pay is 1.5x your regular pay. Because of this, you are now placed in a higher tax bracket.

I know she said hourly and still not true in Texas. You are better off making time and a half at one job than two jobs at full time. The increase in tax bracket is not much.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:56am On Aug 20, 2018
Backfornow:

Mortgage companies look at 4 things...
1. Credit score- Are you paying bills on time, do you have negative reports filed against you? Debt to income ratio- How much debt do you have in relation to how much money you are bringing in ?
2. Income- Do you have enough income to make the payments?
3. Current Debt- How much? What kind, credit card vs student loan debt? Are you almost at the maximum amount of debt that was given to you?
4. Down payment percentage- How much can you make for a down payment.

https://www.discover.com/home-loans/blog/what-banks-look-at-when-approving-a-home-loan

What he said

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:58am On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
Information is power. In the near future, I should be looking towards building a good credit score which I'll use to buy several vacation homes and rent out as an investment vehicle. Is it also possible to apply and get approved for mortgage for more than one vacation home or property maybe up to five at the same time.

Yes, with tip notch credit 800up and more importantly, income to show you can afford the multiple mortgages.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:59am On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
Information is power. In the near future, I should be looking towards building a good credit score which I'll use to buy several vacation homes and rent out as an investment vehicle. Is it also possible to apply and get approved for mortgage for more than one vacation home or property maybe up to five at the same time.

Yes, with tip notch credit 800up and more importantly, income to show you can afford the multiple mortgages. Realistically, you'll be lucky to get two or three.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:00am On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
Will the salary earned by founder/shareholder of a C-Corp be taxed just like is being taxed on S-Corp founder/shareholder's salary.

Depends on whether your pay yourself a salary or do owner equity draws.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:03am On Aug 20, 2018
Backfornow:

NV too bad.
There arent any colleagues that you would consider being friends with outside of work?
The thing with many Americans is that they are reserved and wary of strangers and tend to stick to their inner circle. They will open up to you but you most likely are going to have to make the first move.

GOD I love Texas! NV and CA sound depressing! I only go to CA on our annual family Disney/universal/Sea world trips. Texas has the food, the people, low cost of living. What's not to love?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:04am On Aug 20, 2018
lillaowow:
You can also use [b]self lender [/b]to help build credit.

Your credit history, socre and matters a lot and counts towards your overall success in America.

You need to have credit (be in debt per say), a good one by that to be able to achieve "American dream" easily

When I bought my car, I could have paid fully for it but I got a good deal and a really low interest rate due to my credit.

I used the money for other pending business..

Yup with as low as $25 a month

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:05am On Aug 20, 2018
rinzaugustine:
How?

Scroll back up in threads. Detail was given
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Kenyag: 5:08am On Aug 20, 2018
Hello,

By set you mean he will be issued a Visa?

radautoworks:

I'm not sure what advice you're asking about. He seems set...
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:12am On Aug 20, 2018
In case you're wondering where I'm getting my information from, I started on F1 (with no intention of naturalization. Was forced by parents to go to school overseas), worked as a graduate teaching and research assistant while on F1, acquired 5 degrees (three advanced) which I used to move on to H1 in various fields including education, petroleum, Auto and business & finance, progressed to Green card (after some drama and accidentally becoming illegal for a year which should have disqualified me and I had to fight the appeal), during that period owned a sole proprietorship and then an LLC, married an American and had children. So I pick and choose the questions I answer and only answer the ones where I KNOW what I'm talking about.

Been there done most of it lol

4 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:14am On Aug 20, 2018
Kenyag:
Hello,

By set you mean he will be issued a Visa?

With this administration, I don't know what to tell you. If he had financial proof of ability to provide for himself and ties to Nigeria, normally it would be a given.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Kenyag: 5:22am On Aug 20, 2018
Hello,

He wasn't asked about his ties, since it is a fully funded scholarship, he provided the organization's statement of account which the VO requested for and mentioned that it would be verifed. The VO is with the 1-20, statement of account and passport.

radautoworks:

With this administration, I don't know what to tell you. If he had financial proof of ability to provide for himself and ties to Nigeria, normally it would be a given.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:24am On Aug 20, 2018
Kenyag:
Hello,

He wasn't asked about his ties, since it is a fully funded scholarship, he provided the organization's statement of account which the VO requested for and mentioned that it would be verifed. The VO is with the 1-20, statement of account and passport.

Answer remains unchanged.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Kenyag: 5:28am On Aug 20, 2018
Thank you

radautoworks:

Answer remains unchanged.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 5:39am On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

GOD I love Texas! NV and CA sound depressing! I only go to CA on our annual family Disney/universal/Sea world trips. Texas has the food, the people, low cost of living. What's not to love?
Houston Has lots of black people I heard.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 7:37am On Aug 20, 2018
stonemasonn:
Houston Has lots of black people I heard.

That's an understatement lol especially if you meet a black person on the sw side,flip a coin,they're probably Nigerian grin
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 9:23am On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

That's an understatement lol especially if you meet a black person on the sw side,flip a coin,they're probably Nigerian grin
Hmnnn I may decide relocating there ooo, I don’t know about jobs and cost of living though.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 10:28am On Aug 20, 2018
Lol. The sweet sixteen really got me laughing. There should be even sweet fourteen over there. Do you school in CA.
stonemasonn:
No NV, my company have so many jobs at CA. That’s why I know CA.

Yes I’m an introvert, the problem is just adjusting to the way of life.
For instance anytime I go into McDonald’s I just request for combo grin, beef burger, potato fries and soda. When they suggest anything else I simply say yes or no...I just don’t have an idea . I be correct village man.
If I go to restaurants with my colleagues I wait for them to make their orders then follow theirs smiley or just look at the various pictures in the menu and point.

In Naija nothing is complicated.
Kai I miss fresh Iwedu soup
...... and those organic Oshodi sweet sixteens tongue
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by timifakay(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:
In case you're wondering where I'm getting my information from, I started on F1 (with no intention of naturalization. Was forced by parents to go to school overseas), worked as a graduate teaching and research assistant while on F1, acquired 5 degrees (three advanced) which I used to move on to H1 in various fields including education, petroleum, Auto and business & finance, progressed to Green card (after some drama and accidentally becoming illegal for a year which should have disqualified me and I had to fight the appeal), during that period owned a sole proprietorship and then an LLC, married an American and had children. So I pick and choose the questions I answer and only answer the ones where I KNOW what I'm talking about.

Been there done most of it lol

Igi ìwé!
Make I copy your Ibadan competition?
Just that he may derail this beautiful thread, but I'll post definitely paste this on any thread he creates.

This is a great thread, stumbled on it and just read through every post, really giving me second thoughts about this Nigeria we call a country...
Following.
Thumbs up to the numerous contributors.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 10:35am On Aug 20, 2018
stonemasonn:
Hmnnn I may decide relocating there ooo, I don’t know about jobs and cost of living though.

Houston is one of the few states booming when others struggle. Jobs galore. It's also a huge medical hub. Heads of state come there for treatment. What field are you in.

E.g. you can rent a 3 bed/2.5 bath upstairs/downstairs house in a decent neighborhood for$1,000-1,500 or buy one for under $100k

Good luck with that in Cali.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2018
timifakay:

Igi ìwé!
Make I copy your Ibadan competition?
Just that he may derail this beautiful thread, but I'll post definitely paste this on any thread he creates.

This is a great thread, stumbled on it and just read through every post, really giving me second thoughts about this Nigeria we call a country...
Following.
Thumbs up to the numerous contributors.

Lol! I think he had enough. Funny thing is they are all in completely disparate fields. My last one was completed in 2013. Was going to add law but my husband and Papa don tire lol

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2018
But can one still start with an S-Corp which is an LLC and later convert to C-Corp when looking towards expanding and seeking funding from venture capitalists.
radautoworks:

LLC is all you need to protect your s assets. Once you start going Corp, your enter A WHOLE lot of caveats and requirements that will require you to pay a VERY good full time accountant. Unless you are a huge company, not worth it m
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2018
Wow. Am in love with this American credit system because I have a strategic plan of how I can accomplish that by building my business over there.
radautoworks:

Yes, with tip notch credit 800up and more importantly, income to show you can afford the multiple mortgages.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2018
Two or three at a time with one mortgage bank or more than mortgage bank.
radautoworks:

Yes, with tip notch credit 800up and more importantly, income to show you can afford the multiple mortgages. Realistically, you'll be lucky to get two or three.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2018
Dremca:
But can one still start with an S-Corp which is an LLC and later convert to C-Corp when looking towards expanding and seeking funding from venture capitalists.

IMHO, just just get a basic LLC. I'm a franchise owner and it suits us just fine. Worry about the rest later. I love that you're thinking big but one mistake and it's VERY hard to recover. Start simple and upgrade when you need to. You can do it online by yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply)

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.