Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm (2640 Views)

The Street Hustle Is Frustrating Me (needs Help) / "Away From The Storm In Lagos" - Femi Otedola Speaks From Paris / How To Hustle In Ghana As A Nigerian. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 12:34am On Aug 17, 2018
Firstly, I wish to thank Ymodulus for setting the stage for magnetic minds who love to take challenges and question things about their environment.

I wish to give maximum respect to the men who built their hustle off the street from scratch, with no internet tools or software... but just pure determination, acute foresight, mesmerizing manoeuvre, die hard come back and rejection proof... They are the real MVP.

This is set piece from a real life happenings but I do not consider myself an authoritative writer nor a captivator of interest but I will do my best to put it nicely for people to follow.

It will also serve as motivating spring board for others who have their dreams being threatened by unseen or unexpected forces...

3 Likes

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 12:44am On Aug 17, 2018
In my spare time, I will try to update this thread as I move along. I never thought for a second I would be creating something like this until I was done, however, I need some sort of motivation as well at this point in time.

In order to not raise tentacles, I will specifically not mention figures involved so that readers and audience can pay more attention to the underlying lessons therein.

I am doing this because I have noticed that most humans are often attracted by money involved in any business idea while neglecting the core principles and lessons that will better improve their lives.

We all need money but focusing on the money often bring little to no money but focusing on the processes and systems will bring you tremendous benefits beyond your wildest imaginations.

2 Likes

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by Demogorgon(m): 12:57am On Aug 17, 2018
Following...

1 Like

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by FIDELITY24(m): 6:21am On Aug 17, 2018
I position here, waiting for your update.

1 Like

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by horlumightyy(m): 9:10am On Aug 17, 2018
Patiently waiting

1 Like

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by gift01: 10:03am On Aug 17, 2018
Following
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 17, 2018
Following
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by bigboyobi(m): 10:25am On Aug 17, 2018
let's go there! check my signature
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
In 2017, I had an epiphany after weeks of brainstorming. This encapsulates my business model based on pre-existing models that I has been in operations for decades. You do not need to reinvent the wheel, remember?

The genesis of this journey was triggered after I read a legendary post from Ronald Nzimora (Many of you internet business personalities should know him) during the MMM era. In one of those post, he said people are willing to pay you money if you can bring them money and if they do not have the money, they will borrow from another source just to make sure they do not miss an opportunity.

This was quite clear with the way MMM was operating that time--there were quite a lot of evidences that people were borrowing money to fund their MMM scheme.

Though, I can't really remember exactly how he put it, but the summary of it all was that, there is so much money hidden and saved somewhere so much that people do not know what to do with it. It is your duty, if you really want it, to make them hand over that money but legitimately by making them an offer they can't refuse.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
You see, I started business using the internet, I made a lot of money that could sustain me for long period of time. I took over a thread on nairaland after I discovered that the OP wasn't as knowledgeable as needed and my involvement in that thread changed the course of events for a lot of people.

Then it was time to move away from all that and build something new, something I have never done before, mostly in a terrain I have no knowledge on but I had this inkling or urge to move away from using PC much too often and focus strictly on offline business.

INSANITY!

Oh yes, when you look at the situation wherein everybody is running online, why would you want to go offline? But like Oladayo042 wink once mentioned on nairaland, he described me as someone who likes to experiment many things and truly, that is who I am.

And this new 'fever' was not an exception either.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
In order to start this new journey, I had previously tested different product ideas, burnt money through wallet, I kept burning and was looking for something.

I could remember telling a friend that I am going breakthrough on this and I will never give up, but I never told him I may not use the internet much after I had found what I was looking for.

The urge came when I also noticed that some of the biggest guys in entrepreneurial world do not sit behind their PC too often, instead, they built real world solutions by going out there to move the cheese.

In order to start, I outlined a few pointers that my system should abide by.

1. Solve a problem
2. No giving up
3. It should make participants money (people who work to make sure my ideas become a reality)
4. have recurring potentials.
5. Have national demand.

With this in mind, I started the first one after a few months with Jo after sharing an idea with him. I think it was around April, 2017.

Let's call this dude Jo for this post.

We both worked hard to make sure it becomes a success, we didn't care if we had a clear knowledge of what we were proposing. In fact, I had no idea how to go about it but I started any way.

We started with a model and kept improving on it everyday and never failing to take advice from people who gave it. A friend (let's call him Pat) told me that if I want to get something done, I have to get a physical prototype and present to would be clients. I did that and the reception was increased, they could feel it and their face beamed with excitement.

Technically, in the first few weeks, I was more interested in how they react to what we were proposing and I mentally recorded this reactions in order to know what type of idea to work on.

But the down side was that there were lots of promises here and there from 4 persons than never amount to anything.

In October 2017, while on my way for my Uncle's burial in the East, I had a mild accident (first experience since I was 3 years old) that had me traumatized for weeks with a stop over in Benin. I lodged into an hotel and just stayed alone without seeing anyone. My elder brother was in Benin but I never told him what happened until next day, of course I had no intention to inform my elder sister because I wasn't ready to make anybody feel too worried.

While at the burial, I got a call from Jo who informed me that some persons were interested in what we had at hand. I could feel the excitement in his voice. So I told him to go ahead with them until I came back. On getting back, I told him we couldn't use the previous model but I will have to change it to avoid story that touch.

He was reluctant at first but I made him see reasons with me and accepted my suggestion.

We both worked with this new people from then till early 2018 and when it was time for payment, things well stalled for scrutiny. I could understand the reason because the own of the organization (I wouldn't want to mention the name) we were dealing with has to sign every documents to avoid being ripped off.

I could understand his sentiments because even his own brother, from what I heard, do cheat him.

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by Kala11(m): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Following
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by MrScamp(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Following bro
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2018
Enough with the intro...

I had share the above so that readers may know where I am coming from... we continue tomorrow.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2018

With our first project and payment on hold due to scrutiny by the boss of the organization, I had to start thinking of any product/service idea to pursue.

In all of these, I was the bulk financier, including paying transport for Jo to go to Abia and Anambra state to see if we could get a deal done. He went to these places before we eventually found someone in our location.

I love this dude for his sheer determination. He has a driving force I have never seen in my life. He is an Igbo boy from Ebonyi like myself , while I am from Anambra. But when you think about his drive, I can say he is physically what I am mentally. So we tend to complement each other's weaknesses.

Usually, I am the idea creator, planner and he is the executor. One of his key importance is that dude knows people, as in, a lot of people that weren't so useful to him financially until I came into the picture.

I met Jo in 2014 when I needed some tiles and plumbing materials as I was planning relocating from Benin city to the South West. In 2016, our relationship blossomed, became stronger and in our daily interactions, I could see so much fire in him, the kind that if given the opportunity, will not waste time to make move.

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
Now to the main reason for creating this thread...

Like I said earlier, I had to start thinking of another service I could render because there was no point waiting for the one on hold.

My brain was activated on what next to do and where I could fit in. As I was engaging my mind and brain, something drew my attention to the complaints of people around me. There was a day I followed a friend to a place and he was so full of rage due to same problem. I came on nairaland and people complained about this same problem.

I caught on the wave and I felt I could do something about it.

But the problem is... it is a national monster and cancer to behold. Where will I get the finance to handle this monster considering that I had not been paid for the previous project that I did.

The beauty of it all is that this very new idea/project is 1000 times bigger than the previous I executed with instant payment assured or guaranteed but I had no way to start due to lack of finance.

I did my findings to ascertain that I could source the solution and yes, I could.

While still doing some digging, I buzzed Pat (the guy I talked about previously) and told him about my plans to venture into this terrain. He is someone I really like and saw as a brother to me, not just a friend as we had come a long way.

His first response was: "They (cabals as we know exist in many Nigerian sectors) will frustrate you." I told him okay and left.

I called on Jo and asked him if he knew anyone from so and so sector. He said yes (Jo knows people, I tell you), he has a neighbour who is retired. I said to Jo, we have another project on hand and all I need you to do is speak to you neighbour and find out a few things from.

Like the ever ready combat soldier that he is, he got on it after closing from his shop for the day. I got a reply that night that he has spoken to the neighbour and the neighbour was astonished we could come up with something like this.

Let's call the neighbour Baba (old enough to be my father of course). Baba assured him that he will speak to his friend and get us a link. Baba eventually got us a link through his own friend and so, we set up a meeting.

Hmmmm... Let me stop here. My mood changed... This is one of the most daunting task I have undertaken. I will continue when I regain consciousness.

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2018
It has been tough people... I would not want to say I was turned down many times but I would rather say people missed opportunity many times because of fear and doubt.

I will continue as soon as I solve the last piece of puzzle.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by charlsy(m): 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ride on bro. Eager to hear more to get fired up as well

1 Like

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
charlsy:
Ride on bro. Eager to hear more to get fired up as well
Thank you.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by OCTAVO: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
smiley

1 Like

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 8:42am On Aug 26, 2018
OCTAVO:
smiley
Boss boss..
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 12:04am On Aug 30, 2018
Hmm...
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by wiseman2: 1:52am On Aug 30, 2018
Continue pls
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by holysaint1(m): 6:15am On Aug 30, 2018
Such stories is what motivates young grads like me.... I believe the key thing in this ur story (for now) is partnership... As it might seem impossible for one man to forge ahead with whatever daring plan he or she has at hand (taking into cognizance the current economic terrain) without a like partner who shares almost the same dreams with you..
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by Silvermoney: 7:39am On Aug 30, 2018
This should be interesting. We hustlers are always eager to learn something new. You never can tell the little spark that can trigger the huge flame of incredible wealth.

Ride on my brother. We're with you.

1 Like

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 1:45pm On Sep 02, 2018
holysaint1:
Such stories is what motivates young grads like me.... I believe the key thing in this ur story (for now) is partnership... As it might seem impossible for one man to forge ahead with whatever daring plan he or she has at hand (taking into cognizance the current economic terrain) without a like partner who shares almost the same dreams with you..
Hmmmm you have an idea of what I am facing but trust me, I am not giving up.

God will prevail.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
Silvermoney:
This should be interesting. We hustlers are always eager to learn something new. You never can tell the little spark that can trigger the huge flame of incredible wealth.

Ride on my brother. We're with you.

Thanks bro.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by africanman85: 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2018
HelpMySoul:

Thanks bro.
Yet to get your point

3 Likes

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
africanman85:
Yet to get your point
What point? If you are waiting for me to mention what I am doing specifically, you won't find it. Sorry. That is not why I created the thread cos most people are always looking for the "next best shinny object"

I won't dare mention what it is all about.

Apparently, the thread is not for everyone. No product name will ever be mentioned, no niche will ever be mentioned.

I can't help you with that I guess.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by africanman85: 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
HelpMySoul:
What point? If you are waiting for me to mention what I am doing specifically, you won't find it. Sorry. That is not why I created the thread cos most people are always looking for the "next best shinny object"

I won't dare mention what it is all about.

Apparently, the thread is not for everyone. No product name will ever be mentioned, no niche will ever be mentioned.

I can't help you with that I guess.
How are sure that u are telling d truth without proof ? So we should be reading all this long epistle ?

2 Likes

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2018
africanman85:
How are sure that u are telling d truth without proof ? So we should be reading all this long epistle ?
I don't need you to believe.

The one that Ymodulus shared, apart from importation, I believe you were among the readers, what have you done with it?

Is it my own that will now make any difference?

Like I said, no niche or product will be mentioned and I know that is the "sense" you are waiting for.

Sorry to disappoint you... And no, there is no "we" but "you" looking for "point " in my write up so that you can add to all other "points" you have been compiling from thread to thread but hardly used.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) / Gtb Online 3rd Party Transfer Question / [CLOSED!]Free Website For Your Bussiness - Batch B [8 Spots Left!]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.