Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm (2639 Views)

The Street Hustle Is Frustrating Me (needs Help) / "Away From The Storm In Lagos" - Femi Otedola Speaks From Paris / How To Hustle In Ghana As A Nigerian. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2018
HelpMySoul:
I don't need you to believe.

The one that Ymodulus shared, apart from importation, I believe you were among the readers, what have you done with it?

Is it my own that will now make any difference?

Like I said, no niche or product will be mentioned and I know that is the "sense" you are waiting for.

Sorry to disappoint you... And no, there is no "we" but "you" looking for "point " in my write up so that you can add to all other "points" you have been compiling from thread to thread but hardly used. grin
This guys sef
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2018
ClixMaster:
This guys sef
bros, Na true Na.

Waiting for the next best product that someone else is pushing before you know what to do will not take you far.

If you so much desire it, you wont need to wait for someone else to show you a specific product or services but you will go out there and get things done by yourself.

This is not my headache now.

1 Like

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by africanman85: 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
HelpMySoul:
bros, Na true Na.

Waiting for the next best product that someone else is pushing before you know what to do will not take you far.

If you so much desire it, you wont need to wait for someone else to show you a specific product or services but you will go out there and get things done by yourself.

grin
HelpMySoul:
bros, Na true Na.

You are funny. If u teach someone, will your name change ? Ok, give me your number let me beep u.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
africanman85:
;DYou are funny. If u teach someone, will your name change ? Ok, give me your number let me beep u.
lol bros, my problem right now is how to solve the problem I am facing and nothing else.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2018
Please don't derail. That is enough. We will have time for other chit chat.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2018
Hello Friends,

The major reason why I haven't concluded or updated is because i was trying to get a financier to partner with on a shared ration.

We tried every damn thing to get someone to do the deal with us but they felt it is scam. Majority, including people who knew me personally, thought it is not legit.

The list is endless but I am glad I have finally learned a few things about my fellow Nigerians.

Some that I explained to felt things has be complex to make it legit and since what I explained is too simple, then it is a scam.

It is easy for the poor to spot opportunity than for the rich, so I learned. Those who believed in it didn't have the money but those that had the money didn't believe.

It is easy for the not so educated to spot opportunity than over educated to spot opportunity, so I learned. What you know can kill you because it will breed doubt.

There are some business models and information that you will NEVER find online among all those "top 10" or "100 business" list but men are quietly making serious money from it.

The list is endless...

However, the ONLY person that assured me of doing this with me is my in law.

Unfortunately he was not in the country all this while and I thought I could get it done before his return due to FOMO (fear of missing out) but I failed to find a single person that is willing. I had to give up yesterday and just wait for my in law.

He will be in the country later this month, next week or the week after.

Lastly, I don't think I will update this thread beyond this. I will rather just list my experience of what I learned in the process in another thread..

I had to decide this option to avoid some nairalanders who might say things that could derail or move me to anger. I am not usually calm when triggered as I someone tried above this post.

I do not intend to name the product or industry but it does not make what I am sharing false. And since I won't be giving such info, some persons will capitalize on this. They attacked Ymodulus that gave full disclosure of his model, product and market but he was calm. I am not that calm when triggered and I will like to avoid such events completely.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by DonX001: 11:10am On Sep 13, 2018
HelpMySoul:
What point? If you are waiting for me to mention what I am doing specifically, you won't find it. Sorry. That is not why I created the thread cos most people are always looking for the "next best shinny object"

I won't dare mention what it is all about.

Apparently, the thread is not for everyone. No product name will ever be mentioned, no niche will ever be mentioned.

I can't help you with that I guess.

Guy, I've read through your whole thread, and you haven't said anything sensible from the beginning till now.
You're basically blowing hot air, saying many words without actually saying anything meaningful at all.

The entire first page and most of this 2nd page is just a load of storytelling without any real business lessons, just essentially silly stories and hot air.

If you want to write a real business update thread, look at other people's threads and see what they've done.
You don't have to state your exact business to make sense.
Look at this thread by 1k001-

https://www.nairaland.com/2181066/tech-start-up-journey

People saw the value in his posts, and told him so.

The other guy Africanman25 had told you so earlier, but you choose to ignore his constructive criticism.

This is not beef, this is not being a hater. It is simply telling you the facts exactly as they are.
You can choose to use the feedback wisely, or dump it.

3 Likes

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
DonX001:

Guy, I've read through your whole thread, and you haven't said anything sensible from the beginning till now.
You're basically blowing hot air, saying many words without actually saying anything meaningful at all.

The entire first page and most of this 2nd page is just a load of storytelling without any real business lessons, just essentially silly stories and hot air.

If you want to write a real business update thread, look at other people's threads and see what they've done.
You don't have to state your exact business to make sense.
Look at this thread by 1k001-

https://www.nairaland.com/2181066/tech-start-up-journey

People saw the value in his posts, and told him so.

The other guy Africanman25 had told you so earlier, but you choose to ignore his constructive criticism.

This is not beef, this is not being a hater. It is simply telling you the facts exactly as they are.
You can choose to use the feedback wisely, or dump it.

Like I said, I am not gonna mention prouduct name or industry. I know it is meaningless to you cos of that....

I won't. After that other guy stated it, I knew this is what you all will capitalize on and hence why I wont continue with the thread anymore because there are over 20 more persons coming after you to repeat this same line like the guy before you and all because I have refused to mention the exact product or industry.

Yes, I am like that. If I have a way to prevent any one from doing a future business that I intend to do, which nobody is currently paying attention to right now as I type, I will do it!

The reason is simple, an average Nigerian waits for you to do the whole work and only for them to come and copy and saturate and in most cases ruin the system.

The thread is meaningless and will be if I continue because I have refused to mention what is the key business we are dealing with.

So bro, trust me. This thread has ended.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by DonX001: 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
HelpMySoul:

Like I said, I am not gonna mention prouduct name or industry. I know it is meaningless to you cos of that....

I won't. After that other guy stated it, I knew this is what you all will capitalize on and hence why I wont continue with the thread anymore because there are over 20 more persons coming after you to repeat this same line like the guy before you and all because I have refused to mention the exact product or industry.

Yes, I am like that. If I have a way to prevent any one from doing a future business that I intend to do, which nobody is currently paying attention to right now as I type, I will do it!

The reason is simple, an average Nigerian waits for you to do the whole work and only for them to come and copy and saturate and in most cases ruin the system.

The thread is meaningless and will be if I continue because I have refused to mention what is the key business we are dealing with.

Thank you very much.
At least you had the good conscience to admit that you had nothing sensible to offer.
Thanks for stopping the thread and saving our time that we would have wasted reading a pile of baloney.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by HelpMySoul: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
DonX001:

Thank you very much.
At least you had the good conscience to admit that you had nothing sensible to offer.
Thanks for stopping the thread and saving our time that we would have wasted reading a pile of baloney.
Cheers!
lol... Keep searching for the next big thing.
Re: My Street Hustle... In Eye Of The Storm by Silvermoney: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2018
HelpMySoul:

Forget the detractors, I'm a big fan and I can deduce the nuggets of sense you're making with your ideas... Don't end the thread abeg, ride on.

Pls provide some extra clues...

Is this idea a product or service offering?

If it's a product, is it locally sourced and what is the logistical requirement?

Any other helpful clues and general insights without necessarily mentioning the koko.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GET A VERIFIED STRIPE ACCOUNT IN YOUR NAME / Merrybet..... Pls And Pls Pay Me My Money / Relaible Air And Sea Shipping Company From Bangladesh, India To Nigeria, Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.