Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" (18007 Views)

You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... / Who's More Influential In The Yoruba Interest; Vice President Or First Lady? / Osun 2018: Two Governorship Candidates Emerge In SDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2018
Metuh:
Hungry man, na their way of life. Afonjs. grin

Who take your biscuit?

3 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Ahmed234sokoto: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mosesm:
I said before. 2019 election will be concluded as early as November this year. Sai Baba!

Guber poll: Gani Adams acknowledges strategic position of Osun

The Are Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Chief Gani Adams, has acknowledged the strategic position of Osun State in Yoruba affairs.

He said yesterday in Osogbo,the state capital,that he is interested in the September 22 governorship election because Yoruba interest is involved.

He spoke at the IleriOluwa Campaign Organization, when he paid a courtesy visit to the All Progressives Congress governorship candidate, Mr. Gboyega Oyetola.

Adams said he admired the virtuous characters of the incumbent governor, Mr. Rauf Areegbesola and of Oyetola.

He promised support for the APC candidate because of “Yoruba interest.”

He warned that the Yoruba agenda must not be politicized under any guise and for whatever reason.

Responding, Oyetola expressed gratitude to Adams for the visit.

He corroborated the strategic position of Osun in Yorubaland, saying values for which Yoruba are known must not be allowed to die.

He promised to use his office when he becomes the governor to promote culture and tradition of the race.

Oyetola maintained that he would ensure that the progress recorded by the Rauf Aregbesola in many sectors of the economy does not suffer a set back,adding that he would break new grounds that would be the pride of the Yoruba .

http://thenationonlineng.net/guber-poll-gani-adams-acknowledges-strategic-position-of-osun/

JOIN 30MILLION SARAKI APOSTLES NATIONWIDE TODAY
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Johnnyessence(m): 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
he attend osun osogbo yesterday, so that is not a new thing. alot of yoruba youths group have been endorsing the candidacy of distinguish senator ademola adeleke of pdp. even Ooni of Ife throw his support for serubawon 2 of Africa.
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Bakerdav: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
Apc will never win in osun state again,
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by adioolayi(m): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mynd44:
Does that mean Senator Adeleke is not Yoruba?
He is..... Adams is just trying to protect Yoruba heritage. we just read yesterday or so, how Osun government declared Monday as Public holiday for traditional worshippers. Such thing can be eradicated by any new government that is not progressive. See the opon imo and many other traditional things embraced by Aregbeshola. Aare Ona kakanfo of Yoruba land is not ready to gamble with those privileges our core tradition as Yoruba is enjoying in Osun. This is not politics, it is only a reasonable thinking.

9 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by EarthXmetahuman: 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mynd44:
same way fayoshe and ffk are Yorubas but we know they are omo ales protecting the interest of Jews wannabes.

We don't want another fayoshe in South West . I rather have omisore than adeleke.

10 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2018
sarrki:

He his but not protecting the interest of Yoruba

All we are looking for is integration of the whole southwest

We don’t want fifth columnist

Southwest money should rotate with southwest

We don’t want anyone to be given monthly due to a godfather outside the region

Let all the money remain there while we aligned with the central to get more
Oga you've said it all.

6 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by michoim(m): 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Good one from Chief Gani Adams

6 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2018
Johnnyessence:
he attend osun osogbo yesterday, so that is not a new thing. alot of yoruba youths group have been endorsing the candidacy of distinguish senator ademola adeleke of pdp. even Ooni of Ife throw his support for serubawon 2 of Africa.

You and fake news. Ooni supporting Adeleke? When Omisore an Ife man is contesting! APC will trounce PDP again.

6 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Neatnewz: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Be like say eno one better for this man, which Yoruba, we No like APC Abeg...
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Bobby4090: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
G
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Bobby4090: 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mynd44:

I think what he means is simply. He believes that the Yoruba should be integrated as one both politically and socially. Yorubas have always been progressives. From AG to UPN to AD.
Having PDP capture a Yoruba state will mean Wike and other outsiders dictating what happens in the state and will bring about disunity considering that PDP is weakest in the SW. And besides its APC that recognized Abiola and June 12.
Obasanjo even as a Yoruba man never did anything for SW and never honoured Abiola. He and PDP never ruled in Yoruba interest. Now Yorubas are almost controlling the country with there sons holding juicy positions in APC so you don't blame Gani Adams.

8 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by akanbiaa(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
Duties of Aare Ona Kakanfo includes
1. Waging war at least once in 3 years which he must win or die (war could be civil unrest not necessarily full blown war)
2. Do what Alaafin instructs him to do
3. Promote Yoruba Culture
4. Be ready to correct wrongs done on Yoruba land be it perpetuated by the Alaafin.
5. Protect Yoruba land from external invaders.

3 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by akanbiaa(m): 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2018
adioolayi:

He is..... Adams is just trying to protect Yoruba heritage. we just read yesterday or so, how Osun government declared Monday as Public holiday for traditional worshippers. Such thing can be eradicated by any new government that is not progressive. See the opon imo and many other traditional things embraced by Aregbeshola. Aare Ona kakanfo of Yoruba land is not ready to gamble with those privileges our core tradition as Yoruba is enjoying in Osun. This is not politics, it is only a reasonable thinking.
GANIYU ADAMS WILL HAVE HIS SAY BUT MAJORITY OF OSUN VOTERS WILL HAVE THEIR WAY.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by OYAY(m): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
Though I am not Gani Adams fans but on this I am with him totally, the interest of Yoruba for now is been served in APC which is a semblance of progressive and the party at the centre is embarking on vital infrastructural development in southwest so why should we embrace a party without our interest just because one Yoruba man is flying their ticket? It's not acceptable and we can't go back to Egypt; there representative in Ekiti was a disaster and their first incursions into southwest between 2003 to 2011 was calamitous.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Cajal(m): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mynd44:
.....u hear say Jackson..dey Yoruba land
Apc and sw are like Christmas and Christian

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by HzRF(m): 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2018
sarrki:

He his but not protecting the interest of Yoruba

All we are looking for is integration of the whole southwest

We don’t want fifth columnist

Southwest money should rotate with southwest

We don’t want anyone to be given monthly due to a godfather outside the region

Let all the money remain there while we aligned with the central to get more

Hmmm

God is wonderful

U will Harboring the thought that you are human being like that?

People like you make me want to believe Darwin theory of evolution
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by adioolayi(m): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2018
akanbiaa:
GANIYU ADAMS WILL HAVE HIS WAY BUT MAJORITY OF OSUN VOTERS WILL HAVE THEIR WAY.
Will have his SAY you meant.
Anyways, good luck to Osun people... I am not from Osun... May the best man win

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by akanbiaa(m): 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
adioolayi:

Will have his SAY you meant.
Anyways, good luck to Osun people... I am not from Osun... May the best man win
YES SAY, THANKS. Change of system is the way out, all candidates are driven by greed and self interest only that some are more than others.
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by gtown: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mosesm:

His prime duty is to defend Yorubas interest. There are Yorubas and there are Yorubas
It is pity that most idiotic P.I.Gs here claim they don't know what he meant by Yoruba interest.
But When 2023 comes, they will fully be reminded this ''Yoruba interest'' in Osun election.
For every General knows that winning a war one must out wit the enemies on strategies before the war. I commend the Are Ona Kakanfo

5 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by HzRF(m): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2018
OYAY:
Though I am not Gani Adams fans but on this I am with him totally, the interest of Yoruba for now is been served in APC which is a semblance of progressive and the party at the centre is embarking on vital infrastructural development in southwest so why should we embrace a party without our interest just because one Yoruba man is flying their ticket? It's not acceptable and we can't go back to Egypt; there representative in Ekiti was a disaster and their first incursions into southwest between 2003 to 2011 was calamitous.

Mcheeew which APC serve ur interest

Tell me things we have benefitted from Apc
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by tunmedies(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2018
hmmm
gtown:

It is pity that most idiotic P.I.Gs here claim they don't know what he meant by Yoruba interest.
But When 2023 comes, they will fully be reminded this ''Yoruba interest'' in Osun election.
For every General knows that winning a war one must out wit the enemies on strategies before the war. I commend the Are Ona Kakanfo
hmmm

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Sourcethe: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2018
I beg make u ask am again.
Mynd44:
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by MrImole: 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2018
OYAY:

You zombies are just too stupid, I am sure you've never been to Ekiti in your life so you don't know what we face here.

APC has been nothing but curse on Ekiti people, zero allocation started during Adebayo's regime (1999-2003), with full allocations, Fayemi owed Ekiti workers two months salaries when he left after mortgaging the future of Ekiti and now making it impossible for the incumbent to pay salaries...

Take or leave, Prof is getting back the mandate stolen by Fayemi very soon, Ekiti people didn't vote for him, Ekiti people have never voted for him.
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2018
surgical:
Because its not in the interest of your party, hypocrites
God bless you, man
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mynd44:
the yorubas practice what is known as "traditional politics" also know as Tiwa tiwan" they made APC as a yoruba political heritage and culture just because their "sons" (tinubu and co) are the head honchos instead of playing real politics. That was how tinubu through the yorubas enforced Buhari and apc on us in 2015. The rest u know is history. Nigeria is doomed,there is no democractic future with this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Peacecore: 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mynd44:
He's a lost sheep

4 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Kendrick80(m): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
Omeokachie:
What is Yoruba interest?

Are the other candidates Igbo or Hausa/Fulani?
Good qz
Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mynd44:
Read again and between the lines you would understand
Okay let me help...the Yoruba agenda is 2023...the plan is to ensure an all western states of APC...the main reason Tinubu supported Fayemi in Ekiti...Yorubas know what they want and are focus, others can keep saying what they like.

5 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by Peacecore: 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2018
MrImole:

You zombies are just too stupid, I am sure you've never been to Ekiti in your life so you don't know what we face here.

APC has been nothing but curse on Ekiti people, zero allocation started during Adebayo's regime (1999-2003), with full allocations, Fayemi owed Ekiti workers two months salaries when he left after mortgaging the future of Ekiti and now making it impossible for the incumbent to pay salaries...

Take or leave, Prof is getting back the mandate stolen by Fayemi very soon, Ekiti people didn't vote for him, Ekiti people have never voted for him.
That's was when oga Joe refused to release d state allocation to him when he loses d election n remember there wasn't bailout fund then unlike the ponmo cutting idiot that collected both n refuses to pay salary more than eight months now

3 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" by deomelo: 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2018
nas2608:
Gani Adams is the aare ona of Yoruba land,why must he say such a thing now, for the interest of Yoruba, are other candidates are not YorubaS ni?

The fact that the other candidates are Yoruba doesn't mean they are concerned or care when it comes to Yoruba interest.

There's a clear distinction between ethnicity and capacity to defend, protect and promote Yoruba interest.

Example, OBJ as the president of Nigeria sabotaged Yoruba interest, he did absolutely nothing to protect or advance Yoruba interest. In fact, he waged war against Yoruba interest across Yorubaland.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jibrilla Bindow: How Vice Presidential Ambition Cost Adamawa Governor 2nd Term / Buhari: My Government Will Rid Nigeria Of Bandits, Terrorists, Criminals / Uzodinma Using Asari Dokubo's Boys To Kill, Destroy Imo State - OAP, Nonso Nkwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.