Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite (1241 Views)

Younger Brother Of Michael Adebolajo 'was Paid Thousands To Spy In Middle East' / Russia Reveals Identity Of CIA Spy Chief / Israeli Group Launches Anti-Islam Campaign on U.S Public Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2010

Ofek 9 is described as an advanced remote sensing satellite

Israel has launched a surveillance satellite that will be used to spy on Iran's nuclear programme, reports say.

The satellite's high resolution camera would significantly boost Israel's intelligence gathering, officials told local media.

Israel's defence ministry said the Ofek 9 was launched from Palmachim air force base on its south coast near Tel Aviv.

It is one of at least four Israeli spy satellites currently orbiting the Earth.

"This provides Israel with greater operational flexibility, since we now have another set of eyes on a target," Chaim Eshed, the director of Israel's military space programme, told The Jerusalem Post.

"This means that we have increased the rate we can visit a target."

Israeli press reports said the satellite's high resolution cameras would boost its efforts to keep a close eye on Iran.

Israel regards Iran as the principal threat to its security after repeated references by Iranian leaders to Israel's demise.

Along with the West, it suspects Iran of trying to develop nuclear weapons under the guise of a civilian nuclear programme, a claim Tehran denies.

Israel's last spy satellite, TecSar, was launched from India in 2008.

Besides spy satellites, Israel also has a number of communications satellites in orbit.
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2010
Iran beware !!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by nopuqeater: 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2010
Allah the Almighty Willing will turn the "spy satellite" them for the believers to use it in vanquishing them. Let them continue to plan their own failure. Allah is the Best of those who plan.

many decades ago, China was nothing. I remembered people going to India and people laughed at them. The two countries are now in the forefront of world's premiership. So what will happen in the future Only Allah knows.

So the satellite may benefit somebosy that it was supposed to spy against.
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by ElRazur: 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2010
Warning. Warning. Warning.

Frosbell, do not reply to him/her/it. He/she/it will end up ranting, but if you are bored and willing to bicker. Go for it.

No say I no warn you sha.

grin
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by nopuqeater: 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2010
hear the depe runs into the trail of dust behind me. Frosbel can stand on his own. i may disagree with him, at least he has a position. and he keeps it. unlike you wh is spineless in the way you defend your position.

maybe you should be playing for nigerian green eagles. you fit wthin the scope of the people lacking in the spirit of galantry.
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by ElRazur: 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2010
Lwkmd

Dude, you clearly do not know me. I am just not keen on debating with you. You rant and just post more rants, that is about it. No offence, but me and you no dey for the same category o. smiley
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by nopuqeater: 12:59am On Jun 27, 2010
ElRazur is in the category of evil doers, or supporters of genocidal maniacs like the people in the Israeli authority; their lawmakers and the military. Stop following around. I dont need a dog behind me, darn kileb. negess, kanzil consumer. You are what goes into you.
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by ElRazur: 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2010
nopuqeater:

ElRazur is in the category of evil doers, or supporters of genocidal maniacs like the people in the Israeli authority; their lawmakers and the military. Stop following around. I dont need a dog behind me, darn kileb. negess, kanzil consumer. You are what goes into you.

Muhammed shags a minor.

He killed

He spread terror and fear

As it stand, I am yet to do any of those, so Muhammed is as evil as Hitler to be honest.

As for the rest of your post. Please, stop ranting. smiley
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by 9jawear(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2010
why would india allow israel to launch it ffrom its region,beats my imagination, soon you'll hear isreal would come to nigeria and help us launch
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by james1(m): 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2010
@nopuqeater. why are most muslims crazily violent?
I take it that nopuqeater is NO-PORK-EATER.I just decoded your code!I. Work as an isreali cryptographer?
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by Mariory(m): 3:13am On Jul 04, 2010
9jawear:

why would india allow israel to launch it ffrom its region,beats my imagination, soon you'll hear isreal would come to nigeria and help us launch

Easy. Military cooperation and $$$
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2010
nopuqeater:

Allah the Almighty Willing will turn the "spy satellite" them for the believers to use it in vanquishing them. Let them continue to plan their own failure. Allah is the Best of those who plan.

many decades ago, China was nothing. I remembered people going to India and people laughed at them. The two countries are now in the forefront of world's premiership. So what will happen in the future Only Allah knows.

So the satellite may benefit somebosy that it was supposed to spy against.

this allah seems to have been sleeping when Israel went from a rag-tag army of less than 100,000 to one of the top 3 most powerful military machines in the world and even developing thermonuclear, hydrogen and atomic bombs enough to obliterate iran in no more than 5 mins.

lol allah indeed. The guy is a joke.
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by Cohomology: 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2010
davidylan:

this allah seems to have been sleeping when Israel went from a rag-tag army of less than 100,000 to one of the top 3 most powerful military machines in the world and even developing thermonuclear, hydrogen and atomic bombs enough to obliterate iran in no more than 5 mins.

lol allah indeed. The guy is a joke.

Typical bullshit - trying to lift up the status of inept IDF. Top three in which world? The same world that includes:

1. Russia
2. USA
3. China
4. UK
5. France
6. Turkey
7. North Korea
8. South Korea
9. Vietnam
10. India
11. Pakistan
12. Iran

Which of these ten nations can the pussy-infested IDF defeat in an all-out war?

Even Israel's supplier of arms and aids, the mighty USA, was defeated by small but infinitely tough Vietnam!

Pussy IDF soldiers can only bully defenseless Palestinian civilians and uncoordinated Arab soldiers.
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
Cohomology:

Typical bullshit - trying to lift up the status of inept IDF. Top three in which world? The same world that includes:

1. Russia
2. USA
3. China
4. UK
5. France
6. Turkey
7. North Korea
8. South Korea
9. Vietnam
10. India
11. Pakistan
12. Iran

Which of these ten nations can the kitty-infested IDF defeat in an all-out war?

Even Israel's supplier of arms and aids, the mighty USA, was defeated by small but infinitely tough Vietnam!

kitty IDF soldiers can only bully defenseless Palestinian civilians and uncoordinated Arab soldiers.

The "inept" IDF? lol what a joke. Ok lets look at the list you have up there and laugh . . . Iran, Pakistan, India, North Korea, South Korea, VIETNAM all stronger than the IDF? Now i know you're juts a joke. China is not stronger than the IDF, it simply has a larger army . . . ditto for Russia . . .

A good sign of your own ignorance is that Germany is missing in your list!
Re: Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite by Cohomology: 12:59am On Jul 07, 2010
davidylan:

Some people obviously assume they know what they are talking about.

Okay, Israel is filled with God's "chosen people" and will defeat any nation in war, including goyim America!

Happy now?

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Transport Strike / U.S Presidential Election '12: A Soap Opera / What's Going On In DR Congo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.