Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,076 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture (54692 Views)

Aminat Tajudeen, Ilorin Student Slumps, Dies During Lecture / Aston University Student Interrupts Lecturer As He Uses Blender During Lecture / Lecturer Gives Kenyan Student MouthAction In Office. Photos Shared On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Liamm(m): 11:30am On Aug 19, 2018
Tolexander:
Good of the lecturer!

Well, the students aren't many.
Make he go do am in one of the 100level general class, where there can be more than 1thousand students in the class.
how many have you done?
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by hector: 11:39am On Aug 19, 2018
Corrinthians:
Chai, paddy, you fall my hand!

There's nothing good about this gesture if the explanation of the op as per the reason the drinks were given the students is anything to go by.

How can one ADD SUGAR TO A SYSTEM THAT IS DEHYDRATED? shocked shocked

Do you know why people stranded in an ocean can die of thirst? It is because they can't afford to add salt to their system. The laws of osmosis forbids that. Adding salt or sugar to a system that lacks water (dehydrated system) dehydrates the system even more!

Well, I'm sure the lecturer only did it as a kind gesture to the students and not to keep them hydrated. You don't hydrate by taking more sugar. wink

Shut up and stop sounding like you are intelligent coz u are not. Coca cola soft drinks have a lot of water. in fact up to 60 to 70 percent water. Therefore those drinks can hydrate. The sugar in it cant overrule the high percentage of water..so leave that osmosis details u are talking about coz u know nothing about it.
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by sisisioge: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2018
grin grin grin

Actually, little things have a way of impacting in a big way. Good one.
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by MORANOCEE(m): 11:46am On Aug 19, 2018
Good one! I have celebrated my students severally and bought things for them too. Several times I add comedy to mine too. There was a time I ordered for bags of sachet water to be shared among my students when one announced her birthday grin grin grin grin. I am a young Lecturer too. The old ones always beef us.
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Junior66(m): 11:47am On Aug 19, 2018
czarina:
Did you read what you wrote?
Back then in my dept, this was like a norm for us. Call us lucky but lecturers did things like that for us virtually every time. Maybe we were just plain ol lucky because when I recount my university experience & the rapport between us and our lecturers to some friends who schooled in the North, they found it hard to believe. Yes, there are departments like that, not all lecturers are tyrants.

check my profile if you live in Lagos and Jos cool
My HOD at NSUK does this at times and with eggroll to boot. A class of less than 60 students though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Corrinthians(m): 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
hector:

Shut up and stop sounding like you are intelligent coz u are not. Coca cola soft drinks have a lot of water. in fact up to 60 to 70 percent water. Therefore those drinks can hydrate. The sugar in it cant overrule the high percentage of water..so leave that osmosis details u are talking about coz u know nothing about it.
Eyaaa. Pele. grin grin grin

Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by HeirApparent(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
I appreciate his sensitivity to the students' welfare, knowing dehydrated or starving students have low concentration quotient. He's probably not only interested in his own delivery as a lecturer, but also in the academic value he adds to the students.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by memory123(m): 12:11pm On Aug 19, 2018
Once a malabite is always a malabite...i am a proud malabite. God bless u sir

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Jadoskii(m): 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
Philipmems:
when I was in school it's only lecturers that schooled abroad that did nice things like this, the other rug rats were busy fighting themselves for power and administrative positions. So I say kudos because he didn't have to do it but he did.
on point.....the rug rats even kill themselves for power ...lecturers must die in my school every year
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by clemz85(m): 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
Imagine what some students go through, some of them comes class in empty stomach, have nothing to eat

So that makes this act commendable
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by ikezudon(m): 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2018
at the end of the day him go give them F...lol

in other news, see top 50 richest musicians in nigeria

https://billzonthestreets.com.ng/richest-musician-in-nigeria/
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
emmahardgun:
Try am for kwarapoly i swear na gbese direct
kwarapoly or kwarapoultry

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by MicroSweet(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2018
Soft drinks for dehydration? Why not water.
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Ijeluv82(f): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
That's very good of him....
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Peachduchess: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
He has experienced quality education outside Nigeria and knows how bad we have it here. Its his little token to make his student receptive to what he has to teach. Ride on Dr Esu.
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by jaysoft: 2:24pm On Aug 19, 2018
just try it in kwarapoly, you wont leave with a smile on your face
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by mechanics(m): 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2018
Too much money.
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
i doubt if he schooled in nigeria.probably had his education abroad to hv dis mentality.
nigerian lecturers dat we know wey get heart of stone
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Ricky97(m): 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
I must say I'm really impressed by this nice gesture. It truly speaks well of this man. We need to encourage things like this in our tertiary institutions unlike some rouges who parade themselves as lecturers trading sex for mark and siphoning money from students in the guise of passing them.
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by mypains: 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
falcon01:
and no body opened his or hers.
Lecture is on going...
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by chigoizie7(m): 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2018
Some lecturers are good, some are bad , some don't care about their students, some make u see them as gods , while some make learning interesting just like this man ,Davidson mbagwu, Harrison Etaga,Anthony nwokoye (ukwa),CHINWE uzuke ,pro Sydney onyeagu all of great NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY AWKA.To mention but few.
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Innobee99(m): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
He tried though

But N60 multiply by 30 is something I can easily do too
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by falcon01: 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
mypains:
Lecture is on going...
why did he then give it them during lectures??
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by feargod360(m): 7:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
Some Guys will be like.. Lecturer do and go make ah buy Gala or Bread..you know the story na. ;DSome
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 20, 2018
falcon01:
and no body opened his or hers.

They will return d drinks after the pictures
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 20, 2018
Mineral drinks for dehydration? So water no dey da State. Ok kontinuuuu.....
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by naijacann: 3:29am On Aug 20, 2018
Reminds me of my young Biz Admin lecturer then at MOUAU Umudike, Dr. Anyim...one of the very best in his field.
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by crazysam001: 1:33am On Nov 06, 2018
My senior for Access High calabar,. Better man!!!
Re: University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture by MegaStarr(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2020
crazysam001:
My senior for Access High calabar,. Better man!!!

Dr. Ekpereonne Esu. He's my personal friend and one-time colleague.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University Akugba Akoko 2014/2015 Post Utme / Ogun State Provides Chairs, Desks For St Kizito High School After Viral Pictures / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.