Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos (30004 Views)

Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos) / Tanker Explosion In Suleja, Niger State, Houses Burnt (Photos) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by raustin560(m): 12:01am On Aug 20, 2018
twinskenny:

Suleja is a nice place I stayed there for like 10years Kwamba to be precise going to town is not that difficult
not doubt shaa but this their almajiris dey worry there. I stayed there between 97 to 13 at same kwamba close to st Louise bakery, our ladies school brat lol.cost of living is relatively OK shaa
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by raustin560(m): 12:03am On Aug 20, 2018
GOFRONT:
shocked

Phew!!!.....I can't stay in suleja because of that Zuma rock......Rock gat scary eyes as fvck
no need to fear Zuma rock. moreover, its not even in suleja
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 20, 2018
See how meteorologists with light fingers just hijack and change the trajectory of this post.
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 12:24am On Aug 20, 2018
Ten06:
. Please don't mind the guy, my car has a digital thermometer. At times temperature in Abuja, gwagwalada and environs can go up to 40°cencius. And the highest temperature you get in lagos is 32
Lagos is near the coast, so it is most likely to be cooler than Abuja. undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 12:30am On Aug 20, 2018
2special:
you can wake up by 6:30am and still get to your place of work before 8am in Lagos, you guys should forget about the notion that everybody wakes up by 4:30 am in Lagos... even there people that leave home by 7am and get to their place of work before 8am.
Oga, it depends on where you live in Lagos, as compared to where you work. shocked You cannot leave Ifako-Ijaiye at 6:30 a.m in the morning to get to your office in Victoria Island by 8:00a.m, during a working week. It is close to impossible, with the traffic you will encounter along Agege Motor Road, coming down from old Lagos-Abeokuta expressway. But if you live in Onikan area of Lagos Island or in Lekki Phase 1, you can leave your home at 7:00 a.m to get to your office in Victoria Island or Ikoyi, by 8:00 a.m. wink The same thing applies, if you live in Yaba and work in Surulere. Nothing spoil.

3 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 2:37am On Aug 20, 2018
afroniger:

The farther you go up North, the hotter it gets. Abuja is hot as fu.u.ck, but people still dey there.
that shud be Gwagwalada during the heat season.students usually say its close hell fire

2 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by seyirock(m): 8:32am On Aug 20, 2018
Bidobado:

Suleja is cheaper, but proximity to ABJ might affect the prices. As for social life, forget it.
Last time I was there, there was no drinking allowed due to the sharia law.
Maybe it's changed, it's been over 20 years.
social life in suleja has improved greatly over the years.. With some major pub around town... The only problems is that an average suleja boy want to be an entertainer( musicians, comedians, dancers etc)
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by supersaz66(m): 8:44am On Aug 20, 2018
twinskenny:

very well baba
i stay a bit around SDP junction too

Around kurmin sarki primary school.. Na our area be that
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by supersaz66(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2018
Bidobado:

Suleja is cheaper, but proximity to ABJ might affect the prices. As for social life, forget it.
Last time I was there, there was no drinking allowed due to the sharia law.
Maybe it's changed, it's been over 20 years.

They do drink a lot. Still staying there
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by PastorAji(m): 9:22am On Aug 20, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

False
Abuja is STONE-COLD
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by jembalord: 9:34am On Aug 20, 2018
Suleja is an interesting town
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Rottymy: 10:02am On Aug 20, 2018
jembalord:
Suleja is an interesting town

Can you relocate to Suleja if you have a good paying job there?
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by gaby(m): 11:27am On Aug 20, 2018
felzylix:

Minna is hotter than Kaduna, how does your logic back that?

Minna sun be like 5 kms from hell fire..
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by BabaIbo: 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2018
LaudableXX:

Go back and read my post again with an open mind. undecided Out of all the areas I mentioned, you decided to focus on Abule-Egba and you chose to compare it with Suleja. Is Abule-Egba the only area in Lagos? shocked What about the rent in Badagry, Ijegun, Ketu, Okokomaiko, Lakowe and Epe? Or are those areas not part of Lagos? Oga, you people should stop comparing apples with oranges.....

I mentioned abule egba because you used it in your comparison...

Mr man, house rent in lakowe, badagry, ketu, okokomaiko etc are higher than that of suleja... You shouldn't have compared both at the first place. if you read my post with open mind, you will see where u said generally house rent is higher in Lagos than Niger state
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by twinskenny(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2018
Rottymy:
Please how high or low is the cost of living in Suleja compare to Lagos? And what make it a better place to stay than Lagos and Abuja?
you tried to email me please use twinskenny@gmail.com
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2018
BabaIbo:

Mr man, house rent in lakowe, badagry, ketu, okokomaiko etc are higher than that of suleja... You shouldn't have compared both at the first place. if you read my post with open mind, you will see where u said generally house rent is higher in Lagos than Niger state
I used Abule-egba in comparison with Ikoyi. I also mentioned different parts of Lagos. Please do a deep research. Okokomaiko, Badagry and a few other areas in Lagos outskirts, have houses whose rents are quite similar to those in Suleja. undecided Stop talking about places you do not know.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by BabaIbo: 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

I used Abule-egba in comparison with Ikoyi. I also mentioned different parts of Lagos. Please do a deep research. Okokomaiko, Badagry and a few other areas in Lagos outskirts, have houses whose rents are quite similar to those in Suleja. undecided Stop talking about places you do not know.

grin Do you even know where I stay or where I'm chatting from?

To start with, do you know the meaning of outskirt, just like suleja is in the outskirt of Abuja but it's located in Niger, you think Okokomaiko, badagry etc are the same abi.

Mr man you're ignorant of what you are saying, Okokomaiko is in Ojo inside Lagos and Badagry is a LGA in Lagos which is close to Benin republic, and you call that outskirt of Lagos?
so for your mind badagry, okomaiko etc are the same thing with sagamu, ijebu ode etc, you need enlightenment Mr man.

I won't argue further with you Vos this is just a sign that you don't know much or anything about lagos. and still on my point that lagos house rent even areas close to it is higher than that of suleja...

Note: Don't use one room in lagos and be comparing a full house in suleja. for example compare 3 bedroom flat in any part of lagos with that of suleja
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2018
BabaIbo:
grin Do you even know where I stay or where I'm chatting from?

To start with, do you know the meaning of outskirt, just like suleja is in the outskirt of Abuja but it's located in Niger, you think Okokomaiko, badagry etc are the same abi.

Mr man you're ignorant of what you are saying, Okokomaiko is in Ojo inside Lagos and Badagry is a LGA in Lagos which is close to Benin republic, and you call that outskirt of Lagos?
so for your mind badagry, okomaiko etc are the same thing with sagamu, ijebu ode etc, you need enlightenment Mr man.

I won't argue further with you Vos this is just a sign that you don't know much or anything about lagos. and still on my point that lagos house rent even areas close to it is higher than that of suleja...

Note: Don't use one room in lagos and be comparing a full house in suleja. for example compare 3 bedroom flat in any part of lagos with that of suleja

Oga, you can get a 3-bedroom flat in Badagry, Ijegun, Ikorodu, Lakowe, Okokomaiko, at a rental figure that is similar to what you would pay for a 3-bedroom flat in Suleja. Go and do your research and stop sounding clueless, biko! shocked

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by peacengine(m): 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2018
BabaIbo:

One can get 2 bedroom at Okoko for N150K

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
peacengine:
Thank you, jare. You have done your research well. Even in some parts of those Jakande estates in Oke-afa Isolo side, you can get some 2 bedroom for 150k - 180k.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by BabaIbo: 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2018
peacengine:

And you can get same bedroom of same grade for 80k-100k or less in suleja
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by peacengine(m): 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2018
BabaIbo:

And you can get same bedroom of same grade for 80k-100k or less in suleja

Mud house?

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by BabaIbo: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Oga, you can get a 3-bedroom flat in Badagry, Ijegun, Ikorodu, Lakowe, Okokomaiko, at a rental figure that is similar to what you would pay for a 3-bedroom flat in Suleja. Go and do your research and stop sounding clueless, biko! shocked

I no need to dey argue with you again, you are saying what you don't know, you don't stay in lakowe but you are saying something about the area, a room in lakowe is around 100k in face me I face you, 3 bedroom in lakowe, okokomaiko and co is starting from 350k upward.

I told you to stop mentioning cos I can see you are ignorant of what you say.
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by BabaIbo: 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
peacengine:

Mud house?

I mean if a 2 bedrooms flat can cost 150k in Okoko which I very much doubt, same 2 bedrooms flat of same grade will cost 80k-100k or less in Suleja

so you're saying you will get a 2 bedroom flat in a standard building for 150k in Okoko?

I stay in a 3 bedroom flat in Lagos and I know how much it cost, so stop saying what you don't know
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by peacengine(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2018
BabaIbo:

I mean if a 2 bedrooms flat can cost 150k in Okoko which I very much doubt, same 2 bedrooms flat of same grade will cost 80k-100k or less in Suleja

so you're saying you will get a 2 bedroom flat in a standard building for 150k in Okoko?

I stay in a 3 bedroom flat in Lagos and I know how much it cost, so stop saying what you don't know

Oba, if i don't know stuff I won't talk. Im letting u know what's on ground in those places. Okoko houses are cheap

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by BabaIbo: 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
peacengine:

If I don't know stuff I won't talk. Im letting u know what's on ground in those places. Okoko houses are cheap

Bros or Sis, you are talking about mini flat(room and parlor) in all these old houses not 2 bedroom flat in a standard building, even in Iba/Iba Junction I know how much it cost.
Bros try and confirm the price of 2 bedrooms FLAT in Okoko
That same room and parlor that you say you will get for that amount in Okoko will be around 100k or less in suleja.
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2018
BabaIbo:
I no need to dey argue with you again, you are saying what you don't know, you don't stay in lakowe but you are saying something about the area, a room in lakowe is around 100k in face me I face you, 3 bedroom in lakowe, okokomaiko and co is starting from 350k upward.

I told you to stop mentioning cos I can see you are ignorant of what you say.
I know Lakowe like the back of my hand, but you obviously do not know what you are talking about. sad In that same Lakowe, you can get a 3-bedroom flat for 350k in some areas, and you can also get another 3-bedroom flat for 150k, depending on the finishing, location, accessibility and area. Even Okokomaiko, that area populated by plenty LASU students, is where you want to start lecturing me about? shocked Let me laugh very well. There are different areas and different streets in Okokomaiko, with different types of apartments, at different rental rates. Please don't bother to respond to my post, if you are not going to say anything that makes sense. undecided

peacengine:
Oba, if i don't know stuff I won't talk. Im letting u know what's on ground in those places. Okoko houses are cheap
Don't mind that joker, please. shocked The same Okoko where several LASU students live, is where he is calling expensive? My brother spent 5 good years studying in LASU, and lived in Okokomaiko throughout that time. If not for LASU students & lecturers, Volks workers etc, who would dash Okoko landlords money as rent? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by BabaIbo: 5:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
LaudableXX:

I know Lakowe like the back of my hand, but you obviously do not know what you are talking about. sad In that same Lakowe, you can get a 3-bedroom flat for 350k in some areas, and you can also get another 3-bedroom flat for 150k, depending on the finishing, location, accessibility and area. Even Okokomaiko, that area populated by plenty LASU students, is where you want to start lecturing me about? shocked Let me laugh very well. There are different areas and different streets in Okokomaiko, with different types of apartments, at different rental rates. Please don't bother to respond to my post, if you are not going to say anything that makes sense. undecided

Don't mind that joker, please. shocked The same Okoko where several LASU students live, is where he is calling expensive? My brother spent 5 good years studying in LASU, and lived in Okokomaiko throughout that time. If not for LASU students & lecturers, Volks workers etc, who would dash Okoko landlords money as rent? cheesy

naso you go dey nairaland dey form sey you know wetin you no know. make I no just fall your hand by asking you easy questions about lakwe

You're the Joker here, do you know there are estates in lakwe, or you think you will use the price of an estate houses in suleja against the price of face me I face you or make-me-self-follow-my-people-get-house type of houses

Now I see you lack understanding and I shouldn't have bothered dragging this topic with you in the first place, it seems the other guy understands what I'm saying, you need to grow up cos it will help you...

Let me break my point down to your level cos I see you have problem understanding things,
A 3 bedrooms flat in a fine environment and well furnished house in lakwe/Okoko is more expensive than the same 3 bedrooms flat with the same/similar quality suleja.

Mumu, so you want to compare a normal/low standard and poorly furnished/old/dilapidated rooms occupied by students, volksworkers etc in Okoko to a high standard rooms in in suleja.

If you are wise you should have known that in Okoko or lakwe, that you can get a 3-bedrooms flat for as high as 800k or more and as low as 200k depending on the quality. now compare a well furnished house price in lakwe with that of a well furnished house in suleja, not comparing a dilapidated rooms price in lakwe/Okoko with that of a high-quality/well furnished rooms in suleja. can you now see you lack comprehension/understanding
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2018
BabaIbo:

naso you go dey nairaland dey form sey you know wetin you no know. make I no just fall your hand by asking you easy questions about lakwe

You're the Joker here, do you know there are estates in lakwe, or you think you will use the price of an estate houses in suleja against the price of face me I face you or make-me-self-follow-my-people-get-house type of houses

Now I see you lack understanding and I shouldn't have bothered dragging this topic with you in the first place, it seems the other guy understands what I'm saying, you need to grow up cos it will help you...

Let me break my point down to your level cos I see you have problem understanding things,
A 3 bedrooms flat in a fine environment and well furnished house in lakwe/Okoko is more expensive than the same 3 bedrooms flat with the same/similar quality suleja.

Mumu, so you want to compare a normal/low standard and poorly furnished/old/dilapidated rooms occupied by students, volksworkers etc in Okoko to a high standard rooms in in suleja.

If you are wise you should have known that in Okoko or lakwe, that you can get a 3-bedrooms flat for as high as 800k or more and as low as 200k depending on the quality. now compare a well furnished house price in lakwe with that of a well furnished house in suleja, not comparing a dilapidated rooms price in lakwe/Okoko with that of a high-quality/well furnished rooms in suleja. can you now see you lack comprehension/understanding

Oga, you obviously have a problem with comprehension. sad You initially said that a 3-bedroom flat in Lakowe or Okokomaiko was higher than a 3-bedroom flat in Suleja. I told you it was not. Nobody mentioned the word "estates," at that time. Another poster who lives in Okoko told you point blank that a 2-bedroom flat could be rented in that area for 150k. And I agreed with him. wink

In my last post, I also insisted that a 3-bedroom flat could be rented in Lakowe for varying amounts, (for example 150k as well as 350k) depending on location & finishing in Lakowe. sad Now, you have come back to wail and split hairs, by claiming that "A 3 bedrooms flat in a fine environment and well furnished house in lakwe/Okoko is more expensive than the same 3 bedrooms flat with the same/similar quality suleja."

Again, it shows cluelessness on your part. Rents vary widely in different districts, within Lagos. undecided Even in one single area, you might find a rental difference in prices of flats, within the same neighbourhood. Standards of finishing also vary. One flat may have marble tiles, while the next one has terrazzo floors. Since the level of finishing cannot be arbitrarily determined without a detailed guide, then you should NOT use it as a yardstick.

I repeat: there are still some areas within Lagos state, whose rental values are comparable with the ones you find in Suleja. You wanted to digress so you decided to start mentioning "estates." Was that the original topic on ground? Just kindly get off my mentions, if you have nothing tangible to say.

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by BabaIbo: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2018
LaudableXX:

Oga, you obviously have a problem with comprehension. sad You initially said that a 3-bedroom flat in Lakowe or Okokomaiko was higher than a 3-bedroom flat in Suleja. I told you it was not. Nobody mentioned the word "estates," at that time. Another poster who lives in Okoko told you point blank that a 2-bedroom flat could be rented in that area for 150k. And I agreed with him. wink

In my last post, I also insisted that a 3-bedroom flat could be rented in Lakowe for varying amounts, (for example 150k as well as 350k) depending on location & finishing in Lakowe. sad Now, you have come back to wail and split hairs, by claiming that "A 3 bedrooms flat in a fine environment and well furnished house in lakwe/Okoko is more expensive than the same 3 bedrooms flat with the same/similar quality suleja."

Again, it shows cluelessness on your part. Rents vary widely in different districts, within Lagos. undecided Even in one single area, you might find a rental difference in prices of flats, within the same neighbourhood. Standards of finishing also vary. One flat may have marble tiles, while the next one has terrazzo floors. Since the level of finishing cannot be arbitrarily determined without a detailed guide, then you should NOT use it as a yardstick.

I repeat: there are still some areas within Lagos state, whose rental values are comparable with the ones you find in Suleja. You wanted to digress so you decided to start mentioning "estates." Was that the original topic on ground? Just kindly get off my mentions, if you have nothing tangible to say.

After this I will ignore you totally, you're daft.

when comparing things of multiple values you don't just use just one value, you make use of average value.
Using an area in Lagos either okoko or any part of Lagos and any part of suleja, do your research and compare the average house rent between the two, Lagos is higher when you do that.
The prices in okoko, lakwe, and other parts of Lagos may vary, same as suleja so you have to go with average house rent, using average house rent Lagos is higher than suleja simple.

Come no be me them pay your school fees, no be me alk say make u no sabi say dem dey use average/mean value for things that deals with varying values.

Now get out of my mention because after this I will ignore you.

cc: peaceengine I need to comfirm something from you, in Okoko, can't you get a 3bedrooms flat for 400k and above, does it mean 150k is the normal house rent there.
I saw it online, where 2/3 bedrooms flat cost 120k in suleja, what about that?

Anyway, you are reasonable and we have already closed our argument but I mentioned you cause this empty head things 150k is the normal houserent in okoko cos you said it.
Olodo...
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
BabaIbo:
After this I will ignore you totally, you're daft.

when comparing things of multiple values you don't just use just one value, you make use of average value.
Using an area in Lagos either okoko or any part of Lagos and any part of suleja, do your research and compare the average house rent between the two, Lagos is higher when you do that.
The prices in okoko, lakwe, and other parts of Lagos may vary, same as suleja so you have to go with average house rent, using average house rent Lagos is higher than suleja simple.

Come no be me them pay your school fees, no be me alk say make u no sabi say dem dey use average/mean value for things that deals with varying values.

Now get out of my mention because after this I will ignore you.

cc: peaceengine I need to comfirm something from you, in Okoko, can't you get a 3bedrooms flat for 400k and above, does it mean 150k is the normal house rent there.
I saw it online, where 2/3 bedrooms flat cost 120k in suleja, what about that?

Anyway, you are reasonable and we have already closed our argument but I mentioned you cause this empty head things 150k is the normal houserent in okoko cos you said it.
Olodo...

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
peacengine:
Mud house?
peacengine:
Hehehe...you just wan kill person with laugh for here! cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

China Unveils Elevated Train That Drives Over The TOP Of Other Cars / Anambra International Airport Roads And Bridges Completed (Video, Photos) / Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.