Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos (30451 Views)

Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos) / Tanker Explosion In Suleja, Niger State, Houses Burnt (Photos) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Partnerbiz(f): 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
NaijaTalkTown:
Abuja hot as Bleep? This is totally false. Abuja's proximity to Jos should give you a hint about tge city's weather condition. Besides, we have constant power supply here. In terms of Law & Order, Security average standard of living, Abuja is the place to be too.

constant power at where pls?

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Ten06(m): 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2018
afroniger:

What exactly is false in my post? That Abj is hot as fvck? Or that it gets hotter the father up North you go?
Please don't mind the guy, my car has a digital thermometer. At times temperature in Abuja, gwagwalada and environs can go up to 40°cencius. And the highest temperature you get in lagos is 32

3 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Olumeme: 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2018
I stay in Abuja, cost of living is suleja is very cheap, you can get a good self contain for 70k, cost of feeding is relatively cheap too.

The problem I have with suleja is that, transportation to Town is a little bit expensive, it's up to 1300 to and Fro depending on where you're going to.

I'll have advised you stay around Maraba/Nyanya, u'll get self contain around that cost, with cheaper transport cost around 600 to and Fro depending on where you're going to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by twinskenny(m): 8:46pm On Aug 19, 2018
jimohibrahim:

Where I. Kwamba did you live?

back of kwamba primary school
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by twinskenny(m): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2018
Olumeme:
I stay in Abuja, cost of living is suleja is very cheap, you can get a good self contain for 70k, cost of feeding is relatively cheap too.

The problem I have with suleja is that, transportation to Town is a little bit expensive, it's up to 1300 to and Fro depending on where you're going to.

I'll have advised you stay around Maraba/Nyanya, u'll get self contain around that cost, with cheaper transport cost around 600 to and Fro depending on where you're going to.

maraba nyanyan is so rough bro.. suleja is nice i was paying 1k per room that time lol face me i face you

2 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by princesweetman2(m): 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2018
Rottymy:

How about Transportation and how close is it to Abuja?

Suleja is a town famous for d Zuma rock.

D closest localry of abuja to suleja is d Zuba town along Kaduna road. U can walk from suleja to madalla ( a county under suleja lg ).

Suleja is just like d yaba local govt in Lagos, u will get everything u r looking for from good to fashion wears to domestic service Luke getting s plumber, mechanic etc so easy as Suleja is d biggest town Niger state can boast of.

Suleja is d economic town of Niger state so don't expect accommodation to be cheap.

As of 2017 a one bedroom self in Zuba not Suleja cost N70K standard one o. So expect a price of nothing less than dat as Suleja myt b a bit expensive.

Food is d cheapest so don't bother.

Transportation is also very very very very cheap grin grin

If ur job pays u over a N100K my guy. Rush am if u r not underpaid for d job role.

My 1 kobo

4 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
Rottymy:

How about Transportation and how close is it to Abuja?

Suleja is not ""that close"" to Abuja...
But OP, why Suleja? You want to go and see brown roof or what? If you must stay around Abuja, stay in the Nasarawa part of Abuja. (Maraba/Nyanya). Except, of course your office is in Suleja.
But if your office is in Abuja, don't stay in Suleja. The only problem with staying in the Nasarawa part of Abuja is heavy traffic, hold up will almost certainly break you down..
But aside the traffic issue, it's better compared to Suleja. It's cheaper to get to Abuja from Maraba than it is from Suleja, plus flexing de Maraba wela. Slay queens de wela for slaughtering

Suleja weh fanatics full sef. Aboki everywhere
Suleja na cast abeg.
Road self de no get..

My point is life sweet for Maraba pass Suleja

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
Partnerbiz:

constant power at where pls?
Abuja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by codesport(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2018
tongue
ladiesreject:

Suleja is not ""that close"" to Abuja...
But OP, why Suleja? You want to go and see brown roof or what? If you must stay around Abuja, stay in the Nasarawa part of Abuja. (Maraba/Nyanya). Except, of course your office is in Suleja.
But if your office is in Abuja, don't stay in Suleja. The only problem with staying in the Nasarawa part of Abuja is heavy traffic, hold up will almost certainly break you down..
But aside the traffic issue, it's better compared to Suleja. It's cheaper to get to Abuja from Maraba than it is from Suleja, plus flexing de Maraba wela. Slay queens de wela for slaughtering

Suleja weh fanatics full sef. Aboki everywhere
Suleja na cast abeg.
Road self de no get..

My point is life sweet for Maraba pass Suleja
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by gevans(m): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2018
2special:
you can wake up by 6:30am and still get to your place of work before 8am in Lagos, you guys should forget about the notion that everybody wakes up by 4:30 am in Lagos... even there people that leave home by 7am and get to their place of work before 8am.
True talk, though it depends on where you live in Lag

God bless Nigeria
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by jimohibrahim(m): 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2018
twinskenny:

back of kwamba primary school

Hmmm you must know where sugarboy use to live then..

I live a little inside though.. Called up antenna I guess..
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Olumeme: 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2018
twinskenny:

maraba nyanyan is so rough bro.. suleja is nice i was paying 1k per room that time lol face me i face you

Maraba is not even as rough as suleja, suleja is very tight, the roads are single lane while maraba has good double lane.
Maraba enjoys good electricity.
I have stayed in suleja and minna before.

For example, Karu site, Abacha road, and new Karu are far better than suleja..

The only problem is hold up, which is not even as bad ad an average hold up in Lagos.
My colleagues that stay there leave home around 6:45 and get to work before 8.
Suleja is more than an hour to abuja town, depending on where you are staying sef
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Partnerbiz(f): 9:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
NaijaTalkTown:
Abuja
i mean district or part of abj
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
2special:
you can wake up by 6:30am and still get to your place of work before 8am in Lagos, you guys should forget about the notion that everybody wakes up by 4:30 am in Lagos... even there people that leave home by 7am and get to their place of work before 8am.
Can you name the areas that I can wake up by 6:30a.m to get to work by 8a.m
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
Surestgee10:
Suleja cost of living, accommodation, transportation is cheaper compared to Lagos.
Suleja traffic is far better than that of Lagos, but Lagos is safer than Suleja because Lagos Agbero do more talking than action while Suleja Kwari do more action than talking.
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by 2special(m): 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2018
l live in ogba...ogba to Ikeja is less than 15 minutes.... mind you we have people that work and live in Ikeja...So it's relative and location sensitive.... assustrike1

2 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by flexyrule(m): 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
elChapo1:

btw suleja is slowly becoming a training ground for future religious foot soldiers.

relocate there at your own risk
OP. Don't take this for granted!!!!
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by 12345baba(m): 10:25pm On Aug 19, 2018
afroniger:

The farther you go up North, the hotter it gets. Abuja is hot as fu.u.ck, but people still dey there.
i disagree on this one
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
Partnerbiz:

i mean district or part of abj
I know of Wuse, Berger, Lugbe, Jahi, Jabi, Katampe, A,Y.A, Apo. You get at least 16 hours power supply daily except for some days.
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by HarryDuce(m): 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
Ten06:
Please don't mind the guy, my car has a digital thermometer. At times temperature in Abuja, gwagwalada and environs can go up to 40°cencius. And the highest temperature you get in lagos is 32
The heat in Abuja is not that uncomfortable on the whole (except gwagwalada and environs as you stated).. You're not gonna feel the heat much compared to Lagos. Humidity in Lagos is higher and the heat can be uncomfortable most of the time. Btw the temperature in Lagos is high most of the time (around 27° to 36°).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2018
Olumeme:

Maraba is not even as rough as suleja, suleja is very tight, the roads are single lane while maraba has good double lane.
Maraba enjoys good electricity.
I have stayed in suleja and minna before.

For example, Karu site, Abacha road, and new Karu are far better than suleja..

The only problem is hold up, which is not even as bad ad an average hold up in Lagos.
My colleagues that stay there leave home around 6:45 and get to work before 8.
Suleja is more than an hour to abuja town, depending on where you are staying sef
You are very correct. Places in Mararaba like Abacha road and Ruga have a minimum of 15 hours power supply per day. Mararaba is much closer to FCT than Suleja though. From Abacha Road to Nyanya is "leggable".
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Arimokwusunday(m): 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
SULEJA is always like a home. Everything about the city or town is affordable. There are other neighboring towns which you can also get cheaper houses to rent... They include Guaraka (very close to the Zuma rock),/mandala also, kwamkwashie and even kwamba.

In all these mentioned, it is possible to get a manageable just one room accommodation like for #25000 or #30.000 or even less for one year.. And getting accommodation is very easy. You don't even need the help of an agent.

But however, Lagos is open to better opportunities. Jobs are easy to get in Lagos than abuja or SULEJA..

Depending on where you are going to in abuja, like from SULEJA to zuba is #100 (10 to 13minutes drive)
SULEJA to kubwa is #150

But the most distance place, will cost like #250

Like from SULEJA to Secretariat (#150)

Is a place to stay and also very peaceful

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Partnerbiz(f): 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2018
NaijaTalkTown:
I know of Wuse, Berger, Lugbe, Jahi, Jabi, Katampe, A,Y.A, Apo. You get at least 16 hours power supply daily except for some days.
ok
thanks
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Arimokwusunday(m): 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
NaijaTalkTown:
You are very correct. Places in Mararaba like Abacha road and Ruga have a minimum of 15 hours power supply per day. Mararaba is much closer to FCT than Suleja though. From Abacha Road to Nyanya is "leggable".

Abuja don't normally have hold up problem like Lagos.

You only experience hold up in army checking point and which doesn't last up to 4 minutes

But for those coming from SULEJA to inside abuja

They may always experience holdup every Thursday because of mandala market which is very close to the road and also to the Zuma rock

But this holdup no matter what, doesn't last up to 20 minutes

So everything about abuja or SULEJA
Is simple

Brother if you want to come, you are highly welcome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2018
Arimokwusunday:

Abuja don't normally have hold up problem like Lagos.

You only experience hold up in army checking point and which doesn't last up to 4 minutes

But for those coming from SULEJA to inside abuja

They may always experience holdup every Thursday because of mandala market which is very close to the road and also to the Zuma rock

But this holdup no matter what, doesn't last up to 20 minutes

So everything about abuja or SULEJA
Is simple

Brother if you want to come, you are highly welcome
I was on my way to Mararaba recently and the kind of hold up i ran into (from Nyanya under bridge) scared me. The hold up went as far as Masaka. Funniest thing is I didn't spend up to 20 mins. The roads are quite wide and the fear of military men made sure everyone respected themselves. In Lagos, one idiot would try to make a U-turn with a trailer in the middle of a traffic jam grin

3 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Arimokwusunday(m): 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2018
Partnerbiz:
ok
thanks

From SULEJA to begger is #250

But now, power is not strong as before...

Sometimes there could be blackout for one day

Well, begger, wise, central area

They are actually big areas but not excluded from the light problem

But in SULEJA there's no day you will have light but not 24 house

Maybe 9am to 2pm
And 8pm to 6am

So light in SULEJA is even better than some areas in abuja
Like kubwa, dedei, zuba, qwaqwalada etc and even kuje

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Arimokwusunday(m): 10:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
NaijaTalkTown:
I was on my way to Mararaba recently and the kind of hold up i ran into (from Nyanya under bridge) scared me. The hold up went as far as Masaka. Funniest thing is I didn't spend up to 20 mins. The roads are quite wide and the fear of military men made sure everyone respected themselves. In Lagos, one idiot would try to make a U-turn with a trailer in the middle of a traffic jam grin

Yes that is because of the area you are heading to..... Nasarawa

Maraba nyamya and masaka are always known for holdup but yet not as strong with the ones we have in Lagos

But from SULEJA angle, holdup is never a problem there

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by lonelydora: 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2018
elChapo1:
comparing cost of living btwn Lagos and Suleja is oxymoronic. Lagos is Lagos, heartbeat of Nigeria's Economic activity. Suleja's only significance is its proximity to Abuja.

btw suleja is slowly becoming a training ground for future religious foot soldiers.

relocate there at your risk.

Advice from someone born and brought up there!!!

I was about telling him this. He should also avoid those housing estate near Zuma rock. Spirits rove there at night. Reason those houses are empty

3 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Arimokwusunday(m): 10:58pm On Aug 19, 2018
TallPck1:
You go sabi Mayor hospital be that.quote author=twinskenny post=70427506]

Suleja is a nice place I stayed there for like 10years Kwamba to be precise going to town is not that difficult

Opposite asato

Where they sell second hand things now

Catholic church also
Remember

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by Onbami(m): 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2018
Rottymy:
Please how high or low is the cost of living in Suleja compare to Lagos? And what make it a better place to stay than Lagos and Abuja?

The best way to find out is to search your desired type of apartment on www.jiji.com.ng or www.olx.com or check other apartment rental websites then compare suleja and Lagos.
Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by LaudableXX: 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
BabaIbo:
Mr man, Abule Egba rent will be more than that of Suleja...

If you doubt it, check the rent price on Google for both towns and compare it, again the cost of living in Lagos is generally higher than that of suleja even that of Niger state as a whole
Go back and read my post again with an open mind. undecided Out of all the areas I mentioned, you decided to focus on Abule-Egba and you chose to compare it with Suleja. Is Abule-Egba the only area in Lagos? shocked What about the rent in Badagry, Ijegun, Ketu, Okokomaiko, Lakowe and Epe? Or are those areas not part of Lagos? Oga, you people should stop comparing apples with oranges.....

2 Likes

Re: The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos by mimicue(f): 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

The North Central state capitals like Lafia, Lokoja, Makurdi, Minna are hotter than Jos, Kaduna. Your logic is false.

Abuja Vs Lagos can even be debated. I feel hotter whenever I am in Lagos than Abuja maybe due to humidity.

You’re joking rite
Abuja is so hot , even the sun during the day is something else

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) / A Nairalander First Time On Plane And First Time In Delta / See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.