Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah (5666 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by Sauron1: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2010
Who is K16?
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by tosinaded(m): 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2010
one rapper like that, he spits in pidgin and ibo.
rapjunkie thinks he's the next big thing after condoms
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by Sauron1: 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2010
tosinaded@:

Rapjunkie is on drugs so i wouldn't pay much attention to him.

What do you think about K16?
Meanwhile, would anyone make Da Grin's videos? I saw a documentary about his life/death on HiTV the other day.
A smart production company can make a DVD of him - i am 100% sure it would sell billions of copies.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by tosinaded(m): 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2010
the k16 guy is good, he has created a niche for himself. . . .he's unique!
but am kinda biase wen it comes to him, cos he dissed 9ice, waaay back!
that really pissed me off big time!

but apart from that he's ok! nothing special
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by rapjunkie(m): 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2010
tosinaded@:

grin grin

@sauron

download his EP here

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qb8tfk

tosinaded@:

so is he good, ok or nothing special?

please let the 9ice thing go nah. . . . .even ruggedman dey diss 9ice now. . . . .its was a long time ago. . . . but i guess people will never forget it. . . maybe k16 and 9ice should  do a collabo with toni payne & ruggedman to settle all this beef . . . . grin
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by Sauron1: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2010
@ Rapjunkie,

Can do. . . . .Will do!!!

tosinaded@:

Why the guy diss 9ice?
All these beefs in Naija. . . . . Is it only on wax or rappers beat each other up on the streetz?
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by rapjunkie(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

A smart production company can make a DVD of him - i am 100% sure it would sell billions of copies.

i'm sure if it is handled right it would sell trillions. . . . .but u would need a proper production company that have boom mics, lighting, professional cameras, directors e.t.c and a proper script of what the documentary would cover. His parents, record company would need to come on board

i am certain that channel 4 would be interested in something like that if it was pitched right.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by Sauron1: 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2010
rapjunkie:

i'm sure if it is handled right it would sell trillions. . . . .but u would need a proper production company that have boom mics, lighting, professional cameras, directors e.t.c and a proper script of what the documentary would cover. His parents, record company would need to come on board

i am certain that channel 4 would be interested in something like that if it was pitched right.

They would get everyone involved. . . . .
His childhood friends, his troops in Computer Village when Da Grin used to huzzle in Ikeja, his producer, hood-boys, parents, songs, etc.
I could pull some strings but we need someone like Tosinadeda on board cos he seems to know loads about Naija music scene.
Da Grin is a legend in his own making. . . . .

On a lighter note, what is this? Eedris and 50 cent !!!

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwepGWOVKA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by rapjunkie(m): 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

Why the guy diss 9ice?
All these beefs in Naija. . . . . Is it only on wax or rappers beat each other up on the streetz?

9ice didnt turn up for show on sept 19 2008 in dublin that k16 was supposed to attend as a support act. the show was cancelled and people  lost a lot of money. He released the diss track in retaliation but didnt know it was going to raise such a furore. . . . in hindsight he shouldnt  have done it because it turned a lot of people against him ( like tosin ), especially as it was done at the height of 9ice's 'gongo aso' fame.

since then, it seems that everybody disses everybody in the naija music industry.

the only two disses i knew before k16's diss were Ghetto P's 'big baby' and eldee's Freestyle diss.

~Sauron~:

They would get everyone involved. . . . .
His childhood friends, his troops in Computer Village when Da Grin used to huzzle in Ikeja, his producer, hood-boys, parents, songs, etc.
I could pull some strings but we need someone like Tosinadeda on board cos he seems to know loads about Naija music scene.
Da Grin is a legend in his own making. . . . .

On a lighter note, what is this? Eedris and 50 cent !!!

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwepGWOVKA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

if ur serious i know a few people too who could be interested

did u never hear about the beef between eedris & 50 cent shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by Sauron1: 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2010
rapjunkie:

if your serious i know a few people too who could be interested

Someone would need to contact Da Grin's crew first. . . . . .They have to agree in principle to the project before buzzing the hacks in BBC/Channel 4.

did u never hear about the beef between eedris & 50 cent shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I heard 50 handed Eedris' arse on a plate for him. . . .
They had a scuffle because Eedris wanted to sit in the first class section cos he felt no rapper is bigger than the next one.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by rapjunkie(m): 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

Someone would need to contact Da Grin's crew first. . . . . .They have to agree in principle to the project before buzzing the hacks in BBC/Channel 4.
I heard 50 handed Eedris' arse on a plate for him. . . .

They had a scuffle because Eedris wanted to sit in the first class section cos he felt no rapper is bigger than the next one.

Is this where tosin comes in?
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by Sauron1: 5:32pm On Jun 26, 2010
rapjunkie:

Is this where tosin comes in?

Yes!
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by emarketer1: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

Who is K16?

Nigerian HipHop veteran K16 who used to be in the same group with now nollywood producer Kingsley Ogoro, has finally dropped his EP dedicated to the Sounds of the Dirty South. Featuring all new original material, this 16 tracker is a pure delight to listen to if you're a fan of African Hip-hop,  http://multikraftmedia..com/2010/06/mixtape-k16-tribute-to-south.html

@Sauron: Right now, it's all about the return of the old school turn true school. You'll notice that Nigerian Hip-Hop veterans like K16, TERRY THA RAPMAN et al are now re-branding themselves. A couple of kids out there are also trying. Won't mention names, only time will tell.

TERRY THA RAPMAN & THE BOYZ ARE NOT SMILING MOVEMENT
http://multikraftmedia..com/2010/06/terry-da-rapmam-boyz-are-not-smilin.html
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by ravenzord(m): 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
Na wa O. Video isn't that bad now. I've seen worse videos receive award nominations e.g: Kefee's Kokoroko. T'was definitely unModelike though.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by tosinaded(m): 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2010
If i talk now,dey wil say av come again!
How can any1 say kokoroko has a terrible video?
Mscheeew oshi oda jor
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by ravenzord(m): 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2010
Slip of fingers, I meant to say kokoroko was the best video of the year. . .shoulda won a VMA award self. Mscheew. . .wackass video.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by javalove(m): 8:17pm On Jun 26, 2010
BLOODY HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF MODENINE RAP, HE CANT RAP

IF HE DRESS, HE CANT DRESS

IF HE SHOOTS VIDEOS, NO CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS

ALL OF UNA GO DIE BY FIRE NI!!!!!!

Its like u fools (Sauron and co), idiots (eldee and co), blind haters (tosin and co) never see anything good in him. . .

The concept of the video was ok and it fits the lyrics. . .

He is asking. . .IS THS WHAT YOU WANT?? IS THIS WHAT U WANT ME TO BE? FAKE BLING BLING AND DEM GALS?

#Javalove. . unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by mcbhydemi: 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2010
Thats why i dont like people who review music on NL, Most of em have programmed their minds. They have taken their sides, either with (mode9,ruggedman, sauce kid, e.t.c). Someone said mode9's best video was 'Cry'. If u Ask him back then, he prolly would have said it was crapppp.
Now how will someone comment on a video he doesn't understand, everyone knows mode's in for real hiphop, no rainbow colours, no dancers, e.t.c. What he's doing here is taking swipe at those who criticise his vids as too hard. Is this whut u want?
But here we have pple that don't understand the concept, judging it by mode 9 normal vids.sad!
When u want to make a commnt, make sure u understand what u'r saying, dont just write ish, cos u want bring down someone u dislike
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by javalove(m): 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2010
thank u jare ^^^ my broda. . .they are stuoid foolish bastard werey people wey dey here. . .
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by tosinaded(m): 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2010
Cry is wut u cal a video. .this s.hit is an eye sore!
Unforgivable. . . .

Now java tel me,did u see blings in cry,or u saw booty shakn girls?
Try dey use common sense talk abeg!

No1 is talkn abt the concept here. .the quality is pathetic
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by javalove(m): 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2010
@tosin

stop being a fool. . .the storyline of cry is different!!!

this track is talking something else. . .IS THIS WHAT U WANT?? ARE U MAD OR SOMETHING. . HABA!!

Comment on the video based on what the rapper is talking about. . .
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by audio: 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2010
javalove:

IF HE SHOOTS VIDEOS, NO CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS

Just watched it. My honest opinion, it's okay, but below the standard of the rap videos coming out now. Case in point, Beazy's BAD GUY video. The difference is quite clear.

Mode's first video off Davinchi Mode was very poor. He needed to come back with a definitive statement. This isn't it. The change of wardrobe is not a bad idea, but the clothes looked a bit ill fitting. In other words, they weren't making him look like a star.
Also, there was virtually one background throughout the whole video. No variety, so gets a bit boring after the 1st minute.
MoCheddah did what she could, but there really wasn't very much to work with. IGHO has really gone downhill. It seems if he isn't shooting his own video, he doesn't put any effort into it.

Doesn't do anything to enhance the song. A 2/5 for me.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by Sauron1: 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2010
javalove:

Its like u fools (Sauron and co), idiots (eldee and co), blind haters (tosin and co) never see anything good in him. . .

I have told you to always keep your mouth shut when intellectuals are discussing.
Your intelligence is too low to cope with the pace of brilliant discussions.
A brain-damaged social reprobate like you shouldn't be talking to me if not for the anonymity you enjoy on the internet.
In the real world, you are not different to the beggars i toss 1 pound coins to.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by tosinaded(m): 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2010
Bidemi go back and read the crap u just posted and tel me how it justifies the bad quality of the video. . .sebi na only u undestand everytn!
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by tosinaded(m): 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2010
Lukman sumtimes u no dey use ur brain!
Wut has the message of a song got to do wit video quality?
Are u mad?
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by javalove(m): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

I have told you to always keep your mouth shut when intellectuals are discussing.
Your intelligence is too low to cope with the pace of brilliant discussions.
A brain-damaged social reprobate like you shouldn't be talking to me if not for the anonymity you enjoy on the internet.
In the real world, you are not different to the beggars i toss 1 pound coins to.

WTF You are the most clueless Nairalander i know. . .

Once your baseless arguments have been debunked, u result to abuses rather than posting sensible stuffs. .I dont blame you, its your parents who didnt do their job well iblame.

And u say me like a beggar? I can feed your family and generations not yet born. . .!!!!

Because we all hide behind pseudonyms, u feel u have the right to post crap, , ,

@tosin

that video is ok please. what quality are you talking about? Camera or what? Please be clear. . .
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by Sauron1: 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2010
javalove:

WTF You are the most clueless Nairalander i know. . .

Coming from a simpleton, i ain't surprised.

Once your baseless arguments have been debunked, u result to abuses rather than posting sensible stuffs. .I dont blame you, its your parents who didnt do their job well iblame.

I blame your mother for overdosing on Aspirin when you were hiding in her womb. . . .
U got brain-damaged and because you were born in a local chapel, they couldn't diagnose your several ailments.

And u say me like a beggar? I can feed your family and generations not yet born. . .!!!!
Because we all hide behind pseudonyms, u feel u have the right to post crap, , ,

Your whole lineage cannot afford to feed me. . . .never mind a useless reprobate like Lukman Jaji.
Ma pet dog lives a more quality life than the richest member of your entire family tree.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by eldee(m): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2010
@Javalove

Are you done now??

Aiite . . . a good video is a good video, it will always get the concept and portray the message.
What you want is not a good video, Cry is a good video, 360o poetry is another good video.
This is just wack . . .

When I talked about DVM's album cover, I pointed out the things he could change.
I pointed out Modenine's dressing, employ the guys that dress other celebs.
Video production . . . pay these guys more money and they'll give you a good job.

If that's not constructive enough, you'll have to get sumone else.

If you want Modenine to learn, sit him in front of modern day Nigerian videos . . . the days when you could get away with videos like Recipe, Badman and Spazmodic  are long gone.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by Genuflect(m): 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2010
audio:

IGHO has really gone downhill. It seems if he isn't shooting his own video, he doesn't put any effort into it.
Dude, Igho works according to how much you pay him. He said so himself. I've watched madt videos he directed for himself and other artists so I don't know whachu talking about
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by shotster50(m): 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2010
When you say the video is ok , do you really believe that?? Compared to whats coming out of Naija that video smells low budget from a mile off.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by bouzymill(m): 1:29am On Jun 27, 2010
I think the video is alright. Not too tyte for me but I got the concept. Something like "naija celebrity spoof". My own opinion about the video is that, they wanted to make something minimalistic, but they pushed too much on that, that it almost lost actions and all the supposed sh.t. But you know there are "wacker" videos out there and you just don't have to crucify this because it's Modenine.

And also, I don't really think Good videos rely on money as some are putting it here. I think it is more on the concept and the director. Money would buy you great location and all that, but it won't buy you concept. I heard "OD' shot his video in South Africa, and that sh.t is still wack to me, I'm very sure the money Modenine used to make this video is still enough to make a better video.

So, let's just stop talking about money like Modenine is a down ass pauper who can't feed himself. He's been on his own for quite some time now, and I don't think any rumour made it to the magazine that he's not getting his hands to his mouth. Besides, over the years that we've been on this NAIRALAND, there was never a time he was homeless. He lives in his crib and pays his own bills and ever since he keeps popping up to the top spot while most of you still live with your parents (y'all know yourselves"wink

He has come out with his own school of thought, if you're not with him, then free him, and let him run his shows the way he wants, those who like him would follow,

We all come on this Nairaland and make our so called "opinions" like whatever we say is law. We all come here to criticize their career while they feed on those criticisms to move to the top, Modenine is poor | Tuface lied about R.Kelly collabo |Tuface didn't do sh.t with MJB, etc." Why don't you ask yourself, "Have I achieved half of what these guys have achieved in thier lives?" am not saying we all should go into music, but look at your chosen career, are you the best in it? Quit over emphasizing sh.ts all because you want to present your critique.

But anywayz like I'Technique says, "for every beautiful damsel, there's a man that bleeps her like a bitch". . . Even the best artiste of all time has his/her own haters.

You can call me a stan. . . but what it is, is what it is. I know the truth has been injected already.
Re: Video: Mode9 - What U Want Feat. Mo'cheddah by tosinaded(m): 6:28am On Jun 27, 2010
How does ur meaningless episle make the video any better?
For sum1 dat f3els alujo is wack. . . .its funny and ridiculous how u managed to compose all this crap to make a bad video look good. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Our Brothers Missing On The International Music Scene? / Timaya - Ukwu [video Download] / Lastest Album By D'banj: Run Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.