Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate (18256 Views)

I Am Running A Poultry At A Loss. I Need Help! Please, Someone Should Reply. / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by Anny0526(f): 3:54am On Aug 04, 2010
hi , everyone , i am anny from china , i had back from nigeria for my business - the chicken cage and wire mesh .
i hope you can give me some more helpful advice , in the future i would like to own my company and my farm in nigeria .
thank you every one .
Anny wang .

jinjin.0526@hotmail.com
anny0526@yahoo.cn
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by expert101(m): 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2010
you can start small the money you talked about is ok. don't waste time start now. you can also consider turkey business
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by 9jabizhelp(m): 8:01pm On Aug 08, 2010
It is very interesting to see how Nigerian youths are going into the agric sector.

Please graduates and job seekers, there are businesses you can also do and become self sustained.

stop waiting for government jobs.

Nigeria is land of opportunities. A poor man is a lazy man
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by youngestpr(m): 8:18am On Aug 11, 2010
This is a very informative and interesting post. i will just like to add that when ur broilers are ready, there is a ready market to buy them in bulk and process them for u as frozen chicken. You can promote the companies branding or make them brand for you. also for supply of frozen chicken.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by Fhemmmy: 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2010
youngestpr:

This is a very informative and interesting post. i will just like to add that when your broilers are ready, there is a ready market to buy them in bulk and process them for u as frozen chicken. You can promote the companies branding or make them brand for you. also for supply of frozen chicken.

You mean they will buy them from him, or he has to promote them?
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by pauloch(m): 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ Fhemmmy,

either way, i think he's going to be in business and move ahead without loafing around.

We will all succeed!

Pauloch
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by CashChaser: 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ayodele, Thanks for sharing your knowledge about the business but we are still waiting for the info on poultry house construction.
once again,thanks for your contribution its really appreciated!!!
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by pauloch(m): 7:57am On Aug 12, 2010
@ Cashchaser

thankz for ur observations on the poultry house contruction. You see, going through my [/b]41-paged Comprehensive Manual on BROILER FARMING/BUSINESS, you will have the ample opportunity to get the nitty-gritty of constructing one. The manual has pictorials of various types of poultry cage/house you can choose or adapt for your birds. I would recommend you also take a look at our site for other BENEFITS, like[b] making your o[/b]CUSTOMIZED FEED at a cheaper rate, etc. See you at:

www.broilerbizsecrets..com

[b]Pauloch.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by youngestpr(m): 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2010
Pls can anyone supply me grown up broilers in 48 hrs from now, I will be in need of up to 500 birds. The birds are needed in Ibadan, but can still be brought from its environs. You can contact me on twonjee2002@yahoo.com or 08032072706.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by naijacutee(f): 11:36pm On Aug 15, 2010
Well done, op for seeing the potential in this area that so many of our graduates look down on. Obviously, ayodele123 has proved that he knows what he is talking about. Since he is in the business, I think he would be the best person for you to go tofor guidance, not people selling pdfs that they have bought from other people. It is good that you have saved up so far, and you recognise your limitations - maybe you can work out a consultancy deal with ayodele - i.e you work for him for a month or two in order to gain experience before you set off on your own? Or maybe he's willing to advise you on how best to start small profitably, and you can pay him later?

However you choose to go about it, I wish you all the best.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by knowledge4(m): 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2010
Wakabout its really sad that you lost 800 birds.
A 5oo bird backyard poultry farm set up and managed with the right information and in the right conditions
can fetch about N2m within 12 months
Get details of poultry income aritmetics at www.johnayodele.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by ogbongenet: 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2010
poultry farming is a very lucrative biz you can invest into,but it depend on the type of poultry you wish to go into,i mean there is different types,you know we have :broiler, layers,cockerel, with that amount with you can go for broiler rearing because it doesn't require much money like the layers.Another advantages of broiler keeping is that you get your money and returns in less than 3month.if need more info on how to start,how to get day-old -chicks you can contact me on 08060115253
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by ayodele123(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2010
For further details, my contact mail is ayodeleade2002@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by donobi(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2010
ayodele i like ur esperience in poultry, i m a novice in this field but i want to go into it, i ve #200k. is it enough to start small? give me ur reply through my email (donobiaustine@yahoo.com) waiting for ur response.
thanks.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by donobi(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2010
ayodele i like ur esperiencd in poultry.
i like to go into it, but i m a novice, can i start small with #200k.
reply me though my email (donobiaustine@yahoo.com). waiting to hehr from u.
thanks.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by ayodele123(m): 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2010
Donobi,
The answer is Yes.
You can start a micro farm(home backyard) with N200k but before you start,you have to acquire the knowledge first because the knowledge is more important than the money.
Its the knowledge about how it works and what it takes that is the key to success in poultry farming business.
You can check www.johnayodele. for posts that will provide valuable information about the business.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by babalolar1: 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2010
to ayodele123

i have send you an email to your private box pls reply me as soon as you can
thanks for your help
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by Johnnny(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2010
My sincere thanks to Ayodele123 for this info. It is very laudable to see that there are still some of us nairalanders who opts for helping others without seeming to get something from it. May God Continue to bless the works of your hands.

We may not be able to repay you for this info, but I know the Good God will reward you in an unexpected way. (Bo ba ku die ki omo oloore ja si koto, Mona-mona a tan ina imole funn). Amen.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by onoerime: 6:49am On Oct 03, 2010
if you need a comprehensive manual on how to run a mini poultry hesitate not to email me. evanvick@yahoo.co.uk or call me 08025701682.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by knowledge4(m): 10:18am On Dec 13, 2010
The Arithmetic Of A Laying Chicken

A healthy layer will produce eggs at an average of 5 eggs per week and can produce for up to 15 months. It produces an egg in about 24-36 hours which translates to an egg per day or two eggs in three days and an average production of 5 eggs per week.

After 12 months, production may begin to drop due to diminishing returns. When the production figures drop to about 50% or less, it is advised that the farmer should sell them but before selling, he must have started raising another generation or cycle for continuity.

If a farmer buys a healthy point-of –lay at about N800.00 to N1000.00 and the farmer can maintain the health status of the bird throughout the laying period, the bird is likely to produce an average of 5 eggs per week multiplied by 15 months assuming that the farmer intends to sell the bird after producing for 15 months.

When the farmer is selling the bird (now an old, retired layer), the farmer will sell for a minimum of N700-N800.00 per bird and there is a high demand for old layers in the Lagos area during Christmas. The revenue realized from the sale of old layers is in addition to the revenue realized from the sale of eggs throughout the laying period. If the farmer is selling off 1000 layers during Christmas, he is guaranteed to earn a minimum of -N700,000.00 .
The money realized from old layers will help to offset the cost of raising a fresh set of birds.During the laying period,1000 heathy layers will produce at 80-90 % consistently i.e. 27-30 crates daily for 12-15 months. 600 healthy  birds can fetch the farmer at least N2.5 m in 12 months.
You may wish to visit www.johnayodele. for poultry set up information and the analysis of how to realise the N2m and pls note that 600 birds is a micro  farm which can be set up in a home backyard, .

The challenge in the business is the ability to maintain the health status of the birds throughout the laying period and to keep it alive. A farmer should therefore not be looking at the earnings potentialities of the business alone but should also focus on the essential areas that make the business work and how to overcome the challenges. There are vast potentials in the poultry business.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by monopolist: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2010
Glorious Business Day to You,

Please pay #5,000 as soon as possible to rent your 1 Hectare of Farm Land at the Oke-Odan Plantations off Idiroko road, Ogun State for the 2011 Planting season.
There is a super heated competition going on and some farmers and investors may be forced to rent at a higher rate of #7,000 per year as from January and some may end up not getting Hectares to rent. So we are on a Plantation acquisition/rental drive on the behalf of our Investing Partners.

For the Cocoa, Oil Palm and Jatropha Plantations you can buy the Hectare for between #250,000 and #750,000 or do a long lease payable/renewable every 10 years rent.
That means renting for 10 years @#50,000 per Hectare. This will be sealed by a professional Lawyer.

Expecting your reply as a sign of interest in farming in 2011.
Thank you

Best Regards,
Pastor Olusola Accomplishment Oluwagbemi
Principal Manager
Food For Life Project
Off Idiroko road
Ogun State
Nigeria
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by gng777777: 8:59am On Dec 30, 2011
ayodele123 thanks a million times,i will like to have your number. mine is 08037059582
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by knowledge4(m): 10:05am On Dec 31, 2011
ayodele123's phone number is on the poultry blog www.johnayodele.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by fm7070: 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Ayodele123,
The information you share on this forum is of great assistance.
I want to confirm the best source of Kumorov Vaccine or recommend any other egg boosting vaccines for me.
I have 20birds who are not laying up till now @30wks old. I've administered Kumorov twice, others are laying but this 20 has refused to lay
Please help me out.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by ayodele123(m): 10:38am On Jan 03, 2012
What % of your total stock is the 20 birds?
Send your mail address.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by niapay(m): 11:02am On Jan 03, 2012
They issue you have is simple pure lack of proper layer management skill, no amount of medication will help in this case, you should first check your layer management guide supply by the breeder of the stock you currently have, and also check your feed diet regime to see if it complies with your breeder manual, proper climate control to check if the hens are in topmost condition, because stress can also affect egg laying and many more, read layer management guide at the links below:
http://www.tombarron.co.uk/files/Download/ISAWARRENAnnex.pdf
http://www.inghams.com.au/layers/sitedocument_alt.aspx?docId=485
http://www.morrishatchery.com/mngmt_guides/Lohmann_Brown_Classic_Commercials.pdf

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My New Cucumber Farm / Dangote fertilizer Urea 46%+ is Available. / Drip Irrigation For Vegies ACRE and HECTARE Kit... Talk to us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.