Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts (4943 Views)

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by aabangs(m): 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2010
have always had problems with down times with my nigerian host company had to change an american host and those guys are cool
but some told me Nigerian host are better depends on the hosting company back-bone i.e the host that services your own local hosting
company.  am on with rivhost.com   pls what do you have to say about this
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by DualCore1: 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2010
aabangs:

depends on the hosting company back-bone

For resellers, it depends on the upstream providers who may be running a master reseller account, a VPS or a Dedicated server
For hosts using VPSes, it depends on their upstream providers who control the server node where the VPSes are located.
For hosts using dedicated servers, it depends on their datacenter.

The customer service is also a factor.
There are very terrible and very good host companies everywhere in the world. The terrible thingy is not a Nigerian thing.

In my experience, having a good knowledge base on your site, stable service and enlightened clients saves a lot of customer request issues.
Just got off the phone with a client who's staff havnt been able to check their emails or access their website for about 2 days. They called me up and I am telling them I can access the site from my end and so can others at different locations. They (the staff) just don't understand a thing I say and are bent on the fact that there is something wrong with the service I am providing. Well the contact person I know in the company just got back from a journey and called to find out the problem. Good enough he has some experience with modern day machines so its easy to talk to him. He even confirmed he can access the site and mails from his mobile internet but couldnt access it from the company's internet. At once I knew it was an IP block. I turned of my firewall on that very server and told him to try again, it worked! I turned it back on and asked him to give me his IP address. He couldnt really get to it but I checked my logs and saw it. Voila, the IP was blocked 2 days ago because my server detected one of the staff trying to access an email account with the wrong password repeatedly. I explained to him and he was thankful, case resolved!

Bottom line, its not just the host we have to look at. Clients need to be enlightened.
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by bros1234(m): 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2010
DC has made a great point. many things could cause a few tings that needs enlightenment on the side of the client.

www.wazohost.com
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by bytci(m): 12:45am On Jun 26, 2010
there is nothing like foreign and anaigeria host we only have resellers in Nigeria so if there server is down your site also will be down.

it is better you get a debit card and buy your host directly.
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by DualCore1: 12:52am On Jun 26, 2010
bytci:

we only have resellers in Nigeria so if there server is down your site also will be down.
Is this a fact you can prove or its just an on-the-fly statistic you made up all by yourself?
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by roadsta(m): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2010
contact www.sukihost.com for cheap reliable host. all nigerians can negotiate their method of payment and are exempted from paying the setup fee.you can pay in naira.unlimted bandwidth.you can host umlimited emails,blog,forums and etc.access to cpanel and a do it yourself sitebuilder with over 400 temlates to choose from.
give it a try.                   www.sukihost.com
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by bros1234(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2010
bytci:

there is nothing like foreign and anaigeria host we only have resellers in Nigeria so if there server is down your site also will be down.

it is better you get a debit card and buy your host directly.

With this kind of inferior mindset even if you see a solid company with owned servers you would still not believe in what can come out of Nazareth. Pity

www.wazohost.com
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by sley4life(m): 11:40am On Jun 28, 2010
Foreign host beta
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by tundewoods(m): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2010
Ok let me get this straight and correct. Is this about hosting with a Nigerian resident Host Reseller VS hosting directly with a foreign hosting company ? I guess that is the actual scenarios that usually come into play in most cases. Well it all depends on the factors that determine your choice of hosting.

Personally experience shows that if you have direct access to a hosting company you are assured of peace of mind. wink
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by castrogee(m): 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2010
please can anybody advice me on my decision to get Java certification from firstlogic.
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by sayso: 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2010
answer in you question.
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by FrenchyL(m): 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2010
I prefer the foreign ones like Hostgator.com

The nigerian ones have issues most times. sad
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by DualCore1: 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2010
tundewoods:

Ok let me get this straight and correct. Is this about hosting with a Nigerian resident Host Reseller  VS hosting directly with a foreign hosting company ? I guess that is the actual scenarios that usually come into play in most cases. Well it all depends on the factors that determine your choice of hosting.

Personally experience shows that if you have direct access to a hosting company you are assured of peace of mind.  wink

Just so we are clear. Most "foreign host" companies don't have a dedicated server sitting in their office. So this idea of going for a "foreign host" company because you will have direct access is BS. Lets get the mentallity of "foreign" and "local" off our heads when it comes to webhosting.

There are different stages of webhosting
Shared,
Reseller,
Master Reseller,
VPS,
Dedicated Servers,
Colocation/Cages.

This is what is obtainable worldwide and it doesnt matter if it is Nigerian or not, if it wants to suck it will suck if it wants to be good it will be good.
The "Nigerian" factor doesnt come into hosting. You really need to see what crappy "foreign" companies do, oh well cuz of the Nigerian "oyibo" mentality we are caged in, we overlook 'em.

Just look for a good service in Nigeria or anywhere else and stick with it. Don't expect magic to happen cuz it wont.
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by Albato(m): 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2010
I host with a foreign company - directly. Am not mentioning names but I had to leave one last yr because they overwrote my files. Even the current one is not free of issues. Because its foreign does not make it free of wahala.
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 28, 2010
depends on which webhosting servixces you are using.what i use is very standard and i do not have to kill myself to build it and i can do what ever i want to do on it
my website www.lobinetech.net
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by itekzone: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2010
If you are looking for an affordable web hosting, check out http://webhosting.infotekps.com

I have been using them for over 10yrs and no down time

You deal directly with them. You can pay with your VISA or MasterCard

Customer service is instant. No Iimits!!
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2010
ipage.com
just about 3bucks
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by banom(m): 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2010
Hosting comapny like tridomainhost.com, is excllent, they are hosting my four different websites , and it has been a great deal.
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by Nuriel22: 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by aabangs(m): 4:54pm On Jun 28, 2010
like i said when starting this discussion, lets forget sentiments,will it pay-off after hosting for a whole year for N2500 and have a million down times than host with a solid host company and have peace of mind, guys is not about promotion i have idea about hostgator they still have their problems talking from experience. To me
rivhost.com still remain the best, though its american but their back-bone still remain the best i have hosted two domains with then. even pman rivers state chapter is hosted with them pmanrivers.org, cheers
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by item: 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2010
It depends, I have always use lagoshost.com and never had any major issue with my sites. I currently I have 5 with them.
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by MyneWhite1(f): 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2010
Abroad hosts are better, ipage or inmotion, bluehost too. Not too expensive.
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by CarlosVent(m): 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2010
d nigeria one i use which is d expert host.com is credible
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by nigboy(m): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2010
It is not a matter of Nigerian Web host or a foreign web host it is a matter of the company involved. Even a web hosting company in my village may be better than that abroad.
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by samhimself(m): 2:44am On Jun 29, 2010
Foriegn host are the best, u can try Just host, they have great reviews, great resseller plans, are cheap and have alot of unlimited features including a $50 free advertising bonus.
Try Justhost.com,
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by bros1234(m): 10:53am On Jun 29, 2010
samhimself:

Foriegn host are the best, u can try Just host, they have great reviews, great resseller plans, are cheap and have alot of unlimited features including a $50 free advertising bonus.
Try Justhost.com,

Obviously you dont know a thing about web hosting. I give you more than $50 promotional ad credits if u host with us at www.zaski.com or www.wazohost.com. Does that make me a great host. U bet. There is more to web hosting than $50 ad credit, that thousands of clients even never get to bother about. Its a recycled bonus from Resellerclub.

Did u read what DC said above. Hundreds of foreign hosts including godaddy are resellers of some sort.

Web hosting is not about country. Fact is because u heard they ar in US u would have the illusion of perfection. Totally wrong.

Before we lauched www.wazohost.com and www.zaski.com our two hosting companies I hosted about 11 domains with one of these top hosting providers u ar arguing about. Wen they had problem 9 of my domains got wiped out. And until today, its gone, no matter what I did to recover them

There are many top standard local hosting companies here like nairahost, smartweb , syskay, trudigits and plus the ones we provide at www.wazohost.com and www.zaski.com. Of course fly by night hosting coy around might make you think otherwise, but get it in ur head. Its not about foreign or local
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by bros1234(m): 10:59am On Jun 29, 2010
samhimself:

Try Justhost.com,

Obviously you dont know a thing about web hosting. I give you more than $50 promotional ad credits if u host with us at www.zaski.com or www.wazohost.com. Does that make me a great host. U bet. There is more to web hosting than $50 ad credit, that thousands of clients even never get to bother about. Its a recycled bonus from Resellerclub.

Did u read what DC said above. Hundreds of foreign hosts including godaddy are resellers of some sort. Web hosting is not about country. Fact is because u heard they ar in US u would have the illusion of perfection. Totally wrong.

Before we lauched www.wazohost.com and www.zaski.com our two hosting companies I hosted about 11 domains with one of these top hosting providers u ar arguing about. Wen they had problem 9 of my domains got wiped out. And until today, its gone, no matter what I did to recover them

There are many top standard local hosting companies here like nairahost, smartweb , syskay, trudigits and plus the ones we provide at www.wazohost.com and www.zaski.com. Of course fly by night hosting coy around might make you think otherwise, but get it in ur head. Its not about foreign or local
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by bigleap1: 11:21am On Jun 29, 2010
nigeria does not have any resident webhosts, all are mostly re sellers

its true even foreign web hosting companies have issues

we are a reseller and had issues with our supplier but ther service we got was fantastic which we could tell to our clients

having a local representation and able to communicate with clients would give them a better level of understanding

www.sorealglobalconcepts.com
info@sorealglobalconcepts.com
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by DualCore1: 12:33pm On Jun 29, 2010
big_leap:

Why are you contradicting yourself?
Can you explain what you mean by "resident"?
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by chikeaneke(m): 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2010
big_leap:

i think this is true, most nigerian host companies even if they are not resellers have their servers domiciled and maintained abroad [of course u cant maintain a server in nigeria 'cos of power and infrastructure problems]

but i think it might be wiser to deal with good nigerian hosts that either have good servers abroad or are reselling for good companies abroad 'cos they could help bridge the gap of customer service and access to service, e.g. u can pay for services without necesssarily having to acquire a credit card or a paypal account, and u can also more easily reach them for complaints and questions e.g. if u want to have a one to one discussion with them, u can just walk down to their office. but u can't do these when u are dealing with hostgator and others.

also dont forget that most of the foreign companies would discriminate against you, racially speaking and otherwise
Re: Nigerian Web Hosts Vs Foreign Web Hosts by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 30, 2010
PLEASE STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF

NOTHING LIKE NIGERIAN WEB HOSTING

NO THEY LIE FOR M SAY NIGERIA HOSTING COMPANY DEY

HAVE BEEN INTO WEB DEVELOPMENT SINCE 2005
THIS IS WHAT THEY DO.
1. THEY BUY A DEDICATED SERVE OR RESELLER OR VPS AND SELL IT TO PEOPLE
2. WHERE IS THE INTERNET CONNECTION THAT WORKS PERFECT 24/7 IN NIGERIA
3. WHERE IS THE POWER (nepa)

AND SO MANY,

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Top 5 Best Google Add-ons For Chrome Broswer / Which Web Programming Language Are The Hardest & The Easiest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.