Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo (15853 Views)

Bishop Mike Bamidele: COVID-19 Is From Hell, Not From God / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Pastors Should Stop Taking Our Churches Abroad - Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Bakrabas: 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2018
According to Mark 13:22 there's nothing like prophesy anymore

The Bible says in Mark 13:22 Mark 13:22 New International Version (NIV)

22 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
Bolustical:
You can never be a true man of God and your prophecies will fail.

True Prophets of God such as Samuel, Elijah, Elisha will tell you the HOW, WHERE & WHEN with precisions, they never failed coz they truly heard from God

Their "this time tomorrow" never failed.

But here we are with gods of men with phony political calculation favouring their preferred politicians. God judge them all.
So the prophecy about Hezekiah's death was fake I suppose
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by toluene1234: 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2018
It's unfortunate this day that the church is inundated by fake prophecies.
A true man of God gets prophesy from God almighty to his people. He ask God then God uses his servant to give the prophecies. Some prophecies are for the future, God is not a man that lies nor a son of man that should repent, whatever he says he will do. That's God using his servant to give his message.
A lot of pastors do not even hear from God. They do permutations and output the results.
If true prophecy do not come to pass now, it may be for the future, so the prophet or pastor has no obligation to say sorry to the people. Only God knows who are his.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by na2016: 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
kaorama:
So Jonah in the Bible should apologise cos when the people of Niniveh repentwd and prayed God withdrew His anger against Jonah's prophesy? Hmmm, men of God this days.

You have totally and overlly contradicted yourself. The children of Niniveh understood that what they needed to do was beleive God, fast and repent. It was an open thing and so dont make excuses for some Nigerian Pastors who see themselves as gods.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Harfisco(m): 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
Na predictions ,not prophecies
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by davidsthe(m): 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Hmmmmmmm. Pride won't allow most.

Cheap s7 edge. Check my signature.

U get HTC u12+ or you fit get?
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by madridsta007(m): 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
nwamehn:

Boss, read the book of Jonah again and see that there was no condition given in the prophecy of Jonah.

Jonah only said, "in forty days, Nineveh shall be overthrown".

The king of Nineveh out of his own wisdom called his people to prayers and he even said, "who knows, God might change his mind after our prayers so that we don't perish", to show u that Jonah didn't give them any condition in the prophecy.

If Jonah gave them condition to repent or perish, why would he be saying, "who knows, God might change his mind after our prayers"?

Besides, Bible didn't say any condition Jonah gave them in the prophecy, unless it's another Jonah u ar talking about not the one in the Bible.

Chief, read this:

"But to Jonah this seemed very wrong, and he became angry. 2 He prayed to the Lord, “Isn’t this what I said, Lord, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity..."

I put that in bold because that is God in His divine nature. He can not deny Himself. It does not need to be stated in every chapter of the Bible. That is why Abraham was appealing and pleading on behalf of Sodom and Gomorrah. Once true repentance comes into play, God forgives in deed and in action. Like the thief on the cross. There are many instances in the Bible.

Without Ninevah repenting, they were as good as dead. Like Sodom and Gomorrah. To say, "the prophesy failed" is to ask God to deny His nature, which is impossible.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
kaorama:
So Jonah in the Bible should apologise cos when the people of Niniveh repentwd and prayed God withdrew His anger against Jonah's prophesy? Hmmm, men of God this days.
so if I say, buhari will win election and he didn't win, it means God changed his mind.

Lolzz most of your pastors are going guess work, they never heard from God.

God is not involved in frivolous and trivial issues
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Adakintroy: 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
Prophesy are like scientific forcast..sometimes they come to past, other times they dont.

We know it in part and we prophesy it in parts says paul.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by nwamehn: 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
madridsta007:

Chief, read this:

"But to Jonah this seemed very wrong, and he became angry. 2 He prayed to the Lord, “Isn’t this what I said, Lord, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity..."

I put that in bold because that is God in His divine nature. He can not deny Himself. It does not need to be stated in every chapter of the Bible. That is why Abraham was appealing and pleading on behalf of Sodom and Gomorrah. Once true repentance comes into play, God forgives in deed and in action. Like the thief on the cross. There are many instances in the Bible.

Without Ninevah repenting, they were as good as dead. Like Sodom and Gomorrah. To say, "the prophesy failed" is to ask God to deny His nature, which is impossible.

All these u stated ar to support that the prophecy failed because of repentance.

Repentance of the people is just one of the reasons prophecy fails. Another reason is if God changes His mind and decides not to punish them anymore. These were not given as conditions in Jonah's prophecy in Jonah 3 vs 4 where the prophecy was written, so saying that repentance was the condition in Jonah's prophecy is simply teaching what the Bible didn't say, which we both know is heresy.

Jonah's prophecy had no condition. It was very straight - Jonah 3 vs 4: "In forty days Nineveh shall be overthrown". Does this statement appear like one with a condition?

It failed because God changed His mind, and that's why Jonah felt like dying and asked God to take his life - Jonah 4 vs 3.

My point again: True prophecy from true prophets can fail if God changes His mind, just as Jonah's case.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Themandator: 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
Bolustical:
You can never be a true man of God and your prophecies will fail.

True Prophets of God such as Samuel, Elijah, Elisha will tell you the HOW, WHERE & WHEN with precisions, they never failed coz they truly heard from God

Their "this time tomorrow" never failed.

But here we are with gods of men with phony political calculation favouring their preferred politicians. God judge them all.

If we go by your conclusion then we will say Paul wasn’t a true man of God because in Acts 27:10 he did say they were going to die together with their ship but we know his prophecy didn't come to pass for the angel of the Lord came to him and gave another word.

The truth is that prophecy can be altered via prayer and sacrifice and repentance. While you are giving that prophecy or word of knowledge, there might be some Intercessory that has equally received same Intel and already travailing in prayer against that outcome.

America is home to some of the largest and best organised Intercessory fellowship in the world. They can receive this information from heaven and be at work ink their kneel against it manifestations.. Some of their group is online for 24/7
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by mikeaims: 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
those of you that see nothing wrong with pastor issuing out false prophecies. read Deuteronomy 18:22. once a pastor gives a lie as prophecy in the name of God is never not from God.
People should stop being too religious and supporting evil and occultic people using the church as cover to deceive people.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by samwash(m): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
U mean predictions or rather forecast
A true man of God only prophesied what God has said at any point in time & the prophecy must come to pass.
God word never return to Him void.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by jpmoriarti(m): 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
This is not what the bible said.

Deutronomy 18:20 said "But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death."

The bible did not say they should apologize. The bible said they should be put to death. This is the law! You cannot cherry-pick which one to obey and which one to throw away. If you pay tithe and obey Malachi 3:10, then people like Adeboye who said in 2016 that there would be a new veneral disease and we are in 2018, no new veneral disease has been heard. According to Deutronomy 18:20, he should have been put to death long time ago because he did not speak what God commanded since God is not a liar.

Rubbish Nigerian christianity.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
TolaTosin:
so if I say, buhari will win election and he didn't win, it means God changed his mind.

Lolzz most of your pastors are going guess work, they never heard from God.

God is not involved in frivolous and trivial issues

You now ask yourself ' Was it God that told you Buhari will win election?' That is what makes it a prophesy. Am not interested in those making guesses and you can have your opinion on anything, depending on your circumstances. Prophesies are God's messages not mere speculations. Also it is important to note that prophesies are worked out by human agencies. If for instance, God tells you Buhari will win 2019 election, it doesn't mean that even if Buhari doesn't contest he will win. He will not win and it doesnt make God a liar. You dont need to apologise to anybody cos it wasn't your own message. Unless you want to take the place of God. Get that clear.
God doesn't impose His will on humans. Humans need to cooperate with God for any divine assignment to be executed.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by nwamehn: 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
addikt:

You said " THEY REPENTED " so by this , "GOD CHANGED HIS MIND"..

Does that not mean if they do not repent then God wouldn't change his mind and the prophecy would take hold?

Their repentance was not a condition given in the prophecy unless there is another prophecy u ar talking about. The prophecy is written in Jonah 3 vs 4 and it bears no condition for fulfillment there. It will amount to teaching what the Bible didn't say if u say that the prophecy came on a condition as u said earlier since the prophecy as contained in Jonah 3 vs 4 does not have any condition attached to it.

Repentance was just a reason afterwards that the prophecy failed and not that the prophecy came initially on a condition of repentance cos it wasn't stated there.

If u assume that every prophecy comes on a condition of repentance whether it is stated in the prophecy or not as u want to make me believe in this Jonah's case, then there wouldn't be any fake prophecy on earth.
Any person can release any prophecy and when it fails to come to pass he will simply tell u that it came on a condition of repentance, or prayer or charity work etc.
I can wake up and say that 300 men will die in Port Harcourt tomorrow and if it fails to happen I will turn around and say that the prophecy came on a condition of repentance which I didn't say earlier.

I want to ask u a question, will u say that TB Joshua's prophecy that Clinton will win US election was a true prophecy or not?

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
na2016:

You have totally and overlly contradicted yourself. The children of Niniveh understood that what they needed to do was beleive God, fast and repent. It was an open thing and so dont make excuses for some Nigerian Pastors who see themselves as gods.
You sound unteachable, so I will not wast my time with you.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Boss13: 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
Well said Bishop - you know your colleagues very well and their predictive spirit.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2018
nwamehn:

Their repentance was not a condition given in the prophecy unless there is another prophecy u ar talking about. The prophecy is written in Jonah 3 vs 4 and it bears no condition for fulfillment there. It will amount to teaching what the Bible didn't say if u say that the prophecy came on a condition as u said earlier since the prophecy as contained in Jonah 3 vs 4 does not have any condition attached to it.

Repentance was just a reason afterwards that the prophecy failed and not that the prophecy came initially on a condition of repentance cos it wasn't stated there.

If u assume that every prophecy comes on a condition of repentance whether it is stated in the prophecy or not as u want to make me believe in this Jonah's case, then there wouldn't be any fake prophecy on earth.
Any person can release any prophecy and when it fails to come to pass he will simply tell u that it came on a condition of repentance, or prayer or charity work etc.
I can wake up and say that 300 men will die in Port Harcourt tomorrow and if it fails to happen I will turn around and say that the prophecy came on a condition of repentance which I didn't say earlier.

I want to ask u a question, will u say that TB Joshua's prophecy that Clinton will win US election was a true prophecy or not?

Good observation. Repentance needed not be a condition for escape from the foretold calamity. You know why? God will never turn away from a broken heart. How could God have gone ahead to destroy Niniveh when the Bible told us that the King and even their animals joined in the fasting to seek for God's mercy. Habaa. This is what God expects from us.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by nwamehn: 10:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
kaorama:

Good observation. Repentance needed not be a condition for escape from the foretold calamity. You know why? God will never turn away from a broken heart. How could God have gone ahead to destroy Niniveh when the Bible told us that the King and even their animals joined in the fasting to seek for God's mercy. Habaa. This is what God expects from us.

I know all these. My point is that true prophecies from true prophets can actually fail if God changes His mind just as in Jonah's case.

The fact that Jonah's prophecy failed doesn't mean that he wasn't a true prophet.

Jonah didn't give any condition for repentance in his prophecy. He only gave a simple prophecy which later failed because the people repented and God changed His mind, but u can't say that Jonah was not a true prophet or that his prophecy came with a condition cos it didn't come with any - Jonah 3 vs 4.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Fynekings: 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2018
ekems2017:
Pastors are not even suppose to say THE LORD SAY when the Lord did not say to avoid any form of apology. It is already a sin to lie against God.
tell them o
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by larrybee2017(f): 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
kaorama:
God bless you o. This old man must be high on weed. You see the reason why Christians need to be united. Who ISA man of God to apologise on behalf of God that God decided not to execute his plan?
What a shame,not talking should have earned him honor
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by deleo16(m): 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
kaorama:

I don't want to join issues with the Bishop in this platform for respect for the Word of God. But the truth is that any man of God who would always want 'his prophesy' to come to pass is a proud person. The always want to be religiously correct. Ego is at work. Prophesies are God's words and it is left for God to do whatever He wishes with His word.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
nwamehn:

I know all these. My point is that true prophecies from true prophets can actually fail if God changes His mind just as in Jonah's case.

The fact that Jonah's prophecy failed doesn't mean that he wasn't a true prophet.

Jonah didn't give any condition for repentance in his prophecy. He only gave a simple prophecy which later failed because the people repented and God changed His mind, but u can't say that Jonah was not a true prophet or that his prophecy came with a condition cos it didn't come with any - Jonah 3 vs 4.

Good

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
larrybee2017:

God bless you o. This old man must be high on weed. You see the reason why Christians need to be united. Who ISA man of God to apologise on behalf of God that God decided not to execute his plan?
What a shame,not talking should have earned him honor

My dear, this goes to show we are not praying enough. Our ministers have taken over from God. It's a pity.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by madridsta007(m): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
nwamehn:

All these u stated ar to support that the prophecy failed because of repentance.

Repentance of the people is just one of the reasons prophecy fails. Another reason is if God changes His mind and decides not to punish them anymore. These were not given as conditions in Jonah's prophecy in Jonah 3 vs 4 where the prophecy was written, so saying that repentance was the condition in Jonah's prophecy is simply teaching what the Bible didn't say, which we both know is heresy.

Jonah's prophecy had no condition. It was very straight - Jonah 3 vs 4: "In forty days Nineveh shall be overthrown". Does this statement appear like one with a condition?

It failed because God changed His mind, and that's why Jonah felt like dying and asked God to take his life - Jonah 4 vs 3.

My point again: True prophecy from true prophets can fail if God changes His mind, just as Jonah's case.

Lol @ support the prophesy when it fails.
I think I’ll stop here. It seems we are lost in semantics.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2018
SweetJoystick:
You mean when guess work and permutations fail? grin
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha
Before RELIGIOUS LEADERS were highly revered but now they brought shame and disrespect upon themselves.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by na2016: 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
kaorama:

I repeat, you are overly contradicting yourself and that is the reason you could just go down my post to accept a similar reasoning as mine from another person.
Read with understanding and be bold to call what is bad as bad!
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by oluwasegun007(m): 11:29pm On Aug 21, 2018
Apologies key?

If I where to be a pastor, am I to apologize for an occurrence the 'spirit " told me would happen but never came to pass?
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by idugbe(m): 11:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
Has he apologized to Nigerians for aggressively selling Buhari to his church as the expected messiah? Buhari has failed to deliver but has the Bishop himself apologized for not 'seeing well'?
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by daveP(m): 11:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
kaorama:
Dont be this dumb pls. Jonah gave a conditional prophecy....

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by distilledwalex(m): 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
oruma19:
u lack understanding dirty to say. Jonah's prophecy was accurate and came to pass because the intention was for Nineveh to repent. They did repent.
You better leave those m.u.mu that are reading bible like novel.. They failed to realized that Jonah's prophecy was conditional... If you decide to shot your mind against the fact.. no amount of fasting and prayer can stop you from been lost.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophet SEER 1 Claims He "Resurrected Dead Young Man" In South Africa. Photos / Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? / 2022: Don't Listen To Prophets Of Doom, Prophet Abiara Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.