Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo (15969 Views)

Bishop Mike Bamidele: COVID-19 Is From Hell, Not From God / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Pastors Should Stop Taking Our Churches Abroad - Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by OyinO: 12:16am On Aug 22, 2018
Coming from one of them. They are all deceivers, con men and fraudsters.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by arrestdarrester: 12:21am On Aug 22, 2018
addikt:
WHY WOULD PASTOR'S PROPHECY FAIL AT THE FIST INSTANCE , AREN'T THEY SUPPOSED TO BE INVOKED AND POSSESSED WITH THE ONLY SPIRIT BEFORE YOU SPIT THE WORDS OUT

PROPHECY NO BE "GUESS" NAA, WHICH OF THE PROPHETS HAD A FAILED PROPHECY IN THE BIBLE ?

Prophecies serve God's purpose only. Prophecies do not serve the fantasies of men. Prophecies are given to confirm the will of God to an individual, avert the judgement of God or reveal the plan of the enemy.

Open declarations on who will be Governor or who will be President do not serve God's purpose in prophecies. Otherwise there would be an instruction accompanying the benefactor of the prophecy.

Jonah was sent to prophesy the judgement of God on Nineveh. He refused to go on the assignment because God might change His mind if the Ninevites repented.

The success or failure of a prophecy is in what God achieved and not by what came to pass. For God, prophecy is a means to a divine agenda and not an end in itself.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 22, 2018
kaorama:

You now ask yourself ' Was it God that told you Buhari will win election?' That is what makes it a prophesy. Am not interested in those making guesses and you can have your opinion on anything, depending on your circumstances. Prophesies are God's messages not mere speculations. Also it is important to note that prophesies are worked out by human agencies. If for instance, God tells you Buhari will win 2019 election, it doesn't mean that even if Buhari doesn't contest he will win. He will not win and it doesnt make God a liar. You dont need to apologise to anybody cos it wasn't your own message. Unless you want to take the place of God. Get that clear.
God doesn't impose His will on humans. Humans need to cooperate with God for any divine assignment to be executed.

You have started, I thought your bible says God is the one that ordained kings and rulers.

How many pastors in Nigeria still hear from God or the speak based on their political and financial interest
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Arimokwusunday(m): 6:10am On Aug 22, 2018
Bolustical:
You can never be a true man of God and your prophecies will fail.

True Prophets of God such as Samuel, Elijah, Elisha will tell you the HOW, WHERE & WHEN with precisions, they never failed coz they truly heard from God

Their "this time tomorrow" never failed.

But here we are with gods of men with phony political calculation favouring their preferred politicians. God judge them all.

HAVE YOU EVER TRY TO KNOW WHY JONAH IN THE BIBLE TRIED TO FORESAKE GOING TO NENIVEH?

sometimes, prophesy can be averted or fulfilled that is, when the person prophesied for or against, turn back from his or her wild chase or maybe work assiduously to achieve that through which the prophecy came...

JONAH PROPHESIED DOOM BUT THE PEOPLE OF NENIVEH REPENTED

DOES THAT MADE JONAH A LIER? THE ANSWER IS TOTALLY "NO"

on a second thought, I know there are many fake prophet nowadays... Only GOD can help us, Amen
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 22, 2018
daveP:
Dont be this dumb pls. Jonah gave a conditional prophecy....
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Kakesman: 6:59am On Aug 22, 2018
bedspread:
Every Nigerian Flying should Pray Earnestly,befor Flying...
I was Shown a plane Crash in Nigeria...

God go punish that ur badmouth 4 there idiot
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Benagbe(m): 7:05am On Aug 22, 2018
trendysturvs:
Bishop Mike Okonkwo, ex-president of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) and General Overseer of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM), has advised church leaders whose prophecies did not come to pass to apologise to the church.

And it is quite unfortunate that what most clergies do is to paint the situation after the failure of the prophecy.

He said:
“Anyone who makes a prophetic declaration let him stand by his prophetic declaration, if it didn’t come to pass let him come and apologise to the church that he lied.

“There is nothing wrong that you make a prophesy and out went over the bar, come to church and tell the church that you lied.

“What annoys me is that you come and begin to paint it, I didn’t say it this way because

I said it this way, that is nonsense. You make a prophesy, it fails, you are a human being, come to the church and say I fail.”

This is not Biblical. If a prophecy fails, the Bible stand is that the prophet is false and was never sent by God, because God is omniscient and can never err. Such false Prophets are to be stoned to death!
"But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord , if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."
Deuteronomy 18:20‭-‬22

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by 2016v2017: 7:16am On Aug 22, 2018
NextGovernor:
Pastors now do guess work.. If d professing enter dey hammer. If e non enter dey still hammer becos most Nigerian christians na m..u..m..u
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Bianda24: 7:18am On Aug 22, 2018
Must a prophet prophesy?
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by mikeapollo: 8:16am On Aug 22, 2018
MartinCorridon:
TB Joshua right now...

TB Joshua has prophecied correctly hundreds of events. His prophecies have been 99.9999 percent accurate.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by kenechukwuori(m): 8:20am On Aug 22, 2018
Hmmm...Paul told Timothy in 1st Timothy 1:18 "This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare". If the recepiant of the prophecy failed to do his/her part, will d prophecy still come to pass or does it mean that the man of God had prophesied falsely?
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Lovelife433(m): 8:29am On Aug 22, 2018
sacluxisback:
1st to comment.

1st time ever in nairaland.

I am set for greater feats in life.
animal these is ur greatest achivement in life? I pity ur destiny, Oponu.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 22, 2018
Lovelife433:
animal [/b]these[b] is ur greatest achivement in life? I pity ur destiny, Oponu.

Try being literate before you quote me. And No that wasn't a typo.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by CSTR1005: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2018
kaorama:
So Jonah in the Bible should apologise cos when the people of Niniveh repentwd and prayed God withdrew His anger against Jonah's prophesy? Hmmm, men of God this days.
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him

If Nineveh had not repented, and the punishment did not come, then Jonah should apologise.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2018
CSTR1005:

Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him

If Nineveh had not repented, and the punishment did not come, then Jonah should apologise.
You have not made any point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solomon Was A Black Man / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.