Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent (7026 Views)

HAUSALAND: Teach Me Hausa / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by EbenezerTriumph: 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2020
uyai:
@ chiogo yeah i'm in boston

you? where?

@ bigsis, you have no right to even open your mouth. You guys are some of the most uneducated individuals. when you do decide to go to college , it is for basketball and football. if that fails then everyone goes to their basement to do rap. Nigerians are the most smart and educated blacks on the planet. We are the BLACKS in all the prestigious USA colleges. A report was just made on this issue by PRINCETON. It is your e\country but WE are the ones using your resources. YOU know about that, that is why you are here. SO do not insult us. YOU should be proud to be in our midst.
cc Khiaa
Terryishere oya come and read this
Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by EbenezerTriumph: 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
uyai:
@ big sis, your tone is like a typical African American woman. You have so much anger inside you with due respect, take it out on someone else.

Educated Nigerians use pidgin English. WE know when to use it and when not to use it. I don't know how many times i've been embarrassed at a meeting because one of your people does not know how to speak English. I do not need to tell you about nigerians, YOU BEING ON THIS SITE SAYS IT ALL.

cc Terryishere
Khiaa
Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by EbenezerTriumph: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
IBEXY:
American accent is easy to learn. Just Talk through your nose and add enough swear words to your speach like

-Sh*t
-Mother***er
-Damn (pronouced DEUM)

change all occurences of "want to" to "wan na".
All "going to" to "going to"
Sprinkle in enough "you what am saying" (pronouced : Yno waram sayin)
refer to people by making reference to their "arse" eg "Am g o n n a to kick your arse" means "I will kick you"
Use the word DUDE to refer to your friends
Finish the makeover by adopting a swagger like a hip hop artiste.
Wear track suits always with the most expensive sneakers you can lay your paws on.
My guy, everyone will think you are from yankee.

lol chai omo this one weak me grin grin grin
Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by gregyboy(m): 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
yicob:
Because i want to start speaking like a yankee.

You b scammer op, a nigga created a thread above yours on how Americans gave black babies to alligator if he see this your thread he go kneel down for your kneck
Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by gregyboy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
iice:
Laughin ma friggin lil butt off grin grin Oh lawdy lawdy Yicob, you have outdone yourself! Bwahahahahahaha
neelsel, i sooo agree with you!

Let me see d little butt, you're playing with our mind here abi
Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by Terryishere: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
EbenezerTriumph:

cc Terryishere
Khiaa

Why did you call me into a foolish thread that is 13 years old?
Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by Terryishere: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
BigSis:
uyia,

I guess that would make all Naijas idiots, because I don't know one that doesn't speak pidgin - bad english.  Furthermore, all the Naija I associate with are educated. Dumb ass I have enough sense to know when to change up the way I talk.   I am so proud of Black American venacular, we set the trends not only for the US, but the world.  We create, and y'all imitate it.  You are just mad because we are God's chosen and the world's innovators, and you are so insignificant.  You know you don't exist in world - the black American world.

I can see why you are still third world.  You don't create anything yourselves.  You are just poor imitators.
Ebenezer Triumph read this.
Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by Terryishere: 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2020
WesleyanA:

can we stop being self-righteous for a sec?
The african immigrants in prestigious American colleges come from all over Africa not just Nigeria and they are usually sons/ daughters of already educated or wealthy people who moved to the US or send their kids to the US.
trust me, I hang out with immigrant Nigerians (I'm one myself) too majority of them are in community colleges. It's usually the sons of lawyers, teachers etc that end up in Princeton etc.
let's not kid ourselves. Don't you think Nigeria would have been the best country in the world if what you said was true that we're all educated etc?
plus most nigerians/ africans and blacks in general in my school play sports too. lol

no insults please

"everyone goes in their basement to do rap" can also be translated in the nigerian language to "everyone goes to the cafes to do 419" yeah stereotypes are everywhere. I met some really outstanding black americans, so lets not generalize.

ebonics is to communicate just as nigerian pidgin is to communicate. yeah both are considered to be used by illeterates.
ebonics originated with african americans that are secluded in the ghetto. obviously their dialect will be diferent from the mainstream. african americans who don't live in the inner cities etc usually don't speak ebonics.

I won't advice anyone to go learn ebonics though. unless they don't want job prospects or unless they're moving into the innercity etc (it's advicable to learn ebonics if you want to survive in these areas).

------
anyways, @ topic, get a little bit of some southern accent 'cause it's cute. tongue

Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by EbenezerTriumph: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
Terryishere:

Why did you call me into a foolish thread that is 13 years old?
Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by EbenezerTriumph: 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
Terryishere:
she's an ignorant fool just like u are
Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by Terryishere: 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
EbenezerTriumph:
she's an ignorant fool just like u are

That's funny. grin When it's negativity towards AA it's the truth but when the tables are turned and that same negativity is put on Nigerians the whole statement becomes ignorant and the poster becomes foolish just like you.
Re: I Want Someone To Teach Me American Accent by MustofaL6(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2020
Do search for Tofadefama on IG as he helps Nigerians learn how to pronounce words in the ��British way so as to sound British.��.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Origins And Founding Patriarchs of Yoruba And Yoruboid Towns. / Sons Of The Soil: The History Of The GBAGYI People Of Abuja / Who Own Egusi And Pounded Yam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.