Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men (26470 Views)

Nigerian Men Talk About Vasectomies / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Idrismusty97(m): 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
You men are really trying but you guys use women alot. The best thing is to find your footings (financially) before asking any of us out. During your hustle or struggle days don’t be in any serious relationship.

Remember we women have nothing to lose. We got our Poosie to help us in any situation.

May God help you all
Lol there is a word for women like you, They are called prostitutes in other words "Ashawo". Look it up.

2 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
You men are really trying but you guys use women alot. The best thing is to find your footings (financially) before asking any of us out. During your hustle or struggle days don’t be in any serious relationship.

Remember we women have nothing to lose. We got our Poosie to help us in any situation.

May God help you all
It is ladies like u dat still Bleep outside marriage and happily send their husband to early grave.... If u feel possi is all u have to give in a relationship then to hell with it

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Idrismusty97(m): 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2018
The world is changing so fast it scares me. Every gender is being fed up with the double standard, I wonder if marriage would still be a thing a few decades from now. I wonder what kind of society the next generation will grow up in.

2 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2018
idu1:

Look at this one.

I'm sure 80% of your families will not support this your comment
That's why she is using an unknown identity online
I pity d man way go marry dis one cus she already a CALAMITY
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by MENTORCH(m): 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
In Nigeria women feel a man should handle almost everything. Here it’s not like that, a woman must chook hand inside pocket too. Even if I were in Nigeria I can’t be with a woman that can’t release funds

4 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by LordKO(m): 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Hanseel1:

You're yet to get married. When you eventually do, this big grammar will refuse to be typed when you intend to.

You're just so focused/concerned on being the leader/king to the extent that you're ready to do anything to sustain that position even if it'll mess up your emotional life spam.

Shut up and stop being hypocritically disingenuous - closet misogynist. Don't allow conceitedness, selfishness, self-centeredness and greediness to destroy you. Everyone on this forum isn't of the same stratum - the earlier you stop using yourself as standard for everyone else, the better for you.

An articulate competent in your stead ought to have known that I'm not against a wife being resourceful and independent.

Peace out.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
LordKO:

Shut up and stop being hypocritically disingenuous. Don't allow conceitedness, selfishness, self-centeredness and greediness to destroy you. Everyone on this forum isn't of the same stratum - the earlier you stop using yourself as standard for everyone else, the better for you.

Peace out.

All these grammar because you want to retain the position of a leader and turn a fellow human being into a slave.

As usual I expect you to reply me, immature man!

8 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Grupo(m): 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
happney65:

Greatly underappreciated..I have seen Men go through Hell all because they needed to provide for their families..

Wife wants more than 2kids while I want just 2..I already told her I will go do vescotomy when we have 2..I cannot come and die on top paying Bills..

Don't allow her to blackmail you into something you are not ready for o. At the end of the day, you will still be the one bearing the responsibilities.

2 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Bitterleafsoup: 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
You have a very selfish wife sorry for youoooo!
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
tatibillion:
No wonder our men no dey live long

Please watch my awesome reaction to this AZA song by Davido

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIXyPX-gO0A&t=106s

is this the new trend now everyone is jumping to_ what is reacting to someone elses stuff... I dont get. what does this get you exactly
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Chathumdinger(m): 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
Don't venture into marriage when you ain't ready....period

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by YemiHadid(m): 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2018
Just read 'The Manipulated Man' by Esther Vilar.. It was written by a woman... that book is a gem!

4 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by dasparrow: 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
Hanseel1:
A man spends his whole life chasing money, mostly not for his own needs but for that of his immediate family.

The wife works quite alright but there is an unwritten law that says he must provide all her needs because he is a "man", so he saves up and the first car he buys he gives to his wife because "she's a woman, she shouldn't be stressed up" he can still jump buses till he affords to buy another car.

The house rent gets due and he is short of 50k so his wife adds up from her savings and they pay. Two months into the renewal of the rent the wife starts nagging about how she really needs her 50k, there are things she needs to do, most of which are all superfluous. He pays her back her 50k that she contributed to the good of the same family.

His wife isn't very good at driving so he comes home to see she has bashed in the right door of her car. "I'm a little pressed for money dear, I won't be able to fix that anytime soon, do you have some money to spare?" She says she doesn't so the car gets parked for a month or two in which his eardrums were nearly perforated with nagging and complains.

She's pregnant! Yay! the first child is here, it's a girl. That brings it's own responsibilities. The wife's family came to visit to congratulate them and when they leave, another unwritten law says that as a "man" you should give them money for transport

The Man's own family comes too and the same unwritten law is applied.

They get more children and have to move to a bigger house which requires bigger money for rent. And with children expenses don't decrease as they grow older it increases.

One day you wake up and you are 65years old realizing you've done absolutely nothing for yourself as a man but slaved to satisfy others, most of which aren't even grateful for the sacrifice.

Why are you writing this unnecessary long epistle for? Did anyone force you to get married? Is anyone forcing you to get married? Marraige is a choice. So, if you cannot handle the demands of a NIGERIAN marraige, you are welcome to remain single.

Nigerian bred men are in this mess today because most of you are control freaks. You tell your wives not to work so that you can control her life and so that she can become your mule or slave.

In most parts of the world, wives and husbands use their earned income to run the family together. However, because of your bloody fragile African ego which is the size of an air balloon, you Nigerian bred men get intimidated by financially successful career women.

You want to be the sole bread winner so that you will be your wife's 'god' and she will worship the ground you walk on. Also, so that you can cheat and/or be abusive and she won't have the money to leave you.

Please don't complain. You guys created this monster because of your misogynist backward African mindset so deal with it or remain single forever. Shikena!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Slamjamz22(m): 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2018
Why is Father's day not celebrated like Mother's day they are also very important in a family but we all feel mothers are top priority....
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by ogtavia(m): 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2018
MasterBaiter:
No pity for men who become slaves to their own ego.

Can you draw a line between ego and a sense of responsibility?

2 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
donbachi:
This is the reason why anytime i borrow money from my wife i don't pay back...i even borrowed this morning.

Guy man, for me i always pay back oo because her talk no be here oo

3 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by djon78(m): 12:01am On Aug 23, 2018
I believe a man's wife is meant to be a helper. But if a man ends up with someone not a helper, then he should ensure he does not overdo things. But use wisdom.

He should make out time to cater for himself.

I remember during the burial of one of my uncles, the priest in his sermon was advising men not to kill themselves in the name of being the bread winner of the family.
That men must have time and also enjoy themselves, because the day they die. That the woman and children will move on

And I saw deep wisdom in what the priest said. Omo me I must enjoy myself oo. Wear quality clothes. Good ride. Sometimes personal vacations pamper myself very well. Even spend some part of my inheritance for the less privilege or my foundation. Madam and children may have 50percent, the other 50 should go to the less privileged and poor.

9 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Barayeks(m): 12:10am On Aug 23, 2018
@seun I won't take this rubbish
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Barayeks(m): 12:13am On Aug 23, 2018
Hanseel1:
A man spends his whole life chasing money, mostly not for his own needs but for that of his immediate family.

The wife works quite alright but there is an unwritten law that says he must provide all her needs because he is a "man", so he saves up and the first car he buys he gives to his wife because "she's a woman, she shouldn't be stressed up" he can still jump buses till he affords to buy another car.

The house rent gets due and he is short of 50k so his wife adds up from her savings and they pay. Two months into the renewal of the rent the wife starts nagging about how she really needs her 50k, there are things she needs to do, most of which are all superfluous. He pays her back her 50k that she contributed to the good of the same family.

His wife isn't very good at driving so he comes home to see she has bashed in the right door of her car. "I'm a little pressed for money dear, I won't be able to fix that anytime soon, do you have some money to spare?" She says she doesn't so the car gets parked for a month or two in which his eardrums were nearly perforated with nagging and complains.

She's pregnant! Yay! the first child is here, it's a girl. That brings it's own responsibilities. The wife's family came to visit to congratulate them and when they leave, another unwritten law says that as a "man" you should give them money for transport

The Man's own family comes too and the same unwritten law is applied.

They get more children and have to move to a bigger house which requires bigger money for rent. And with children expenses don't decrease as they grow older it increases.

One day you wake up and you are 65years old realizing you've done absolutely nothing for yourself as a man but slaved to satisfy others, most of which aren't even grateful for the sacrifice.

You don't have a brain to think up your own shit abi? You copy every word and not give credit to the author? I wrote every word myself, its no copy and paste like your empty skull did @seun
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Barayeks(m): 12:27am On Aug 23, 2018
Take down this post you stole from me or give me credit, its my intellectual property, use your own brain to compose things

3 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by LordKO(m): 12:29am On Aug 23, 2018
ogtavia:

Can you draw a line between ego and a sense of responsibility?

You're wise. The OP and his ilk doesn't seems to understand that there's a difference between sense of responsibility and ego. See them trying so hard to gloss laziness, selfishness, self-centeredness and greediness with garb of equality - nay sharing bills. Volitional and conscientious assumption of responsibility (by both parties) based on individual's immediate capability is a true sign of oneness and validation of equality. Marriage isn't a commercial enterprise where partners shares things based on the size of equity one own/hold. The sacredness of marriage lies in mutual altruism, kindness and sincerity.

If a couple share bills this month - instead of each person making volitional and sincere contribution based on immediate capability - it means that if one of the parties runs out of resources in the future due to unforseen life circumstances, s/he should and would be abandoned. Bumpkins don't seem to understand that loyalty is earned.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Lord — Nigerian Man Tells Women / 'My Thoughts On Child Marriage' - Peregrino Brimah (Dr) / 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.