Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,187 members, 7,842,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men (26515 Views)

Nigerian Men Talk About Vasectomies / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by redsun(m): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2018
In country where there is no government like nigeria,you don't have to have children unless you are truly capable taking care of them,not by getting them to hawk on the streets and compulsorily do the hard chores in house just because you pump them with eba and white rice everyday but by nurturing them in the best way possible to be more capable than you in future.And capability could just mean being a successful and enterprising farmer.

You don't have to get married because your mates are doing so and most of all,you don't have to have children until you become a true adult that can think of solutions to life mundane problems,not by wailing to jesus,mohammad or babalawo but by being hands-on in everyday life challenges.

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Barayeks(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2018
eyinjuege:
Look at the OP, you stole someone's thread and posted;it, yet you want to be respected. The type of men raised these days. Na wah o.
Stealing is not corruption .

I'm happy the mods have given me credit, but I still wonder why they picked his over mine (the original) to put on the front page.

I keep saying these mods are either partial or bribed

3 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Barayeks(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2018
BlackSpanner:
So many hidden comments. Warris happening

He stole my post

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Blonchilli(m): 9:15am On Aug 23, 2018
donbachi:
This is the reason why anytime i borrow money from my wife i don't pay back...i even borrowed this morning.
Legend you are

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by DKM123: 9:41am On Aug 23, 2018
We don't want to cook banga soup and moimoi for the family and wash the plates afterwards.

We don't want to wash the kids clothes, change the diapers, potty train and scrub the bathroom floor.

We don't want to be the one to think of getting the kids set for school, packing their lunch and doing the school runs.

We don't want to be the one to go to New Benin
and yanga market........

Now we don't want to be the one bringing in the finances.

We just want to be the head of the house, the captain of the ship and the MAN with a phallus! Dazzal! Why is that so hard!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by DKM123: 9:50am On Aug 23, 2018
dasparrow:

Why are you writing this unnecessary long epistle for? Did anyone force you to get married? Is anyone forcing you to get married? Marraige is a choice. So, if you cannot handle the demands of a NIGERIAN marraige, you are welcome to remain single.

Nigerian bred men are in this mess today because most of you are control freaks. You tell your wives not to work so that you can control her life and so that she can become your mule or slave.

In most parts of the world, wives and husbands use their earned income to run the family together. However, because of your bloody fragile African ego which is the size of an air balloon, you Nigerian bred men get intimidated by financially successful career women.

You want to be the sole bread winner so that you will be your wife's 'god' and she will worship the ground you walk on. Also, so that you can cheat and/or be abusive and she won't have the money to leave you.

Please don't complain. You guys created this monster because of your misogynist backward African mindset so deal with it or remain single forever. Shikena

Preach!

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by eyinjuege: 10:03am On Aug 23, 2018
Barayeks:

I'm happy the mods have given me credit, but I still wonder why they picked his over mine (the original) to put on the front page.

I keep saying these mods are either partial or bribed

He broke rule 14, and his post was reported.
You should have also reported his post, or called the mods by mentioning their names that he stole your write up word for word.
Lazy Nigerian youth. Nobody wants to work hard again, but will gladly take the credit of someone else's work

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by coputa(m): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2018
If you drop dead today,your wife and kids will still live their lives.so,never forget yourself while providing for your family,never tell a woman your total earnings in the name of love,because love does not exist but personal interest.strive to live a moderate life while planning for your future(old age ) your future as a man is damaged if you don't have a house,a steady source of income after retirement.Young men look into the future with hope while old men look back with a lot of regrets.

5 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Timbuktuo: 10:21am On Aug 23, 2018
pcguru1:

Actually we are, we've been tied up in a web that we created; the Patriarchy , we set the rules and by the rules we're forced to be a slave to what we created. Irony

Ok, this is really confusing right now. The patrairchy oppresses men too? I thought women said the patriarchy was created to oppress them! This is a bit hard to understand.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by jeff1607(m): 10:26am On Aug 23, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
You men are really trying but you guys use women alot. The best thing is to find your footings (financially) before asking any of us out. During your hustle or struggle days don’t be in any serious relationship.

Remember we women have nothing to lose. We got our Poosie to help us in any situation.

May God help you all

You say what? a woman has nothing to loose?

a man can start his life all over from 45 I.e get married, start a family, become wealthy or make money and still be fulfilled even if his past was rough.

but a woman can't, pregnancy for previous relationship takes its toll on the female body, her perception of things. starting a family would be difficult . she becomes undesirable even with her money it makes it all the more difficult to approach and it changes her.

a woman can't walk out of a relationship unscathed like a man would. remember women get pregnant not the the men.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 23, 2018
Barayeks:

You don't have a brain to think up your own shit abi? You copy every word and not give credit to the author? I wrote every word myself, its no copy and paste like your empty skull did @seun

This article was written by bro.baratone not you .

Your username starts with bara, are you baratone?

Never knew you are on nairaland, relax your words okay.

#mgtow
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by romenna: 10:34am On Aug 23, 2018
pcguru1:

Lol in this economy who the hell is staying away from working women, all my relatives are married to working women and they plan and do things together. Its not realistic for anyone to shoulder all the responsibilities today unless the person is very wealthy
dnt mind dat lady oh. majority of the working women r not even willing to assist their men cos they see their monies as theirs. its just their mindset.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 23, 2018
dasparrow:

Why are you writing this unnecessary long epistle for? Did anyone force you to get married? Is anyone forcing you to get married? Marraige is a choice. So, if you cannot handle the demands of a NIGERIAN marraige, you are welcome to remain single.

Nigerian bred men are in this mess today because most of you are control freaks. You tell your wives not to work so that you can control her life and so that she can become your mule or slave.

In most parts of the world, wives and husbands use their earned income to run the family together. However, because of your bloody fragile African ego which is the size of an air balloon, you Nigerian bred men get intimidated by financially successful career women.

You want to be the sole bread winner so that you will be your wife's 'god' and she will worship the ground you walk on. Also, so that you can cheat and/or be abusive and she won't have the money to leave you.

Please don't complain. You guys created this monster because of your misogynist backward African mindset so deal with it or remain single forever. Shikena!

This should be directed at lordKO

Check my posts on the first page, I said Nigerian men should share house chores and at the same time marry women who must contribute.

But low-key alpha males and misogynists led by LordKO decided to call me stupid, self centered and greedy for saying men should share bills with their wives.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Timbuktuo: 10:37am On Aug 23, 2018
Viking007:
[s][/s]
You don't have sense.

That girl has just spoken the unmitigated truth. You might not like it, but it is the truth.

Most Nigerian women will take everything you have without any scruples and abandon you in your diminished state. They will happily trade up with the upgrade your little means afforded them while you bite your fingers in regret.

So, instead of insulting that lady, I'd advise you to see the game for what it is and play it accordingly.

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2018
eyinjuege:
Look at the OP, you stole someone's thread and posted;it, yet you want to be respected. The type of men raised these days. Na wah o.
Stealing is not corruption .

I copied it from instagram not his profile. I've even posted it before I realized it has been posted here already.
I wanted to write the title like WHAT NIGERIAN MEN GO THROUGH IN THE FAMILY BY BARATONE but it was too long so I just wrote that stuff and re-submitted it.
If you check my posts on the front page you'll realize that my way of writing is different from the one on the OP.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Timbuktuo: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2018
Cynate:
It’s Nigeria thing

Woman want the guy to pay for everything

Wrong, its a woman thing. Women everywhere are like this, even the so-called independent white women.

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by shekauvsbuhari: 10:52am On Aug 23, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
You men are really trying but you guys use women alot. The best thing is to find your footings (financially) before asking any of us out. During your hustle or struggle days don’t be in any serious relationship.

Remember we women have nothing to lose. We got our Poosie to help us in any situation.

May God help you all
baby, U re too beautiful to use ur poosie to get through life. I 'd rather U use ur brain.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Timbuktuo: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Lol there is a word for women like you, They are called prostitutes in other words "Ashawo". Look it up.

What is marriage if not legal prostitution!

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 23, 2018
Timbuktuo:

Ok, this is really confusing right now. The patrairchy oppresses men too? I thought women said the patriarchy was created to oppress them! This is a bit hard to understand.

Oh yes it does, read up on Toxic Masculinity intact the patriarchy may cater to women more than man, except that when it comes to equality and all, the patriarchy is sad to discriminate but lately that line is blurred, in the legal system esp in the western world women enjoy a lot of benefits and advantages than men esp in issues of child support and alimony (depending on the state), its Islam nation (where women are discriminated against )that needs feminism much more than any nation.

Those who complain about the patriarchy are white women they don't care for people of colour they only cater to their own selfish interest which is to topple the patriarchy , you think the sisterhood would back omorosa or any black lady should the need come for it.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by LordKO(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2018
Hanseel1:

This should be directed at lordKO

Check my posts on the first page, I said Nigerian women should share house chores and at the same time marry women who must contribute.

But low-key alpha males and misogynists led by LordKO decided to call me stupid, self centered and greedy for saying men should share bills with their wives.

Bumpkin. Vamoose and direct your further mention(s) to your ilk, I don't join issues with small-minded people like you. You're a closet misogynist, and a typical hypocritically disingenuous person.

If you're to mandatorily "share bills in equal measures" with your wife - instead of either of the parties volitionally and conscientiously contributing according to one's immediate capability (with you as a man having a sense of responsibility to provide for your family) - I wonder how you're going to share in your wife's pregnancy associated pains (labor contractions and childbirth pains). Truth is that you lack love in your life... You don't know what love is.

Also if a couple share bills in equal measures, it means that in the event either of the parties become incapable of making financial contributions to the house the marriage should automatically be over. Marriage is a sacred union, and it shouldn't be mistaken for a commercial enterprise. I don't see oneness and love in a couple that share bills instead of one or both parties volitionally and conscientiously doing what's necessary at any given time.

People like you with your wack thought processes and actions always validates my postulation that brilliance doesn't cure mental parochialism.

I'm not a subjugator. Unfortunately, you're a closet one.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Timbuktuo: 11:18am On Aug 23, 2018
pcguru1:

Oh yes it does, read up on Toxic Masculinity intact the patriarchy may cater to women more than man, except that when it comes to equality and all, the patriarchy is sad to discriminate but lately that line is blurred, in the legal system esp in the western world women enjoy a lot of benefits and advantages than men esp in issues of child support and alimony (depending on the state), its Islam nation (where women are discriminated against )that needs feminism much more than any nation.

Those who complain about the patriarchy are white women they don't care for people of colour they only cater to their own selfish interest which is to topple the patriarchy , you think the sisterhood would back omorosa or any black lady should the need come for it.

No offense, but I think toxic masculinity is BS.

Also, you sound racist and I'm sure black people, black women also complain about te patriarchy.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by uvie66: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

May God help you all
how will your puss help if you are short fat and ugly.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by seenga(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2018
jekong990@gmail.com
thats my email. please send it to me.
frankkydee:

The manipulated man,go and read it
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by descartes400: 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2018
YemiHadid:
Just read 'The Manipulated Man' by Esther Vilar.. It was written by a woman... that book is a gem!

When I started analyzing the character of my ex-girlfriend based on just reading the introduction to" The Manipulated Man" alone, I feel liberated already!

Damn! she's good! grin

3 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by freethinker01: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

May God help you all
what kind of warped mentality is this? This is pathetic!
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
Timbuktuo:

No offense, but I think toxic masculinity is BS.

Also, you sound racist and I'm sure black people, black women also complain about te patriarchy.

Not my opinion it based on what I have read or picked on online. A lot of them is actually BS, am only stating what woke kids state on twitter.

As for the racist part you might see it that way, but even within the feminist section, a certain group feel it caters to certain people (whites) which is why intersectional feminism exists. Am not racist am only pointing out what people claim it to be, I'm only saying when certain issues resolves around women of color in the states the western feminism is usually quiet. However this is not to paint all feminist just the western feminism aka 3rd wave.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by tunjilana: 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Men be wise...Marry a woman who has it put together and level headed. Who doesn't see a call to support and assist her own home as you trying to exploit. Know clearly how your woman is wired before u go the long haul and when u finally get that kinda woman, support her with all of you...Nothing like I can't sweep, I can't change diaper or I can't wash plate...Be flexible, be free and simply live, love and enjoy your family with that woman who thinks like you.

2 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2018
LordKO:
[s]

Bumpkin. Vamoose and direct your further mention(s) to your ilk, I don't join issues with small-minded people like you. You're a closet misogynist, and a typical hypocritically disingenuous person.

If you're to mandatorily "share bills in equal measures" with your wife - instead of either of the parties volitionally and conscientiously contributing according to one's immediate capability (with you as a man having a sense of responsibility to provide for your family) - I wonder how you're going to share in your wife's pregnancy associated pains (labor contractions and childbirth pains). Truth is that you lack love in your life... You don't know what love is.

Also if a couple share bills in equal measures, it means that in the event either of the parties become incapable of making financial contributions to the house the marriage should automatically be over. Marriage is a sacred union, and it shouldn't be mistaken for a commercial enterprise. I don't see oneness and love in a couple that shares bills instead of one or either parties volitionally and conscientiously doing what's necessary at any given time.

People like you with your wack thought processes and actions always validates my postulation that brilliance doesn't cure mental parochialism.

I'm not a subjugator. Unfortunately, you're a closet one. [/s]

Do American men share pregnancy with their wives?

In your first post, you made much emphasis on the position of leadership in the family. Unfortunately for you, anybody who believes in gender roles is a misogynist.

Maybe you don't understand what feminism is all about or you haven't had a conversation with a focused non-Nigerian feminist.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Viking007(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
CHARLOE:

I'm telling u! D nigerian man spends more on woman than any man in d world, he'll take care of children, wife, in-laws, his family members etc . that's y life expectancy of d Nigerian man is very low, they die young due to high bp, diabetes, heart attack etc. Too much pressure: house rent, Skool fees, feeding, , extended FAM, in-laws etc. @ d end of d day, d kids grow up n 4get their dad, only mummy matters then
I wish I can like this comment a million times.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Timbuktuo: 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
pcguru1:

Not my opinion it based on what I have read or picked on online. A lot of them is actually BS, am only stating what woke kids state on twitter.

As for the racist part you might see it that way, but even within the feminist section, a certain group feel it caters to certain people (whites) which is why intersectional feminism exists. Am not racist am only pointing out what people claim it to be, I'm only saying when certain issues resolves around women of color in the states the western feminism is usually quiet. However this is not to paint all feminist just the western feminism aka 3rd wave.

"Woke kids" are usually people with their heads in the cloud and no real-life experiences. They just try to sound intelligent but their philosophy often doesn't stand up to scrutiny. The latest trend for these woke kids is socialism/communism. They actively blame capitalism for their problems in life and are trying to replace it with marxism, that just shows how really unwoke they are. I would not put any stock in their narratives, tbh.

Men can be monsters, men can also be angels; the same goes for women.

Note I didn't accuse you of racism, I only said you sounded so. As a species, we will always have subgroups, in our case this takes the form of races and ethnicities. Sometimes, our interests diverge sometimes they merge, sometimes they clash. However, I've found that POC that say such things as patriarchy being a white problem only do so out of a sense of resentment. Resentment of "white privilege" mostly; when really the same issues can manifest in different ways owing to differing cultural pressure points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by jashar(f): 7:08am On Aug 24, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

May God help you all

Rubbish!!! How long would your p**sie last you?

This reasoning is from the pit of hell. God forbid
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
AngryNigerian22:
I hope sexonmomma no see this comment grin cheesy

Hahaha cheesy
Someone has told him what I wanted to tell.. That 'he doesn't have sense'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Tattoos Wifey On His Cheek (photos) / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.