Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men (26436 Views)

Nigerian Men Talk About Vasectomies / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Cynate(f): 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
It’s Nigeria thing

Woman want the guy to pay for everything

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by idu1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
You men are really trying but you guys use women alot. The best thing is to find your footings (financially) before asking any of us out. During your hustle or struggle days don’t be in any serious relationship.

Remember we women have nothing to lose. We got our Poosie to help us in any situation.

May God help you all

Look at this one.

I'm sure 80% of your families will not support this your comment

7 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by mayorhy: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
You men are really trying but you guys use women alot. The best thing is to find your footings (financially) before asking any of us out. During your hustle or struggle days don’t be in any serious relationship.

Remember we women have nothing to lose. We got our Poosie to help us in any situation.

May God help you all
you're definitely not a female, i have gone through your posts on nairaland and all you do is bash women online. I wonder why you're on a campaign against the female gender. If you had a terrible experience with a gf or a wife doesnt make all women the same. For you to masquerade as a female online to talk evil or bash women in the pretense that you're a female and your views are feminine shows how dangerous and psychopathic you are. I pray someone sees this and get you help because you're a danger to the society

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

May God help you all

This wan brain don leak finish cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by noble2faith(m): 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Viking007:
[s][/s]
You don't have sense.

As in ehn! Her sense don follow her menses comot
undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Alphasoar(m): 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wisdom is profitable to direct...
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Boss13: 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
donbachi:
This is the reason why anytime i borrow money from my wife i don't pay back...i even borrowed this morning.

This guy is so funny
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Whobedatte(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
Yoruba s would say
Ojo iku lojo isinmi
Hard truth for men
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by CapitoneMax(m): 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2018
I would suggest you have a heart to heart discussion with your spouse. Your marriage seems quite young and you shouldn't have to feel like this. Having an understanding family is the greatest gift a Man can get. Please do not feel any pressure.
Archangels2:
Very true... Im just starting out life as a man and its being to feel like that undecided

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Segz252525: 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2018
They all act alike when it's comes to money
pcguru1:
Scenario when you marry an unreasonable wife. But there are a lot of unreasonable women out there lol

3 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Boss13: 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2018
[quote author=Hanseel1 post=70509688][/quote]

Thanks for striking out those comments. Ideally it made no sense. We are not talking of choosing a partner. People should know how to appropriately address comments

3 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

May God help you all
I hope sexonmomma no see this comment grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

May God help you all

6 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
donbachi:
This is the reason why anytime i borrow money from my wife i don't pay back...i even borrowed this morning.

lmao+ you are a don indeed...

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Boss13: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
CapitoneMax:
I would suggest you have a heart to heart discussion with your spouse. Your marriage seems quite young and you shouldn't have to feel like this. Having an understanding family is the greatest gift a Man can get. Please do not feel any pressure.

What has sitting down with the wife got to do with culture appropriation. Do you want the woman to feel she married the wrong person. We are talking about patriarchy and the struggles of Nigerian men and not sitting down with our wives to discuss how to share bills because one Mr said so on Nairaland

Nna na wa o.

4 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Grupo(m): 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
pcguru1:
Scenario when you marry an unreasonable wife. But there are a lot of unreasonable women out there lol

Whether reasonable or unreasonable, the naija woman is trained to believe that her money belongs to her and while the man's money belongs to the immediate family.

My mom is a woman you could qualify as being reasonable. She is a civil servant and still in active service. My dad retired as a civil servant too. Growing up, I watched my mom "lend" money to my dad. Same money would be used for the upkeep of the whole family and my dad would pay back later.

African men are really underappreciated. Chai

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by CHARLOE(m): 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2018
tatibillion:
No wonder our men no dey live long
I'm telling u! D nigerian man spends more on woman than any man in d world, he'll take care of children, wife, in-laws, his family members etc . that's y life expectancy of d Nigerian man is very low, they die young due to high bp, diabetes, heart attack etc. Too much pressure: house rent, Skool fees, feeding, , extended FAM, in-laws etc. @ d end of d day, d kids grow up n 4get their dad, only mummy matters then

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Akabuking: 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

May God help you all
that's the problem with women, their poosie. wat you wrote just sum it up

2 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Grupo(m): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
LordKO:
A situation of such happens where a man married his frenemy as a wife - marry a self-centered and/or greedy woman at your own peril. A marriage devoid of oneness isn't a healthy marriage - where there's oneness there'll be mutual conscientiousness (altruism, kindness, selflessness, sincerity and goodness in general).

Meanwhile mutual conscientiousness is quite different from thoughts and actions of selfishness and self-centeredness glossed with garb of equality. I mean a situation whereby a selfish, greedy and self-centered man, in the name of being a proponent of equality (or feminism), tries to evade bearing responsibilities that comes with leadership in the house by resorting to a wack thought process and action like "we will always share all responsibilities in equal measures." Equality doesn't mean a man "sharing" house bills with his wife - the most buoyant, in case where the wife has a good job, ought to cheerfully do what's needful at any point in time - or allowing his wife to take up heavily physical tasks. As an egalitarian, equality to me means mutual conscientiousness.

Thoughtlessness, selfishness and self-centeredness are products of vices. Couples should strive to master how to be cheerful givers and grateful receivers - reciprocation of goodness (not necessary in equal measures) is the soul of every healthy marriage/union/relationship.

As a man try to know what you need and go for it; don't go for a partner or tormentor when what you need is a wife - a wife should be a keeper and helper. When you marry a wife in this settings you automatically have a submissive woman - submissiveness isn't evil. Submissiveness in this context shouldn't be mistaken for either submission or slavery, because it recognizes self-dominion. Egalitarianism doesn't negates leadership, and there's no kingdom without the king - leadership (headship) neither mean subjugation nor mastery.

It is obvious you are not married
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by KIDfurniture(m): 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
Best post in 2018.. we need more of this here.

5 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by babakb: 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
Hanseel1:

You're right, sir. This happens to men who allow ego to control their sense of reasoning.

In a bid to become head of the house they enslave themselves.

They want women who are submissive and will be dependent on them so that they can control them like slaves yet cry out over financial burden.
Some even refuse to tell their wives to contribute because of
ego.
The only way to stop this is to marry a woman who'll
contribute even if it's 30% and you also share house chores
but no ,they want to form head of the house while they're
dying from burden.
You'll see a Nigerian man who was fair in complexion when
he got married turn into a black complexion because of too
much burden.

In this 21st century, no matter how rich you are don't marry a woman that wouldn't contribute because nobody knows tomorrow.

Well some of us who may marry more than one wife must take all the financial burden, and I ain't complaining.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
wives and hookkers are the same, with a hookker its pay as you go, while with the wife you whether you pay for services not rendered.

at least they ve got something in common, they belong to no one.

marriage in the long run is an illusion, most married will agree that the older you get the more lonely you become.

kids look after their mother not the father.

4 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by LordKO(m): 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2018
Grupo:

It is obvious you are not married

Believe you me, what's obvious is the fact that you're an articulate incompetent. My assertion in this regard remains sacrosanct until you prove me wrong.

5 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by dview001(m): 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

May God help you all
stupid who.re ..dirty prostitu.te with exhumed pussy..I pray no man will marry u cos u will kill d poor man with financial burdens and still fvck outside 4 more money ...public latrine

8 Likes

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
frankkydee:

The manipulated man,go and read it
That book by dr waren farell
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by olumbest(m): 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

May God help you all

Mehnn... Bae just hit the nail on ma head right now.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by chrizzyace: 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2018
Sighs, this is so true... another thing that is affected when a man marries, is the fact that as husband and wife there would hardly be a time where you’ll take your wife out on a date or give her a nice treat. You work from mon to fri, spend time with kids and want to rest on Sunday. This shouldn’t be so, but with proper planning a man should get it right.
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by MPESA(m): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2018
donbachi:
This is the reason why anytime i borrow money from my wife i
don't pay back...i even borrowed this morning.
shocked kiss grin

1 Like

Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
pcguru1:
They many uncountable
Re: The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men by happney65: 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
Grupo:

Whether reasonable or unreasonable, the naija woman is trained to believe that her money belongs to her and while the man's money belongs to the immediate family.

My mom is a woman you could qualify as being reasonable. She is a civil servant and still in active service. My dad retired as a civil servant too. Growing up, I watched my mom "lend" money to my dad. Same money would be used for the upkeep of the whole family and my dad would pay back later.

African men are really underappreciated. Chai

Greatly underappreciated..I have seen Men go through Hell all because they needed to provide for their families..

Wife wants more than 2kids while I want just 2..I already told her I will go do vescotomy when we have 2..I cannot come and die on top paying Bills..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help: My Younger Brother Disrespects Me Alot / Lady Mourns Her Husband's Death, Two Months After Their Wedding / 'My Thoughts On Child Marriage' - Peregrino Brimah (Dr)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.