Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Why Most Nigerian Women Are Visibly Sad On Their Wedding Days - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Nigerian Women Are Visibly Sad On Their Wedding Days (806 Views)

Bobrisky Unknowingly Reveals His Visibly ‘decaying’ Backside On IG (see Photos) / Most Nigerian Guys Are Afraid Of Dating Celestial Girls / 15 Memes That Depict Most Nigerian Relationships (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Nigerian Women Are Visibly Sad On Their Wedding Days by gbenyi: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
Meet a Nigerian girl between the ages 19 to 30, you better not be riding a car. If you drive and own a well furnished apartment, don't make the mistake of taking her to your home, she may never want to leave anymore. She don find husband material!

But wait o, why are Nigerian women so marriage obsessed? What's so important about marriage here anyway? Even ladies from financially well-to-do families these days are so damn desperate to get married, get laid, become pregnant and have kids-- raise a family, their family. It has come to a point where the type of man doesn't even matter anymore. In fact pot-bellied-widower men are the ones on a higher demand. A girl once told me a husband is a husband, once he can afford to take good care of himself and his wife.

I know you misogynists are happy that I am castigating the women, but sorry to disappoint you.

It is no fault of theirs. I am not in any way trying to blame the women who are desperate to get married. If you ask for their sincere opinions, most wouldn't even be thinking of marriage if no one was pushing them too hard to get married before their 30th birthday.

Elsewhere in other climes, people want to live a life of value. They want to find a partner, fall in love and live a happy life. Marriage is seen as an "end" and not "a means to an end". Marriage is not a necessity. If you find someone who you feel you can live the rest of your life with, then you can proceed with the nuptials. But if you choose to be celibate or just cohabitate with whomever you please, nobody gives a hoot. It's your life and your choice.

Come to Nigeria, a woman of 25 years is constantly mocked with the question "you never marry?" while single men twice her age will be bragging about how "na them de rush us!"

Wondering why most Nigerian brides are visibly sad on their wedding days?

Simply put, such women are pushed into marriages they don't desire. They are indirectly rushed to get married to men they don't love, and at a time they ain't even ready. Put yourself in the shoes of these women, what better option is there to choose if everyone keeps asking why you ain't married yet. Not very many have the confidence, and boldness to stand firmly and resist such societal pressures. This to me is an advanced form of "forced marriage".

Where are the true women advocates? I am 100% with you on this one.

Life Amends
Re: Why Most Nigerian Women Are Visibly Sad On Their Wedding Days by lalanice(f): 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
You don go watch seven and a half date abi undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Women Are Visibly Sad On Their Wedding Days by HajimeSaito(m): 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2018
Women look sad? It's the men who look sad when they remember that 90% of the cost is coming out of their pockets.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Women Are Visibly Sad On Their Wedding Days by Bluezy13(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
Your first six paragraphs are nonsensical and fallacious which doesn't relate to the thread caption.

You last 3 paragraphs only shows the echelons of your mediocrity in application of the principles of comprehension passages which you should have been taught in your primary school.

I score you 10%.
Work on your intelligence, logical and technical know-how!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Women Are Visibly Sad On Their Wedding Days by gbenyi: 7:53am On Aug 24, 2018
Bluezy13:
Your first six paragraphs are nonsensical and fallacious which doesn't relate to the thread caption.

You last 3 paragraphs only shows the echelons of your mediocrity in application of the principles of comprehension passages which you should have been taught in your primary school.

I score you 10%.
Work on your intelligence, logical and technical know-how!!!

Ok. But am wondering why you took your time and were even patient enough to read all 9 paragraphs to the end, plus another 10 minutes to type a comment. I wouldn't even read to finish if I were you. Take a chill pill, not everything you see on the internet is for your consumption.

Mr intelligent, I greet you. Thanks for the comment anyway.
Re: Why Most Nigerian Women Are Visibly Sad On Their Wedding Days by Bluezy13(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2018
gbenyi:

Ok. But am wondering why you took your time and were even patient enough to read all 9 paragraphs to the end, plus another 10 minutes to type a comment. I wouldn't even read to finish if I were you. Take a chill pill, not everything you see on the internet is for your consumption.

Mr intelligent, I greet you. Thanks for the comment anyway.

I'm always patient so as to avoid erroneous reasoning.

You're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Man Recounts How He Had Sex With His Elder Sister, Finally Delivered / Most Light Skin Africans / Girls Offering Free/cheap Sex To Rich/handsome Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.