Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. (3043 Views)

Christians ,atheists And Freemen Save Your Souls From Hell Fire By Doing This, / Did JESUS CHRIST Live? Muslims, Christians, Atheists Rub Minds / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Dalamama: 9:42am On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

Oh so in other words you just believe they exist despite there not being absolute proof? You just want absolute proof for Jesus.

Believe who exist? What has their existence got to do with anything? Isn't it a shame that the alleged creator of the universe came to live on earth and the only evidence is empty hypothesis of he said she said?

Well that’s your opinion. Numerous atheist and agnostic historians don’t believe any of the above yet they still accept the evidence for Jesus existence. Seems like you just making excuses to reject Jesus existence by mixing two questions into one. Which is ironic since atheists often accuse christians jumping from Jesus existed to therefore he was the Son of God who die for the sins of man.

Anybody can believe what ever he wants, but the existence of Jesus as a person isn't an established fact. It matters because it's totally absurd that you believe that the alleged creator of the universe cane and lived on earth and the only evidence for that is opinions of other men. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by penplus: 9:51am On Aug 26, 2018
Muslims stoning devil for years now...and the devil is still busy roaming around looking for where to throw his next bomb, he is still busy in sambisa forest doing all manner of havoc, he is still busy luring people to cultism, he has even succeeded in harding the op's heart and blinding him spiritually.

When will we start seeing the effect of this stoni g?
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by rekinomtla(m): 10:30am On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

Believe who exist?

Pharoah

What has their existence got to do with anything?

It shows you methodology is inconsistent, first you said "The existence of Jesus isn't based on irrefutable historical evidence so isn't a historical fact.” Yet you only apply that criteria for Jesus.

Isn't it a shame that the alleged creator of the universe came to live on earth and the only evidence is empty hypothesis of he said she said?

Stop lying, I said specifically said Jesus existence is based is a "highly probable evidence based position" not an empty hypothesis. But I must say you are trying really hard to establish your false dichotomy - either absolute certainty or its an empty hypothesis.

Anybody can believe what ever he wants, but the existence of Jesus as a person isn't an established fact.

According to you yes grin. According to historians it is. Just like according to a flat earther the planet isn't round.

It matters because it's totally absurd that you believe that the alleged creator of the universe cane and lived on earth and the only evidence for that is opinions of other men. grin grin

Like I said I believe in Jesus existence because there's evidence for it, the same reason why it's the scholarly concensus. You reject that evidence because you believe that if it "isn't based on irrefutable historical evidence isn't a historical fact".

According to you if something isn't absolutely certain then it's only opinion grin so you think the earth being round is only an opinion, hell you probably think your own existence is an empty hypothesis since you could always just be in the matrix or a brain in a vat.
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Demmzy15(m): 11:10am On Aug 26, 2018
frank317:

What do u want to do with it? Will it take u to heaven?
I wasn't talking to you, so mind your business!

1 Like

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Dalamama: 11:12am On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

Pharoah

I just showed you the picture of the corpses of one Pharoah. Their burial tombs and still exist intact. Where is the empty tomb of Jesus? Where is it?

It shows you methodology is inconsistent, first you said "The existence of Jesus isn't based on irrefutable historical evidence so isn't a historical fact.” Yet you only apply that criteria for Jesus.

Where is the irrefutableevidence to show that Jesus exist? There are buildings, burial chambers, bust, corpses, images , personal writings, actual dates associated with their birth, or death etc of some historical figures. There is NONE for Jesus. Only them say them say opinions of scholars.

Stop lying, I said specifically said Jesus existence is based is a "highly probable evidence based position" not an empty hypothesis. But I must say you are trying really hard to establish your false dichotomy - either absolute certainty or its an empty hypothesis.

Jesus existence is only based on opinion of other people. Nothing directly shows he exist. No direct evidence points to his existence. No bust, image, personal writing, something that directly relates to him.like some other people that shows or gives high probability. Only hear say and them say them say. Eve the Jesus stories were first written at least 40 years after the alleged Jesus character died by unknown authors.

According to you yes grin. According to historians it is. Just like according to a flat earther the planet isn't round.

Jesus existence relies only on the opinion of historians. No direct evidence like those of others at all. You can't even compare.

Like I said I believe in Jesus existence because there's evidence for it, the same reason why it's the scholarly concensus. You reject that evidence because you believe that if it "isn't based on irrefutable historical evidence isn't a historical fact". ]

Show me the evidence. Where is the evidence that points to Jesus directly not based on opinion of scholars? Where is it?

According to you if something isn't absolutely certain then it's only opinion grin so you think the earth being round is only an opinion, hell you probably think your own existence is an empty hypothesis since you could always just be in the matrix or a brain in a vat.

Ogbeni, where is the irrefutable evidence that the creator of the universe came into the world and killed himself for mankind 2000 years ago? Where is it? Is opinion and probability all you have?
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Demmzy15(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

[s]
My great great grand father is NOT the creator of the universe that came to sacrifice himself to save humanity from their sins as Christians claim. So the creator of the universe came down to earth and the only evidence for that is what? He said she said tales abi? [/s]
I'm not a Christian so all this doesn't concern me. However, for the sake of an argument I'll agree with the above. You presented the picture of a Pharoah, was Pharoah a creator who came to sacrifice himself? Why compare both? So before you believe in an ancient one, you must see their bodies?
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Dalamama: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2018
Demmzy15:
I'm not a Christian so all this doesn't concern me. However, for the sake of an argument I'll agree with the above. You presented the picture of a Pharoah, was Pharoah a creator who came to sacrifice himself? Why compare both? So before you believe in an ancient one, you must see their bodies?

That's my point, if the Pharoah who was just a man that lived long ago has that kind of evidence, then why should the evidence of the creator of the universe that came into the world be based on hear say probability?
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Demmzy15(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

That's my point, if the Pharoah who was just a man that lived long ago has that kind of evidence, then why should the evidence of the creator of the universe that came into the world be based on hear say probability?
Ironically, I believe Jesus to be a man not God. A man sent by God to correct the wrongs of the people, he worshipped God alone and commanded his people to worship him too. I guee we're cool?

1 Like

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by rekinomtla(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

I just showed you the picture of the corpses of one Pharoah. Their burial tombs and still exist intact. Where is the empty tomb of Jesus? Where is it?

That's not irrefutable proof. grin You don't know for certain if that corpses is in fact that of a pharaoh. It could be the case that someone smuggled another corpse into that tomb thousands of years ago and led people to believe that was actually the body of a Pharoah. Therefore that's just your opinion since you not absolutely certain.

Where is the irrefutableevidence to show that Jesus exist?

Open a book. We got numerous ancient historical sources that speak of Jesus. Ancient historians even, Josephus and Tacitus. In fact most of the stuff we know about the 1st century Jews comes for. Joesphus.

There are buildings, burial chambers, bust, corpses, images , personal writings, actual dates associated with their birth, or death etc of some historical figures. There is NONE for Jesus. Only them say them say opinions of scholars.

We don't got any of that for millions of people that lived during Jesus time. All those buildings, burial chambers, images etc. means nothing without ancient writings. Luckily of the ancient documents that have survived that we would expect to mention Jesus if he was truly a historical person do mention him.

Jesus existence is only based on opinion of other people. Nothing directly shows he exist. No direct evidence points to his existence. No bust, image, personal writing, something that directly relates to him.like some other people that shows or gives high probability. Only hear say and them say them say.

You honestly make it sound like you expected people to take out their galaxy s9 and record Jesus. Otherwise their writings are just "opinions" grin

Eve the Jesus stories were first written at least 40 years after the alleged Jesus character died by unknown authors.

40 years after he died. Who told you that?

Jesus existence relies only on the opinion of historians. No direct evidence like those of others at all. You can't even compare.
Show me the evidence. Where is the evidence that points to Jesus directly not based on opinion of scholars? Where is it?

What opinions? Historians have sources and fact check their information. Do you think we got empirical evidence for everything Josephus or Tacitus wrote, no what we got is highly accurate and reliable information in their historical writings.

Ogbeni, where is the irrefutable evidence that the creator of the universe came into the world and killed himself for mankind 2000 years ago? Where is it? Is opinion and probability all you have?

How do i know if speaking to a real person and not a computer programmed by an atheist? Where is your irrefutable proof that you exist? How do you know you not in the matrix or a brain in a vat? Until then I can't take you seriously as you can't even provide me with irrefutable proof that you exist, yet you asking me to give you irrefutable proof that someone who lived in ancient judea 2000 years ago existed. grin
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Maamin(m): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

Where is the evidence to show that Jesus existed? By evidence I mean objective and irefutable evidence. We have irrefutable evidence to show that Pharoah that lived over 3000 years ago exist. Where is the irrefutable one for Jesus?

Lmao! So this picture is your evidence that Egyptian Pharaoh King Tut existed? cheesy

If I show you the movie "Passion of Christ" will you believe Jesus exist and once walked the earth too? grin
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 7:23am On Aug 30, 2018
Maamin:

Lmao! So this picture is your evidence that Egyptian Pharaoh King Tut existed? cheesy

If I show you the movie "Passion of Christ" will you believe Jesus exist and once walked the earth too? grin
this is why you are still a zombie. Who ever is wasting his time arguing with you is equally a fool
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2018
Stoning the devil is tantamount to looking for trouble if you ask me..

What offense did the devil really commit or commit against the people stoning him to warrant been stoned? I guessed non can answer that here...

Sincerely people should mind there business instead of going about looking for trouble...!!!

Peace..!!!
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Dalam0n: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2018
rekinomtla:

That's not irrefutable proof. grin You don't know for certain if that corpses is in fact that of a pharaoh. It could be the case that someone smuggled another corpse into that tomb thousands of years ago and led people to believe that was actually the body of a Pharoah. Therefore that's just your opinion since you not absolutely certain.

The corpse could be dated, we have reliable dating mechamism and tools that can be employedto tell us the age of the corpse. These were used in this case. Not only did they come out acurate other test and pride revealed what he died of.

[

Open a book. We got numerous ancient historical sources that speak of Jesus. Ancient historians even, Josephus and Tacitus. In fact most of the stuff we know about the 1st century Jews comes for. Joesphus.

Open which book? Josephus only spoke about Jesus in a few sentences and those are still under dispute. Many scholars have stated that it is a forgery. Tacitus who write over 100 years after the allged death of Jesus only talked about Christians and their belief in Christ (he never mentioned Jesus's name) and Co clued that it was a supertition. This is not evidence at all. This is only hear say. Josephus is highly disputed as a forgery, Tacitus did not mention Jesus name as a person only Christ and Christians that believe in him and called it a superstition.

We don't got any of that for millions of people that lived during Jesus time. All those buildings, burial chambers, images etc. means nothing without ancient writings. Luckily of the ancient documents that have survived that we would expect to mention Jesus if he was truly a historical person do mention him.

So the creator of the universe came down to earth and he has no evidence at all to show that he existed apart from ancient writings and opinion of others? Which ancient documents that you expect to mention Jesus mentioned him? What did these documents say about him? No burst, no image, no surviving writings from himself, only opinions of other and other fradulent writings. So much for the creator of the universe coming to earth to have himself killed. The only evidence is empty opinions and counter opinions of ancient people. Nice one.

You honestly make it sound like you expected people to take out their galaxy s9 and record Jesus. Otherwise their writings are just "opinions" grin

The allege creator of the universe came to the earth to have himself killed and spread his very important message of salvation to humans and all we have as evidence is he said, she said disjointed and contradictory stories written on scrolls and opinions? Very interesting.

40 years after he died. Who told you that?

Which is the first gospel and when was it written? Even the writings of Paul that predate the gospels were written over 20 years after Jesus allegedly died. Tacitus, Josephus etc all wrote decades after Jesus allegedly died. Not a single word about him from writers that lived during his time.

What opinions? Historians have sources and fact check their information. Do you think we got empirical evidence for everything Josephus or Tacitus wrote, no what we got is highly accurate and reliable information in their historical writings.

They are opinions. Because thereally is hardly any concensus about anything with regards to Jesus or how he lived his life among historians. Again, the creatorof the universe came to kill himself so that he can save humans and the evidence for this is he she she said ancient tales that have no irrefutable evidence?

How do i know if speaking to a real person and not a computer programmed by an atheist? Where is your irrefutable proof that you exist? How do you know you not in the matrix or a brain in a vat? Until then I can't take you seriously as you can't even provide me with irrefutable proof that you exist, yet you asking me to give you irrefutable proof that someone who lived in ancient judea 2000 years ago existed. grin

I am not asking you to give me any proof because you have none. You only have belief in empty opinions and assertions of others. What am saying is that if the alleged creator of the universe truly came down to have himself killed as a sacrifice to himself so that humans will be saved from whatever it is you guys claim he came to save humans from and to establish a personal relationship with them, there will be irrefutable evidence for that, not the nonsense he said she said you are trying to show me. You believe in made up tales and mythology and that is all. You can dhow.me any evidence of proof because you have none, all you have are just stories and opinions of others because your religion like everything is is made up tales, fiction and opinions of others as such you can not show anything to be true or factual on its on about your beliefs without giving me the opinion of others. If your God exist as advertised, it will not rely on you to make any case for it. It will do it itself. You are trying to make a case for your God ONLY because it lives inside your head and no where else.
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 8:44am On Aug 30, 2018
Dalam0n:

The corpse could be dated, we have reliable dating mechamism and tools that can be employedto tell us the age of the corpse. These were used in this case. Not only did they come out acurate other test and pride revealed what he died of.

Open which book? Josephus only spoke about Jesus in a few sentences and those are still under dispute. Many scholars have stated that it is a forgery. Tacitus who write over 100 years after the allged death of Jesus only talked about Christians and their belief in Christ (he never mentioned Jesus's name) and Co clued that it was a supertition. This is not evidence at all. This is only hear say. Josephus is highly disputed as a forgery, Tacitus did not mention Jesus name as a person only Christ and Christians that believe in him and called it a superstition.

So the creator of the universe came down to earth and he has no evidence at all to show that he existed apart from ancient writings and opinion of others? Which ancient documents that you expect to mention Jesus mentioned him? What did these documents say about him? No burst, no image, no surviving writings from himself, only opinions of other and other fradulent writings. So much for the creator of the universe coming to earth to have himself killed. The only evidence is empty opinions and counter opinions of ancient people. Nice one.

The allege creator of the universe came to the earth to have himself killed and spread his very important message of salvation to humans and all we have as evidence is he said, she said disjointed and contradictory stories written on scrolls and opinions? Very interesting.

Which is the first gospel and when was it written? Even the writings of Paul that predate the gospels were written over 20 years after Jesus allegedly died. Tacitus, Josephus etc all wrote decades after Jesus allegedly died. Not a single word about him from writers that lived during his time.

They are opinions. Because thereally is hardly any concensus about anything with regards to Jesus or how he lived his life among historians. Again, the creatorof the universe came to kill himself so that he can save humans and the evidence for this is he she she said ancient tales that have no irrefutable evidence?

I am not asking you to give me any proof because you have none. You only have belief in empty opinions and assertions of others. What am saying is that if the alleged creator of the universe truly came down to have himself killed as a sacrifice to himself so that humans will be saved from whatever it is you guys claim he came to save humans from and to establish a personal relationship with them, there will be irrefutable evidence for that, not the nonsense he said she said you are trying to show me. You believe in made up tales and mythology and that is all. You can dhow.me any evidence of proof because you have none, all you have are just stories and opinions of others because your religion like everything is is made up tales, fiction and opinions of others as such you can not show anything to be true or factual on its on about your beliefs without giving me the opinion of others. If your God exist as advertised, it will not rely on you to make any case for it. It will do it itself. You are trying to make a case for your God ONLY because it lives inside your head and no where else.
you are making a lot of sense. To imagine the scale of miracles claimed Jesus did, so much that it is claimed all the books on earth cant contain the volume of miracles he did. And yet we are scrambling for evidence. Nothing concrete for such a great man. Come on, at this point the whole jesus story is extremely questionable. You have raised very serious questions here. Perhaps you shld open a thread on this
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Dalam0n: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2018
HardMirror:
you are making a lot of sense. To imagine the scale of miracles claimed Jesus did, so much that it is claimed all the books on earth cant contain the volume of miracles he did. And yet we are scrambling for evidence. Nothing concrete for such a great man. Come on, at this point the whole jesus story is extremely questionable. You have raised very serious questions here. Perhaps you shld open a thread on this

They keep making very empty claims all the time. According to the nonsense written inside the bible, Jesus did so much wonders that all the book on earth can not contain it, but the only evidence we have for this so many wonders is no evidence but very empty stories. This guys keep telling us that we are crazy. If not crazy people why should you keep accepting stories that keep insulting you.
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Maamin(m): 9:50am On Aug 30, 2018
HardMirror:
this is why you are still a zombie. Who ever is wasting his time arguing with you is equally a fool

Awwww! You did not get it, do you?. grin

"The foolish things God use to confound the wise."
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2018
Maamin:

Awwww! You did not get it, do you?. grin

"The foolish things God use to confound the wise."
keep peddling foolishness with pride as long as it makes you a child of god
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Maamin(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2018
HardMirror:
keep peddling foolishness with pride as long as it makes you a child of god

Lol, HardMirror my man, "there is a way that seems right to a man but the end thereof is destruction."

The funny thing is how you guys spend so much time fighting something that is non-existence grin
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by frank317: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2018
adetoro436:
The OP is madd and he should also be stoned. tunda fire that ur black forehead. a decendant of a paedophile and dirty bearded terror4st.

Are u OK? What's ur problem? Are u from an abusive home?
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ignore him
frank317:

Are u OK? What's ur problem? Are u from an abusive home?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Encounter The God Of Signs & Wonders With Bishop Francis Wale Oke / The Secret Rapture Notion Is Unbiblical! / How Can A Business Man Calculate His Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.