Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. (3015 Views)

Christians ,atheists And Freemen Save Your Souls From Hell Fire By Doing This, / Did JESUS CHRIST Live? Muslims, Christians, Atheists Rub Minds / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2018
With sincerity and delight i want to congratulate my dear muslim brothers and sisters. Home and abroad for another Eid Allah as granted us to be part of. Eid Mubarak!

And to our noble brethren in far away Meccah who are on hajj. May allah count it as ibahdah for them.

Hajj is a time to be tuned with Almighty Allah. And one of the rites is the popular stoning of the devil.

it is heart breaking and sad to see christians, atheists and unbelievers, infidels if you choose to call them that,... all laughing at the millions of faithfuls that are caring out this sacred act of pelting the devil with pebbles.
This is no joking matter. This is a serious act which calls for our solemn reflection and thoughts.

Many among those stoning the devil are DOCTORS, LAWYERS, SCIENTISTS, PROFFESORS, intellectuals, leaders, oldmen and women!

This should be a lesson that stvpidity has no age limit or profession or any boundaries.

Anyone can be fooolish.

This is an act that should instead remind us that majority are not always right. That you have christian scientists that believe in the rubbish in the bible, does not mean they are right.

Logic and only logic can save humanity from the fooolishness that comes with religion.

Think about this.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by nellyelitz(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2018
The OP is madd and he should also be stoned. tunda fire that ur black forehead. a decendant of a paedophile and dirty bearded terror4st.

1 Like

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2018
nellyelitz:
The OP is madd and he should also be stoned. tunda fire that ur black forehead. a decendant of a paedophile and dirty bearded terror4st.
lolz!! Dont mind him. He is mad

5 Likes

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Gggg102(m): 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
nellyelitz:

why don't people actually read

13 Likes

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gggg102:

why don't people actually read
lol! He thinks i am a muslim.

8 Likes

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Gggg102(m): 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2018
HardMirror:
lol! He thinks i am a muslim.

the op isn't even long.

Nigeria has a big problem on her hands if this is how citizens act.

9 Likes

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Gggg102(m): 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
HardMirror:
With sincerity and delight i want to congratulate my dear muslim brothers and sisters. Home and abroad for another Eid Allah as granted us to be part of. Eid Mubarak!

And to our noble brethren in far away Meccah who are on hajj. May allah count it as ibahdah for them.

Hajj is a time to be tuned with Almighty Allah. And one of the rites is the popular stoning of the devil.

it is heart breaking and sad to see christians, atheists and unbelievers, infidels if you choose to call them that,... all laughing at the millions of faithfuls that are caring out this sacred act of pelting the devil with pebbles.
This is no joking matter. This is a serious act which calls for our solemn reflection and thoughts.

Many among those stoning the devil are DOCTORS, LAWYERS, SCIENTISTS, PROFFESORS, intellectuals, leaders, oldmen and women!

This should be a lesson that stvpidity has no age limit or profession or any boundaries.

Anyone can be fooolish.

This is an act that should instead remind us that majority are not always right. That you have christian scientists that believe in the rubbish in the bible, does not mean they are right.

Logic and only logic can save humanity from the fooolishness that comes with religion.

Think about this.

this is a point I like making. people are intelligent irrespective of religious beliefs.
no single group have monopoly on science/knowledge.
religious beliefs is a different issue on its own.
anybody thinking being intelligent is a function of belief is acting blind.

3 Likes

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Rilwayne001: 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2018
HardMirror:
With sincerity and delight i want to congratulate my dear muslim brothers and sisters. Home and abroad for another Eid Allah as granted us to be part of. Eid Mubarak!And to our noble brethren in far away Meccah who are on hajj. May allah count it as ibahdah for them. Hajj is a time to be tuned with Almighty Allah. And one of the rites is the popular stoning of the devil. it is heart breaking and sad to see christians, atheists and unbelievers, infidels if you choose to call them that,... all laughing at the millions of faithfuls that are caring out this sacred act of pelting the devil with pebbles. This is no joking matter. This is a serious act which calls for our solemn reflection and thoughts.Many among those stoning the devil are DOCTORS, LAWYERS, SCIENTISTS, PROFFESORS, intellectuals, leaders, oldmen and women! This should be a lesson that stvpidity has no age limit or profession or any boundaries. Anyone can be fooolish. This is an act that should instead remind us that majority are not always right. That you have christian scientists that believe in the rubbish in the bible, does not mean they are right. Logic and only logic can save humanity from the fooolishness that comes with religion. Think about this.

What most of you fools don't know is that this act of stoning the devil is not really meant to mean that devil is tied down at that particular place and people start stoning at it, rather it is parts of rite which anyone going for Hajj is obligated to do. It has historical background of which the significance hails from Prophet Ibraheem when the devil appeared to him three times. At each of the appearances, Angel Jibril told Prophet Ibrahim to pelt the devil. Thus, the basis of the significance of the ritual.
All three pillars represent the devil: the first and largest represents his temptation of Abraham against sacrificing Ishmael (Ismāʿīl); the second represents the temptation of Abraham's wife hājar induce her to stop him; the third represents his temptation of Ishmael to avoid being sacrificed. He was rebuked each time, and the throwing of the stones symbolizes those rebukes. It serves as nothing but rememberance of how the faithful men of the past showed faith in God just so we can learn from them too.
The stoning of the pillars also represents the repudiation of man's self and the act of casting aside one's low desires and wishes.

All these you fools don't ever bother to know, and you come shouting logic on what you have no iota of understanding. Where's the logic in the nonsense you posted now? If you don't know something, isn't it better to try to know instead of coming up with illogical assumptions?
See, you cant apply your understanding of Christianity and Bible to the Islam, the two are totally different.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2018
Rilwayne001:

What most of you fools don't know is that this act of stoning the devil is not really meant to mean that devil is tied down at that particular place and people start stoning at it, rather it is parts of rite which anyone going for Hajj is obligated to do. It has historical background of which the significance hails from Prophet Ibraheem when the devil appeared to him three times. At each of the appearances, Angel Jibril told Prophet Ibrahim to pelt the devil. Thus, the basis of the significance of the ritual.
All three pillars represent the devil: the first and largest represents his temptation of Abraham against sacrificing Ishmael (Ismāʿīl); the second represents the temptation of Abraham's wife hājar induce her to stop him; the third represents his temptation of Ishmael to avoid being sacrificed. He was rebuked each time, and the throwing of the stones symbolizes those rebukes. It serves as nothing but rememberance of how the faithful men of the past showed faith in God just so we can learn from them too.
The stoning of the pillars also represents the repudiation of man's self and the act of casting aside one's low desires and wishes.

All these you fools don't ever bother to know, and you come shouting logic on what you have no iota of understanding. Where's the logic in the nonsense you posted now? If you don't know something, isn't it better to try to know instead of coming up with illogical assumptions?
See, you cant apply your understanding of Christianity and Bible to the Islam, the two are totally different.
lol! Indeed! We fools know nothing

4 Likes

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by CAPSLOCKED: 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
HardMirror:

Anyone can be fooolish.

BETTER THAN THE CANNIBALS THAT DRINK WINE AND EAT CRACKERS AS THE BLOOD AND BODY OF JESUS EVERY SUNDAY.

JUST KILL ME.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

BETTER THAN THE CANNIBALS THAT DRINK WINE AND EAT CRACKERS AS THE BLOOD AND BODY OF JESUS EVERY SUNDAY.

JUST KILL ME.
they all claim it is just symbolic. Lolz! wink

2 Likes

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by CAPSLOCKED: 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2018
HardMirror:
they all claim it is just symbolic. Lolz! wink

Anyone can be fooolish.

THAT'S THE QUOTE THAT IS KILLING ME. grin YOU BAD.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Martinez19(m): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2018
HardMirror:

Anyone can be fooolish.

Think about this.
lol. This is one of the reasons I don't let my guard down with experts. I don't take there words for it, I give every claim it's own share of investigation because now and in the past, experts have goofed big time. This validate a law of stupidity "stupidity is independent of any other characteristics of the individual." eg. One can be stupid and be a certified professional. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, a physician and author of Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories, believed in fairies and spiritual stuffs. grin

Prof. Ben Carson, a prominent paediatric neurosurgeon, doesn't believe in evolution and is a christian. There are many "intellectuals" that believe in ridiculous garbages eg. Francis Collins. grin

3 Likes

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Dantedasz(m): 11:36am On Aug 23, 2018
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by CoolUsername: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2018
nellyelitz:

Wait, OP is a descendant of Mohammed?

1 Like

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by rekinomtla(m): 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2018
Martinez19:
lol. This is one of the reasons I don't let my guard down with experts. I don't take there words for it, I give every claim it's own share of investigation because now and in the past, experts have goofed big time. This validate a law of stupidity "stupidity is independent of any other characteristics of the individual." eg. One can be stupid and be a certified professional. Sir ,Arthur Conan Doyle a physician and author of Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories, believed in fairies and spiritual stuffs. grin

Prof. Ben Carson, a prominent paediatric neurosurgeon, doesn't believe in evolution and is a christian. There are many "intellectuals" that believe in ridiculous garbages eg. Francis Collins. grin

You forgot to give any examples of so called intellectuals who indentify as atheists. People such as evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins, who believes the universe literally came from nothing. And Dan Barker who believes cars can turn into airplanes via natural selection and stresses that this is "science". Former professor of chemistry, Dr. Peter Atkins believes nothing exists. Unemployed historian Richard Carrier thinks Jesus didn't exist. There are many atheist "intellectuals" that believe in ridiculous garbages eg. Robert Price
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by nellyelitz(m): 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2018
CoolUsername:

Wait, OP is a descendant of Mohammed?
your guess is good as mine
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by bobowaja(m): 4:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
rekinomtla:

You forgot to give any examples of so called intellectuals who indentify as atheists. People such as evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins, who believes the universe literally came from nothing. And Dan Barker who believes cars can turn into airplanes via natural selection and stresses that this is "science". Former professor of chemistry, Dr. Peter Atkins believes nothing exists. Unemployed historian Richard Carrier thinks Jesus didn't exist. There are many atheist "intellectuals" that believe in ridiculous garbages eg. Robert Price
You guys are still saying the same thing..... Which is, stvpidity has no profession. One just have to be analytical and not accept things under the fallacy of authority.

1 Like

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2018
bobowaja:

You guys are still saying the same thing..... Which is, stvpidity has no profession. One just have to be analytical and not accept things under the fallacy of authority.
exactly!

1 Like

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by rekinomtla(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
bobowaja:

I completely agree that's why mentioned those "intellectuals" as I often come across atheists who commit the fallacy of authority.
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
HardMirror:

Anyone can be fooolish.

[s]
Logic and only logic can save humanity from the fooolishness that comes with religion.[/s]

Think about this.
Until when your logic start explaining what happened before big bang ,I will take you serious

1 Like

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
Rilwayne001:

These must be a joke !
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
Martinez19:
lol. This is one of the reasons I don't let my guard down with experts. I don't take there words for it, I give every claim it's own share of investigation because now and in the past, experts have goofed big time. This validate a law of stupidity "stupidity is independent of any other characteristics of the individual." eg. One can be stupid and be a certified professional. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, a physician and author of Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories, believed in fairies and spiritual stuffs. grin

[s] Prof. Ben Carson, a prominent paediatric neurosurgeon, doesn't q in evolution and is a christian. There are many "intellectuals" that believe in ridiculous garbages eg. Francis Collin[/s]s. grin
Once someone don't subscribe to your view about life,the people are mentally not there...
I want to ask you a question ,
With your great knowledge & understanding,what have YOU produced to make the world a better place if that's your only hope ?
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
rekinomtla:

You dey mind him....
They are actually the most miserable of all men .
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
HardMirror:
exactly!
Hardmirror,I have some questions for you.In fact,I want to open a whole thread about it,can I do that?
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by hopefulLandlord: 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
raptex:
Hardmirror,I have some questions for you.In fact,I want to open a whole thread about it,can I do that?

I'll speak for him

please do
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'll speak for him
please do
let him reply first
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by NPComplete: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
HardMirror:

Anyone can be fooolish.

Think about this.

Guy u no be good person at all. LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Dalamama: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rilwayne001:

This ritual has no historical back ground. It's only Arabic tales by noon light stories. Prophet Ibrahim, bla bla bla is Arabic folklore.

1 Like

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by Dalamama: 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
rekinomtla:

Where is the evidence to show that Jesus existed? By evidence I mean objective and irefutable evidence. We have irrefutable evidence to show that Pharoah that lived over 3000 years ago exist. Where is the irrefutable one for Jesus?

3 Likes

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by budaatum: 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Thank you Rilwayne. You saved me from having to bother.

The same process applies when Christians receive communion. It is not so much that the wine and wafer turn into the blood and flesh of Christ, but a process symbolising the acceptance of the teachings imparted by the numerous sermons one hears that are meant to make people better human beings.

Hey, hard, oh but for the grace of ....... go you. Or perhaps deep in my heart I might still be holding grudges. Sad me!

People who have no devil to stone or already know it all should have compassion for those struggling at the lower rungs of existence (except for the fools who literally believe the devil is waiting in Mecca to be stoned, of course, and the cannibals!)

Rilwayne001:

2 Likes

Re: Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. by HardMirror(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
raptex:
please go ahead and mention me when you do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women On Men Wears. / Does TIME Determine LIFE Or LIFE Determines Time? / Women Need To Throw Away The Shackles Of Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.