Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,725 members, 7,862,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:53 PM

Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? (14332 Views)

Simi, Others Gift Money To Wife Who Appreciated Her Husband's Christmas Chicken / Why Are Fathers Neglected Why Mothers Are Remembered / Folorunsho Alakija Appreciated For Helping Baby With Hole In His Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by bitbillionaire: 12:37am On Aug 23, 2018
The fathers are to blame sometimes but never underestimate mother's mysterious power for brainwashing, emotionally manipulating, and conditioning the mind of the children to see the mother in better light than the father.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by jojothaiv(m): 1:47am On Aug 23, 2018
Dad is a great man,
Who stays back after church just to shake hands,
He said, his boy is gonna be a great man
And his friends scream Amen!
Caleb Iboro
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by jojothaiv(m): 1:49am On Aug 23, 2018
Chubhie:
In the word's of Don Vito Corleone, A man who doesn't spend time with his family cannot be a real man.

A man must put solid structures in place before venturing into starting a family and leave nothing to chance.

Our ancestors back then used to have lots of farmlands and animals to sustain their families and have little or no business waking up by 4am for work and returning by 11pm.

In today's world, A man that wants to start a family must have interests and controls that gives him the flexibility of time to enjoy moments with his family.

I believe that the quality of children been shipped out to society would be enhanced if more Fathers spend quality time with their very creation.
Now I understand Hov Family Feud..

"A man that can't take care of his family can't be rich"

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by KhadyM(f): 6:26am On Aug 23, 2018
I think its just their mentality in general, that nurturing a child is the mothers job, while his is to provide. The average man just wants to come home from a day of work and just relax. Mothers on the other hand create a bond with her children right even before birth. Its the little things like bathing your child while they are young that create a bond. Most African men think that bathing their little girls is a taboo.
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Alwaysking: 6:45am On Aug 23, 2018
zinnyzee:
Because after everything, they cannot open their nyansh and born children
I hope you have not started having sex
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 23, 2018
ekems2017:
Children are not blind to see that mothers are always there. Who stays awake at night with the child? Who sleeps in the hospital with the child? Who removes the best cloth from the bottom of the box, sell and give the money to the child to cater for the need at that time? Who goes extra mile to provide food? Who stays awake to pray for the child to mention but a few?
My dear fathers love their children but a mothers love can never be measured with that of a father. Even you op you know.
wat are you saying? If the dad stays in the hospital wit dem, who pays the bills?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Dearlord(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2018
In Buhari voice this is hate speech and corruption
I love my Mom
I love my Dad
I love them both.
If you hates yours, that is your business not mine.
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 23, 2018
Alwaysking:
I hope you have not started having sex
Ewww embarassed embarassed

What's that
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Lumig: 7:46am On Aug 23, 2018
bizza45:

I have seen it. my aunt does it very well... she will gather all her kids and start telling them what their father did to her b4 marriage... if man cums back d kids go dey look am one kin eye
... This is simply WITCHCRAFT by some of our women. WICKEDNESS of the highest order... It's time for all young people to terminate this manipulative tendencies from our mothers against our fathers. Don't believe everything you are told, even if it is true, what's the essence of forgiveness
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by grrr: 7:49am On Aug 23, 2018
ekems2017:
Children are not blind to see that mothers are always there. Who stays awake at night with the child? Who sleeps in the hospital with the child? Who removes the best cloth from the bottom of the box, sell and give the money to the child to cater for the need at that time? Who goes extra mile to provide food? Who stays awake to pray for the child to mention but a few?
My dear fathers love their children but a mothers love can never be measured with that of a father. Even you op you know.
but who provided the money for it all?. Who works his ass off to get bills paid? Who works to put food on the table?
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Lumig: 7:54am On Aug 23, 2018
bitbillionaire:
The fathers are to blame sometimes but never underestimate mother's mysterious power for brainwashing, emotionally manipulating, and conditioning the mind of the children to see the mother in better light than the father.
I term it witchcraft!
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by safarigirl(f): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2018
Breadwinners of which family?

You people should stop peddling talk from the 19th century. In 2018, women provide as much as men if not more at times, so fathers need to update themselves on their roles. Bringing money is no longer enough excuse to abandon your children all day and only return when their mothers have done all the hard work, after all, the work wey the man dey go pass the one wey woman dey go?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by divinelove(m): 8:39am On Aug 23, 2018
most dad's are bosses they are autocratic and authoritative always n scares children away.

u need to see the difference between when the father is around and when he is not around.
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Alwaysking: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2018
zinnyzee:
What's that
What is ewwwwwww?

the same thing you do every day and moan like a she goat cheesy
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Alwaysking: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2018
zinnyzee:
What's that
What is ewwwwwww?

Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 23, 2018
Alwaysking:
What is ewwwwwww?

Lolz grin grin

Me i don't know what you're talking about o
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Alwaysking: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2018
zinnyzee:
Lolz grin grin
Me i don't know what you're talking about o
Keep lying you hear
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by frozen70(f): 10:32am On Aug 23, 2018
Mustiboy:
A father is the breadwinner of the family. He wakes up for work while the rest of the family are still fast asleep and comes back late at night when they must have gone to bed. All this he does to put food on the table for his family. Then why do the children get to shower him little or no love at all? The answer to this question may vary according to individual perspective.

As the child grows up, it gets emotionally connected to the one who is always around- the mother. Children tend to forget someone whom they don’t always see, or at worst, feel insecure with his/her presence. Does this explain the under-appreciation of fathers? Not entirely. Another point of view to this issue is the African mothers. You may ask what the mother has got to do with this, well, it’s quite simple: the African mother has a way of presenting the father in a non-pleasant way to the children. Let’s take this scenario as a case study : the children of John, who is away at work, come back from school and tell their mother they need money to buy the items needed for their forthcoming practicals in school. The mother tell God will provide, as it is the way of Africans. Later in the night, when the father has arrived from work tired and exhausted, she tells him, while in bed, about the need of the children and the husband provides as it is his responsibility. The mother then gives the children what they need and never tells them where the money came from. With this, the children feel safe confiding in their mother for their financial needs because they believe she is the one providing for them.

Fathers have a lot of work to do in registering their presence in their respective families. It is never enough to be there financially, the children need more of love and support. The mother also has a crucial role to play in helping the child appreciate the father. She needs to explain to the child why the father cannot always be around and make it understand that it cares. The father, on the other hand, should try to build a subtle relationship with the children and not to be too dictational and fierce with the children in order not to scare them away. As a father, make your children know you love them, take them out on vacations, pay attention to them, and most essentially, keep contact with them when you’re around and when you’re not. The child needs you to be at your best, dad!

Why do you think fathers are under-appreciated?

Let me pick my responds from your points

Father's are greatly appreciated and recognised but its always in a sillent ways

That fathers wakes up early and go to work while the family are still sleeping doesn't means that mothers sleeps all days
In a situation where the mother is a home maker, do you exothermic father to come home and see everywhere scattered, dirty and the children looking unkpet.
I am sure you don't expect that, it's because mothers handles that aspect

Have you ever stayed at home during school holidays and see how this children makes you to keep taking from morning till they go to bed at night
Have you wandered why they make you talk and develop headache during their holidays
It's because they have so much energy and they exact it through activities which involves noise making, fighting one another and shouting on top of their voice, it's because they have so much energy
Who handles all this wahala I have mentioned, mother's, and if she doesn't acknowledge or control their activities there will be domestic accidents

Children are closer to mothers because nature made them to carry their babies for 9 months before delivery
That alone has bound children with their mother's and she understands every child more than everyone

Fathers most times are too strict for their children, in situations like that the children will prefer their mothers who will give them listening ears and understand what it's all about

In a family settings where there is love and happiness between the parents, you will always see their mothers telling the children to pray for daddy for god to bless him.

Children always read the relay both parents
If a father so my love their mothers, they observe and appreciate but they don't see them expressing love to themselves (parents) the children will rather be closer to mothers because their dady is harsh

A father does have to be the one to give his child money directly to prove to the child that he is the one that provided if he does so, the mother's will still find a way to manipulate the children that he is not carrying

Lastly my best option is for fathers to show and prove love to them all expecially their mothers, she will be the one to present their fathers to them that he is a wonderful father.

Once the children starts growing till they marry and start their own family
They will always regards their mothers more than their fathers nature has made it so

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Ayauche(f): 11:02am On Aug 23, 2018
ekems2017:

You have said it all. Especially if a baby girl grows up, get married and give birth to her own child then she will see vividly what mothers are worth. Its not easy to be a mother.
Dads are really trying ooo but cant measure up to mamas

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by frozen70(f): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2018
grrr:
but who provided the money for it all?. Who works his ass off to get bills paid? Who works to put food on the table?

So you think it's only fathers that does that alone

Will you swear that you have never seen a home where their mother is a breed winner and still perform the task of a mother

Tell me such home does the man have value and love before their
children more than their mother

So in this case who will the children love more

For your information this is what is happening presently in most homes.
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Ugosample(m): 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
bizza45:
fathers are really under-appreciated I know that but children tends to draw close to their mum cos they see her everyday and everytime and also women sabi change d mind of her pikin. she paints herself good and d man bad..

that's true tho

damaging the reputation of father to the kids is the favourite past time of a lot of women, especially the ones thst they have an axe to grind with

men hardly behave in similar fashion

it's terrible
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Ugosample(m): 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2018
bizza45:

I have seen it. my aunt does it very well... she will gather all her kids and start telling them what their father did to her b4 marriage... if man cums back d kids go dey look am one kin eye

I know three aunties that used to do same back in the day
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by lielbree: 3:46am On Aug 25, 2018
Elder001:

I was actually joking.. Anyways lots of women work in Nigeria but that's not the problem, the problem is they don't contribute financially to the running of the home.

Why would I say women don't work? My wife has a job so I wouldn't say that.

You should've understood what I meant earlier.
UN study showed that 70% of married women contribute more of their earning to their families than men.

The reason fathers are not appreciated is infidelity. That's the only truth. Any man who loves and is faithful to his marriage will be appreciated and honoured by His entire family.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by revolt(m): 7:01am On Aug 25, 2018
This is truth. But let's understand one thing here. Fathers will nvr b able to play mother role. The mother nurtures, the father prepared you for life's journey. If the father doesnt play that role and tries to be like a mum so hell be appreciated the child will be dysfunctional. There should be a balance by both men and women. Truth is the mother nurtures and decides how they'll treat the father. What you forgot to state Is, fathers (If they live long enough)finally get appreciated when the kids grow up. Only a child with no responsibility keeps underappreciating the father. When you mount your own saddle then you realise father was actually the gift. Unfortunately most of them would have worn themselves out trying to cater for us and died earlier than the mums. So its usually post humous love they get.
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by revolt(m): 7:03am On Aug 25, 2018
frozen70:

So you think it's only fathers that does that alone

Will you swear that you have never seen a home where their mother is a breed winner and still perform the task of a mother

Tell me such home does the man have value and love before their
children more than their mother

So in this case who will the children love more

For your information this is what is happening presently in most homes.
please stastically homes like this arent in the majority so it's jes a minority ure talking bout. Rare cases and were almost certain the home either wouldn't last or the man is relegated to slave status evn by his kids.
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by revolt(m): 7:13am On Aug 25, 2018
Ayauche:

You have said it all. Especially if a baby girl grows up, get married and give birth to her own child then she will see vividly what mothers are worth. Its not easy to be a mother.
Dads are really trying ooo but cant measure up to mamas
this where you chics get it wrong. Fron age 0 to 7 a child might love the nurture from 9 till 25... the child needs preparation for life. This is where the fathers presence is strongly needed. So how you ppl mke comparisons beats me. The reason single mothers(most of them)raise dysfuctional kids is because they start trying too late to prep the child for life so at 14 theyre still treating the kids like infants then suddenly she starts trying to get them to do the right thing when its too late.....ofcos this is met with serious rebellion and their relationship deteoriates ..the child becomes a social miscreant and looks for family outside in peer groups(negative most times).
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by peacengine(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2018
zinnydan:
I love my father and I really appreciate him

I know it's a female behind this Monika. Males will never say this. Na to born girl sure pass
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by peacengine(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2018
Chubhie:

No wonder some men elected to abandon both mother and children and take a walk.

Bro at the end, they will still forget u so what's the point?
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by peacengine(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2018
vickydevoka:
I Appreciate my dad more dan my mum anyday, my mum sabi give me headache

Na only woman go talk this one, sure
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by zinnydan(f): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2018
peacengine:

I know it's a female behind this Monika. Males will never say this. Na to born girl sure pass
I love my dad more than anything... Although he's late I still feel his presence in my everyday life
Re: Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? by Lush100(m): 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2019
revolt:
This is truth. But let's understand one thing here. Fathers will nvr b able to play mother role. The mother nurtures, the father prepared you for life's journey. If the father doesnt play that role and tries to be like a mum so hell be appreciated the child will be dysfunctional. There should be a balance by both men and women. Truth is the mother nurtures and decides how they'll treat the father. What you forgot to state Is, fathers (If they live long enough)finally get appreciated when the kids grow up. Only a child with no responsibility keeps underappreciating the father. When you mount your own saddle then you realise father was actually the gift. Unfortunately most of them would have worn themselves out trying to cater for us and died earlier than the mums. So its usually post humous love they get.

good note. thumbs up.
men handle a lot of financial responsibility.
women handle social and emotional responsibility.
both parents should always praise the other to their kids.(by conscious effort.)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘My Husband Calls Me Barren”, Woman Tells Court / Traditional And Church Wedding Wchich Is More Legal / Change Of Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.