Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP (24179 Views)

Akpabio Strikes Senate Presidency Deal With APC, 10 Lawmakers To Defect With Him / 2019: 3 PDP Governors To Defect To APC - Suleiman Ahmed Wambai / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Ecstasy154(m): 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
By Emma Amaize, Regional Editor, South-South

ASABA- FORMER Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Udaughan, has finally confirmed that he will dump the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, for the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Speaking on phone to Vanguard, Thursday evening, the former governor said there was pressure on him to come to APC, but it was not an affair of the National Chairman of APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

“The situation is more from the situation on ground in PDP and my political future. I am also looking at my political future and those of my followers. I have studied the political terrain and I believe the Delta should not be in opposition,” he said.

Asked if Comrade Oshiomhole had discussed his movement to APC with him, Uduaghan said: Yes, I am talking with Oshiomhole, we are discussing like old colleagues, it is not a pressure, he would wish that I come over, but I also told him that I have a leader, Chief James Onanefe Ibori and they should have a discussion with him.”

An APC chieftain, who spoke to Vanguard corroborated Uduaghan’s claim, saying: “Uduaghan and Oshiomhole are ex-governors and friends, so when the matter came up regarding

Uduaghan joining APC, he made it clear that he has a political leader, who is Chief James Ibori.”

His words: “He told Oshiomhole and those, who spoke to him to discuss with Ibori because as far as he is concerned, there is no competition between him (Oshiomhole) and Ibori over who is his political leader. Ibori is his leader and I do not think that Oshiomhole will contest that.”

The stalwart added: “There are a lot of issues and undercurrents regarding Uduaghan and his movement to APC, which will not be dragged to the media just now. We have to watch.”

Findings by Vanguard indicated that the former governor may in the next few days register as an APC member and pick the party’s senatorial ticket for a battle with Senator James Manager for the Delta South senatorial ticket.

He is also expected to work with other APC leaders in the state, including Chief Great Ogboru, who he defeated in the gubernatorial elections to deliver the state to APC in 2019.

Uduaghan’s new move after many thought that he had been pacified by Chief Ibori, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and others will certainly change political calculations in the state for 2019.

His decision to join APC has also enlivened many of his followers, who were taken aback at his initial resolution to stay back after some PDP leaders rushed to appeal to him.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/breaking-at-last-uduaghan-confirms-plan-to-dump-pdp-for-apc/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Akosxxx(m): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
While the children of hate are busy hating, APC is also busy gaining grounds in their territory. 2019 will shock them not just because Buhari is gonna win overall but he'll win massively in their backyard

91 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by abokibuhari: 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2018
What's his electoral value?

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by sarrki(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2018
abokibuhari:
What's his electoral value?

Minus 1 from the looters

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by abokibuhari: 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
sarrki:

Minus 1 from the looters
He's now a saint grin he has washed his ROBE white and can now dine with ANGELS

USELESS UNCOMMON APC

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by SageTravels: 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
What is he going to APC to Do?

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Desdola(m): 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
His popularity has dwindled. no big deal

11 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Abfinest007(m): 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
believe me his career has just ended.bcus delta state is a pdp state just as he said ibori is his leader and ibori control delta just lik saraki.there is no way ibori will pdp to apc

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by SageTravels: 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
sarrki:

Minus 1 from the looters

He is now a saint.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Omeokachie: 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
Survival instinct.

Not everyone can stand up to the tyrant. Some would rather join him to avoid unnecessary persecution.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by fk001(m): 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
Welcome on board Sir.

PDP will soon be dead and gone

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by gaby(m): 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
I'm not sure anyone would really care if you stayed put or moved. Thats how irrelevant you've become in the scheme of things.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
Getting stale now.

All we are saying is that we want a better Nigeria.

Sai Baba we know.
GOD BLESS PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by medoplus(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
Apc keeps getting the movers and shakers of Nigeria politics while pdp is busy acquiring those that have gone to political oblivion..

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by InTime(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
Nawa O, Kountinue Okay.
Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by oglalasioux(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
EFCC is the last resort for APC. Unfortunately those moving over to the party under duress will work for its downfall.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by sureheaven(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
James Ibori ntori olorun.... shocked shocked

Anyway when a sinner repents from his sins and come closer to the father, his sins shall be forgiven. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by jerryunit48: 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
Who is Uduaghan ? Oh that irrelevant ugly idiot who is of no value politically in Delta State let alone nation wide ... he can go to hell actually for all I care

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by neolboy(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
Abeg dey go

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Bolustical: 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
Uduaghan has little or no political value. A governor that could not win a Senatorial seat even as an incumbent.

I for one don't like all the past and present governors of Delta states, that state (with all the allocations)is one with a lot of potentials yet it is lagging behind in infrastructures. Delta should on a good day be in league with Lagos and Abuja.

However, welcome to APC. He should get Dariye's treatment.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by ifiokjohn(m): 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
Akosxxx:
While the children of hate are busy hating, APC is also busy gaining grounds in their territory. 2019 will shock them not just because Buhari is gonna win overall but he'll win massively in their backyard
be deceiving ur self...Thank God uduaghan said he has a leader and that leader is in pdp n a pdp member. so how then cn he go without his leader nod?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Butterflyle0: 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
The situation is more from the situation on ground in PDP and my political future. I am also looking at my political future and those of my followers. I have studied the political terrain and I believe the Delta should not be in opposition,” he said.

Long story short he knows APC is winning come 2019 so wants to take preventive measures and does not want delta to be in the Opposition after 2019 has been won by APC.

Wise man

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by UgwuAghachi: 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
When Uduaghan held a parade to welcome James Ibori from jail, APC zzZZz's were insulting him up and down. Now he has joined APC, he has now being christened as Saint James Ibori

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Beehshorp(m): 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
Relevant people go dey decamp from Apc to pdp while one politician who is politically dead and is no longer influential and also enjoying his loot would decamp from pdp to Apc and the zombies would think they are scoring political points... A Saraki in dss detention is better than 750 uduaghan

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
Same Uduaghan? Kikiki grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by ifymadu: 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
You have been under pressure to join APC and become a saint or be probed abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Daviddson(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
This is still not a confirmation yet. He says he's still considering joining. Wrong headlines.
90% of Nigerian conjecture news and so-called investigative reports, and "sources close to the President, governor, Senate president, etc say that..." - turn out to be fake at the end. grin Aside from Sahara Reporters and Premium Times.
Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by Memphis357(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
This Uduagan always dey remind me of that Tortoise wey dem dey show for Tales by Moonlight back in the day.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP by 9jaArea: 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
This guy should just stay where he is

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nine Slump At Atiku’s Rally In Kano (photos) / PDP Moves Convention To Adokiye Amasiemeka Stadium As Police Seals Shark Stadium / The Future Of Africa? Seven Times Ghana Has Beaten Nigeria To The Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.