Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,478 members, 7,770,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:32 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (292141 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by lilclin(m): 8:17am On Aug 26, 2018
johnson4nosa:
My Redmi note 4x battery is draining very fast what do I do
how old is the phone?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by vosquare: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2018
johnson4nosa:
When did you get the phone?
Do u use powerbank?
Do u use "I pass my neighbor" generator?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by fibonacci2526: 8:36am On Aug 26, 2018
lilclin:
I heard flashing twrp on redmi 5 plus wipes internal storage. How true is this? Want to root asap...no strength to backup

Yes because the phone is encrypted, you would have to format data which automatically erases all your data.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by pharmtasy(m): 8:51am On Aug 26, 2018
Una good morning o. I just dey read and assimilate
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by sanandreas(m): 9:23am On Aug 26, 2018
Nu3L:
Hello Everyone

please who has installed Miui10 on RNote5A prime, I have downloaded the rom on my Pc...i just want to know if there are any bugs before i upgrade..thanks

Have you root your phone? Did u install Gcam on yours? I use thesame phone with you.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by johnson4nosa(m): 11:20am On Aug 26, 2018
October will make it one year as for the gen I use big gen, for power bank I think i suspect it cus my power bank is not functioning well
vosquare:

When did you get the phone?
Do u use powerbank?
Do u use "I pass my neighbor" generator?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by johnson4nosa(m): 11:21am On Aug 26, 2018
October will make it one year
lilclin:
how old is the phone?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by EpicNigerian(m): 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hello guys

My windows 8.1 pc only charges my android phones, I can't transfer files from phone to pc and vice versa.

I also tried toggling the usb options on the android devices,but it doesn't move from "Charge only" to "File transfer" option on my phones.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by vosquare: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
johnson4nosa:
October will make it one year as for the gen I use big gen, for power bank I think i suspect it cus my power bank is not functioning well
I guess you have your answer
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by CuteMaro(m): 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
EpicNigerian:
Hello guys

My windows 8.1 pc only charges my android phones, I can't transfer files from phone to pc and vice versa.

I also tried toggling the usb options on the android devices,but it doesn't move from "Charge only" to "File transfer" option on my phones.

This mostly happens when the phone driver fails to properly install on the pc.

Here's what to do:

Try another usb, then another port on ur pc.

Optionally, you can use Xender connect to pc. It equally does the job.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
johnson4nosa:

Guess it is the power bank. By September, mine will be 1 year, i have never use power bank to charge my RN 4. but i OFTEN use i pass my neighbor generator. my BATTERY CAN LAST ME 24 HRS. 1 DAY PLUS some hours. wink wink wink
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by EpicNigerian(m): 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
CuteMaro:

This mostly happens when the phone driver fails to properly install on the pc.

Here's what to do:

Try another usb, then another port on ur pc.

Optionally, you can use Xender connect to pc. It equally does the job.

I have tried everything you stated,apart from connecting with the Xender part, and nothing still works.

BTW,all the usb cables for the various phones I tried including the one I use on my Redmi Note 4 were all working properly before I downgraded from Windows 10 to 8.1.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
johnson4nosa:

Download the latest update manually and flash
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
daamazing:
Page 2000 loading... Let's go there cool

grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by EpicNigerian(m): 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
GrandMufti:

Download the latest update manually and flash

I'm having the same issue with my RN4 MTK version since last year after either June or August update.

Even after several OTA updates the problem still persists.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
EpicNigerian:

I'm having the same issue with my RN4 MTK version since last year after either June or August update.

That's an issue with the processor, MTK.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Tommymoi(m): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
Pls I've been asking this question. Who knows how I can connect my modem for internet browsing via OTG. I've tried but my phone didn't recognize it. I use Redmi 5 Plus
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
EpicNigerian:

Order for a new battery.

You can backup reset
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
Gptech:

That's an issue with the processor, MTK.

Oh... didn't see this...d mtk version worry sha
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
GrandMufti:

Oh... didn't see this...d mtk version worry sha
One dey here dey worry person I buy for, I don order new battery for am, yet to fix am sha.

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2018
Tommymoi:
Pls I've been asking this question. Who knows how I can connect my modem for internet browsing via OTG. I've tried but my phone didn't recognize it. I use Redmi 5 Plus
Don't think this is meant to work, the modem cannot install it's drivers on your phone,its meant to work on pcs only. You know an interface always pop up on PC for you to connect your modem, that can't pop up on your phone because its an 'exe' file.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Tommymoi(m): 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
Gptech:

Don't think this is meant to work, the modem cannot install it's drivers on your phone,its meant to work on pcs only. You know an interface always pop up on PC for you to connect your modem, that can't pop up on your phone because its an 'exe' file.
I thought it's one of the features of otg enabled phones. I've seen people using their modem connected via OTG for internet and it would be possible for me to do same thing. I have 3 sim cards and one is specifically for internet and the other two for calls, and that explains why I had always wanted to use modem rather than inserting and removing my sim cards randomly.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Wagasigiungu(m): 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
honsule:
TWEAKING, MODDING, FLASHING ETC

what is the simple way to fix "Display Burn" "screen burn" or "Screen Retention" On Redmi Note 4 ?

Lolz. The Xiaomi touts don finally pursue ppl make dem open another sister thread wen the purpose of the former one has been defeated.

Abeg make una no dey post links to the other thread, wen ppl ask questions. It's better and easier to just copy the posts directly from there if the issue had been previously thrashed out in the past. This will help to create an archive dedicated to xiaomi nodding etc
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Wagasigiungu(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
honsule:
TWEAKING, MODDING, FLASHING ETC

what is the simple way to fix "Display Burn" "screen burn" or "Screen Retention" On Redmi Note 4 ?

As a teaser and to launch this new thread, why don't you create a detailed post that will address various possible How-to backup files, apps + data before tweaking or flashing roms eg Titanium Backup, using Adb, etc. This is the major reason most ppl feel discouraged to take that huge leap of faith.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
Gptech:

One dey here dey worry person I buy for, I don order new battery for am, yet to fix am sha.

cheesy
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
Wagasigiungu:

Lolz. The Xiaomi touts don finally pursue ppl make dem open another sister thread wen the purpose of the former one has been defeated.

Abeg make una no dey post links to the other thread, wen ppl ask questions. It's better and easier to just copy the posts directly from there if the issue had been previously thrashed out in the past. This will help to create an archive dedicated to xiaomi nodding etc

Don't say what you don't know
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by EpicNigerian(m): 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
GrandMufti:

Order for a new battery.

You can backup reset

Ordering battery was on my mind o, but there are several models of the batteries out there,so I'm a bit confused.

But I think the BN41 battery is for the RN4 MTK...or what do you think?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
EpicNigerian:

Ordering battery was on my mind o, but there are several models of the batteries out there,so I'm a bit confused.

But I think the BN41 battery is for the RN4 MTK...or what do you think?

I'm exactly sure .

You can chat up the seller. Tell him you need for the mtk variant
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by EpicNigerian(m): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
GrandMufti:

I'm exactly sure .

You can chat up the seller. Tell him you need for the mtk variant

Ok,when I'm ready I'll do that. Thanks

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
Tommymoi:
I thought it's one of the features of otg enabled phones. I've seen people using their modem connected via OTG for internet and it would be possible for me to do same thing. I have 3 sim cards and one is specifically for internet and the other two for calls, and that explains why I had always wanted to use modem rather than inserting and removing my sim cards randomly.
Am certain modems can't work on phones generally.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by CuteMaro(m): 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
I think a post should be made on general tweaking, modding & common problems to encounter and fixes..that way one can easily achieve d main purpose of this thread.

Also how to flash custom roms, unbrick d device for those that know how to. This will go a long way to help.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nu3L(m): 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
sanandreas:

Have you root your phone? Did u install Gcam on yours? I use thesame phone with you.

Yes i have rooted it and i also have Gcam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.