Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body (33819 Views)

Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
solomoneey:
GOSSIPLOUD.COM

Few days ago, a Nigerian doctor via his twitter handle, shared the story of how a husband connived with his doctor to remove his wife's womb because he doesn't want her to have more children. This happened in Festac town, Lagos.

According to the husband, himself and his wife agreed to have just three children but now they have five. After the birth of the 5th child, he connived with the doctor to remove her womb without her consent. He said he cannot see himself using condom to have sex with his wife. The wife has also stated previously that she doesn't like taking birth control pills because they make her bloated. Read story here.

This morning, the hosts of TVC's show, The View, discussed the issue and one of the presenters, Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her.

According to her, it is the culture that we practice. She stated that traditional weddings have been created to give the impression that a woman is being bought by a man.

https://gossiploud.com/2018/08/24/your-husband-has-the-right-to-do-whatever-he-wants-with-your-body-presenter-tope-mark-odigie/

Very stupid assertion
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by tiredoflife(m): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Nope, there are limits to what the husband can do ...having séx with his wife without her consent is rape.

In which country
Japan or Somalia angry
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
I disapproved of my wife's use of extensions on her hair and she didn't like it initially.

Today ,she is thanking me for it because her natural hair makes other women go green with envy.

God created women beautifully and differently with diversity in their shapes, shades and sizes. Unfortunately, our women feel they aren't beautiful until they wear plastic hair, dead women's hair and all manner of disgusting fibres.

They may not like certain decisions men take concerning them but most times, its for their own benefits.

This is Africa and we are patriarchal.
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by tiredoflife(m): 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
ednut1:
Bride price shud be scrapped. Its barbaric

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by nicason(m): 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
I watched the programme today I use to like Tope
But now I know she is a slave .

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by tech18: 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
Marriage is never equal to slavery

Wedding is never equal to selling of the bride to the groom

Although nowadays women are trying to turn wedding into a money making venture, traditionally and culturally marriage is never slavery.

Marriage has been defined as the legal union of a man and women to become husband and wife.

The wife has some rights over her husband likewise the husband over his wife.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by tiredoflife(m): 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
By law a woman is a property of her husband
Just like his furniture wink
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by ednut1(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2018
[quote author=tiredoflife post=70569482][/quote]since ur tired of life send ur akkant
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by walozanga(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2018
even in the case of anal sex? you must be stewpid.
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by BalogunIdowu(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Orla234:
Why didn't he have a Vasectomy instead

Now that's a selfish man.

"Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her".

Does he have a daughter yet, he'll know soon!

I strongly disagree with this.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by vRendoh(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Tope is talking about where she is from! Other tribes is not like that. We don't sell our daughters. Many men had had vasectomy without the knowledge of their wives. Yes...it is better you dont let her know otherwise it backfires on you. The 'woman' in your wife will tne next quarrlel mock and laugh at you to the whole world as a half man. So ...Doctors recommend you do your thing. The Husband na mumu if they planned 3 and now they are in 5. This story not true!

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2018
walozanga:
even in the case of anal sex? you must be stewpid.

some women like anal sex?
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Icecreamy: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
So she means he can even use her for rituals, since he has the right to do what ever he likes with her body. SMH

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Boss13: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
Orla234:
Why didn't he have a Vasectomy instead

Now that's a selfish man.

"Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her".

I strongly disagree with this.

That is African tradition. So being a colonalize cow. The Middle East and Asians still respect and practice their tradition. Africans what is your identity?
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by promise4wonders: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
the woman should have known before such act was done on her.marriage is the agreement between a husband and wife and not just husband alone.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Boss13: 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
promise4wonders:
the woman should have known before such act was done on her.marriage is the agreement between a husband and wife and not just husband alone.

Says who? If you say the law, I will ask you which law? Customary Law! Which Custom?

Africans we are losing our identity
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by SEONaijaExpert: 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
sunkky83:

What nonsense? What if d man wake up one day and says he doesn't want her anymore, what will be her faith? In this kind of world where men are becoming wicked everyday?

Read what you posted again, does it make sense?
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by calliope(f): 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
I unfollowed her on instagram immediately she made that statement. I'd have over looked it, if it came from morayo or jumoke not tope.

She's mad to have uttered such nonsense! Jeez, can't believe as exposed and well read tope is, she could make such blunder.. Kai! She just lost herself a fan.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Ashley86400: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
So can I give my husband a vasectomy. .since what's mine is his, what's his should be mine na?

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Ashley86400: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
So can I give my husband a surprise vasectomy without his knowledge. . .since what's mine is his, what's his should be mine na?
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by DJInfluence: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
So because am married to her means i should do whatever i want to her without her consent. Our thinking sometimes dey wow me.... The funny thing is this is even coming from a woman.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by chibnnodi: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
She is right! If not, what is the rationale behind BRIDE PRICE?
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by bixton(m): 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
solomoneey:
GOSSIPLOUD.COM

Few days ago, a Nigerian doctor via his twitter handle, shared the story of how a husband connived with his doctor to remove his wife's womb because he doesn't want her to have more children. This happened in Festac town, Lagos.

According to the husband, himself and his wife agreed to have just three children but now they have five. After the birth of the 5th child, he connived with the doctor to remove her womb without her consent. He said he cannot see himself using condom to have sex with his wife. The wife has also stated previously that she doesn't like taking birth control pills because they make her bloated. Read story here.

This morning, the hosts of TVC's show, The View, discussed the issue and one of the presenters, Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her.

According to her, it is the culture that we practice. She stated that traditional weddings have been created to give the impression that a woman is being bought by a man.

https://gossiploud.com/2018/08/24/your-husband-has-the-right-to-do-whatever-he-wants-with-your-body-presenter-tope-mark-odigie/

It's one thing to say a word but it'll be nice if you can explain better so people don't give it a different meaning.
No husband owns the body of his wife and does not have the right to do whatever he feels like to/with the body.
There's no tradition or even religion whatsover that says that. That only happens when we have people whose brain did not form well prior to birth due to lack of glucose and substantial oxygen to the brain.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
Boss13:

That is African tradition. So being a colonalize cow. The Middle East and Asians still respect and practice their tradition. Africans what is your identity?

Don't want to trade words as per that your civilised insult.

African identity that allows a man do what he pleases with his wife?

I'm sure you understand what this connotes. Like a man can beat up his wife, maim her, sexually abuse her, infringe on her God given rights... Just because he paid a "bride price"

C'mon man! This is 2018 not 1908.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 3:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
samzzycash:
Okay He can also drag you to the bedroom with your breast. Tie your breast to the selling and insert huge pipe into your kpomo.
you mean ceiling?
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by haykes(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
I want to buy Igbo girl
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by WavesOfGlory(m): 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
Newboss:
Sorry, in Nigeria, she doesn't!angry
The context here is Nigerian traditions angry

No Nigerian tradition outrightly allows u to remove ur wife's womb without her consent. The context of bought in our tradition means that u should value ur property... and not misuse it.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
sunkky83:

No big deal. Somewhere, sometime,someone will do same to your sisters and daughters. Then ,come back and say d same trash you are speaking now. Rubb!sh
I don't expect my sister to go to her new home and expect equal say with her husband! That's total BS!!
Atleast not after what my useless kinsmen made him pay.
If you want to fight for a cause, start from the root and stop displaying hypocrisy
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Jewelbaby01(f): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
What happens to human rights? Was she sold out to him as property? What kinda dick-heads are being bred in this country? Oh yeah, I think the Bible also stated that the wife owns her husband's body. She can as well go head and cut off his dick, shikena undecided

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Newboss(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2018
WavesOfGlory:

No Nigerian tradition outrightly allows u to remove ur wife's womb without her consent. The context of bought in our tradition means that u should value ur property... and not misuse it.
Well, misuse is relative. The owner of a property dictates what is misuse and what is not misuse. angry

My Rolls Royce phantom that I bought with £500,000 dares not talk of misuse angry
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by 5pecterGray(m): 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
Actually, No...He doesn’t have the right to do such..Only Uncivilized people think like this...

Woman Burnt By Fire While Helping Her Blind Husband In Benue (Viewers Discretion / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons / Nigerian Men Talk About Vasectomies