Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body (33814 Views)

Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Hillchild88(m): 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

whoever made that statement or agrees with it is mentally deranged.

Marriage is an agreement to live and help each other attain the highest possible goals in life not to mutilate one another

Stupid people!! Weird generation
why then is the man paying for it if it is an agreement
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by samzzycash(m): 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
you mean ceiling?
yeah didn't even saw that. Thanks.
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Newboss(m): 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
I remember when twins were being killed in the name of tradition.

You keep enjoying the good shít in the bullshît, but when shít gets real, you remember that it's actually bullshít. angry

Be the change you want! angry

Go ahead and block her again and again. But always remember, if it's bullshít, no matter how good some part of it tastes, it's still bullshît angry

Women, you are homo sapiens too. angry
Shun every tradition and religion that says you're homo mofo or homo cocksucka angry

But it comes at a price. angry
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by GAJIT: 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
WavesOfGlory:
2 way street.

She also has a right to do whatever she wants with her husband... including vasectomy.

Biblically speaking, you're on point. The woman's body belong to the man, and the man's body belongs to the woman.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by VictorEkwere: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
WavesOfGlory:
2 way street.

She also has a right to do whatever she wants with her husband... including vasectomy.
Hey! will u keep quite.
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by rayobaba(m): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
alterswerve:
Culturally.. Yes..

The stupid traditions.. That make a man spend his 5 years savings on the family of the girl he's about to marry..
As in en! If u can't afford d money, they wl later abuse u. And they wl stl want u to take care of their daughter as if na Ur cross. U wl be begging to price down. Av not experienced it but l just hate how they think they are helping u by u marrying their daughter.
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Nope, there are limits to what the husband can do ...having séx with his wife without her consent is rape.

Under your own law? Nigerian constitution doesn't recognize marital rape.

Go to any police station or court and say your husband raped you if people won't laugh at you, even your family members will laugh at you because the man own you he can't rape you.

A man own you in essence that he paid before marrying you so you can't deny him sex. TBH
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by WavesOfGlory(m): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
VictorEkwere:
Hey! will u keep *quite*.

I think u meant "quiet".

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Amberon1: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
Sense will not kill you. grin
WavesOfGlory:
2 way street.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by tolase220(m): 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
A woman has rights of life over her body, a man has no right to "kill" her in bits or whole. Chikena!!

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Kakesman: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
Gruesome!!! well this one pain who e pain sha... i don waka commot 4 hia
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by lalanice(f): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
Mtchwww!.....it's this doll woman again, making statements to get approval from men. She was also the one that said a man is doing you a favour by marrying you. Dummy

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by jaxxy(m): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
No he don’t. Ur husband is not ur God he’s just a man who can make mistakes and errors and some can be stupid.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

Read what you posted again, does it make sense?

To you ba?
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by lereinter(m): 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
do whatever he wants
bawo as how
hope the husband got daughters and sisters
cos of sex remove your wife womb without her consent in this vanity world

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by sweetilicious(f): 7:37am On Aug 25, 2018
mysteryman2014:

My sister I tire o.

What if morrow they separate, and the woman decides to have another child for her new hubby, what happens?

Such unilateral decision is condemnable in all its ramifications, there should be no justification whatsoever.
What if something bad happens to the children and they need to have more?

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
TroubleMaker47:

I don't expect my sister to go to her new home and expect equal say with her husband! That's total BS!!
Atleast not after what my useless kinsmen made him pay.
If you want to fight for a cause, start from the root and stop displaying hypocrisy

Easier said than done. I knw your type, no need to argue
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
sunkky83:

Easier said than done. I knw your type, no need to argue

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by bukatyne(f): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
solomoneey:
GOSSIPLOUD.COM

Few days ago, a Nigerian doctor via his twitter handle, shared the story of how a husband connived with his doctor to remove his wife's womb because he doesn't want her to have more children. This happened in Festac town, Lagos.

According to the husband, himself and his wife agreed to have just three children but now they have five. After the birth of the 5th child, he connived with the doctor to remove her womb without her consent. He said he cannot see himself using condom to have sex with his wife. The wife has also stated previously that she doesn't like taking birth control pills because they make her bloated. Read story here.

This morning, the hosts of TVC's show, The View, discussed the issue and one of the presenters, Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her.

According to her, it is the culture that we practice. She stated that traditional weddings have been created to give the impression that a woman is being bought by a man.

https://gossiploud.com/2018/08/24/your-husband-has-the-right-to-do-whatever-he-wants-with-your-body-presenter-tope-mark-odigie/

Thank God person fit watch the source.

The woman is actually against the school of thought that the husband can do anything to the wife and called people to address this issue before it becomes a norm.
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by ranmoor: 6:19am On Aug 26, 2018
I think we are lumping things together. Nigeria is quite a unique place. We want to blend marriage in Oyinbo and our tradition context together and that is why we are in chaos.

In court wedding which is designed in oyinbo's way, man n woman get married to become one. U don't need the parents, no need of any list, no need of party, no need of prostration, so far she is not a minor, all u need is a witness. In that case, Man and Woman are equal and are one. The lady's opinions matters, you can talk of rape in marriage and all the equality probs.

In Traditional wedding, the man is acquiring a child bearing, cooking and sex machine. The man pays through his nose to acquire the woman and he is expected to maintain her throughout his lifetime. He probably use his 5-7yrs savings to acquire the woman. Like all boss-slave relationship, it's whatever the man wants. That's why the man can decide he wants another wife (a new machine) and the woman has no say. The woman cannot say no whenever he wants sex and she cannot be raped. She must endure the marriage. in fact she does need to know that man b4 marriage, so far the price is good for her clan.

Now let's blend the 2 marriage concept together, u see the confusion? Until we decide which one is good for us in this country there will always be chaos in our marriages.

Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? / A Mother And Her Son Sex Love Toiling - Real Damn Story! (Mom & son sex Story) / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons