Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body (33817 Views)

Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Kabaka100: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
alterswerve:
Culturally.. Yes..

The stupid traditions.. That make a man spend his 5 years savings on the family of the girl he's about to marry..

Our traditional cultures need revamping tovsuit tge modern times. Thats the niggest problem keeping African nations behind others ...ie how to evolve their traditional cultures to suit modern times

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
When you hear this type of women speak, you know damn well they are lost! Anything to be in the good book of the unkles. Let anty chimamanda catch you! These ones would justify DV and recommend war room. See her hair like sponge undecided

Ndi HEAD carrier!

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Originality007: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
g
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by omooba969(m): 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
alterswerve:
Culturally.. Yes..

The stupid traditions.. That make a man spend his 5 years savings on the family of the girl he's about to marry..

Are you referring to those people? grin

They are coming for you. cool
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Daeylar(f): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
Some Women always breaking their neck to kiss a Man's asß.

Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her.

According to her, it is the culture that we practice. She stated that traditional weddings have been created to give the impression that a woman is being bought by a man.
I wonder what culture she is talking about.

The husband should have a vasectomy,
He doesn't have control over her body in any way.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by SEONaijaExpert: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
She's absolutely correct.
Daeylar:

She's absolutely correct without mincing words.

She's talking about The African culture and over here, as against what you guys watch on telemondo, that's how it's done.

And nobody understands that culture more than a Yoruba woman marrying an Igbo man. She's outrightly right!
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by vikkeee(m): 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
pocahantas your comment is needed
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
That's why bride price need to be scrap undecided
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by romenna: 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
as a man who got a sister and will marry someday, i dont agree or live by dis principle.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by LordKO(m): 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
The postulation can only hold true if he is to do whatever it's with the volitional consent of the wife - headship isn't mastery. Culture or no culture, a wife is neither a subject nor subordinate to the husband - she's a queen and must always be treated as one, unless she demotes herself.

But then in a situation where his request is justifiably conscientious but the wife, out of small-mindedness, object to it, he should take any civil action, he may deem fit, against her.

Culture shouldn't be defined as the way the dead did their things while alive, instead it should be defined as the way the living - at any point in time - chooses to do their things.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
WavesOfGlory:
2 way street.

She also has a right to do whatever she wants with her husband... including vasectomy.
He bought you. The buyer decide the use of what he bought
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by phemmyfour: 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
Orla234:
Why didn't he have a Vasectomy instead

Now that's a selfish man.

"Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her".

I strongly disagree with this.
Kindly submit your body..... Struggle not
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Newboss(m): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
WavesOfGlory:
2 way street.

She also has a right to do whatever she wants with her husband... including vasectomy.
Sorry, in Nigeria, she doesn't!angry
The context here is Nigerian traditions angry
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by supereagle(m): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
Orla234:

"Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her".

My line of thought. God bless you.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by odomanis: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
WavesOfGlory:
2 way street.

Did you read the text well at all ?
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Johnson5258: 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
I disagree, Marriage is not a Patriarchal system of Government, if there is friction it should be rightly addressed. Ecclesiastes 10:10 King James Version (KJV) If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct. in this present world where anything can happen the man may die and the woman will have to move on or even all the five children sef can die but God forbid. Mind you the man paid "Bride Price" not for her life. They should settled it amicably please. A man has no absolute right over the wife's body, it is an understatement and a abuse to my precious women. A lady can choose not to marry and remain whole till death but them no born man well make he try ham. Women i love you all!
10 If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.
Orla234:

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Newboss(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
manci:
What if he die before her and her future husband needs kids and give the woman option to produce children's for him or get a divorce letter .
That's the problem with marriage in Nigeria. angry
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Newboss(m): 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
Daeylar:

Say all you want, but in Nigeria, traditions literally sold her to him. Even your Bible/koran encourages such trashy stuffs angry
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by KaptainAfrika: 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
She looks high as Bleep.
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
If this story is true, which I doubt, the wife should sue the useless doctor and whatever hospital he works for. She is of sound mind and in possession of her faculties

A vasectomy would be faster and far less invasive.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
Now this is selfishness and cruelty. What will happen if he had decided to go for vasectomy for himself? How on earth would a man do that to his wife without her consent. This is pure wickedness. Any man who agree with this should pray for same thing be done on their sister and daughter.

Why can't d doctor advice d man to do vasectomy,y should women always b at d receiving end

Let her sue the doctor and her husband.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Johnson5258: 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
I agree with you oooo
mysteryman2014:

My sister I tire o.

What if morrow they separate, and the woman decides to have another child for her new hubby, what happens?

Such unilateral decision is condemnable in all its ramifications, there should be no justification whatsoever.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by TroubleMaker47(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

whoever made that statement or agrees with it is mentally deranged.

Marriage is an agreement to live and help each other attain the highest possible goals in life not to mutilate one another

Stupid people!! Weird generation

Start your gender equality fight from your kinsmen!
You can't fold your hands and watch your family + kinsmen expoilt a man in the name of traditional marriage!

Your family & kinsmen force the young man tins like 100 tubers of yam, 5 goats, palm wine, wrappers, jewelries and cash! before you could become his wife!

All these while you refuse to speak up in total condemnation, only for you to entet the man's house to fight for equal right! Equal right kee u dia! angry

N/B; I'm against that act of womb removal or any form of violence against women, but the issue of equal rights in an African marriage just irks me!

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by chiommy123(f): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
mysteryman2014:

My sister I tire o.

What if morrow they separate, and the woman decides to have another child for her new hubby, what happens?

Such unilateral decision is condemnable in all its ramifications, there should be no justification whatsoever.
I wonder how people talk they just open their mouth and say anything

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Newboss(m): 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
oyb:
If this story is true, which I doubt, the wife should sue the useless doctor and whatever hospital he works for. She is of sound mind and in possession of her faculties

A vasectomy would be faster and far less invasive.
Say that to the guy who paid £500,000 for a 2018 Rolls Royce Phantom angry
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
Newboss:
Say that to the guy who paid £500,000 for a 2018 Rolls Royce Phantom angry

Wrong mention. Or are you on Friday trolling.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Newboss(m): 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
oyb:

Wrong mention. Or are you on Friday trolling.
Correct mention!

You said vasectomy would be faster... Don't forget who paid! Nigerian traditions sold her. Even Bible and koran sold her angry
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:
She's absolutely correct.
She's absolutely correct without mincing words.

She's talking about The African culture and over here, as against what you guys watch on telemondo, that's how it's done.

And nobody understands that culture more than a Yoruba woman in marrying an Igbo man. She's outrightly right!

What nonsense? What if d man wake up one day and says he doesn't want her anymore, what will be her faith? In this kind of world where men are becoming wicked everyday?

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
Newboss:
Correct mention!

You said vasectomy would be faster... Don't forget who paid! Nigerian traditions sold her. Even Bible and koran sold her angry

You are equating bride price with slavery? Good luck to you.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by egojeny1(f): 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
I really wanted to comment on the said topic that morning, tried their line severally it didn't connect.
How the hell could Tope say such a thing, ok let her husband cut of one of her breasts since he has d right to do whatever pleases him with her body.

Tope, u fall hand big time on this.

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
TroubleMaker47:

Start your gender equality fight from your kinsmen!
You can't fold your hands and watch your family + kinsmen expoilt a man in the name of traditional marriage!

Your family & kinsmen force the young man tins like 100 tubers of yam, 5 goats, palm wine, wrappers, jewelries and cash!

before you could become his

All these while you refuse to speak up in total condemnation, only for you to entet the man's house to fight for equal right! Equal right kee u dia! angry

N/B; I'm against that act of womb removal or any form of violence against women, but the issue of equal rights in an African marriage just irks me!

No big deal. Somewhere, sometime,someone will do same to your sisters and daughters. Then ,come back and say d same trash you are speaking now. Rubb!sh

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by tiredoflife(m): 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
WavesOfGlory:
2 way street.

But checkmate we hardly fall under the knife making babies

A Mother And Her Son Sex Love Toiling - Real Damn Story! (Mom & son sex Story) / Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. / Woman Burnt By Fire While Helping Her Blind Husband In Benue (Viewers Discretion

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49