Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? (33868 Views)

During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? / Which State Pays Corpers The Highest Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by DejiYesufu(m): 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2010
Served in Yola(2002/2003): Bartels Nig Ltd. Met great people. Wonderful experience. God bless the Deeper Life Church Hqtrs in that city, that housed me all year long!
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by oluromeo1(m): 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2010
Zaria in kaduna State, 2006, Black Gold camp was a bump, i found my wife there, thanks to NYSC
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by bolof2000(m): 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2010
just got my call up letter 20 mins. been posted to AKWA IBOM,
dont know what is available for me in that place yet.

i was working on getting lag
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by coolsammy: 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2010
Anambra 2001/2002 batch A. camp was in Oyi local govt. i served in a comm. sec. sch ogwu-Aniocha in Ogbaru local govt. Terrible experience, no portable water, no electricity, no good road network. attend Cds jst once in a month cos of the distance to local govt HQ. the only thing that kept us going cos we were all guys there was the bleeping grin grin
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by oolu(m): 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2010
Bolof, which school did u finish from? Still waiting for mine.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by mojounited(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2010
I SERVED IN bAYELSA THEY CALL IT GLORY OF LAND, BUT I MET THE REVERSE. 2008/09 BATCH C. BAYELSA IS THE MOST BACKWARD STATE IN NIGERIA. Smiley

^^^@Olayinka L,

I thought I wasn't gonna find any poster that served in Bayelsa State, where was your PPA?

I served in Yenagoa, BYS Ministry of Energy, 08A, still in the bloody town of militant mosquitoes after getting a job here prior to POP embarassed
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by mojounited(m): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2010
^^^Also, @OP,

I think Platoons and CDS' shoulda been included in the subject of discussion and related responses from other posters, Anyhoo, I hail thee; all the retired OTONDOS
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by striker07(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2010
I did my NYSC in Abuja 2008 batch B , it was so much fun.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
served in edo state,irrua.2008/2009 batch b,nice xperience but had a terrible ai
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by mykali(m): 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
i am a Kogi Candidate . . .
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by delmolle: 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
hey, am about serving now, going to camp on the 6th at plateau state, was wondering if its posible i could get redeployed back to lagos, if i can get any elp from you on how you went about yours, i will be glad, you can drop yr number so i can call you, thanks
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by GentleE: 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2010
I served in osun state 2006/2007
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by sultan003(m): 8:51am On Jul 01, 2010
they sent me to hell to do nysc. infact jigawa state to be precise. for d 1st time in many yrs i consultd a detail map of nigeria, and i was not impressd wit wat i saw. infact the town were d 3wks camp wil be held is almost in niger republic. d journey to d state is sumtin else. i dnt no wat 2 expect frm d state.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Bawses(m): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2010
@Delmolle
Was posted to Plateau state too, and fortunate for me was lucky to get relocated back to Lagos(had to infleunce it of course)
Think i can help you clementis27 at gmail dot com.

Served in Lagos state 2009/10 batch B, had a wonderful experience, i mean who wouldn't have had 1? Its Lagos Babay!!!!!
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by sophianah(f): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2010
Served in bauchi state, posted to state capital, sinco aluminium
2008/2009 batch B
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by 234GT(m): 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2010
I served in FUNAKAYE local government area of Gombe state, at Government Day Junior Secondary School, Bajoga. It is themost memorable period of my life.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by hallo(f): 3:36pm On Jul 01, 2010
Kwara State- Kosubosu LGA- Yashikira Village, 2004/2005 Batch A
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by hallo(f): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2010
Kwara State- Kosubosu LGA- Yashikira Village, 2004/2005 Batch A. cheesy cheesy wink, was made the headmistress of the nursery

school in the village. Enjoyed my stay though, just that there was nothing called PHCN there. Visited nikki (hope my

spelling is correct) and paraku in bene Republic. cheesy wink smiley
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by chiscomi: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2010
I served in Osun State 2008/2009 Batch A Stream B. Primary assignment at the office of the Faculty Officer Continuing Academic Programme, Osun State College of Technology, Esa-Oke. The experience was fun right 4rm d camp cos I believe we have the best NYSC orientation camp in Nigeria.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by kolsrah(m): 7:31am On Jul 02, 2010
, served in Taraba state,Ibi local govt.2006/2007:nice batch.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by dolu2007(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2010
BATCH 'B' 2010 ORIENTATION COURSE COMMENCE ON THE 6th - 27th JULY, 2010

More here- http://nysc.gov.ng/

Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by sweetugos(f): 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
I served i Jigawa state 2005/2006 batch B. i served in kazuare, Ucheking i know u can remember me now Chineye's friend i used to help her out in her shop. Kudos to all.

Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by sweetugos(f): 4:20pm On Jan 12, 2012
please i need to find my friend Chineye she served in kazaure in jigawa state 2005/2006 batch B. she used to have a shop in front of the secreteriate then pls anyone with news of her.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Enifej: 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2012
Still serving @ gombe state. Dukku local Govt. Batch A
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by ekehleosey: 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
Super Cliqr Hint: Whenever you place between 11th and 15th position, you still can win by clicking through 11th to 15th and loosing N12.5 and then clicking through 16th to 20th and gaining N60.
You should play N5 win N50 to understand the game better and note that this method works for every category but you must loose before you gain, therefore you must have NGN to lose first before gaining for this strategy to work.
www.mocliq.mobi
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by schoolboi: 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2012
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by calabaman(m): 12:30am On Jan 17, 2012
Agwada, Nasarawa state 2010 batch C
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Sleekjd(f): 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2012
Served in Enugu State 2007/2008 Batch B. Girls Secondary School, Achi, Oji River LGA. D village was boring though, bt spent my weekends in Enugu. It was real fun! Learnt Enugu is more beautiful now.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by damils: 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
I served I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Zamfara state...Orientation Camp at Tsafe, PPA was at Zurmi...we call it Z of Z. Initially didn't like the place but currently wishing †☺ have a̶̲̥̅ revisit †☺ that place. Twasn't far from Niger Republic, we saw it as an avenue †☺ travel out...lol.
Taught I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Government Arabic Secondary, Zurmi (GASS) where I taught SS1 student 1/2 + 1/3 for a̶̲̥̅ whole term. Where Ɣ☺Ʊ have †☺ think of how best †☺ teach the SS3 student who are to write WAEC but can't spell GEOGRAPHY or those that have a̶̲̥̅ big time telling you they want †☺ PEE but can't form the words I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ENGLISH and are suppose †☺ write WAEC I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ about a̶̲̥̅ week time.
I experienced how student got †☺ JSS1, 2 or 3 without having any Nursery or primary school eduction. Once ‎​​​​A̶̲̥̅♏ done with arabic school, ‎​​​​A̶̲̥̅♏ qualified †☺ gain admission †☺ any of the JSS classes or even an SSS class.
I experienced a̶̲̥̅n environment where government fed student 3 times daily just for them †☺ come †☺ school still they wouldn't because they don't know the importance of eduction.
I remember how that a̶̲̥̅ Mallam (meaning teacher I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ arabic) who teaches I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the SSS section of the school couldn't compose his words I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ english but taught the student anyway I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ hausa...it really doesn't matter so long as the student understand what he's trying †☺ say.

Serving I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Zamfara state was fun for ♍e, wish I recorded it all on Tape, maybe I would be able †☺ further convince you †☺ think of how we can create a̶̲̥̅ positive change I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this great nation.
They are not BOKO HARAMs, they aren't MOLAs neither are they ABOKIs, they are Nigerians who never got the right †☺ good and qualitative education from childhood and then believe the only way †☺ pay back on the society Iڪ †☺ destroy what they never had.
We all can make a̶̲̥̅ chane if we begin now.

Teach, Educate and help a̶̲̥̅ child else he or she might become the BOKO HARAM that would disturb your peace tomorrow.
This Iڪ м̲̐ч̲̣̥̐ believe, this Iڪ ♍e.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by frandora(f): 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
I served at govt secondary school aloce, akwanga in nasarawa state 2010 batch A.I enjoy constant power supply,der are frndly pple but d state no get money.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
GUSAU still remain da best!! Wish 2b thr again if not 4d less privileged, uneducated "yaros" called boko-haram
damils: I served I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Zamfara state...Orientation Camp at Tsafe, PPA was at Zurmi...we call it Z of Z. Initially didn't like the place but currently wishing †☺ have a̶̲̥̅ revisit †☺ that place. Twasn't far from Niger Republic, we saw it as an avenue †☺ travel out...lol.
Taught I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Government Arabic Secondary, Zurmi (GASS) where I taught SS1 student 1/2 + 1/3 for a̶̲̥̅ whole term. Where Ɣ☺Ʊ have †☺ think of how best †☺ teach the SS3 student who are to write WAEC but can't spell GEOGRAPHY or those that have a̶̲̥̅ big time telling you they want †☺ PEE but can't form the words I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ENGLISH and are suppose †☺ write WAEC I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ about a̶̲̥̅ week time.
I experienced how student got †☺ JSS1, 2 or 3 without having any Nursery or primary school eduction. Once ‎​​​​A̶̲̥̅♏ done with arabic school, ‎​​​​A̶̲̥̅♏ qualified †☺ gain admission †☺ any of the JSS classes or even an SSS class.
I experienced a̶̲̥̅n environment where government fed student 3 times daily just for them †☺ come †☺ school still they wouldn't because they don't know the importance of eduction.
I remember how that a̶̲̥̅ Mallam (meaning teacher I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ arabic) who teaches I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the SSS section of the school couldn't compose his words I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ english but taught the student anyway I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ hausa...it really doesn't matter so long as the student understand what he's trying †☺ say.

Serving I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Zamfara state was fun for ♍e, wish I recorded it all on Tape, maybe I would be able †☺ further convince you †☺ think of how we can create a̶̲̥̅ positive change I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this great nation.
They are not BOKO HARAMs, they aren't MOLAs neither are they ABOKIs, they are Nigerians who never got the right †☺ good and qualitative education from childhood and then believe the only way †☺ pay back on the society Iڪ †☺ destroy what they never had.
We all can make a̶̲̥̅ chane if we begin now.

Teach, Educate and help a̶̲̥̅ child else he or she might become the BOKO HARAM that would disturb your peace tomorrow.
This Iڪ м̲̐ч̲̣̥̐ believe, this Iڪ ♍e.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB / Nysc 2013 Batch A And Jamb Reg. Number. How True? / Lack Of Job: Ex-Female Corper Cries Out On Facebook After NYSC (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.