Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Nigerian Youth Lack Priority - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Youth Lack Priority (605 Views)

(Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. / 'Lack Of Sex Will Make You Mad' - Nigerian "Slay Queen" / Didisassy: "If You Allow Man Grab Your Butt In Public, You Lack Home Training’’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by 2buffagain(m): 3:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
Why are the Business and Technology sections of this forum always empty, but the romance and entertainment sections are always full?

Could this be a symptom of where the priorities of the average nigerian youth lay?

Could this be why Nigerians don't invent anything?
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by KingSatan: 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Its my handiwork.

But on a serious note, the African mind have been customized with so many limitations.

It starts from their families teaching them total dependence on the west for technological dividends.

Society teaching them that except you get the support of the government, you are bound to fail.

Government trying very hard to secure the future of their immediate families and loved ones at the expense of the ordinary African.

Lastly, their churches teaching them to "Cast their burdens/worries unto Jesus for he cares for them"

Listen friend, Every scientific breakthrough you know (including those about yet to come) was born out of curiosity.

That curiosity is a product of a need that required urgent attention.

Rational questions will be asked, Logical explanations will be sought after, experiments will be conducted and BOOM, its the big breakthrough.

But in Africa you have a need and also a final resort. And that is religion!

So don't expect much.

I will keep doing my job.

Making you Africans pay for being black and looking like me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by ednut1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
See who dey talk. There is no enabling environment for such to thrive which is no fault of the youth

Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by 2buffagain(m): 4:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
KingSatan:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Its my handiwork.

But on a serious note, the African mind have been customized with so many limitations.

It starts from their families teaching them total dependence on the west for technological dividends.

Society teaching them that except you get the support of the government, you are bound to fail.

Government trying very hard to secure the future of their immediate families and loved ones at the expense of the ordinary African.

Lastly, their churches teaching them to "Cast their burdens/worries unto Jesus for he cares for them"

Listen friend, Every scientific breakthrough you know (including those about yet to come) was born out of curiosity.

That curiosity was born out of a need.

In Africa you have a need and also a resort. And that is religion!

So don't expect much.

I will keep doing my job.

Making you Africans pay for being black and looking like me.

Wow you have this whole thing figured out huh?
You must hate yourself though, because that's the only reason why people who as you say "look like you"...must suffer more.

Have you seen a shrink to help you deal with that self-hate?
Who is paying you for this work you say you are doing sef?
I'm sure since your..."split"...from heaven, you must have figured out far more interesting things to do with your eternity than the unpaid infliction of sufferment and retardation on humans. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by 2buffagain(m): 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
ednut1:
See who dey talk. There is no enabling environment for such to thrive which is no fault of the youth

Like what Satan said up there...who are you expecting to create this "enabling environment"?
Don't fawk up and say "government". cheesy
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by ednut1(m): 4:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
2buffagain:

Like what Satan said up there...who are you expecting to create this "enabling environment"?
Don't fawk up and say "government". cheesy
the kids and youth in china,usa, canada and co created the enabling environment abi
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by mofeoluwadassah: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
*sighs*......

Leaves thread sad
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by milemimi93(m): 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
Where is the capital to go into business?
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by 2buffagain(m): 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2018
milemimi93:
Where is the capital to go into business?

Learn to code, then create something.
Then RELEASE it.

You just typed into something that some guy named Seun coded and RELEASED.
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by 2buffagain(m): 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
ednut1:
the kids and youth in china,usa, canada and co created the enabling environment abi

Go into Tech.
You don't need government for that.

Government will not tell you to go online and learn how to create software, for example. Or how to create something cool with an arduino board.
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by milemimi93(m): 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
2buffagain:

Learn to code, then create something.
Then RELEASE it.

You just typed into something that some guy named Seun coded and RELEASED.

How many have you coded?
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by 2buffagain(m): 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
milemimi93:

How many have you coded?

This is a faceless forum. I'm definitely not going to tell you anything I have released as that can then be traced back to me.

Rest assured that Tech is not a respecter of persons and you can achieve great success if you focus your energies on innovating, creating, releasing and SELLING. None of which requires government nor can any be done by most of the youths' constant focus on entertainment and romance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by milemimi93(m): 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2018
2buffagain:

This is a faceless forum. I'm definitely not going to tell you anything I have released as that can then be traced back to me.

Rest assured that Tech is not a respecter of persons and you can achieve great success if you focus your energies on innovating, creating, releasing and SELLING. None of which can be done by most of the youths' constant focus on entertainment and romance.

Thanks for your advice.

But I'm good where I am.
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by Goddyss(m): 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by 2buffagain(m): 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
Goddyss:
I regret being an African. Too many ideas in my head on how to make wealth but no enabling environment for that. No government or institutional support. Why many are here including kingsatan is as a result of joblessness.
Have you ever seen a fully grown learned man who is very fluid and eloquent coming to nairaland to form Satan. It's a way out of frustration and depression. Humour cures all ills.

Business section worsens your plight when you have no means to facilitate your skill sets.

Kingsatan awaits my torment this midnight

What field are you into?

Regarding the Satan fellow, You 2 are still fighting bro? grin

I thought one of you was supposed to eat the other last night
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by Goddyss(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
Even programming section sef empty. Na we dey do ourselves by ourselves.
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by Goddyss(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Goddyss:

Na person wey belle full go bring laptop and be doing trial and error for coding. Some skills are not for survivors. We have thousands of genius on nairaland but the environment is crippling.

After almost a decade in the tertiary institutions, even to get little job to survive na wahala. Loan to start business and create jobs na story for another day.

Never blame the youth. Blame the leaders

Yes, the system is fvcked but we can't keep blaming the leaders till eternity. What has blaming them put in our pocket all these years? Nothing! We must survive first. And this entails looking for something to make a thing out of it.

I recently started self-tutorial on coding, but lack of enough and proper resources is starting to cripple the drive. But I must ride on, else laziness and nonchalance make it worse.

Survival is paramount.
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by Goddyss(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
locust:

Yes, the system is fvcked but we can't keep blaming the leaders till eternity. What has blaming them put in our pocket all these years? Nothing! We must survive first. And this entails looking for something to make a thing out of it.

I recently started self-tutorial on coding, but lack of enough and proper resources is starting to cripple the drive. But I must ride on, else laziness and nonchalance make it worse.

Survival is paramount.
Well survival is of different degrees. You forgot that not everyone has a laptop to begin with
Re: Nigerian Youth Lack Priority by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
Goddyss:

Well survival is of different degrees. You forgot that not everyone has a laptop to begin with

You're right, I forgot that. nawa o

(1) (Reply)

How To Survive A Distance Relationship / What's The Best Follow Up Strategy To Use After Collecting A Girl's Number / Freshly Washed Snails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.