Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates (24630 Views)

DSTV Price Hike: Five Alternatives Nigerians Are Opting For / DSTV Subscription Hike: I Won’t Subscribe Again – OPM General Overseer / Bbnaija Retains Ebuka As Host For 2019 Tv Reality Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by frowland(m): 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2018
Badooguy:
Very correct my guy, I park my DSTV since three months ago, my wife is very mad at me, am the one paying and not her. so we are using star time and I want to buy TSTV this month end to end DSTV in my house I cannot be working for them anymore in the bubu hard time.

Everyone will like to switch, but the football is the issue.
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by ebuka1511(m): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
LibertyRep:

The bolded is why I have soft spot for Glo eventhough they misbehave sometimes.
Competition is the panacea
Same with me here bro, still have a sim on which I contribute 5k to monthly on data, and the fun part of it is that it's very easy to share. Still reeling Glo
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by King44(m): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
PLEASE ADENUGA INVEST IN THIS SECTOR GIVE US AN ALTERNATIVE THIS DSTV PEOPLE ARE TRYING WHAT THEY CANT TRY IN SA IN NIG, WE BELIEVE IN YOUR GOVT SIR grin

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
DSTV and its issues. It is well!
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by goldmatrix(m): 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
Dem know us finish naa
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2018
Lucid1:
I don’t know which court granted that kind of injunction . This country sef

Is it by force to use DSTV? Nigerians need to know when to chill, it’s free enterprise
so in free enterprise there is no regulations abi... People can do anyhow... Pay people whatever they like cos it's free enterprise
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
so in free enterprise there is no regulations abi... People can do anyhow... Pay people whatever they like cos it's free enterprise

Yes. Abi na public liability company?

Or is watching DStv now an essential commodity that requires regulation of price?

If I open laundry business and I say to dry clean suit na 5000 naira , how e take concern anybody? Na by force to be my customer? See o angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
frowland:
Yup, I called them few days ago over reconnection issue and they told me premium that I formally pay 16,800 is now 19k+. I had to reason deeply if it was morally right to pay such amount monthly and why they ignored court order.
If they ignore court order, then you should know they have backers either in the executive arm or the legislator.
But to be sincere, I do not think the court have the right to tell DSTV how to run their business as the service is not a must.
All the government can do in this situation is to allow [b][/b]a level playing field with other competitors just like the telecom sector.
u Don talk am...

1 Like

Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by abimic(m): 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
DSTV can increase their subscription plans as they like, their subscribers are not complaining, and if anyone complains, his brain is definitely paining him. DSTV, increase your Tariff to your choice, it's he that walks that knows where pinches him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by popefuse(m): 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
I represent
GALAXY
LTV

AIT
SILVERBIRD
MITV
OGTV
OSBC
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by Alwaysking: 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
wristbangle:
In SouthAfrica, DSTV is not among the top TV satellite brands as competitors offers quality service and reasonable price to them. It's only in Nigeria where nepotism and corruption is having a field day they can practice this unlawful act of milking the masses and it's courtesy of the orangutans/clueless barbarians in power.

Ideally, if competition speaks in the TV satellite sectors just like in the telecommunications, by now even their premium subscription price would have reduced to N1000 or be forced to shut down. If not for the likes of Glo who brought per secs billing, Money Taking Network ABI EmptyHen will still be billing us per min.

Useless thieves.
Foolish shithole, God will punish those thieves in Aso rock
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by geequ(m): 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
don't be surprise if they have the backing of one oga at the top
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by blacknp(m): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
Donald95:
Good

Paedophile Muhammadu Buhari started it. He weakened our judiciary by flouting Court orders.

Instead of foolish nigerian Government to use this opportunity to encourage indigenous satellite providers to overtake this DSTV, They rather choose to chook eye in another persons business
paedophile?maybe your papa is one, or how do you know the traits of a paedophile?
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by lereinter(m): 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
but nig runs a destructive capitalist economy

but dstv and all nig coys pays for energy, security, police, area boys, etc
how we they not increase erratically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by blacknp(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
geequ:
don't be surprise if they have the backing of one oga at the top
Pay them their money you church rat is it by force you watch dstv,what of NTA startimes, or kwese tv?if you still can't afford those,go and buy a digital antenna I heard they have some incredible programmes on regular digital tv.

Nigerians want everything free,you want to watch English Premiership but you do not want to pay for dstv subscription,same way they want cheap electricity and petrol without working?
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
Badooguy:
Very correct my guy, I park my DSTV since three months ago, my wife is very mad at me, am the one paying and not her. so we are using star time and I want to buy TSTV this month end to end DSTV in my house I cannot be working for them anymore in the bubu hard time.
simple
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by Sunmolar(m): 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2018
metroblogger:
Satellite service provider DStv has continued to implement its new bouquet rates despite court order restraining the action.

DStv is a Sub-Saharan African direct broadcast satellite service owned by MultiChoice. The service launched in 1995, provides multiple channels and services to its more than 11.9 million subscribers.

An official of DStv, who declined to give his name because they had been asked by the company not to speak on the issue, confirmed to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday that subscribers still pay the increased rates.

“The case is being reviewed at the moment and there are some information that I cannot disclose.

“But as it is, for all of the DStv subscriptions, the price still remains at its increased rate price list.

“I do not have any information as to how long it will take to review the prices but the case is being reviewed in the court with the business and legal experts,” he said.

In July, MultiChoice raised the subscription rate for the DSty Premium package from N14,700 to N15,800, Compact Plus from N9,900 to N10,650, Compact from N6,300 to N6,800.

The Family package went from N3,800 to N4,000, and Access from N1,900 to N2,000 which was implemented from Aug 1.

However, on Monday, Justice Nnamdi Dimgba granted an injunction restraining the video entertainment and Internet Company from implementing the new rates.

The court also restrained MultiChoice from any conduct capable of interfering with the regulatory process of the Consumer Protection Council (CPC).

The restraining order was issued in respect of Suit No FHC/ABJ/CS/894/18 brought before the court by the CPC following public outcry.

In March 2015, DStv announced a 20 per cent increase for all its satellite pay TV bouquets in Nigeria, which took effect from April 1, 2015.

An order of interim injunction restraining Multichoice from enforcing the planned increase was granted by Justice C.J. Aneke of the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos.

Inspite of the ruling, DStv went on to implement the increased prices with the defence that the Court order was granted on April 2 after price increase had taken effect on April 1, 2015.

The Director-General of CPC, Mr Babatunde Irukera in a statement on Friday unveiled a special channel for receiving complaints for customers who could not renew their subscriptions at old prices.

“The Council is setting up a special channel for receiving complaints for this purpose.

“This is in view of the continuing and increasing complaints that consumers are unsuccessful in renewing subscription in compliance with the order of the court, even after service of the order upon Multichoice.

“As such, any consumer who has, or is experiencing this challenge should please send an email to multichoicecompliance@cpc.gov.ng, stating relevant information.

“The information should include smart card number, name, telephone number, date and time of failed attempt to pay, supporting same with relevant evidence such as a screenshot or document (where necessary),” Irukera said.

http://www.metronaija.ng/price-hike-dstv-shuns-court-injunction-retains-new-rates-2/

he that the gods want to destroy, will first of all make mad
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by blacknp(m): 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
Alwaysking:
Foolish shithole, God will punish those thieves in Aso rock
It is true God punish Aso Rock for making you and your Family failures in the sh¡thole,just imagine you & the family can't even afford ordinary dstv subscription,make una go watch johnbull for NTA.
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2018
Na dstv bodi we dey strong.... Rice high, cement high ,call tariffs high..fix dem too
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by Alwaysking: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
blacknp:
It is true God punish Aso Rock for making you and your Family failures in the sh¡thole,just imagine you & the family can't even afford ordinary dstv subscription,make una go watch johnbull for NTA.
Hey thunder strike your lineage there, foolish goat!
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by blacknp(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
King44:
PLEASE ADENUGA INVEST IN THIS SECTOR GIVE US AN ALTERNATIVE THIS DSTV PEOPLE ARE TRYING WHAT THEY CANT TRY IN SA IN NIG, WE BELIEVE IN YOUR GOVT SIR grin
Michael Adenuga should go and buy programmes for $100 and sell it to you for $85 or air it for free?you too get sense. Go and pay dstv their money or no more LA Liga and English Premiership for you.
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by blacknp(m): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2018
Alwaysking:
Hey thunder strike your lineage there, foolish goat!
Greatest Of All Time (G.O.A.T) like LL Cool J, Na so word they pain you?Be ready to receive as you dish out,i'm glad I got your attention.
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by reiddecuti: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2018
And our Judiciary has been reduced to a mere barking DOG.

Go try this shit in America or any serious country, you're done for business.

This is what corruption can breed.
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by emmie14: 11:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yankee101:
It's high time we sent DSTV out of the country

You pay and buy fuel to watch . How can you save?
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by princenath: 12:22am On Aug 26, 2018
Why won't dstv disobey court order wen our govt don't obey judiciary... They made our judiciary a joke to d whole world.
Everything is wrong in this country...
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by meobizy(f): 12:45am On Aug 26, 2018
Until a worthy competitor claims their spot I’ll stick with them till further notice.
This price hike I’m sure will chase away the riff raffs who always default on paying monthly subscription fees. Business is only for the serious minded, it goes both ways — the provider and consumer.
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by AKWAPROPHET: 1:40am On Aug 26, 2018
Re: Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates by klemony: 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hello Nairalander's,
I think its high time Nigerians embrace modern technologies in this 21st century. Why should Nigerians still choose to subscribe to DSTV and its likes when you can simply enjoy watching those your favourite channels and lots more while using an andriod box or smart tv or wifi tv. By using this device,all you need is just an internet network then connect it to your andriod box and select the channel u want to watch.you can also search for any other channels online. you can connect this through wireless device or via wired i.e RJ45 ethernet port or via usb. The beauty of this is that u dont need much internet data to keep this device flying,internet data of as little as 128kbps is good enough for andriod box to stream and watch. The beauty of this device is that u can browse the net on your tv phones,laptops,Tabs or any other wireless device and also watch any international tv stations accross the globe. Your internet subscription through your service providers will cover for both surfing the net and as an alternative to your DSTV and the likes in terms of pay tv or terrestial tv station.

Give it a try!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Korean Words You'll Always Hear In A Kdrama / Kechi Okwuchi Is A Finalist On America's Got Talent 2017 / Nollywood-Military Movie, Eagle Wings Premieres In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.