Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446443 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by falansa: 9:26am On Feb 10, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

ES350.
Toyota Camry V6.
IS250.
2008 Honda Accord i4

Thanks bro
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by falansa: 9:27am On Feb 10, 2020
nurey:

ES350 07-10
Thanks brother
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2020
Nigeria used Matrix 2003/04 #950k, for sale serious buyer, buy and drive ,08100266612, 09083270330

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by akinola98: 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
[quote author=makjo900 post=86159324]
Venza 2014/5 or Honda CRV 2014/5 or Lexus RX 2014/5

Pls help out with the below

reliability
fuel economy/consumption
performance
parts availability
cost of repairs

Please guru advice me what to buy from the above
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:17am On Feb 11, 2020
[quote author=akinola98 post=86543101][/quote]

Venza 2014/5 or Honda CRV 2014/5 or Lexus RX 2014/5
Pls help out with the below

reliability
Reliability is Equal in all but Toyota/Lexus is above CRV.

fuel economy/consumption
CRV
Venza I4
Venza V6 and RX350

performance
RX350 V6
Venza V6 > I4
CRV

parts availability
Equal

cost of repairs
Toyota/Lexus more expensive than CRV, they are too of the line premium vehicles, so parts and labour expect you to pay more
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dbass2020: 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
nurey:

ES300 was first made, then ES330 was an improvement on 300 while ES350 was a better design car than the previous 2, look at the 3 cars and pick the one that you would like to be seen driving, one that you will smile every time you park it and be proud of yourself.

The 1 likely to visit the mechanic frequently is the one you bought and drive with an "I don't care attitude" they are all vehicle, one way or the other something would breakdown.

As long as the 3 cars are in great shape I don't expect something to break easily but alas the ES300 is an older model, I expect things to start malfunctioning or breakdown compared to ES350 the youngest in terms of production year.

Thanks a lot ��
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dbass2020: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Buy the ES350.

Thanks boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
Hello guys,

I have been following this thread now and I have not seen anyone talk about Acura. Is it that the cars aren't good enough for our roads? I recently started taking note of the Acura Tsx and I am completely sold by our good looking and premium the car looks both exterior and interior. I have added it to the list of cars I will likely buy. But I really would love more info about the car and whether it is reliable, durable, and easy to maintain. It will be the first time I will be buying and owning a car.

My top picks are
Acura TSX 2006/07
Toyota Camry 2006 XLE
Lexus ES 330
Honda Accord 2007 EX-L.

Budget is around 2m for Toks only. I don't care much about speed. Looking out for Class, Reliability, Cost of Maintenance, Suitability with our roads (Benin City) and Aesthetics.

I have fair knowledge about the camry and lexus and Honda already as they are quite common on our roads. I just need someone to give me more insight about the Acura and how it holds up with the others. Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dljbd1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 11, 2020
What do you guys think about 07 DC?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
Tucode:
Hello guys,

I have been following this thread now and I have not seen anyone talk about Acura. Is it that the cars aren't good enough for our roads? I recently started taking note of the Acura Tsx and I am completely sold by our good looking and premium the car looks both exterior and interior. I have added it to the list of cars I will likely buy. But I really would love more info about the car and whether it is reliable, durable, and easy to maintain. It will be the first time I will be buying and owning a car.

My top picks are
Acura TSX 2006/07
Toyota Camry 2006 XLE
Lexus ES 330
Honda Accord 2007 EX-L.

Budget is around 2m for Toks only. I don't care much about speed. Looking out for Class, Reliability, Cost of Maintenance, Suitability with our roads (Benin City) and Aesthetics.

I have fair knowledge about the camry and lexus and Honda already as they are quite common on our roads. I just need someone to give me more insight about the Acura and how it holds up with the others. Thanks.

TSX is a very luxurious Honda Accord Europe which is identical to Honda Accord North America.

so you are basically buying an Honda Accord 4cylinder with more luxurious fitting

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
dljbd1:
What do you guys think about 07 DC?

Don't use cheap oil in the transmission and steering.

Engine seating gets damaged due to bad roads and causes vibrations, always replace with tokunbo or confam OEM, brand-new china still always have vibrations.

At high mileage engine external seals go bad, replace when noticed to avoid oil shortage.

Listen well to the legs to avoid pulling off in unexpected places.

The radio screen gets spoilt easily due to position to sun.

Above all nah confirm ride

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
Tucode:
Hello guys,

My top picks are
Acura TSX 2006/07
Toyota Camry 2006 XLE
Lexus ES 330
Honda Accord 2007 EX-L.

Buy a fully loaded ES330. It's the best of the lot.

Or add something and get an IS250.

https://www.nairaland.com/5660486/sharp-tokumbo-is250-clean-titled#86241207

There are plenty of deals like these. Due dilligence is required.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 5:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
Tucode:
Hello guys,

My top picks are
Acura TSX 2006/07
Toyota Camry 2006 XLE
Lexus ES 330
Honda Accord 2007 EX-L.

get the Acura

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oride: 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
radautoworks:
get the Acura

What's your opinion on the 2006 Acura RL when compared to the 2005 ES330 and the 2005 Infiniti G35.
Parameters: Luxury, comfort and high speed stability.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
oride:

What's your opinion on the 2006 Acura RL when compared to the 2005 ES330 and the 2005 Infiniti G35.

RL is ahead of the others. The RL was Acura's flagship, you know?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
oride:

Luxury tie that particular Infiniti and Acura
Comfort tie Lexus and Acura
Stability Acura and Infiniti

ALL ROUNDER ACURA
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oride: 7:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
radautoworks:

ALL ROUNDER ACURA

Merci Madame
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
radautoworks:

ALL ROUNDER ACURA

Sorry, maam, but the RL is a lot better built than the 05 G35.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Agreed. The RL was like 20k dolls costlier than the G35. Has Acuras SH-AWD, Emergency braking system e.t.c.

Put it against the Q45 and you may have a fair comparison. That G35 has got nothing on it.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oride: 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I'm shocked. Is the build quality for the G35 that bad?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
radautoworks:

Luxury tie that particular Infiniti lexus and Acura
Stability handling/sporty Performance Acura and Infiniti

ALL ROUNDER ACURA
]

The Lexus ES is more plush and comfortable than the infiniti G35/37

All are stable for their intended use. But the acura and infiniti are more sports oriented.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2020
rationalmind:

Agreed. The RL was like 20k dolls costlier than the G35. Has Acuras SH-AWD, Emergency braking system e.t.c.

Put it against the Q45 and you may have a fair comparison. That G35 has got nothing on it.

Yep. It's just in the same class as the G. It's an E Class competitor in terms of luxury, I'd say.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2020
oride:

I'm shocked. Is the build quality for the G35 that bad?

The 05 G35 wasn't great. Got much better in 07+.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 12:01am On Feb 12, 2020
[Thanks for the reply. But I want to know if it has similar or close enough maintenance cost, availability of parts and is it nearly rugged as the regular Honda Accord DC? I will be using it in Benin and Benin roads aren't the best actually. quote author=nurey post=86562555]

TSX is a very luxurious Honda Accord Europe which is identical to Honda Accord North America.

so you are basically buying an Honda Accord 4cylinder with more luxurious fitting[/quote]
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 12:12am On Feb 12, 2020
Thanks for your reply. The Lexus is also the most pricy of the lot making it the least in my considerations. I am seriously considering the Acura but I just have not seen anyone to ask about the car and likely problems.

It's the one my after my heart, just want to make sure it's not a problematic car considering that I don't see it on our roads enough.

HeavenlyBang:

Buy a fully loaded ES330. It's the best of the lot.

Or add something and get an IS250.

https://www.nairaland.com/5660486/sharp-tokumbo-is250-clean-titled#86241207

There are plenty of deals like these. Due dilligence is required.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 12:15am On Feb 12, 2020
KINGreignn:

]

The Lexus ES is more plush and comfortable than the infiniti G35/37

All are stable for their intended use. But the acura and infiniti are more sports oriented.

HeavenlyBang:

Raise your hand if you have owned and/or driven or worked with all three of the specific years he asked about...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 12:16am On Feb 12, 2020
Thanks. But would appreciate if you give me reasons. Have you used it before or know someone who has?
radautoworks:
get the Acura
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:53am On Feb 12, 2020
Tucode:
[Thanks for the reply. But I want to know if it has similar or close enough maintenance cost, availability of parts and is it nearly rugged as the regular Honda Accord DC? I will be using it in Benin and Benin roads aren't the best actually. quote author=nurey post=86562555]

so you are basically buying an Honda Accord 4cylinder with more luxurious fitting

The Honda Accord Europe and Accord North America are identical in parts to a great %.

The TSX is a luxurious European Accord. The only difference is the engine in the TSX is different from 4 cylinder in normal accords and has a higher HP. buy it parts are available.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 8:00am On Feb 12, 2020
Tucode:
Thanks. But would appreciate if you give me reasons. Have you used it before or know someone who has?

Yes
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 9:44am On Feb 12, 2020
Thanks sir, you've been helpful. But one more question please.

Imagine budget is not a problem but you're a car novice who values stylish design but also conscious of cost of maintenance, and adaptability to our roads and you're to choose between the Honda Accord, Acura tsx and TL, which would you pick?

Throwing in the TL to make things interesting. Thanks.
nurey:

The Honda Accord Europe and Accord North America are identical in parts to a great %.

The TSX is a luxurious European Accord. The only difference is the engine in the TSX is different from 4 cylinder in normal accords and has a higher HP. buy it parts are available.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:55am On Feb 12, 2020
Tucode:
Thanks sir, you've been helpful. But one more question please.

Imagine budget is not a problem but you're a car novice who values stylish design but also conscious of cost of maintenance, and adaptability to our roads and you're to choose between the Honda Accord, Acura tsx and TL, which would you pick?

Throwing in the TL to make things interesting. Thanks.

Acura TSX is my choice, more luxurious than the Accord and would give me a basic luxury and better fuel economy than the TL. Besides it less common on the road which would command more respect than Accord.

I am not a gadget freek and I won't live in the car so I am comfortable with the DVD screen with rear camera and the steering wheel controls, all the other things the TL has better than TSX, I don't need them.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 10:11am On Feb 12, 2020
Thanks sir... I will come back to testify once I get it

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.